watch now

Author Topic: My 3 year old daughter is super picky eater. I badly need help!  (Read 11504 times)

reb_woods072683

  • Guest
My 3 year old daughter is super picky eater. I badly need help!
« on: February 09, 2014, 09:24:47 pm »
Hi mga mommies. Please help me naman, I am getting super frustrated na.

My daughter is super picky eater. I started weaning her from drinking milk and water from feeding bottle last week kasi pag naka bottle pa, laging nahingi ng milk at water lagi pag nakahiga ang tendency hindi na nakakakain ng rice pag lunch at dinner. We are now bottle free, she drinks milk from a cup with straw 3x a day pero ayaw kumain ng kanina pag lunch at dinner. Nakakafrustrate. Maswerte na ako pag naka 5 subo. Kahit na siya ang nagrequest ng ulam, wala pa rin. Panay biscuits lang kinakain. We stopped giving her chocolates, jellies, yung mga biscuits na may chocolate na palaman kasi lalong hindi kakain ng kanin to pag yun ang hingiin palagi eh. She's taking Appebon Kid and Scotts Vitamin C. Iniisip ko hindi na effective ang Appebon sa kanya kasi dati when we started Appebon magana siya kumain eh. In the past we tried heraclene, mosegor, propan tlc pero walang epekto.

Any suggestions please? Tsaka yung pediasure ba nakakatulong talaga? How much to? Tsaka ano pa bang vitamins ang pwedeng itry para pampagana?

Thank you sa lahat ng magrereply.

Priceless

  • Guest
Re: My 3 year old daughter is super picky eater. I badly need help!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 11:11:28 am »
Hi sis. How old is your daughter? If she likes chocolates, why not try giving her champorado then slowly introducing ulam to her, then maybe later shift o lugaw naman with chicken, beef or fish.  Ano ba ang ayaw nya sa food? Yung taste or texture?

You can also try to "bribe" her with something that she wants to eat, only if she finishes the food you prepare. Perhaps you can get her to try to help you or watch you preparing the food para she can eat whatever "she" prepared...


reb_woods072683

  • Guest
Re: My 3 year old daughter is super picky eater. I badly need help!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 10:45:22 pm »
She's 3 years old sis. Yung texture and taste ang ayaw niya. Bribing is not working, tried that before. Ako lagi ang nag gigive up pag pinapakain ko siya at ayaw niya kainin ang food.

Princess_Chill

  • Guest
Re: My 3 year old daughter is super picky eater. I badly need help!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 04:17:48 pm »
sis sinasabayan mo ba kumain baby mo? and ask ko lang ano milk ng baby mo?

ako kasi sinasabayan ko  kumain si  baby ko kung ano kinakain ko iyon din kinakain niya althou hindi naman mahirap pakainin si baby....noong mas bata pa siya ganoon ginawa ko...we share the same food muna then may sarili na siya plato...

kaya ask ko kung ano gatas niya kasi may mga gatas na matamis so mas like nila iyon..

good luck sis!

marose17

  • Guest
Re: My 3 year old daughter is super picky eater. I badly need help!
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 05:13:30 pm »
Kindly note that dependence on formula milk will not help picky eaters.  Children need to be introduced to the different tastes and textures of solid food.  Thus, if a child is accustomed to formula milk that is sweet, naturally she will prefer that to real food.

bluegintonic

  • Guest
Re: My 3 year old daughter is super picky eater. I badly need help!
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 03:38:45 pm »
1-REMOVE THE MILK.Not even from a sippy cup.
2-Let her get hungry.No snacking din.A hungry kid is more receptive to ALL types of food.
3-If she must drink milk,give it AFTER a meal.
4-My daughter will turn 3 this March din and I involve her in food prep-from shopping to preparing meals.She loves being in the produce section of the supermarket.I let her "shop" (telling her I need 6 potatoes,4 carrots,3 apples,2 broccoli for example.Her favorite thing to pick is mushrooms!).When she requests dishes,I allow her to mix what's in the pot (ex.a stew dish).She requested pancakes for breakfast last week and I allowed her to mix the ingredients AFTER I put them in the mixing bowl.Yung mga simple things that give them control and involves them in their choices,malaking bagay yun sa kanila.
4-I put a child lock to our doorknob for the pantry door and it makes it hard for them to get in and sneak out a snack.Plus any snack items, I put it way HIGH para di niya abot makapasok man siya minsan.
5-Sometimes it's a phase-like all they'll ever eat are round shaped items,or no greens.Try doing a cute bento or cute cookie/sandwich cutters.Help them see it's boring if it's all the same shapes all the time or all same colors all the time.

6-I agree with Princess CHill.Meal times are family time and that means NOBODY on the table should be on TV/phone/gadget AT ALL.Dapat lahat sabay sabay kumakain and ang focus food lang.That means she's not allowed to be running around or playing while eating.

7-Timing is everything.You can't expect a kid to eat when they are not hungry.nagkaroon ako ng issue before with my daughter and pansin ko,she really isn't big on breakfast (like her dad) so most likely hihingi ng snack at 9-10 AM so come lunch time (which is 12 noon) hindi interesado kumain.I noticed that this happens whenever she asks for bananas for snack.So from then on,bananas are no go as a snack between meals kasi sa liit nga naman ng tyan nila, mabigat ang isang buong saging (we get the cavendish ones here in Australia, no choice).And yes, she can finish off one big banana by herself.

8-I don't believe in bribing din.rewarding is better.magkaiba yun.When she eats everything on her plate plus a fruit,she can have candy/chocolates or whatever for after.I tell her that when she is nearly done and most often than not, she will choose fruit over sweets.

HTH!Good luck!

reb_woods072683

  • Guest
Re: My 3 year old daughter is super picky eater. I badly need help!
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 06:26:04 pm »
Thank you mga sis sa mga tips. I need more tips. So far medyo ok na eating habit niya. We eat together kasi 2 lang kame natitira dito pag daytime. Medyo malikot pa rin paalis alis ng chair. Guilty ako sa TV.

bluegintonic

  • Guest
Re: My 3 year old daughter is super picky eater. I badly need help!
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 03:24:32 pm »
^ sis wala na ba siya sa high chair?  Sometimes being strapped to a highchair solves the running around problem.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close