watch now

Author Topic: Bhutan  (Read 6826 times)

alexandrea

  • Guest
Bhutan
« on: February 21, 2014, 03:15:57 pm »
We'll visit Bhutan after Nepal this December. Excited nako hahaha. This is the tour we'll take: http://www.littlebhutan.com/tour-travel-packages/bhutan-on-the-move.html

Anyone else who has been to Bhutan?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 04:11:55 pm by alexandrea »

caterpillar-girl

  • Guest
Re: Bhutan
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 11:47:37 am »
I went to Bhutan, solo, last 2012. I loved Bhutan. I went with Snow White Treks and Tours. Have fun on your trip! :)

molybdenumstudios

  • Guest
Re: Bhutan
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 10:50:01 am »
My other dream destination!

Annie M.

  • Guest
Re: Bhutan
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 12:20:46 pm »
We'll visit Bhutan after Nepal this December. Excited nako hahaha. This is the tour we'll take: http://www.littlebhutan.com/tour-travel-packages/bhutan-on-the-move.html

Anyone else who has been to Bhutan?

wow! i am also saving up for a trip to bhutan.
which airline will you be taking, sis? how much is the total airfare?


alexandrea

  • Guest
Re: Bhutan
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 01:54:15 pm »
We booked Druk Air, Kathmandu to Paro RT all in is around 17,500 pesos. On top of that, we booked for Manila to KL RT via Cebu Pac and KL to Kathmandu RT via Air Asia.

Sis caterpillar-girl, did you go to Tiger's Nest?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 07:28:58 am by alexandrea »

caterpillar-girl

  • Guest
Re: Bhutan
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 10:11:46 am »
^Yes, sis. It's magnificent! The hike's very much worth it.

Shiecg

  • Guest
Re: Bhutan
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 10:09:44 pm »
I went to Bhutan, solo, last 2012. I loved Bhutan. I went with Snow White Treks and Tours. Have fun on your trip! :)

how was it sis, mahal ba? pwede pahiram ITI mo, curious lang ako where to start with my Bhutan trip. thanks in advance sis

alexandrea

  • Guest
Re: Bhutan
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 03:29:09 pm »
Sis caterpillar-girl, di ka ba nahirapan akyatin yun? Like, nahilo ka ba, hiningal, nag-nosebleed, etc.? Kasi di ba, super taas na nun, so manipis na air sa taas. Yun lang naman worry ko dun eh hehe.

Did you ride a horse/donkey or did you walk the whole way?

stradivarius

  • Guest
Re: Bhutan
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 06:21:20 pm »
I also want to go to Bhutan! Yung sa Tiger's Nest ba yon. Sa Little Bhutan din ako nakakita ng package tours.

projectgora

  • Guest
Re: Bhutan
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 11:54:03 pm »
I need to save up for this. Bukod sa mahal ang airfare, bawal pa mag DIY. $200 daw ang travel cost per day including your tour guide, food and accommodation.

caterpillar-girl

  • Guest
Re: Bhutan
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 10:55:06 am »
Naku sorry saw this again just now.

Shiecg, I stayed for 7 days. Pero I could have done with 5 I think hehe.  Mejo mahal kasi $150 a day that time, but for me SUPER SULIT.

alexandrea, I didn't ride a donkey. Although maraming gumagawa non. For me kasi I didn't want to take the easy way. Gusto ko masabi na pinaghirapan ko talaga akyatin yung Tiger's Nest. It's hard, pero kaya naman. May mga kasabay ako na mukhang mga senior citizen na, yung isa may cane pa, kinaya naman namin lahat. :) It's really worth it sis. The Tiger's Nest is sooo so magnificent, it will take your breath away (literally and figuratively haha). The altitude isn't so  bad. I suggest doing this activity at the end of your trip. It's really the highlight of my entire Bhutan adventure.




alexandrea

  • Guest
Re: Bhutan
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2014, 10:46:14 am »
^^ Sis projectgora, it's now 250 USD a day plus surcharge fees for pairs, and a single supplement fee for solo travelers. It's better if you can form a group of at least three people to avoid paying the extra fees.

^ Sis caterpillar-girl, thanks for the info! Medyo nabawasan ang kaba ko sa hike, pero nag-e-exercise na ako everyday para lumakas ang endurance hehe. Do you happen to have pics up on a blog or somewhere else?

joei16

  • Guest
Re: Bhutan
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2014, 10:03:06 pm »
I'm thinking of going on a solo trip to Bhutan for my 30th birthday next year. kaso sobrang mahal naman!! ayoko na kasi ng mga singapore, hongkong, etc. masyadong main stream. hehe.

sa mga nakapunta na ng bhutan dito, how much lahat lahat yung budget nyo? as in kasama na yung pocket money and everything  ;D

alexandrea

  • Guest
Re: Bhutan
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2014, 07:52:13 am »
^ Sis joei16, late Nov pa ang Bhutan ko pero bigyan kita ng idea ng breakdown ng gastos:

Manila-KL RT all-in (piso fare): 5,300 pesos
KL-Kathmandu all-in (promo fare): approx 13,500 (993 MYR)
Kathmandu-Paro RT all-in: approx 17, 800 pesos (395 USD)
Bhutan tour package per person for two pax, 4D/3N: approx 38,500 (830 USD)

5,300+13,500+17,800+38500 = 75,100 pesos.

Take note na mas mahal ang package pag solo. They add a single supplement fee.

Also, sa total ko, wala pa dyan yung insurance, airport fees, accommodations in KL and Kathmandu, pocket money for KL and Kathmandu, and pocket money for Bhutan. Depende na rin kasi yan kung saan mo feel mag-stay sa KL and Kathmandu, and how long you plan to stay there. As for Bhutan, bring enough money for tips, souvenirs, and any activity you want to do na di covered ng itinerary niyo (like whitewater rafting or hot air balloon). Pero you wouldn't be spending much because the tour package includes accommodations, meals, entrance fees, vehicles, drivers, and guides na.

After my trip, mag-popost ako ng list of actual incurred expenses.

Oo nga pala, pwede ka namang pumunta ng Bhutan from India or Thailand. May planned trip na kasi kami to Nepal kaya lang namin naisip na dumaan ng Bhutan. I suggest you go and explore another country near Bhutan para di lang Bhutan ang sasadyain mo. Laki rin kasi ng magagastos so might as well sulitin mo na.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 09:12:46 am by alexandrea »

projectgora

  • Guest
Re: Bhutan
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2014, 09:07:20 am »
^wow na excite naman ako for you sis alexandrea! I'm looking forward to your budget breakdown :)

alexandrea

  • Guest
Re: Bhutan
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2014, 11:33:34 am »
^ Oo, excited na talaga ako hahaha. I'm putting together fall/winter outfits na nga.

One interesting thing about Bhutan is its phallus worship. Can't wait to take pics of phallic representation everywhere there! :P

alexandrea

  • Guest
Re: Bhutan
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2014, 12:40:49 pm »
Bhutan was worth every peso I spent! Such a magnificent and beautiful country.

A big thanks to Little Bhutan, the travel agency we went with. It was a risk on our part because it's a fairly new and small company compared to the others, but fortunately, we were very happy with the service we received.

paulavalerie

  • Guest
Re: Bhutan
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2015, 11:20:43 am »
it's included in my bucket list! sana by next year mapuntahan ko na iyo.

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Bhutan
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2015, 07:14:23 pm »
^sis, nice bumping into you on this thread!  ;D

I'm planning a 10-day trip to Bhutan, hopefully this coming December if things work out. For those who've been to Bhutan in early December, how was it? Weatherwise, I know it's going to be cold, how are the days in terms of taking pictures? Did you get nice, sunny days?

Has anyone been to Bumthang? Is it worth an overnight or skip na lang and concentrate on western Bhutan na lang? TIA!

caterpillar-girl

  • Guest
Re: Bhutan
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2015, 01:45:20 pm »
Congratulations alexandria! Haha. Ganda ng Bhutan no? Worth every penny talaga.

mama squeak, I don't know about December, but I went November, and the days were still pretty long. I got sunshine and blue skies every single day. Bhutan's skies are so blue, probably because wala sila masyado pollution.

I considered including Bumthang in my itinerary, and decided against it as I had limited time. Went to Gangtey instead, 5-6 hour drive also from Paro and Thimpu. Breathtaking scenery! I'm sure Bumthang is beautiful as well. For 10 days, you have time to do Western Bhutan plus Bumthang plus Gangtey. I went with this tour operator, and here is a sample itinerary from their site, for 10 days.  Good luck! I miss Bhutan very very much and hope I can go back someday.

http://www.snowwhitetours.com.bt/cultural-tours/bhutan-odyssey/


 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close