watch now

Author Topic: Babies/Kids with curly hair?  (Read 3902 times)

bluegintonic

  • Guest
Babies/Kids with curly hair?
« on: March 20, 2014, 05:02:58 pm »
Hi mommies (and daddies),

Does your child have curly hair? Mine does! So curly it forms ringlets at the ends.Recently I've noticed she has split ends na pala kasi nada-dry yung ends ng hair niya.I've since learned not to shampoo everyday, on the days that I don't shampoo her hair,conditioner lang.And never to use a fine brush! nagiging poufy kasi hair niya pag ganun.Kaya lang ang bilis talaga mag-tangles.So far, I've tried the following products on her hair:

1-Mustela Shampoo since birth.Now that she's 3 and a full head of hair,very drying pala kahit pa formulated for babies.

2-JnJ Tangle free conditioner-so-so, it says it can be a leave on but I've noticed ambilis maubos kasi you have to put a LOT of it.

3-Nature's Baby Organic (Amazon)-my mainstay in conditioning, mukhang okay naman kaso same as JnJ you have to put a lot of it.at 24 $ for a pack of 2 16 oz bottles mabilis pa rin maubos.I've used only the Vanilla Tangerine and it smells like candy on her head even the day after.

4-Noodle & Boo conditioning hair polish( Amazon) ,used as detangling spray.The scent of this is almost scent-free/powdery and it matches Nature's baby conditioner.For a pack of 2 (34$) I can say medyo matagal maubos kasi hindi naman daily ang gamit.I use it only when she has bed head (morning mess)when we're planning to/heading out.

5-Mixed chicks conditioner-for the price point alone,it's not WOW.12 $ for 8 oz it's really expensive.Result comparable to any conditioner.

I'm tempted to have a deep conditioning via hot oil sa salon, just so her hair isn't so frizzy but at 3, I think it's a bit too early.What do you think?

Share din your grooming rituals/products with your curly kids.I know not a lot of kids are curly as Pinoys we tend to have straight hair.It's really a learning curve for this mommy!

ps. she got her curly hair from her dad, she's half Arab :)

ms_ldr

  • Guest
Re: Babies/Kids with curly hair?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 02:46:20 pm »
hello! daughter ko rin curly hair. 11 yrs old na sya now.
nung bata pa johnsons head to toe lang shampoo nya.
hinde pa naman kasi makapal ang hair nya kaya manageable pa.
pero now grabe makaubos ng conditioner.
she can just use any conditioner, pero nagustuhan ko yung tresemme.
ang light nya sa hair.
while wet ang hair nya at may conditioner suklayin mo na ng wide toothed comb.
tapos focus mo yung conditioner sa dulo lang ng hair at wag ka mashado mag lagay sa anit kasi nga bata pa.
after taking a bath wag mo mashado kuskusin ng towel nasisira yung curls. let it dry lang. then saka mo sya ipitan if you like.

I don't put any leave on sa hair ng daughter ko it looks greasy kasi at saka naiinitan sya. pero if you like to do so, sa dulo mo rin lang lagyan.

extra effort talaga sis pag ganyan hair, gastos rin.
imagine up to age 8 sya kami nagpapaligo sa kanya to make sure na maganda ang hair nya.

pwede siguro sa mga pang kids salon mo dalhin to detangled at ma condition nila ng maayos.

now ko pa lang dadalhin itong dalagita ko sa salon for deep conditioning rin.

pero ang dami nyang nakukuhang complements because of her hair, parang pancit canton raw. kung totoo ba raw yung hair nya. kung pinakulot ba raw yun.

behumble

  • Guest
Re: Babies/Kids with curly hair?
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 07:44:58 pm »
7 months na baby ko at curly hair din sya.Yung curly hair talaga niya unang napansin nung pinanganak siya.Nakakatuwa ang mga kulot na babies,pero minsan nagiging problema ko kasi bilis pagpawisan ng ulo niya,pero di naman nangangamoy..ang ginagamit ko sa kanya ngayon eh yung JnJ na shampoo.pero minsan lang..mas madalas yung JnJ milk bath,yun na din ginagamit ko sa hair niya..Mas ok pa nga yung amoy ng milk bath-tumatagal talaga yung amoy kesa dun sa shampoo..ask ko lang panu nio innayusan yung curly hair ng baby niyo mga sisses?Hirap kasi ako sa baby ko kasi tintanggal niya agad yung mga poni niya,kaya d tumatagal.

bluegintonic

  • Guest
Re: Babies/Kids with curly hair?
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 09:15:53 pm »
@^^ms_ldr hindi nga wash and wear and curly kids eh ano? ;D I've seen kasi a friend in FB post a photo of her 3 year old na hinot-oil,na-paisip lang tuloy ako kung tama nga ba at that early age na ipagawa na ganun but feel ko it's not needed.Straight haired anak niya.Hindi pa naman kami umabot sa point na I had to cut off the ends kasi super tangled.Ginagawa ko din yan super dami ng conditioner sa ends.One other technique I use on her pag tub bath is to use a shower cap on her (she uses mine, hahaha) while the conditioner is already in place.That way the bubble bath won't get to her hair and dry it even more plus nabababad din yung conditioner.I will bring her to  a kid's salon when we do get to manila,I found really nice one sa SM Aura basement.

@^be humblePag nasa house lang kami I let her hair down,or pony tail lang. Pag lalabas I usually put her hair in two side ponytails lalo pag dressy attire.My kid's hair is fine pa naman at 3 so madali matuyo JIC.I usually wash her hair at night para in the morning detangling spray na lang kami.Matrabaho kasi pag nagmamadali sa umaga and saka mo i-wa-wash ng hair.

honey_iya

  • Guest
Re: Babies/Kids with curly hair?
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 10:56:28 am »
Yung bunso ko curly hair din. di ko alam bakit kulot siya eh si eldest naman straight hair. nung baby siya straight naman nung after ilang month na saka kumulot. yung dulo lang ang kulot, pero cute nga eh yun nga lang dry talaga. di ko pa masyado ini-intindi kasi baby pa, she's 20 months btw :)

pumngold

  • Guest
Re: Babies/Kids with curly hair?
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 04:22:02 pm »
my baby has also curly hair. i use J&J for curly hair yung color blue. maganda siya sa hair ng baby ko. nagtame hair niya. unlike sa aveeno ang dry ng hair niya.

smm_0411

  • Guest
Re: Babies/Kids with curly hair?
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 12:05:14 am »
^same here sis, my baby use J&J na color blue and then after taking a bath nilalagyan ko ng no rinse conditioner at malaking tulong kasi madali suklayin.

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: Babies/Kids with curly hair?
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 02:11:48 am »
My babies are all born with curly hair, ringlets up to 1-2 yo. After, the waves relax nicely (for the boys).  IMO, if the hair is fine -- the ringlets relax to manageable curls as they grow older. 

My girl had the tightest ringlets, but buti hindi nag mana sa hubby's side where the hair is coarse as a horse's tail & the waves are big - as in regular roller big.  His nieces are burdened with ugly hair.  Surely rebond straight to death mga yan.

My girl lost her ringlets at 2 - IMO, kasi her hair grew out below shoulder length na. Tawag ng old yaya namin:  sponghado hair.  It will always have gentle waves/curls.  The waves are less noticeable as the hair grows longer.
Tangles easily though.
I recently brought,  in the US, a palm-sized brush that de-tangles best daw. Daw ha.  It looks very like the brush I used before on my Pekingese/poodle/Shih Tzu. 
Prone to split ends coz her hair is fine, madami hair but very fine. So, we have it trimmed every other month.

Johnsons Baby Shampoo.  Very reliable for babies & children.
I tried other brands before, sa kaartehan ko, but we always go back to Johnsons.   
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 02:13:56 am by aquacharly »

Aira_13

  • Guest
Re: Babies/Kids with curly hair?
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 09:10:45 pm »
My boys have curly hair, mana samin mag asawa.. yung eldest ko hanggang waist ang hair nya, hindi naming pinagupitan since birth but when he went to school nya mga 3.6 y/o, ginupitan na sya.. ang daming nanghinayang... sabi nila parang rockstar, astig ang hair... mukha din kasi syang girl... yung girl ko, straight ang haior nya,, eto naming bunso ko, super curly din.. at may chance din na pahabain naming sya.. ;)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close