watch now

Author Topic: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation (Thread 18)  (Read 94316 times)

calimaki

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation (Thread 18)
« Reply #320 on: October 17, 2014, 10:53:53 am »
Estee Lauder has been my favorite foundation since I first learned to put on makeup in college, and it remains my HG brand to this day. Winner ang ELDW. I used it at the recent QC zumba marathon -- put it on at 11AM and wore it till 6PM. Naulanan, nagsayaw, pinawisan, naulanan ulit, but it didn't budge. Even my EL eyeshadow palette stood up to the rain, another winner!

The trick to avoiding the "semento" effect is to use very little foundation on a moist sponge (a drop at a time), then spread evenly immediately. I have a Beauty Blender but don't like it; I prefer to use the white wedge sponges.

tiggerlily

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation (Thread 18)
« Reply #321 on: December 25, 2014, 07:30:31 pm »
Currently using maybelline dream liquid mousse in classic ivory. Ok naman sya sa akin. Tumatagal naman sya basta palagi ko lang sineset ng powder. I use a stippling brush to distribute it evenly on my face.

Kaya lang one time napansin ko mas maputi yung leeg ko sa face ko-this is without any foundation. Pero yung shade na gamit ko sa foundation, sya na ang lightest shade ni maybelline. Dapat ba lagyan ko din sa leeg? Ang alam ko kasi very minimal lang ang dapat na ilagay sa neck or after sometime e babagsak ang skin sa neck.

Paano ba pumili ng shade ng foundation? Sa neck ba or sa jawline? I used to test it before sa jawline.

Also, how long can you use liquid foundations before it expires?

Super Nix

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation (Thread 18)
« Reply #322 on: December 25, 2014, 08:12:48 pm »
I am now a liquid foundation convert! I used to use bb creams since college. I hate liquid foundations kasi feeling ko hindi natural tignan and I have sensitive skin. After watching Amelia Liana from YouTube and Viviannadoesmakeup rave about the Loreal le Teint true match foundie, I went to a loreal counter sa SM Makati

Sobrang nacurious lang ako, kasi sawa na ko mag bb creams, I tried the foundie on my jaw line and perfect shade sya for me (G3) and bonus pa they're on sale, so I got it for 600 pesos lang :)

So far, I've been using the foundie for a week and it is perfect for my oily skin. 4 hours bago mag oil, I use loreal's primer din the base magique and RT makeup sponge, perfect sila together :)

Now, I'm looking into other liquid foundies pa :) Na addict na ata ako hehe

simang

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation (Thread 18)
« Reply #323 on: December 25, 2014, 10:14:42 pm »
Still in love with my ELDW! :) I like it better pag medyo nagmelt na sya sa skin ko after about an hour or two after application. I've been using it for 8 months already (not daily though) and it has never failed me. I always get compliments on my skin when i wear it, and my blush, bronzer last the whole day. Amazed talaga ko sa foundation na to. I apply it with my fingers lang when i want a sheerer coverage, tapos beauty blender naman if i want fuller coverage.

happynlove

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation (Thread 18)
« Reply #324 on: December 31, 2014, 05:29:52 am »
Currently using Clinique Even Better. This is a good choice if you don't prefer full coverage. Medium coverage and feels light on the skin. A little amount goes a long way. Tagal maubos. Recommended for those with sensitive skin like mine.
I would also like to try ELDW. Gusto ko na full coverage para no need for concealer. I hope I won't break out with this.
For those worried that their foundation might not give a natural look, I heard from a youtube video that we should only use foundie on those areas that we want to even out.
Pag hindi nagwork si ELDW I'll go back to clinique. May nakatry na ba dito ng full coverage na Clinique foundie?

blairbunny

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation (Thread 18)
« Reply #325 on: January 03, 2015, 09:59:00 am »
I'm currently using Guerlain lingerie de peau chosen for me by an SA at Saks, and I love it. Feeling ko perfect yung shade for me and glowing tingnan yung complexion after, maybe din kasi I use it with the Guerlain meteorites primer. Pero thicker sya than the one I'm used to, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. Yung VA gamit ko sa less formal na paglabas labas ng house, yung halos no make-up look. Pag meeting friends or going to dinner/events, and I intend na mag-ayos, I use Guerlain.

candygrenade

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation (Thread 18)
« Reply #326 on: January 06, 2015, 01:26:47 pm »
Survey lang, Revlon ColorStay or Estee Lauder Double Wear? :)

This is not so much about the price ha, but the coverage and longevity.

Ireneeeeee

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation (Thread 18)
« Reply #327 on: January 06, 2015, 03:57:11 pm »
Bought Bobbi Brown Long wear even compact foundation and im loving it! HIndi nga lang ganun katagal yun staying power pero panalo sa finish I used this when I did my own makeup on my wedding. :)

kaycee0307

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation (Thread 18)
« Reply #328 on: January 06, 2015, 04:23:04 pm »
Favorite ko ELDW Light, my cousin swears by the ELDW original version kasi mapimple sya, ako I have nothing much to cover naman since my skin is pretty okay except ocassional dullness or redness in some days and syempre pag paparty dapat super flawless LOL

Speaking of, paubos na ELDW Light ko makabili  na ulit :)

kobekitten

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation (Thread 18)
« Reply #329 on: January 06, 2015, 05:10:12 pm »
^ how much is the ELDW light? Is it comparable to the coverage of mac face & body?

simang

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation (Thread 18)
« Reply #330 on: January 06, 2015, 06:07:52 pm »
Survey lang, Revlon ColorStay or Estee Lauder Double Wear? :)

This is not so much about the price ha, but the coverage and longevity.

Super dry sa akin ang colorstay. Bias ako kase fave ko eldw. Hehe. Pero nung wedding ng ate ko colorstay ginamit ko sa kanya it stayed on the whole day naman medyo nagflake nga lang sa dry areas. Coverage wise for me mas thick ang colorstay.

ficklemind

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation (Thread 18)
« Reply #331 on: January 06, 2015, 11:44:05 pm »
MUFE HD now but looking for another one,   mag 1 year na kasi na eto lang liquid foundation ko gusto ko pa ng isa. I want to try ELDW, i hope ok siya sa face ko like MUFE.

ng Revlon Colorstay ako before, dry din sakin! and smell siya na ayoko.

candygrenade

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation (Thread 18)
« Reply #332 on: January 12, 2015, 09:09:49 am »
Super dry sa akin ang colorstay. Bias ako kase fave ko eldw. Hehe. Pero nung wedding ng ate ko colorstay ginamit ko sa kanya it stayed on the whole day naman medyo nagflake nga lang sa dry areas. Coverage wise for me mas thick ang colorstay.

Does this mean mas plakado yung dating ng Revlon ColorStay on you?

How true is it na ELDW does not photograph well? :-\

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation (Thread 18)
« Reply #333 on: January 12, 2015, 10:52:19 am »
Bought Bobbi Brown Long wear even compact foundation and im loving it! HIndi nga lang ganun katagal yun staying power pero panalo sa finish I used this when I did my own makeup on my wedding. :)

Buti this worked for you sis. Ako yung ganito ko less than 5x ko lang ginamit. I find it too thick eh. Kaso expired na yung akin. I think i can make it work now kasi my technique has greatly improved already. Though mas bet ko na ngayon bb creams or foundies na maraming good beauty benefits like ZA's true white liquid foundie.

ppperez

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation (Thread 18)
« Reply #334 on: January 12, 2015, 09:59:42 pm »
Surprisingly, I am currently loving my Benefit Hello Flawless. It has been in my stash for months, pero I used to hate the finish so di ko nagagamit. Ngayon, di ko alam, I love it na. Bye, BB creams muna. Haha. Sayang foundations eh, hindi nagagamit.

babypink0224

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation (Thread 18)
« Reply #335 on: January 13, 2015, 02:24:50 am »
I'm using MAC's liquid foundation.. sobrang matipid kasi sya for me, more than 6 months ko nagagamit yung isang bottle nya. sulit naman ang price nya..

though, na try ko din yung liquid foundation ng PAC, nabasa ko kasi yun sa blog ni divine lee, sad to say hindi ko sya masyadong gusto.

rae

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation (Thread 18)
« Reply #336 on: January 13, 2015, 03:35:43 am »
^ me too, even if I sheer out the PAC foundation super thinly, it looks caked up on my skin. But on my ex-housemate who has super smooth almost poreless skin, ang ganda nya. Kaso, what foundation doesn't look good on someone with really smooth skin?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 03:37:32 am by rae »

oktoberfest22

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation (Thread 18)
« Reply #337 on: January 13, 2015, 05:46:32 pm »
Currently loving Guerlain Tenue de Perfection foundation. Maganda ang finish and satying power nung oily ang skin ko, and even now that my skin is dry.

simang

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation (Thread 18)
« Reply #338 on: January 13, 2015, 09:48:53 pm »
Does this mean mas plakado yung dating ng Revlon ColorStay on you?

How true is it na ELDW does not photograph well? :-\

For me yes. Thick kasi talaga sya.

And ELDW does cast whiter on photos sometimes. This one inconsistent sya saken. Pag malapit yung flash may white cast sya. Pero pag hindi naman, it looks good. Gamit ko sya sa mga night events last month and so far wala naman akong mumu picture because of it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 09:50:41 pm by simang »

candygrenade

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation (Thread 18)
« Reply #339 on: January 14, 2015, 02:19:29 pm »
For me yes. Thick kasi talaga sya.

And ELDW does cast whiter on photos sometimes. This one inconsistent sya saken. Pag malapit yung flash may white cast sya. Pero pag hindi naman, it looks good. Gamit ko sya sa mga night events last month and so far wala naman akong mumu picture because of it.

I guess I should stick with Revlon then. Ganon kasi mga bet ko. Yung super matte and mukha nang mannequin, LOL ;D

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close