watch now

Author Topic: All about STROLLERS/ PRAMS  (Read 6114 times)

vain_kixie

  • Guest
All about STROLLERS/ PRAMS
« on: March 07, 2014, 08:28:17 am »
What's your baby's stroller?

I love how the stokke xplory and even the stokke scoot looks. If only it wasn't heavy at 26lbs. I'm eyeing on the bugaboo bee because it weighs only 18lbs but its not much of a head turner. Parang okay din yung quinny zapp xtra and its half the price of the bugaboo bee.

To those who own a bugaboo bee, okay ba talaga siya? Mas mabigat yung cameleon so I prefer the bee over that. Though mas maganda yung cameleon because of the carrycot.

I just want a gorgeous lightweight stroller, parent and forward facing, could be reclined flat and preferably  a one step fold.

michichar

  • Guest
Re: All about STROLLERS/ PRAMS
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 10:04:46 am »
Im checking strollers, playpens and carseats na. Im a first time mom so wala talaga akong idea as to what is really okay. Yesterday, I checked out some strollers. Aprica Karoon yung pinakita sa akin. I like it kasi super lightweight although medyo pricey since around 16k plus less 20% na for a stoller.  My husband says better yung mga chicco or graco since may kasamang carrier/carseat for that price pero up until 1 yr old lang magagamit ni baby.

Hope other moms can enlighten us regarding this para mas updated. Sis, sorry hinde ako nakatulong but I would really want to learn more about this. Thanks!

vain_kixie

  • Guest
Re: All about STROLLERS/ PRAMS
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 02:39:41 pm »
Ang ayaw ko lang sa aprica, i couldn't make it into a travel system kasi hindi naman pwede iattach yung infant car seat doon. Meron din naman na magaan sa graco at 17-18lbs for the stroller and 8lbs for the infant car seat. I forgot lang the model name.

Im eyeing on the maxi cosi mico as my son's infant car seat. I really need to train my child to deal with the car seat para pag nagvavacation kami dito sa states eh hindi siya magwala.

michichar

  • Guest
Re: All about STROLLERS/ PRAMS
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 10:11:37 pm »
same  with my husband gusto niya sana may attached carrier/carseat na. I'm thinking kasi to just get a separate carseat which can be used from newborn up until toddler years. May fisher price daw na carseat/carrier which retails around 5-6k. i'm weighing things right now. Iniisip ko rin if I will ship from US or just buy here in Manila. Nakakalito.

mrsjaborts

  • Guest
Re: All about STROLLERS/ PRAMS
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 10:46:03 pm »
hi GT moms, i guess i should've posted my query to this thread instead.

so here goes, i'm not yet a mom so i don't have any idea what to buy for my friend who's a first time mom-to-be. i want to help her out so i want to surprise her with a baby stroller. i want sana na durable but lightweight and hindi bulky kasi she and her boyfie commutes most of the time and i want sana na magagamit na ni baby kahit na newborn pa lang sana until toddler stage so they won't have a hard time na rin.

question is, i'm currently based in sg so i don't know if it's cheaper to buy in manila or here, which brands to consider when buying, saka how much yung price range ng strollers that i want there in pinas.
hope somebody can at least give me an idea, i really want to surprise my friend. tia!  :D

kho_leen

  • Guest
Re: All about STROLLERS/ PRAMS
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 09:38:12 am »
I'm a first time mom.

Initially, I was considering graco because of the travel system.  but they're too heavy and not compact.  It's going to be hard if we'll travel na di dala ang personal car.  Some won't fit the taxi trunk even without the car seat.

We've decided on Aprika karoon.  It is only 3.6kg and quite easy to fold.  It is also dual facing so ideal for newborn baby up to 3yo.  I find it really convenient.

It is kinda pricey but worth it.  It's currently 20% off plus the addtl 10% off for the smac sale this Friday.  :)

The lightest chicco stroller is at 4kg but it's for 6mos and up.  Will check what's the lightest graco stroller.

dia17

  • Guest
Re: All about STROLLERS/ PRAMS
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 08:40:03 pm »
Hi mga sis!!!! Ask ko lang baka may alam kayo na local store or online store na nagbebenta ng quinny moodd strollers. TIA!  :D

vain_kixie

  • Guest
Re: All about STROLLERS/ PRAMS
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 02:07:41 am »
May nakita akong quinny  moodd sa baby company before. I think it was selling for 40k. I love how it looks like ang bigat nga lang niya talaga.

kho_leen

  • Guest
Re: All about STROLLERS/ PRAMS
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 11:29:48 am »
^hm bale kuha mo sa karoon sis?

The original Aprika Karoon Stroller is at php17,999.75.

Currently there's a 20% discount of Php3,599.95 then I availed an additional 10% SMAC discount of Php1,439.98.

I bought it for only php12,959.82 at sm baby company.  Ang laki ng savings.  :)

stacies83221

  • Guest
Re: All about STROLLERS/ PRAMS
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 06:05:45 pm »
Hi mommies.

We got the Stokke Xplory with baby car seat and base for our little baby girl. We were deciding among these 3: stokke, emmaljunga city cross and the bugaboo cameleon but Stokke won us over. It it the most stylish and modern looking among the 3 and the selling point for us is that the stroller seat can be raised, and much easier for us to get the baby from the stroller with out putting so much strain on the back. But if you are more of an outdoorsy type of mom, the bugaboo is a better choice as it tolerates a lot more off-roading in mud/snow/ sand, etc.

oreo08

  • Guest
Re: All about STROLLERS/ PRAMS
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 02:55:15 pm »
I also considered Emmaljunga but it was MASSIVE! Stokke naweirduhan si hubby sa itsura pero sakin naman ok lang. We ended up with Bugaboo. Love love love it!

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: All about STROLLERS/ PRAMS
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2014, 09:53:40 pm »
With my daughter I did a lot of research on the different types of strollers. Priority for my was easy fold, lightweight, a stroller we can travel with and one that I can use from infant to toddler.

I ended up getting the Peg Perego Si. You can fold it with one hand, lift with one hand and it can stand on it's own upright. I love also how when you fold it, the wheels don't come in contact with the canopy.

As we use the stroller mostly for mall usage, I removed the canopy so it's a little lighter. I've tried the stroller a few times outdoors and the canopy is huge! It blocks out the sun completely from my daughter.

We have also traveled with it and again, very easy and convenient due to the one hand fold and self-standing.

We are planning to have another baby and I told hubby that I want a different stroller. What I really wish the Si had was the ability to parent face. My daughter would freak out if she did not see us so it was only when she was about 14-16 months old when she would sit contently in her stroller.

So for my next stroller, I'm considering the UppaBaby Cruz, in yellow/grey color.

pinkpotato

  • Guest
Re: All about STROLLERS/ PRAMS
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2014, 11:31:38 am »
We've decided on Aprika karoon.  It is only 3.6kg and quite easy to fold.  It is also dual facing so ideal for newborn baby up to 3yo.  I find it really convenient.

I saw this on a baby fair. Muntik ko na rin iuwi to. Hehe. ang issue ko lang sa light weight is it could possibly be wobbly and a bit delicate so medyo di ako ganun ka panatag when used by a new born or by an active toddler. ako lang naman yan. :) pero convenient talaga sya.

we instead bought Quinny buzz parehas na lang ng eldest ko para walang comparison some day. hehe

evilwoman

  • Guest
Re: All about STROLLERS/ PRAMS
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2014, 12:29:12 pm »
^ issue ko naman ang mahal.makakapag pliko mini na ako.haha..kung may mabibilhan lang ako new pads ng aprica/combi e bibili na lang ako sa japan surplus.hehe

ilbsiri

  • Guest
Re: All about STROLLERS/ PRAMS
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2014, 01:06:31 pm »
my kids are quite big na, we still have the maclaren our preferences should be sturdy, lighweight and easy to navigate, handy. We had chicco, combi and quinny. No offense but I never like graco I find it too bulky and heavy ??? We settled in Maclaren sobrang satisfied ako we travel in and out of country, ako lang and with my kids ang dali gamitin and compact siya hindi kumakain ng malaking space sa compartment ;)

I found Stokke so stylish :) hindi ko pa lang na subukan buhatin o i-navigate. Quinny is nice din kaya lang the bag naliliitan ako. Peg Perego I've seen a lot of foreigners using it. Bugaboo oh my! I can't, I just can't see my self buying it, it's not that I don't like it, hindi ko lang talaga makita sarili ko buying soo expensive pram feeling ko may kasing quality siya na mas mura at yung ibang amout mabibili ko sa ibang bagay for my kids :-X. Combi is super light and can stand alone. Chicco medyo bulky din siya (pag hindi umbrella type) along with the carseat at medyo mabigat din at yung umbrella type naman may kabigatan din.

@mrsjaborts, it depends do you want a travel system for your friend's baby? if yes 15k (cheapest) up ang price nya, kung hindi naman like 0-36mos I think 15k na is okay maganda na yun.

yukishih

  • Guest
Re: All about STROLLERS/ PRAMS
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2014, 09:59:17 am »
My Quinny Moodd Britto was delivered few days ago! Sobrang saya ko lang. Planning to assemble na kaso sabi ni hubby early pa daw. Wait pa daw ng konti.  :P

pinkpotato

  • Guest
Re: All about STROLLERS/ PRAMS
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2014, 09:57:14 am »
^ issue ko naman ang mahal.makakapag pliko mini na ako.haha..kung may mabibilhan lang ako new pads ng aprica/combi e bibili na lang ako sa japan surplus.hehe

been looking for pads too. we can have customized one sa Etsy. After the shipping costs going here sabi ko wag na. lampin na lang icocover ko. LOL.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close