This incident didn't happen to me but to my SIL. She and her future hubby were supposed to get married this May in a Catholic ceremony to one of the highest paid Church in the country.
Their engagement happened last year mga November of 2013 after my own engagement with her brother (April 2013). Nung na engage kami ng brother niya and we decided to do the wedding in Philippines by 2014, she immediately disliked the idea and announced that she will be engaged as well this year (2013),, and next year din daw ang kasal nila. Since naniniwala sila sa sukob, sa 2015 nalang daw kami. paunahin daw sila!

Sinabi niya eto sa asawa ko kahit wala pa siyang engagement ring at wala pang proposal from the guy.

ang sabi niya napagplanuhan na daw nilang mag bf (of 5 years), pero secret lang daw nila yun. I admit na hurt talaga ako nun kasi feeling ko sinabotahe niya ang wedding plans namin kahit kami ang naunang na engage. iniyakan ko ng sobra yun.

Though lam ko naman nuon pa she doesn't like me at all for her brother.
Anyway, we decided na itutuloy namin eto because we cant wait for 2015! even if we have to do it abroad. so in short time, naikasal kami ng maayos with our families blessings. Nagpaalam asawa ko kung pede siya umuwi for the May wedding of her sister. I wont be able to come kasi buntis nako ngayon and I don't think she will miss my presence. Anyway, pumayag parin ako. Forgive and forget with love.. love love!

So eto na almost katapusan na ng March this year, my MIL called to inform me na hindi na daw matutuloy ang kasal ni SIL sa May. They discovered pala na yung guy is no longer a Catholic and he belongs to a sect called "Dating Daan". Buti nalang daw ang downpayment palang sa Church ang nagagawa. ako naman (in my mind) I asked, really?? I thought everything was already prepared na based as what she said nung pinaurong niya yung kasal namin dapat for this year. Am i hearing that there are no other preparation 2 months before the wedding?
Namanhikan na ang lalaki twice na daw pero ngayon yata parang nagbabago yung decision niya and wanted to keep his belief instead. Andun daw sa province ngayon para mag isip at ipapakausap daw sa pari.

My questions to my hubby, why 2 months before the scheduled wedding? Why haven't they thought of it before they even got themselves engaged?
My MIL thanked me when I didn't make any bad comment towards my SIL while she was explaining the situation. Kahit nangangati dila ko magsalita, I just kept quiet.
Ang iniisip ko lang ngayon kung meron ba dito who experienced the same wherein months before the wedding day eh nagback out ang groom and issue ay dahil sa religion?? I know some INC girlfriends who waited for their bf to change their religion before accepting the marriage proposal. Anyone here member of Dating Daan, are they really strict in marrying a non believer?
My MIL said they will postponed the wedding until the guy wants to be converted back to Catholic. I don't know if waiting for the guy to change his mind is a good idea. After all, they are already in their 5 year relationship and should have thought about this already.
If my SIL is okay with me, I would advise her to move on and not wait anymore for this guy to be converted. She was obviously led on to believe na pwede nga niya mabago ang paniniwala ng lalaki. Alam na pala niya dati pa pero sinekreto lang niya sa pamilya about his current beau religious status.
Anyway its her life. I dont think she will appreciate any advice coming from me. So I kept quiet though I was thinking kung siya lang ba naka experience or may iba pa na may naging ganitong kapalaran.