Author Topic: Acacia Waldorf or DLSU-stc  (Read 8533 times)

gorgeous_mommie

• Senior GirlTalker
  • If you're not sure if someone wants to be in your
Acacia Waldorf or DLSU-stc
« on: December 12, 2013, 07:20:22 pm »
Been to this schools and im torn between them.. supposedly sched ng daughter ko for entrance test sa de la salle this saturday but i moved it to february.. si hubby prefered acacia waldorf in nuvali.. between the 2, DLSU comes cheaper.. 92k+ sya plus uniform and books..
while Acacia Waldorf costs-110k tf. and madami pang plus plus.. aabutin sya ng 142k.. pero wala sila books and wala din uniform..
pls if any of you have feedbacks abt this 2 schools will be much appreciated..

TIA
"Don’t get mad when a girl cares too much. Worry when she starts not to care at all"

Irtwisted

• GirlTalker
Re: Acacia Waldorf or DLSU-stc
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 06:31:47 pm »
I don't have any experience on any of these schools but my child attends Waldorf school. All I can say is, Waldorf is sooo worth it but you have to make adjustments on your lifestyle. For example: tv, electronic games, cartoons are highly discouraged. No sweets or chocolate before 3pm, and so on.

There are also aspects of Waldorf education that you might find uncomfortable, like not actively teaching children how to read until 2nd grade, no tests in lower schools, etc.

Re: reading skills, my son didn't learn how to read whole words until this year (he's currently in 2nd grade) but now, he's reading entire books and has a wide vocabulary. So don't worry about that aspect. Waldorf children are also imaginative and creative. Plus they always practice singing and musical instruments in class. At least in my son's Waldorf school they do.  ;)

By the way, what grade level will your child be?

gorgeous_mommie

• Senior GirlTalker
  • If you're not sure if someone wants to be in your
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 06:48:43 pm »
I don't have any experience on any of these schools but my child attends Waldorf school. All I can say is, Waldorf is sooo worth it but you have to make adjustments on your lifestyle. For example: tv, electronic games, cartoons are highly discouraged. No sweets or chocolate before 3pm, and so on.

There are also aspects of Waldorf education that you might find uncomfortable, like not actively teaching children how to read until 2nd grade, no tests in lower schools, etc.

Re: reading skills, my son didn't learn how to read whole words until this year (he's currently in 2nd grade) but now, he's reading entire books and has a wide vocabulary. So don't worry about that aspect. Waldorf children are also imaginative and creative. Plus they always practice singing and musical instruments in class. At least in my son's Waldorf school they do.  ;)

By the way, what grade level will your child be?

hi sis.. she's an incoming 5th grader.. hubby and I got inspired after visiting acacia.. and hubby is very much convinced with their teaching method but my main concern is, i dont have much feedbacks with acacia.. though i find the staffs and other personels accomodating, i wanna hear more abt this school sana.. and more abt waldorf approach.. Thanks
"Don’t get mad when a girl cares too much. Worry when she starts not to care at all"

mameejhy

• SuperMAMEE!
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • Mamee + Babee Bookworms
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 03:11:52 pm »

Wow, I didn't know that there is a Waldorf school in Nuvali! We are based abroad and have a property in Nuvali - I think we can come home for good :)

jmedical

• Probationary
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 12:27:33 pm »
Hi!

We'll be relocating to Nuvali next year kaya we're looking for a good school for our kids. 4 and 2. We've heard good things about this school. Any idea magkano ang tuition fee per year?

Thanks!

KuleKots

• Probationary
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 12:05:46 pm »
Hi TF depends sa class level of your child, plus you have to pay a one time development fee.

you may call them to inquire.

http://acaciawaldorfschool.com/

Mobile: Globe: 0917 ? 5540435 ? Smart: 0998 ? 9808185

lornadahl

• Super GirlTalker
    • http://www.tambucho-tales.blogspot.com
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 10:08:00 am »
Hi gorgeous_mommie, you might want to attend their open house/orientations usually in January to March. They explain the Waldorf curriculum from kinder to upper school. There are also online sources if you want to know more.

Just like Irtwisted, I'm a happy Waldorf parent. I've seen improvement in my child in just a short span of 1 school year. But, yeah, it entails lifestyle change talaga. More on healthy food, healthy habits like rhythm, homeopathic medicine, lots of exposure to nature and arts, among others.
Everyone sees what you seem, but few know what you are

- Machiavelli

<Signature modified by Admin. No advertising please. Do not modify>

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close