watch now

Author Topic: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)  (Read 51614 times)

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #440 on: April 06, 2015, 07:09:49 am »
Hindi nakakabwisit yung pagka-OA si Titus sa Kimmy Schmidt no? Sobrang talented pati.  ;)

Recently watched: started with Bloodlines, the new Netflix show that isn't getting any buzz, and Fortitude from Sky Atlantic (UK), which stars Stanley Tucci. Both shows are slow-burning. Dapat hindi ako pagod pag nanood, aantukin na naman ako. ;D

~ anna ~

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #441 on: April 08, 2015, 08:11:34 am »
^ He's funny, he can act, sing, and he has great chemistry with the rest of the cast :)  I don't know if he's appeared in other shows or movies before, I hope he gets more exposure pa.

^ yup sis nakakatuwa nga! Natapos ko na yung season 1 kasi light lang siya at maigsi lang.

Nakakabitin, ang ikli lang ng first season, natapos ko siya in 3 days, sa ganung lagay hindi pa pursigidong marathon yun ah.  I'm looking forward to the next season :D


I've been waiting for the 15th episode of Marry Me, akala ko the show was just on a long break like the other shows na inaabangan ko.  When I checked today, it turns out cancelled na pala siya :(

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #442 on: April 08, 2015, 09:40:46 am »
^ Tituss Burgess (Titus on the show) is actually a big star...on Broadway. If I'm not mistaken, he did become a big Broadway star because of Lion King on stage (which they parodied on Kimmy, diba? Yung may kaso siya with Disney hehe). Kimmy is his first lead TV show, but he has appeared in 30 Rock before. 

hisana

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #443 on: April 08, 2015, 10:15:32 pm »
Re: The Returned - find the French version if you can (it aired sometime 2013). The USA version just does not quite get the vibe, kahit na shot for shot ang remake.

Oh yeah, I've heard about the French version before. Good reviews. Hindi ko lang pinanood kasi bukod sa I couldn't find a subtitled version at the time, ang pagkakadescribe pa minsan is it's a horror series, and anything horror is a huge no-no for me. Turns out hindi naman pala nakakatakot, or at least based on what I've watched in The Returned. Will try again to find a copy! It seems nowadays that the original version is always way better than the remake.

Also watching Better Call Saul. Sa totoo lang, slightly nas-stress ako sa show na ito; I do not like shows about lawyers, in general. Ally McBeal lang yata and Boston Legal ang natagalan ko, LOL. But my aversion to all things legal (lawyer-like?) aside, it seems really well written and interesting. My favorites are Mike and Chuck! Sobrang daldal ni Jimmy. Will continue watching habang on a break pa yung iba.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 10:17:33 pm by hisana »

~ anna ~

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #444 on: April 09, 2015, 08:58:04 am »
^^ Nice, he's a Broadway star pala :)   Ang funny ah, they incorporated the Lion King bit into the show :D

I wish pwede na natin mapanood yung next season ngayon, nakakainip mag-antay...

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #445 on: April 09, 2015, 09:30:02 am »
^ I know!!! Ang ikli nung first season niya, isang upuan lang sa weekend, tapos na. :D I think the second season of Kimmy is still set for early next year....but sana agahan ng Netflix na lang ang release.

Re: Better Call Saul, agree with how well-written it is. Napabilib na ako coz I thought the writers struck gold with Breaking Bad and dun lang. I thought they won't be able to top it. Turns out, Better Call Saul is even better written (for me). Ganda ng progression ng character ni Jimmy/Saul. Pinag-isipan talaga. Excited for Season 2...nag-break bad na rin kasi sya hehe.

Dropped Dig, The Returned-US and The Slap on my list. Nakakawalang gana panoorin.

Watched the pilot episode of American Odyssey (NBC) the other day. The reviews are bad, pero sa tingin ko okay naman yung pilot, baka succeeding episodes pa siya papangit. I watched it for Anna Friel in a totally different role. Carry naman niya.

Also watched the pilot of Your Family or Mine (TBS), comedy series. Pag comedy mas matiyaga ako manood nang manood, kahit corny. So, I'm sticking with this one for a longer time, kahit hindi masyado fantastic yung pilot.

sima

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #446 on: April 11, 2015, 11:35:01 am »
Tawang tawa ako sa apat na magkakaibigan sa Impractical Jokers

sima

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #447 on: April 11, 2015, 11:10:05 pm »
Watched the series premiere of Daredevil.  Not familiar with the comics so ganoon pala siya nabulag.

Ganda ng latest episode ng Criminal Minds. Read na kaya nila ito ginawa eh introduction na sa spin-off ng off-shore FBI team headed by Gary Sinise and Anna Gunn

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #448 on: April 12, 2015, 09:50:46 am »
^ Me too! Not familiar with Daredevil, didn't watch the movie with Ben Affleck...but the TV show from Netflix is really good. I'm impressed. I only started binge-watching late last night (the full first season was released early in the day), sabi ko 1 lang papanoorin ko kasi sisilipin ko lang. Inabot ako ng 3 episodes.  ;D I'd wager, this is the best of all superhero TV shows on air right now (yes, it's better written and executed than Arrow, The Flash, Gotham, Agents of Shield, etc...). Good job, Netflix!


kikayako

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #449 on: April 12, 2015, 02:23:47 pm »
Your Face Sounds Familiar
Oh My G - sayang kasi walang thread ang feel-good serye na ito dito sa GT.

beachpatrol

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #450 on: April 12, 2015, 06:55:46 pm »
My new favorite show: EMPIRE! Ang ganda! I love Cookie!!! The soundtrack is dope! ;D

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #451 on: April 12, 2015, 08:08:02 pm »
May nag-leaked ng first 4 episodes of GoT :)

I won't be watching it though, susundan ko pa rin sa US dahil ayoko mag-antay ng 1 month for episode 5 lol

cherrhys

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #452 on: April 12, 2015, 11:06:30 pm »
I've been watching Daredevil as well and I also liked it. 

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #453 on: April 13, 2015, 06:09:11 am »
Hindi ako makatiis, mababa talaga EQ ko pagdating sa TV shows, so I watched the leaked episodes of Game of Thrones...kaso, hindi ako robot, nakatulugan ko yung kalahati ng 3rd episode sa sobrang pagod. LOL! Maya na lang ulit. I had to watch para hindi na ako iiwas iwas sa spoiler for the next four weeks. Kainis naman yang nag-leak na yan, o!  ;D

But it is off to a great start!!! The dragons, Si Margaery and Cersei, si Sansa, and si Jon Snow --- I'm liking their storylines so far.  Jon Snow and Sansa ba ang naging central/vital characters sa book (did not read it)? Parang ganun kasi ang dating sa akin.

ieiky

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #454 on: April 13, 2015, 07:39:06 am »
Star Crossed. ang gwapo ni Roman. Episode 9 pa lang ako at nagugustuhan ko ang love story at palitan ng lines ni Drake and Taylor. mas kilig!

rastagurl11

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #455 on: April 13, 2015, 11:05:00 am »
Outlander- Scotish, Druids, Time Travelling.

iZombie- just started watching the 1st episode, so far, ok naman yung premise.

Empire- what's not to love abt Terrence Howard. tee hee!. There are a lot of interesting characters, not to mention special guests. I also want to see how it is in the hip hop business.

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #456 on: April 13, 2015, 11:30:56 pm »
I saw the premier episode ng GoT. Ngayon, self-control na wag panuorin ang episodes 2-4 haha

mrs_mcta

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #457 on: April 14, 2015, 01:04:47 am »
Just started watching iZombie ;D

~ anna ~

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #458 on: April 14, 2015, 04:35:29 am »
^ I know!!! Ang ikli nung first season niya, isang upuan lang sa weekend, tapos na. :D I think the second season of Kimmy is still set for early next year....but sana agahan ng Netflix na lang ang release.

Frustrating di ba?!  Parang you're just getting settled in on your TV marathon, then you blink and tapos na yung buong season.  :'(   I miss the days when a season usually meant at least 2 dozen episodes.  Ngayon ang daming shows na ang ikli lang ng season, I guess it's one of the ways networks cut costs.


Just watched the first episode of Silicon Valley season 2, ang kulit lalo na nung opening sequence and nung meetings  ;D   I think it's nice how they addressed Christopher Evan Welch's death on the show instead of just erasing all mention of his character.

iloveshimmer

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #459 on: April 15, 2015, 12:40:38 am »
TVD, TWD, Once, Stalker, Eat Bulaga's Pinoy Henyo. 😏

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close