watch now

Author Topic: bakit uso ang tutors sa chinese schools?  (Read 6417 times)

Dwight Go

  • Guest
Re: bakit uso ang tutors sa chinese schools?
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2014, 07:40:16 am »
I am currently an educator in this kind of a school, but if you really want your child to learn I won't suggest you enroll your kids to such, in a progressive school your kids will just be assessed at the end of each quarter/semester, even if your child did not learn anything it's okay because the students learn at their own pace.


About progressive schools -- IMO, ok pag pre-school.  After, I prefer the traditional school -- well, hwag a ko barilin but: trad schools reflect the world:  get ahead or  regret it; everything is competitive;  it's a dog-eat-dog world out there. 

I agree with the views here on progressive schools, let's face it , here in the Philippines, are there any progressive universities? I wonder how will the students who graduated with this kind of discipline face the real world? Whether your kids learn or not, okay lang, why go to school then?

Back to topic, I see a lot of ads in the paper who are looking for Chinese speakers and knows how to write, so I think it's not enough that you could speak but also know how to write. The language used is Mandarin ( official/national) language and not Fookien which is a dialect.

Scouting a good school for our child is hard, we should be hands on with their studies and not solely rely with the tutors imho.

m_lim

  • Guest
Re: bakit uso ang tutors sa chinese schools?
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2014, 08:21:58 am »
^agree. but ang reality kasi ngayon, halos automatic na kailangan may tutor ang mga bata. based yan sa experience ko and sa nakikita ko now w/ my younger siblings.

bihira nalang parents ang tumutulong sa bata. nakaasa lahat kay tutor kaya ginagabi sa tutor house.

re: progressive schools, wala palang grading system sa kanila. thanks for sharing!

Dwight Go

  • Guest
Re: bakit uso ang tutors sa chinese schools?
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2014, 09:33:13 am »
^agree. but ang reality kasi ngayon, halos automatic na kailangan may tutor ang mga bata. based yan sa experience ko and sa nakikita ko now w/ my younger siblings.

bihira nalang parents ang tumutulong sa bata. nakaasa lahat kay tutor kaya ginagabi sa tutor house.

re: progressive schools, wala palang grading system sa kanila. thanks for sharing!

That's where being a parent comes into play, even if you hired a tutor, you still have to see your child's progress. I do tutoring on the side with kids, I see to it that my tutees learn from me, the meaning and usage of the language, heck I even talk with them using Mandarin just to let them feel right at home.

cherrhys

  • Guest
Re: bakit uso ang tutors sa chinese schools?
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2014, 10:38:10 am »
There are a lot of reasons actually, isa lang dun yung mahirap yung school na pinapasukan.  But frankly speaking, a lot of "Chinese" parents din kasi these days are not as fluent in Chinese (may it be Mandarin or Fookien) kaya kelangan ng tutors.  Aside from that, I'm sorry to say, most already have different views about being Chinese, westernized na so to speak, so they don't really prioritized fluency in the Chinese language and culture. I'm speaking from experience, since I wasn't also very fluent in the language in my younger days, but what worked for me was the way my father taught me in appreciating my culture and taking pride in my heritage.  Iba kasi yung tutored lang or from school lang, magiging pure memorization lang siya rather than true fluency.

Nandyan na rin yung maraming ng mixed or half Chinese so understandably kelangan ng help when it comes to Chinese lessons.  Plus we are bombarded in our every day lives with the English language, kaya I agree that parents do play a major role in teaching their kids at home and not just rely on the schools.  This is hard mind you, pero tiyagaan lang talaga.  BUT the major reason talaga for me is dahil na rin sa these days both parents are working or needs to be working.  Gone are the days na our tutors are our moms, but that's the reality of life nowadays.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close