watch now

Author Topic: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)  (Read 51235 times)

mooncake and leaves

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2014, 10:41:47 am »
^ i love maggie!!!!!!! sige mahanap nga yan.

i'm really loving the leftovers. it is a little slow but the way it is, it feels like it's deliberately slow. like they're leaving clues. i like that i feel compelled to watch every episode again. i feel like i missed so much from the first two episodes so baka that's exactly what i'll do this weekend.

anyway, this is from source feed nerd. daming spoilers though. so don't watch until you've actually seen the leftovers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOTk6n89Gqg


simplykristine08

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #121 on: July 10, 2014, 01:19:09 pm »
May nanonood ba ng Chigago Fire? Sabi ng friend ko maganda, pero di ko pa nasusubukan.

cherrhys

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #122 on: July 10, 2014, 03:59:21 pm »
^I used to watch it kasi nandun si Jesse Spencer (I liked him in House).  But I eventually got tired of all the usual plot/drama.  Parang Grey's Anatomy type.

simplykristine08

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #123 on: July 10, 2014, 04:07:03 pm »
^ ow, okay, thanks sis! i'll give it a try din.

summersong

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2014, 12:24:22 am »
Band of Brothers -- mini series from 2001. I don't usually like war shows, but this is really good.

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2014, 05:17:00 am »
@mooncake and leaves - I agree with Leftovers. Maganda i-experience yung show for some reason. Deep and slow. Welcome to Sweden na pala mamaya.  ;D

@summersong - Yay! :) I re-watch Band of Brothers every year since it was released. It's my favorite miniseries of all time. Perfect from start to finish.  ;)

@cherrhys  @simplykristine08 - I watched about 5-6 episodes of the first season. I like the idea of the show. Failed me with the acting and the delivery of the stories.

Recently watched:
- Extant. Premiere was yesterday. Halle Berry as astronaut, year long solo mission in outer space, comes back home, finds out she's pregnant. How did that happen? Gave me the AI vibe (that Steven Spielberg movie) and I liked it more than I thought I would. ;)
- Liking Tyrant with every episode (now on it's 3rd this week). Akala ko hindi ko matitiis ang show (not them, it's me...takot ako sa Arabo kasi ignorante ako, need to work on this). Tyrant continues to surprise me. So, I might be watching the rest of the season.
- Taxi Brooklyn, another surprise! Also on it's 3rd episode. Tamang action and comedy. Hindi na ako magugulat if it gets renewed, consistently good ang rating niya. 
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 05:20:19 am by Mindy »

cherrhys

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #126 on: July 11, 2014, 06:57:05 am »
^Yes, another problem I had with Chicago Fire.  I actually watch this lang if talagang wala ng ibang mapanood.  :P

You got me interested with Extant. Nacurious nga ako about Halle Berry being on t.v. but it does sound intriguing.

hisana

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #127 on: July 11, 2014, 03:26:59 pm »
So this is just some random comment about Salem.  Didn't know where to post it because Salem doesn't have its own thread, but just wanted to share...:D

I was listening to Mandy Moore on youtube, specifically her videos which featured shots from A Walk to Remember.  Si Shane West nga pala kasama sa movie na yun, and oh my, gwapo nga pala nya dati! Kasi sometimes when I watch Salem, I go, bakit hindi sila kumuha ng mas gwapo na leading man (sorry, pintasera lang talaga minsan). Yeah, okay, now I concede, Shane West is hot.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 03:29:07 pm by hisana »

juni

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #128 on: July 12, 2014, 01:23:34 pm »
I just watched a couple of episodes of Devious Maids, and for me it's not as intriguing as Revenge but okay naman siya.  I'll probably watch a few more episodes in the coming weeks to see what happens, hopefully it'll get more interesting.

mooncake and leaves

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #129 on: July 12, 2014, 02:01:45 pm »
Mindy: hindi ko naabutan si welcome to sweden! bukas na lang. :D i did manage to catch working with the engels, though, which is immediately after sweden. i was half-watching it lang but i thought that while the show held great promise, it wasn't that funny. something was off. the jokes were not original at medyo hindi maganda comic timing ng cast. i hope it gets better kasi may potential naman talaga siya to be funny.

meron pa bang banshee? last i heard, maganda reviews niya. :)

hisana

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2014, 07:03:57 pm »
^^
Devious Maids is for people longing for the good old days of Desperate Housewives, LOL. The fact that it was a Marc Cherry show was initially the only reason I started watching it, but now I can say nagustuhan ko na rin talaga, especially since almost all of the other good comedy shows are on hold right now. My guilty pleasure! With a nice cast, IMO.

Watched Welcome to Sweden already. Mukhang okay naman. The jokes were funny. The characters were endearing. They were able to capture the whole awkwardness of moving to another continent and meeting your foreign gf's family for the first time. Medyo bitin lang for me -- I am of the opinion kasi na dapat mas mahaba and complicated than usual dapat kapag pilot episode pa lang, haha. Looking forward to the next episode. (And medyo biased lang din siguro ako kasi I've always wanted to visit Sweden someday, so if only for that reason and no other, I will definitely keep watching this.)

sima

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2014, 04:09:08 am »
Watched Extant too! Mukhang promising siya. I had to do a double take seeing Halle Berry in the small screen. Mukhang nakakatakot yung Humanichs na anak nina Halle Berry ah. Lumalaking sutil.  Pansin ko lang puro mga scifi, pirates at fantasy ang mga lumalabas nagyon na tv shows.

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2014, 07:50:40 am »
Californication :P

simplykristine08

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #133 on: July 13, 2014, 02:10:23 pm »
Nag marathon ako ng Chicago Fire, finished season 1 and 2 episodes of season 2 in two days. I like it! Bihira kasi ako makapanood ng movies, series about fire fighters. and, di lang pala sila in charge sa sunog lang. Ganun kasi thinking ko. Love ko si Casey, pero di ko bet ang mga love team nya dito. Sya pala yung isa sa doctor sa House, kaya familiar. Ang ganda ni Shaw (POI) dito!

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2014, 04:17:33 pm »
simplykristine08 -  Find Fairly Legal, if you haven't seen it. That's Shaw's TV show. Super super gorgeous sya talaga dyan.

sima - more scifi and fantasy shows coming up in 2015, not just on network TV or cable, kasi yung mga streaming service (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Yahoo) lumalaki na program list. I read the slate for 2015. Very exciting shows, parang lahat Game of Thrones level! Iba na talaga yung panonood ng TV ngayon. Saya!  ;D

hisana - short series lang rin Welcome to Sweden. 10 episodes half hour each. Super bitin.

mooncake - There's still Banshee.  I have not seen a single episode of it but I also read it's good. Balitaan mo kami if you watch kung okay nga.  ;)

« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 04:20:12 pm by Mindy »

simplykristine08

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #135 on: July 13, 2014, 05:27:25 pm »
^ thanks, sis Mindy! Maganda ba yang series nya na yan? Grabe, sanay kasi ako sakanya na siga siga sa POI kaya kakaiba talaga sya dito sa Chicago Fire. Ang ganda nya!

Naintriga ako sa Band of Brothers.

mooncake and leaves

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #136 on: July 14, 2014, 01:19:25 am »
^^ Mindy, sige if it's on Amazon baka mapanood ko. kung hindi, baka hindi na.

lapit na ng emmys! breaking bad and bryan cranston pa din bet ko though i think matchu has a good chance of winning. moment niya kasi. :D

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #137 on: July 14, 2014, 04:54:34 am »
simplykristine08 - parang Castle yung feel, light drama in a sense. ;) Lawyer siya dito.

Series premiere ng The Strain mamaya. Hindi ko alam if panonoorin ko. Kasi may mga ganito eh (WARNING, Yuck yung pic!) - The Strain. Pero magaling ang director/producer eh. Tatakip takip na naman ako ng mata nito habang nanonood.  :P

ieiky

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #138 on: July 14, 2014, 08:49:27 am »
24. Maka-Jack Bauer ako eversince. Last episode na mamya ng season 9. haaay.. separation anxiety na naman ako neto.

cherrhys

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2014, 04:03:50 pm »
^Same here! Parang sobrang ikli naman kasi ng 12 episodes lang.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close