watch now

Author Topic: Baby's Oral Care  (Read 3760 times)

funky f

  • Guest
Baby's Oral Care
« on: January 12, 2014, 08:55:53 am »
There was a thread about this before but I couldn't find it anymore so I'm creating a new one. 

Syempre, as parents, we want them to have good set of (milk) teeth so, what do you do to ensure na di masisira teeth ni baby? 😀 Please feel free to share tips from your dentist, parents, etc.

cerelina

  • Guest
Re: Baby's Oral Care
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 09:23:05 am »
Concern ko din ito when shoukd our babies start brushing teeth ba pag complete na my daughter has 7 teeth right now 4 sa taas 3 sa baba i havent started brushing her teeth sabi ng mommy ko masyado pa daw konti. I dont know when to start also i believe that i should start brushing her early para maging habit

funky f

  • Guest
Re: Baby's Oral Care
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 12:00:20 pm »
Consult ka lang ng right toothpaste for your daughter.  When I brought my daughters before sa pedia dentist, she said dapat talaga as soon as magkateeth na si baby, linisin na sya dapat kahit with gauze pad lang muna kasi milk nagiging acid yun if not cleaned/brushed ad nagiging weak ang teeth at nakakasira.

ikaela

  • Guest
Re: Baby's Oral Care
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 02:32:11 pm »
My friend who's a dentist gave me an oral kit to use on my baby as early as 4 months. The toothpaste she included is Pigeon brand. Since she's a dentist, I trust her completely, and used the kit right away. My baby then just had two lower teeth. Una, yung slip-on finger brush lang ginamit ko, then when she started growing her front teeth, I used the baby toothbrush. I think the kit also made my baby excited about brushing her teeth.

funky f

  • Guest
Re: Baby's Oral Care
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 04:38:37 pm »
Ako sans fluo but will have to research some more. 

gen211

  • Guest
Re: Baby's Oral Care
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 08:58:48 pm »
When they can be taught to gargle and spit, start fluoride toothpaste. This was my mistake for sticking to non-fluoride toothpaste for so long.

princessrio

  • Guest
Re: Baby's Oral Care
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 05:02:33 am »
my son started gargling and spitting when he was 15 months old, but still, i opted for the non-fluoride toothpaste kasi practice pa kami ng practice. he was 19 months when we shifted to aquafresh milk. so far, ok naman. i brush his teeth twice a day, sabay sa pagligo nya.

also, bihira sya magchocolate or ice cream. hindi pa sya nakakakain ng candies or lollipop. he is now 22 months old.

sistah!

  • Guest
Re: Baby's Oral Care
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 12:41:41 pm »
as soon as my daughter started eating food (mashed, pureed) at 6 months, I started brushing her teeth. she didn't really have teeth but I used the finger brush thing just to clean the mouth and tongue. now, we brush her teeth twice a day. when she was 18 months old, I took her for her 1st dental visit. checkup and cleaning lang. so far, so good. she just turned 2 so we're going back to the dentist ulit for checkup this month.


 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close