watch now

Author Topic: Mutual Funds - Thread # 4!  (Read 92560 times)

kukii

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 4!
« Reply #160 on: September 16, 2014, 11:25:26 am »
Will invest in FAMI SALEF tomorrow. Sana tama lahat yung papers because I'll be sending it via LBC sakanila. Excited much :) Goodluck sakin!

khaleesiCersei

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 4!
« Reply #161 on: September 16, 2014, 06:38:03 pm »
one more question mga sissies.. if kunwari nag invest ako ng 50k sa MF.. from what i understood, may times na pede sya mag negative or maubos yun principal right? so what happens next? mawawala na yun pera ininvest ko? should i add more money or just let it be.. or game over na? start a new account? hehe.. sensya na po ulit sa madaming tanong :)  TIA

ikaela

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 4!
« Reply #162 on: September 16, 2014, 09:58:20 pm »
^when you invest in a mutual fund, what you buy are shares of that fund. So let's say you have 100 shares. A share that you bought at one peso each today might be worth two pesos tomorrow. Or it can go down and be worth 50 cents. In any case, you'll always have those 100 shares, and it's up to you when to sell/redeem them and at what price. Syempre you want to sell higher than at the price you bought them. You'll only lose the money you invested for real if you sell lower. Otherwise, it's just paper loss.

pretty_B

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 4!
« Reply #163 on: September 17, 2014, 10:19:06 am »
sis khaleesiCersei, tama si sis ikaela. it's just a paper loss as long as you do not sell on lower price. :)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 10:36:05 am by pretty_B »

momentum

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 4!
« Reply #164 on: September 17, 2014, 02:54:38 pm »
ok to..still back reading..thanks sa mga info sis, kahit papano mejo naliliwanagan na ako about MFs  :D

momentum

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 4!
« Reply #165 on: September 18, 2014, 12:18:26 pm »
I'll be taking all of my money out of mutual funds soon. I've hit my target prices and this type of investment isn't for me anymore. Slow, too many fees, and you can get the same for less in ETFs, UITFs, and index funds. I just might leave a little for long-term with Philequity though, for sentimentality's sake -- it was my first ever investment and what paid off part of my wedding and childbirth. 'Di ko sila maiwan. :)

Sis may I ask, anong UITF kinuha mo?also if you got and ETF, and index fund?

Iniisip ko I will invest either 1 or 2 of the following:
Philequity - magkano ba yung minimum initial investment dito?
FAMI - kasi mababa lang starting amount..first time ko sa maybe I will put 10k
UITF - magkano ba yung minimum initial investment dito?

Mejo nalilito parin ako..gusto ko na talaga magstart nito

ikaela

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 4!
« Reply #166 on: September 18, 2014, 12:44:33 pm »
^Hi sis, I have a UITF in BDO, but I will be closing it soon because the money is needed. I don't have an ETF -- nahihirapan ako i-trade and pampagulo sa portfolio, hehe. I might transfer to one of BPI's index funds if the money in BDO right now is freed up once again. Or I just might trade it myself if I see a good opportunity. I don't know yet. Pati ako nalilito.

As for your choices:

Philequity - 5k is the minimum initial investment and 1k is the minimum additional in their Philequity Fund, their best-performing fund. But fees are high: check out http://www.philequity.net/pefi.php?mode=Features.

FAMI - FAMI was great in the last 5 years or so. Then their star fund manager transferred to another company and their funds became mediocre performers. Their fixed income and bond funds though are still stellar. My own experience with them wasn't very good -- matrabaho masyado mag-redeem sa kanila, hindi updated ang records ko, and yun nga, pumangit pa performance ng funds nila.

UITF - Depends on the UITF you want to invest in, but generally, 5-10k is the initial investment and 1-5k is the additional, same as MFs

momentum

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 4!
« Reply #167 on: September 18, 2014, 01:21:17 pm »
^ thanks sis.

Ok mukang i-out ko na sa picture si FAMI. Thinking twice now with Philequity

I'm looking into BPI (UITF or Bond fund) and BDO (UITF)

nalilito parin ako. dami ko pang need pag-aralan huhu  :'( info overload na ako today haha
I really don't know where to start  :-[

kukii

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 4!
« Reply #168 on: September 18, 2014, 02:41:20 pm »
^Hi sis, I have a UITF in BDO, but I will be closing it soon because the money is needed. I don't have an ETF -- nahihirapan ako i-trade and pampagulo sa portfolio, hehe. I might transfer to one of BPI's index funds if the money in BDO right now is freed up once again. Or I just might trade it myself if I see a good opportunity. I don't know yet. Pati ako nalilito.

As for your choices:

Philequity - 5k is the minimum initial investment and 1k is the minimum additional in their Philequity Fund, their best-performing fund. But fees are high: check out http://www.philequity.net/pefi.php?mode=Features.

FAMI - FAMI was great in the last 5 years or so. Then their star fund manager transferred to another company and their funds became mediocre performers. Their fixed income and bond funds though are still stellar. My own experience with them wasn't very good -- matrabaho masyado mag-redeem sa kanila, hindi updated ang records ko, and yun nga, pumangit pa performance ng funds nila.

UITF - Depends on the UITF you want to invest in, but generally, 5-10k is the initial investment and 1-5k is the additional, same as MFs

All set na ko maginvest sa FAMI but then I've read this post. I'm really confused right now itutuloy ko pa ba? :-\ thanks for the heads up though :)

momentum

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 4!
« Reply #169 on: September 18, 2014, 02:56:15 pm »
^ same sentiments sis hehe biglang tanggal sa list ko si FAMI  :P

kukii

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 4!
« Reply #170 on: September 18, 2014, 03:00:16 pm »
^Ako sis dapat kahapon na ko magbabayad and magpapasa ng docs but then nagisip muna ko ulit and made sure na tama na lahat ng info sa forms then finally decided na ko. Tapos eto nabasa ko yung post ni sis @ikaela ;D

ikaela

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 4!
« Reply #171 on: September 18, 2014, 03:45:42 pm »
Sorry at panggulo ako sa decisions. Pero hindi talaga ako happy sa FAMI. It was okay before because their fund's great performance helped me overlook their shortcomings. But when the FAMI SALEF fund started being a laggard, they had no redeeming factor for me anymore.

When I decided to give up my shares, I had to print out their redemption form then had to go to some fax center to send them that along with an ID. Who still uses fax? Anyway, when I got there, their fax number wasn't working. Sayang sa oras. Then they told me to courier the forms to them instead. Another 100+ bawas along with time and effort on my part.

When I also sold some FAMI SALEF shares for funds for my childbirth, they couldn't release the check right away because they didn't update my records when I got married. E sabay-sabay ko inasikaso yan -- my bank/investment accounts, IDs, and etc. So nangyari, prinoblema ko pa yung money ko from them on top of preparing for giving birth.

Back when I first invested with them, I never got complete cofirmation receipts, which is one of the top complaints about them. Buti na lang they stopped requiring those receipts.

Meanwhile, no hassles at all in Philequity. I was able to do all of my transactions through email and even got the funds earlier than expected.

But as I mentioned, they still have stellar bond and fixed income funds. Don't know though if they can keep it up without their star fund manager.

kukii

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 4!
« Reply #172 on: September 18, 2014, 03:56:45 pm »
^Hindi naman sa panggulo sis very helpful nga yung info mo. I thought kasi na kahit hassle ang customer service ng FAMI bawi naman daw sa mae-earn so pwede ng pagtiisan pero now na wala na yung Star Fund Manager nila, I don't know if its still worth it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 04:59:28 pm by kukii »

ayrise

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 4!
« Reply #173 on: September 21, 2014, 10:25:21 pm »
i've backread and there is no mention about dividends?  - i read in my research na if i invest in MF i can get dividends? or none at all?

planning to open up under Philequity soon. Pwede bang magwalk in sa office nila to submit the documents? TIA!  :)

mxherr5

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 4!
« Reply #174 on: September 22, 2014, 01:43:56 am »
PAMI, Sunlife and ATR have declared dividends at least once in the past.
I wouldn't be too excited about dividends if I were you.

You get more shares but the NAVPS/price will get adjusted down so
the end result is that your total investment's value would still be the
same.

ayrise

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 4!
« Reply #175 on: September 23, 2014, 11:17:45 pm »
Sis mxherr5  ..  that explains why there's no mention of dividends ;-)
Thanks for the reply!

spoiledbratinella

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 4!
« Reply #176 on: October 01, 2014, 06:41:18 am »
Spent 3 consecutive nights backreading this post since thread 1..And I was convinced to open Philequity and FAMI mutual funds but ive read the post about FAMI sa taas.....

1. Is it still okay to continue investing in FAMI right now?(Sana mkasagot mga experienced FAMI investors dito..)

2.What are the other MF companies na pwedeng ipalit kay FAMI? (I opt to choose equity funds by the way. Eyeing for ALFM or kahit anong MF which has better performance.)

3.Is Philequity fund much better for long-term or short-term investment?

Im 27,single,an OFW. I wanted to open 2 accts for short-term(DP for my own house soon) and long-term(for retirement).

Sana po may makaenlighten sa akin.....
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 06:43:04 am by spoiledbratinella »

ikaela

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 4!
« Reply #177 on: October 01, 2014, 09:17:52 am »
^I'm going to answer since I'm the one smearing FAMI's name. Hehe.

1. If you will be choosing among equity funds, FAMI's SALEF fund is among the worst performers and therefore not among the best picks right now. It's okay to invest any time, especially if you're in it for the long term, like 5 years or more. And, hey, you never know, the FAMI SALEF fund might be among the top performers again by that time.

2. Check out equity UITFs, like Security Bank's, BDO's, and BPI's. The minimum investment is the same as MFs, but they have lesser fees and penalties.

3. Long-term.

kukii

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 4!
« Reply #178 on: October 01, 2014, 11:01:16 am »
Iba na pala process ng FAMI, I called them kasi ayaw tanggapin ng Metrobank yung initial investment, tapos ang sabi luma na daw yung procedure sa website nila. Now you have to submit all the requirements (except initial deposit slip) to them and once they have received your forms and already confirmed your application, magee-mail sila sayo and then that will be the time na pwede ka na maginvest.

Til' now wala pa din email sakin it's almost a week na :-\

spoiledbratinella

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 4!
« Reply #179 on: October 01, 2014, 09:49:10 pm »
Thank you sa info sis @ikaela.. By the way, ano UITF mo? Ano ba maganda iopen na UITF na acct sa ngayun? ;)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close