watch now

Author Topic: St Luke's Medical Center (QC & Global) - Review/feedback/stories/expenses  (Read 166087 times)

ainge88

  • Guest
^Yes, yan nga yun sis. hehe Me too (4 years ago). I was awake and was willing to move my legs so I can be transferred  to my room na plus wasn't comfortable sleeping since baby was with me na and I was paranoid baka ma kidnap hehe

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
^ yup, yung tabi-tabing bed..

Ako naman, nakapahinga konti sa recovery room, I asked the nurse na i-semi-sara ang curtains, just open enough na kita pa din ako ng nurse from her station, I just signalled when I needed sips of water or help with baby. Natutulog ako every after dede ni baby. Medyo matagal ako dun kasi malakas daw bleeding ko from down there right after cs kaya pina-obserbahan muna ako.

Buti nasa first bed ako kaya wala katabi sa one side. And that time parang 3 lang kami na nasa recovery room at a time kaya hindi crowded, magkalayo kami, hehe.. medyo nainip din ako while waiting to be brought to my room.. ako pinakauna dun, pero nakaalis na yung ibang mommies naiwan pa ako.. gave birth past 1am, nalipat ako sa room around 10am na yata..

ainge88

  • Guest
nung time ko naman, mag isa lang ako sa recovery room hehe so parang naka private ako. Hindi rin ako nag tagal dun kasi kahit wala pa akong nararamdaman sinasabi ko na na meron kasi gusto ko na makasama sila hubby and my family sa room ko.  ::)

sachism

  • Guest
^^same tayo na nasa 1st bed. Naka harang din curtain at tuliro ako. Dko alam kung ilan kami sa recovery room 😂 pero wala akong nakita na katabi.

nicoletta

  • Guest
aing88

Oo nga, uso na naman kidnapping, but i doubt i will be victimised in that way kasi I know my husband is just outside.  I wonder why we have to stay in the recovery room wala naman doctors na tumitingin kung hindi nurses lang naman din constantly checking temperature.

vain_kixie

  • Guest
When i was at the recovery room my baby's pedia was there with me the entire time until i was transferred to my private room. Well, she is my friend maybe that's why she made bantay. There was another girl patient pero she was at the other side of the room and dalawa lang kami plus the nurses and my doctor. I dunno how long I stayed there pero I remember my pedia was putting my baby on top of me and doing skin-to-skin and teaching him how to latch.

ainge88

  • Guest
I forgot to add rin pala, habang nasa recovery room ako, andun na mga bisita and hubby kept on bringing baby outside para ipakita. hindi rin ako masyado nakarecover dun hehe mas stressed pa kasi akala ko derecho na ako dun sa room ko so akala ko there was something wrong with baby or me lol

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
My OB dropped by din sa recovery room several times. She was there when I woke up. And she told me na, yun nga, I might be staying longer than usual sa RR because of my bleeding kasi she wanted to make sure that it has normalized before I transfer to my room. But other than that, wala naman daw problem so i can just rest in between latching/skin-to-skin with baby (which the nurses eagerly helped me with). She said she also dropped by my room to tell hubby the same thing para di daw magtaka why matagal ako. I think nagkataon din kasi na me in-labor na patient si Doc Jing that time kaya pakalat-kalat lang sya sa area, hehe.. hubby took that time na rin to rest sa room.

Was brought to my room around 10am. Sakto, we had few hours na kaming 3 lang ni hubby and baby so na-enjoy namin yun "family time". Nung after lunch time, nagstart na dumating ang mga bisita sa room. Hanggang gabi na me dumadating mga bisita, so yun wala ng pahinga, hehe... so somehow ok na din yung napatagal ako sa RR.

On another note, one thing I also liked sa St. Luke's experience ko is yung nag-iintroduce yung nurses especially during shift change. Kumbaga, me proper turn-over. Plus nilalagay din nila names nila sa white board. And walang sumisimangot kahit ilang beses kami nagpatulong especially sa pagpalit ng diapers na me poop (super lapot kasi ng meconium di ba, and minsan super dami as in, haha!). Natawa na lang sila and assured us na normal lang na ganun kadami at kalapot, haha!


nicoletta

  • Guest
vain_kixie

My pedia came that night yata but was not present during recovery.  The nurses or possibly doctors din were putting my baby on top of me.  Until now, anaesthesia still affects my memory.

JAG84

  • Guest
Hi, girls!

Comfy ba yung hospital dress ng St. Luke's or did you bring your own clothes to wear during recovery? May provided din bang slippers?

Thanks!

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
^ sa pagkakaalala ko, me slippers provided, yung parang sa hotel. Pero I used my own.

As to the hospital gown, I used theirs na. Mas madali na kasi isuot e, and maluwang so comfy sya for me.. everyday ako nagpapalit ng gown, ire-request lang naman sa nurses para dalhan ka ng bago. Nagpalit na lang ako ng own clothes ko ng 3rd day, nung nakaligo na ako, after mapalitan ang dressing ng cs wound ko, just before checking out of the hospital.

Scubadoobidoo

  • Guest
Just came from st lukes nag ocular kami ni wifey. Small private room with CR is 1,850. High risk pregnancy unit 4,850. Birthing room (before 40k+) now only 12k nalang. May ongoing promo sila. This is in QC

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
^ Parang always on-promo birthing room nila ah. Ganyan din rate when we inquired last year.. though naliitan/nasikipan ako sa birthing suite.. kaya we opted for HRPU during labor na lang, tapos regular private room.

jaimeko

  • Guest
my ob dra. syki young affiliated with mmc and st lukes global quoted 130k for ceasarian. i have 2 myoma kasi kaya the chances of CS is higher than NSD. ill ask her next month if bawas na ang philhealth

Scubadoobidoo

  • Guest
Ang liit ng HRPU. I think only 2 people are allowed inside. Whereas the birthing room ang laki. Meron pa sala and another bed. You can accomodate a whole family sa birthing room. We decided to get the birthing room para may privacy. Kasi sa delivery magkatabi kayo lahat according to the nurse and our OB.

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
^ HRPU is during labor lang naman. And usually 1 companion lang kasama during labor. Pero nung ako, since ako lang andun, they allowed our families sa HRPU when they visited. And while nanganganak ako, my family (mom, brother and niece) stayed sa HRPU room, dun nila hinintay si baby na ilabas ni husband from OR. :)

We also considered the birthing suite, pero di ako nasulitan sa php12k kasi naliitan ako. We considered instead their premium suites (in case maubusan ng private rooms during admitting) na nasa kabilang building. Yun spacious talaga, maaliwalas. Buti na lang din di kami nag-birthing suite kasi na-CS ako, e pag CS dadalhin talaga sa OR para dun manganak.

nicoletta

  • Guest
^ Aside from the room expenses, we have to consider that the professional fees of the doctors will also increase relative to the cost of the rooms we are getting.  That is the main reason why I just decided to get a modest room, to avoid additional costs that my husband's company will shoulder.  Family corporation kasi, so I did not want to be maarte.

I'm happy din with the service, even in QC branch kasi the nurses were all very helpful even when all I seem to be doing is calling them to help me with the poop.  Seems like yesterday lang I was there.

Scubadoobidoo

  • Guest
Pag CS lugi nga talaga. Wifey kasi normal so we just got the birthing room nalang for privacy. She wants her mom to be there din kasi during labor. 😄. All in all not bad na for less than 150k.

nicoletta

  • Guest
It was around 129k for me, that's CS na for a small room. 

Scubadoobidoo

  • Guest
Wifey gave birth last april 28. HRPU and emergency CS. Baby 6 hrs sa NICU, stayed 3 nights sa regular room. Total bill 130k. Very happy with the amount i spent.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close