Author Topic: HELP: Whey Protein Brand  (Read 9604 times)

mixeeplikstick

• GUYTalker
  • GirlTalker
  • Guy Talker
HELP: Whey Protein Brand
« on: January 25, 2014, 01:54:31 am »
Hi guys and sis, I just want to ask if what brand of whey would you recommend since I am trying to gain additional weight. I've been working out for 2 months now and I have been buying my Whey Protein from GNC kaso ang mahal even with my 20% discount as a Gold Member. I gained 2 lbs since I started going to the gym. I like GNC Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 and I already consumed 2 3lbs canisters each costs P4,895 :P (P3,916 with the 20% discount). Cutting workout po usually ginagawa ko sa gym that's why I picked this product coz for me it's actually be great cutting whey due to one scoop being only 93 calories with 20 grams of protein per scoop. There is added carnitine and several other goodies, but too little per scoop to make a difference. Less than one gram of sugar per scoop is great as well. I consume this as my Pre (1 scoop) and Post (1 scoop) workout drink and 2 scoops even on my none workout days.

But as I've said it's expensive that's why I am looking for alternative brand which cost less and gives the same or even better result. Hope to hear your advices and opinions mga bro and sis. Thanks in advance. :)

mixeeplikstick

• GUYTalker
  • GirlTalker
  • Guy Talker
Re: HELP: Whey Protein Brand
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 01:57:32 am »
additional info lang po, I don't take my whey protein as a meal replacement since mataas po metabolism ko. I eat after I drink it.

qt_ben17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 12:43:14 pm »
optimum nutrition gold standard.

dami ko iba tinry but i keep coming back to this, unbeatable quality and value. i used this all year round, regardless if im bulking, cutting or maintenance phase
eto na naman sila, "mas better" , "pinaka the best"

qt_ben17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 12:45:56 pm »
just make your own bulking shake - add nuts, avocado (good fat), 2% milk (carbs) OR fruits for carbs,  1 scoop whey. blend.. 

secret of bulking is to take more good fat and clean carbs. :)
eto na naman sila, "mas better" , "pinaka the best"

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 06:49:50 pm »
puro imported pa kasi ang uso sa Philippines. and the body building kind (maraming additives) kaya mahal talaga. wala din nagiimport ng by sacks or tubs.

yung mga countries na malalakas ang dairy industry, may nabibili na PURE whey in powder form. no flavorings etc. its like drinking skimmed skimmed milk. if you add a little bit of Milo, it tastes like the common bodybuilding whey, ON comes to my mind as i type this. sobrang similar. this is something to watch out in the future sa Pinas.

I heard the cheapest place to buy good BB supplements in Manila is in Cash and Carry.
I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

cassey_14

• GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 02:42:24 pm »
Hi sisses, okay lang bang uminom ng whey protein if gustong magpapayat? I'm thinking to try nutrimeal ng usana for replacement lang ng dinner ko, but nagdadalawang isip ako kasi medyo pricey. Kaya naisip ko whey nalang sana.  :)

mixxy16

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 12:03:28 pm »
Up.

What whey protein brand do you guys and gals buy? where and how much na din? :)
Please never mess with me. What's good? I know how to hold a gun. What's better? I aim it nice. What's best? I know how to pull the trigger.

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 02:38:52 pm »
Hi sisses, okay lang bang uminom ng whey protein if gustong magpapayat? I'm thinking to try nutrimeal ng usana for replacement lang ng dinner ko, but nagdadalawang isip ako kasi medyo pricey. Kaya naisip ko whey nalang sana.  :)

opinion ko, yes.

its a supplement.

supplements.....meaning to enhance or to complete

so kunwari you decide to down to 1500 calories a day, na dati 2000 calorie ang diet, it would be quite hard to perfectly get 1500 calories. so you then use whey to fill up your protein requirements. this is good for vegetarians who are open to dairy products

the reason why supplements sometimes do not work is people don't use them properly. so may mga cases na, light workout lang, tapos walang calorie deficit, tapos whey ng whey. ayun. tumataba.

also i've heard na yung mga cheap na whey, may halo daw na flour. never got to verify but a trainer in Manila told me. magagaling daw mga chinese mag tamper ng US brands. (take with a grain of salt).

whey can help you gain muscle faster, that is if you know how to use it. timing ng food para nasa anabolic state.

whey also lowers blood sugar in healthy individuals and those if i remember correctly pre diabetic people (slight insultin resistance, healthy pa ang organs)

I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

honeybunny

• i'm a super dooper, mega, hyper
  • Super GirlTalker
  • hahaha
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 04:59:02 am »
can i take whey protein kahit na i wanna gain weight/tone my muscles..?
i don't need education, i need inspiration.
                   if i was just educated, i'd be a damn fool.

*whoever said money can't buy happiness didn't know where to go shopping

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 07:21:23 am »
to gain weight, you must eat more than you burn.

if you've been working out hard, take protein for recovery (extra protein).

a little bit more lang.

EatsMe

• GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 10:47:49 pm »
Serious Mass sa GNC tataba ka kapag hindi ka mag lift. :)

Herbalife at Nutrimeal tataba ka din if uminom ka every after meal.
wheresdhana.wordpress.com

artificialstar

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2015, 09:02:51 am »
NirecommeNd din to saken yung ON Serious Mass for my sibling who wants to gain weight. You can buy it cheaper from other health stores. Overpriced yung GNC eh.
puro imported pa kasi ang uso sa Philippines. and the body building kind (maraming additives) kaya mahal talaga. wala din nagiimport ng by sacks or tubs.

yung mga countries na malalakas ang dairy industry, may nabibili na PURE whey in powder form. no flavorings etc. its like drinking skimmed skimmed milk. if you add a little bit of Milo, it tastes like the common bodybuilding whey, ON comes to my mind as i type this. sobrang similar. this is something to watch out in the future sa Pinas.

I heard the cheapest place to buy good BB supplements in Manila is in Cash and Carry.
I like the idea of mixing my own flavor. Where can I buy this pure whey protein bro? Meron to sa amazon.com? Thanks.

sparklingjewel

• Super GirlTalker
  • What you see is what you get, no filters.
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 11:27:31 pm »
I'm taking Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey in Double rich chocolate. My ex had me taste it and i never tried anything else since im afraid the others wont taste as good. He's also fairly bulky with minimal exercise so i guess it works? haha

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close