watch now

Author Topic: How do you prepare for a half marathon with only 45 minutes a day?  (Read 1568 times)

joban99

  • Guest
Hi sisses, Id like to ask how can I train for a half marathon given my current situation. This is my situation, I run on a treadmill during my lunch break so I only have 45 minutes to run. I do this from Sunday to Friday and I rest on Saturday. Im currently running at 8.4km/hr and am running 6km in 45 minutes every day on the treadmill. Id like to run longer, but I dont have enough time as my break is only 1 hour long. I dont want to exercise after work as Id rather spend my evenings at home and with my family. My weekends are Friday and Saturday and so Im planning to run for a bit longer on Fridays. But I dont know if this will help prepare me for a half marathon (21k) which I plan to do by July. So again, Id like to train for a half marathon, but I only have 45 minutes a day to do so. Is this possible? If yes, can you pls tell me how? Thanks very much. :)

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: How do you prepare for a half marathon with only 45 minutes a day?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 11:37:19 am »
I hope runners will answer this question. I do more strength training, but I would really like to start running long distances. I currently just squeeze in maybe 30 mins of threadmill running or an hour of open-space running like twice a week. Pretty weak.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 01:54:40 pm by Frozen Toes »

joban99

  • Guest
Re: How do you prepare for a half marathon with only 45 minutes a day?
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 04:28:13 pm »
Hi sis frozen toes, I actually found out the answer to my question, hehe.. One of the key things is you have to have at least 1 long run per week. So you can still keep your 30min run twice a week, but youll have to add one long run in that week as well to build endurance so you can do long distance runs. A few ways to learn more is to skim through articles on the net or forums, but for me the best way is to watch youtube videos about marathon running. Here are 3 good videos about this subject. Enjoy and good luck! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1HjMjnKT6Y - tips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RrVup-zmec - stamina

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S0jAD4CBXQ - endurance




Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: How do you prepare for a half marathon with only 45 minutes a day?
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 01:56:11 pm »
Thanks so much for these! :D

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close