Author Topic: Can you really say that he/she is the one?  (Read 6557 times)

paper_doll

  • Guest
Can you really say that he/she is the one?
« on: May 23, 2014, 12:29:24 pm »
Can you really say it? or did you work for it? Some said that they just know that their special one is "the one", but.. can you really tell?

please tell me your story guys that led you to that conclusion.. that you guys end up together.. but happily ah..  ;) i'll be happy to read it.  :)

simang

  • Guest
Re: Can you really say that he/she is the one?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 01:18:40 pm »
You can consider anyone as "the one". Para sa akin it's always a conscious choice to consider someone "the one". You can never be 100% sure if your choice is right, but if you're willing to take the chance kahit hindi ka sure, for me that's the beauty of it.

jeune

  • Guest
Re: Can you really say that he/she is the one?
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 03:19:28 am »
It's a risk you have to take. I don't like regrets, I don't like to live a life with should've, could've, would've so I know my husband was the one for me when I set him free only to return again and I accepted him back.

lovely_carrot

  • Guest
Re: Can you really say that he/she is the one?
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 12:44:49 pm »
I think you can, its a gut feeling. He/She is the one if you can't see your future without him/her.

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Can you really say that he/she is the one?
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 09:43:51 pm »
A follow up question din

what if naisip mo na She's or he's the one, naguusap kayo about sa house na gusto niyo tirahan, about having kids. Then namatay siya. Tapos you're just in your mid 20's. Does that mean he/she is not The one? Or he/she is the one and you've lost "the one" na, gone forever?

krnmprl

  • Guest
Re: Can you really say that he/she is the one?
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 12:10:32 am »
Para sa kin yung 'the one' is a choice you make. I feel the person I'm with right now is THE ONE not in the destiny fairy tale kind of way, but in an 'intelligent decision' kind of way. If I was younger I would consider this unromantic, but growing older I've become a fan of things that actually work. Jobs that can handle me, bosses that know how to handle me, friends that get me, so in the same spirit I feel I've found someone that gets me, that has enough depth, sense of fun and drive to keep up and handle me.

sazleang

  • Guest
Re: Can you really say that he/she is the one?
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 11:21:42 am »
My experience was when I broke up with him dahil nahuli ko sya flirting w/ other woman, inayawan ko na talaga sya. Nagmakaawa pa sya sakin and sa mom ko, his mom even apologized to me on his behalf and asked if I can still give him another chance. But I chose to move on.. Kaso no matter how hard I tried, upto the point of dating other guys na, nacocompare ko parin sya sa mga nadedate ko and mas naaalala ko pa lalo yun mga happy memories namin together.  Hagang sa 1 day, tumigil na sya sa paghabol/ pangungulit sakin... 5 years na kami when it happened kaya maraming nanghihinayang.  umabot din ako sa point of being regretful na hindi ko sya binigyan ng chance.

It was Easter Sunday of 2011, sobrang nadepress na talaga ako ng mga time na yon and I want him back. Dahil sa pride ko, hindi ko sya matawagan or text. pero I prayed and ask for a sign.. Hola! at Easter Sunday afternoon, he texted me just to say "Happy Easter Sunday!" I grabbed that sign (or should I say opportunity haha!) to patch things up between us. syempre ask ko lang if okay lang ba meet and talk about the things happend.. Yun nag usap kami, 2 of us admitted that we've realized a lot nun naghiwalay kami and agreed to refresh our relationship. Hindi naman naging madali na maayos agad.. Marami paring sumbatan and sisihan and hirap ibalik ang trust pero ang bottom line, we love each other eh.  5 years na kami when we realized na kami na talaga and kailangan pa naming maghiwalay and masaktan bago namin marealized yon..  In the end, we got engaged in year 2012 and got married 2013.

Sorry kung mahaba Sis, pero I hope our story can inspire and somehow help you (if necessary) :)

paper_doll

  • Guest
Re: Can you really say that he/she is the one?
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 01:12:55 pm »
My experience was when I broke up with him dahil nahuli ko sya flirting w/ other woman, inayawan ko na talaga sya. Nagmakaawa pa sya sakin and sa mom ko, his mom even apologized to me on his behalf and asked if I can still give him another chance. But I chose to move on.. Kaso no matter how hard I tried, upto the point of dating other guys na, nacocompare ko parin sya sa mga nadedate ko and mas naaalala ko pa lalo yun mga happy memories namin together.  Hagang sa 1 day, tumigil na sya sa paghabol/ pangungulit sakin... 5 years na kami when it happened kaya maraming nanghihinayang.  umabot din ako sa point of being regretful na hindi ko sya binigyan ng chance.

It was Easter Sunday of 2011, sobrang nadepress na talaga ako ng mga time na yon and I want him back. Dahil sa pride ko, hindi ko sya matawagan or text. pero I prayed and ask for a sign.. Hola! at Easter Sunday afternoon, he texted me just to say "Happy Easter Sunday!" I grabbed that sign (or should I say opportunity haha!) to patch things up between us. syempre ask ko lang if okay lang ba meet and talk about the things happend.. Yun nag usap kami, 2 of us admitted that we've realized a lot nun naghiwalay kami and agreed to refresh our relationship. Hindi naman naging madali na maayos agad.. Marami paring sumbatan and sisihan and hirap ibalik ang trust pero ang bottom line, we love each other eh.  5 years na kami when we realized na kami na talaga and kailangan pa naming maghiwalay and masaktan bago namin marealized yon..  In the end, we got engaged in year 2012 and got married 2013.

Sorry kung mahaba Sis, pero I hope our story can inspire and somehow help you (if necessary) :)

its ok.. i really want to read stories like that.. sana tuloy tuloy na yan..

kasi i was just thinking, if you've had doubts with someone you are with, does that mean na he isn't the one already? dunno.. thinking random things is my thing..  ;)

cecilydee

  • Guest
Re: Can you really say that he/she is the one?
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 01:35:05 pm »
i know that he is the one because everything fell into the right place at the right time when we met. I have settled my dependency. He settled his past. Both of us were in the perfect timing. :)

simang

  • Guest
Re: Can you really say that he/she is the one?
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 05:21:56 pm »
Here's something to try, nabasa ko lang

Think of 5 negative things about your partner. If you can't think of 5, that means you're not paying close attention. If you can, ask yourself if you can put up with these 5 negative things about him for the rest of your life. If yes, the he's probably the one.

But if you believe that these 5 negative things about him will change someday, then it's not worth it -- he's not what you're looking for.

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Can you really say that he/she is the one?
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2014, 05:27:49 pm »
But if you believe that these 5 negative things about him will change someday, then it's not worth it -- he's not what you're looking for.

Bakit kay sis? Kasi that means you dont know him well enough as well? Or the fact that he might change for the better someday means that di talaga siya gusto mo kasi you're hoping for qualities he doesn't have now?

simang

  • Guest
Re: Can you really say that he/she is the one?
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2014, 06:17:25 pm »
The latter sis. Yun kase usually ang mindset ng nga mag-aasawa --- na magbabago si guy once pamilyado na.

romantico

  • Guest
Re: Can you really say that he/she is the one?
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2014, 09:54:30 pm »
My experience was when I broke up with him dahil nahuli ko sya flirting w/ other woman, inayawan ko na talaga sya. Nagmakaawa pa sya sakin and sa mom ko, his mom even apologized to me on his behalf and asked if I can still give him another chance. But I chose to move on.. Kaso no matter how hard I tried, upto the point of dating other guys na, nacocompare ko parin sya sa mga nadedate ko and mas naaalala ko pa lalo yun mga happy memories namin together.  Hagang sa 1 day, tumigil na sya sa paghabol/ pangungulit sakin... 5 years na kami when it happened kaya maraming nanghihinayang.  umabot din ako sa point of being regretful na hindi ko sya binigyan ng chance.

It was Easter Sunday of 2011, sobrang nadepress na talaga ako ng mga time na yon and I want him back. Dahil sa pride ko, hindi ko sya matawagan or text. pero I prayed and ask for a sign.. Hola! at Easter Sunday afternoon, he texted me just to say "Happy Easter Sunday!" I grabbed that sign (or should I say opportunity haha!) to patch things up between us. syempre ask ko lang if okay lang ba meet and talk about the things happend.. Yun nag usap kami, 2 of us admitted that we've realized a lot nun naghiwalay kami and agreed to refresh our relationship. Hindi naman naging madali na maayos agad.. Marami paring sumbatan and sisihan and hirap ibalik ang trust pero ang bottom line, we love each other eh.  5 years na kami when we realized na kami na talaga and kailangan pa naming maghiwalay and masaktan bago namin marealized yon..  In the end, we got engaged in year 2012 and got married 2013.

Sorry kung mahaba Sis, pero I hope our story can inspire and somehow help you (if necessary) :)

Wow parang sa movie ah. I guess you guys are meant to be. Congrats!

romantico

  • Guest
Re: Can you really say that he/she is the one?
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2014, 10:01:05 pm »
Bakit kay sis? Kasi that means you dont know him well enough as well? Or the fact that he might change for the better someday means that di talaga siya gusto mo kasi you're hoping for qualities he doesn't have now?

I have personally seen from friends and relatives who thought, "inisip ko kasi baka magbago kapag mag asawa na kami" but have split up permanently after getting married. Lahat sila naghope na magbabago kapag ikasal na pero naging worse pa lalo yung nangyari. Kaya lang minsan mahirap rin talikuran nalang ang relationship kapag may nakitang red flag kaya I also understand why some people would hope for the better.

sazleang

  • Guest
Re: Can you really say that he/she is the one?
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2014, 09:59:35 am »
Wow parang sa movie ah. I guess you guys are meant to be. Congrats!

Thanks Romantico. Very thankful din ako na nagbago naman lahat since then.
Well lahat naman ng bagay ay risky and if mahal mo talaga, willing kang harapin ang risk.  :D

sis paper_doll , like in my experience, naging mind opener sakin yun break-up. I realized his worth nun nawala sya sakin. I'm not saying ganun sa lahat. basta when you're with the right person, aabot at aabot ka sa point na mafefeel mo yun. yun mga weird feeling na alam mong hindi naman ikaw yun kasi hindi ka naman ganon mag isip or mag act pero nabebend yun mga naset mong rules or criteria dahil sa kanya. Weird pero that's the real Love.  ;D

heykath

  • Guest
Re: Can you really say that he/she is the one?
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2014, 11:27:32 pm »
For me yes, kase yung nafeel ko with my fiance now I have never felt with anyone else in my past. And sis ang dami kong naging boyfriend, 6 sila :P

Yung previous ex ko before my fiance, iniisip na rin namin noon na magpakasal. Pero marami akong doubts, pag iniisip ko yung future ko with him, wala hindi ko makita :P Kahit ok naman kami, kahit hindi naman kami nag-aaway. Something doesn't feel right, hanggang sa ayun nahuli ko na siya na may other woman. Pero with my current, kahit hindi perfect, ofcourse hindi naman palaging happy pero thinking about our future together, nakikita ko na this is it. I can grow old with this man.

cosm!c_ch!c

  • Guest
Re: Can you really say that he/she is the one?
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2014, 04:14:47 pm »
nung mag-bf pa lang kmi ni hubby, di ko nakita na he's the one. our story was like a whirlwind romance. less than a month lang kami magkakilala then naging mag-bf na kmi. walang ligawan. kaya di ko talaga sineseryoso. but i got pregnant after a month. ayoko pa pakasal pero gusto ng parents ko. sabi nya gusto rin naman daw nya. ayun nagpakasal kmi. our first year was like, i dont know. kala ko walang patutunguhan pero habang tumatagal naiinlove din kmi sa isa't isa. we both decided to make our relationship as a family work. and now we are both happy with 2 kids. 8 years and counting :)

simang

  • Guest
Re: Can you really say that he/she is the one?
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 03:50:16 pm »
^awww. i believe choosing to make things work between you two is enough to say na you're the one for each other.

kami sis di inabot ng one month before naging kami, one week lang actually, wala ding ligawan kase we were very much into each other the moment we met. at first di ko din inisip na tatagal kame, at that time i was dating around other people, and enjoying my single life. masaya lang kami naglalandian, hanggang sa naging seryoso. 1 year and 2 months after we met, he proposed to me, we're getting married next year.

if there's one thing na natutunan ko with my current relationship, it's that real love should be easy. if you're forcing things to fall into place, then siguro you have to think twice. sure you have a lot of things to consider, especially pag may pamilya na kayo, but the relationship shouldn't make you miserable.


j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Can you really say that he/she is the one?
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 05:18:52 pm »
Actually, it's both.

We worked on it throughout our relationship by adjusting to each other's differences and learning to compromise. Dito din yung acceptance ng good and bad traits.

We also had that moment when we just knew :) gut feel na siya na talaga and you see yourselves with each other for the rest of your lives.

We're getting married in a few weeks :)

det060403

  • Guest
Re: Can you really say that he/she is the one?
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2014, 02:44:43 am »
Congrats on your engagements girls! @j.adore @simang

Re the topic, oo. :)

honestly, i never really expected that i'd end up marrying my husband.
before we started dating, alam namin parehas that we're totally incompatible with each other plus he was never really my type, and i assume he felt the same way towards me haha... ;D napagusapan pa namin dati why we didnt want to date each other. My reason, he was way older than me. i didnt find that attractive haha... He's reason (accdg to him) i was the type na pinakakasalan, pangmatagalan. -- ??? commitment issue? may pinagdadaanan haha well, atleast he saw my worth.
kahit maraming kaming incompatibilities, magkasundo kami and those differences are probably what drew us together. at one point we both decided to work on our differences and make it work and decided that we are the right one for each other. it was a choice, a decision and a commitment.


 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close