Author Topic: Cebu Brides  (Read 52534 times)

112214bride

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2014, 01:10:16 pm »
Anyamcbeal hehe. I hope I can have a wedding as nice and fun as yours. But I doubt if anyone from our guest would get drunk, ang mahal kasi ng drinks sa reception! Haha. Anyway, yung 20K package kay Vanessa Gamus is for ilan pax yun? Nag inquire na ako sakanya a week ago thru fb kaya lang no response parin till now eh.. Btw, is it expensive to get event stylist?

joanlim I don’t know if it’s true.. there’s this bride daw na hindi na daw nag bayad ng remaining balance after the wedding sa sobrang galit. Apparently he messed up her makeup ata, sobrang kapal daw nung makeup. Another one is yung hindi sumunod sa call time. Kasi he accepted three wedding makeups in one day ata. When I asked naman his assistant sabi naman hindi daw sila nale-late… So im now confused and want to ask sana an opinion from someone who might know from Cebu.. who’s your coordinator pala?

Anyamcbeal

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2014, 02:01:52 pm »
@112214bride - 7pax kame sis. 3girls na secondary sponsors, may mom and then 2 ninang, my sister tapos ako. I think free yung 3 flower girls (that is kung meron or gusto mo silang paayusan, in my case, hair lang ang pinagawa ko para sa daughter ko then the other 3 kiddos di naman na nagpaayos) tapos may husband hair and powder din. In my opinion, medyo mababa yung rate ni Vanessa kasi I inquired before kay Jessie around 30k for the same number of pax. Kay wenwen naman, around 25k din ata but not sure kung for how many pax. Parang mas mainam ata kung one client per day lang sila, I mean kung may retouch ka pa, parang baka may isang mag-suffer naman, unless talagang kaya nilang tumanggap ng 2 in a day. I think, you should include that question sis while you are inquiring. Pero sa experience ko naman with Vanessa, no problem talaga. They came back for the retouch and even assisted the photographers for our pictorial just before reception.

About stylists naman, I made some inquries sa mga ilang stylists doon, un isa, nagstart sa 60k yung package.medyo mahal para sa akin kasi small lang naman yung group namen and hindi naman elaborate yung set-up na gusto ko. Plus, I have a budget that I should work on. Kaya naghanap muna ako. When I found mu stylist, kaka-start palang nila, as in parang 2 or 3 palang ata yung client nila for event styling (more on engagement shoot kasi sila), when we finally agreed with the figures, ayun I got them na.


joanlim

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2014, 03:49:14 pm »
aww ill try to inquire about Jessie Glova, i super like his work pa naman... maybe di sya nainspire sa aura nga bride.. hehe..joke...

Anyamcbeal

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2014, 04:04:19 pm »
@joanlim -siguro nga sis. Actually I personally inquired kay Jessie e. Una sa fb, which he anwered right away, and then thru phone. As a matter of fact, he called me up pa. Nagulat ako kasi baka nakalimutan niya na I am based overseas at overseas call na yun tawag niya sa akin. Pero he was polite and told me na okay lang daw yung call niya. Kay wenwen ako medyo nahirapan kasi ilang weeks akong nag iinquire pero I got nothing. I called up his assistant twice and sabi eemail nalang daw , wala pa din ako nareceive. Si coordinator na ang nag-inquire saka ko nalaman na booked napala siya.

Sana isolated case lang yun kay Jessie. Actually, siya halos ang madalas kong mkita sa mga blog pag Cebu wedding. He does hair din kasi. I hope you both find the perfect make-up suppliers guys. Happy preps!

112214bride

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2014, 05:19:43 pm »
Nag inquire na ako sa kanila sis Anyamcbeal joanlim
Jessie Glova - 25K (Bride+7female) promo price
Wenwen Zaspa - 25K (Bride+4female)
Emi Ayag & Vanessa Gamus – no reply yet

Thing is, since im in sg baka hindi na ako makakapag trial makeup.. or is it better talaga to have trial makeup? Parang sayang kasi eh.. Anyway, which area did you have them styled? And how much ang inallot mo for it? Many thanks!

Anyamcbeal

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2014, 07:17:24 pm »
@112214bride - ako sis di na nagpa-trial. I share the same sentiments with you. Una,malayo ako and second namamahalan ako. But if you are getting a cebu-based photographer and you plan on having a pre-nup session (still would depend if you'll have it in Cebu),you can opt na din for a trial make-up on the day ng prenup mo. Kame kasi we did not have [textspeak!] prenup photo session. So back then I was thinking, bahala na lang. What I did, I sort of stalked Vanessa's Fb Acct and Instagram kasi he updates his portfolio always kaya nakita more or less paano ba on my wedding day.

About the stylist, they did the church and reception. Since beachfront yung reception and one long table lang naman, we came up with a reasonable amount na. All in all I paid 30k. They also made the peonies in my hair and the candle holder in the church (plus flower wreath in the pews of the aisle sa church). It looked really nice sa pictures.

joanlim

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2014, 12:48:00 pm »
I will be able to acquire the trial make-up for im in Cebu, unfortunately my wedding will be Feb next year pa, so maybe late na ang review ko if ever...

ms_babhie_anne28

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2014, 03:00:00 pm »
Hi! Usually ano ang rates ng mga wedding coordinators? And do you know any bridal fair/expo coming up aside dun sa Shangri-la? Free ba entrance nung sa Shangri-la?

112214bride

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2014, 01:00:31 pm »
Anyamcbeal our photographer is cebu-based. we opt not to have prenup photo na rin eh.. kaya bahala na si batman. im starting to stalk na rin Jessie and Vanessa. hehe. Wala pa bang pics ng wedding nyo? Parang I didn't see the reception part kasi sa video..

joanlim you're lucky you're in cebu! balitaan mo nalang kami ha :)

ms_babhie_anne28 sa mga napag tanungan ko, P15,00~P40,000 yung OTD and P40,000~80,000 yung Full planning. I don't know kung saan pa may bridal fair but I think free yung sa Shangri-La

112214bride

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2014, 09:37:22 am »
hi mga sis. i read from other thread (OTD wedding coordinator) more or less sa manila nasa 10K yung mga rate ng OTD. Bakit kaya ganun sa cebu ang mamahal ng OTD? normally nasa 20~30k...

joanlim

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2014, 10:57:09 am »
their are lower OTD, ones rated 20-30k are maybe the best of the best... honestly im i found coordinators at 15k below rates but im afraid that my day might end up looking cheap

Anyamcbeal

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2014, 01:21:31 pm »
Actually I had with me some raw pics pero wala pang kasama na reception. Even my friends forgot to snap photos daw ng actual set-up. I think I only had 2 pics on my instagram, ni-repost ko lang from Mark C. As soon as I have na the photos from the photographer I'll share some in my blog then I'll let you guys know.

About the wedding coordinators naman, sa totoo lang I did not looked around talaga for coordinators because I made up my mind long time ago with mine, so I really had no idea na mataas din pala ang rate nila dyan sa cebu. In my opinion, kaya siguro may mga meron na mababang rate sa Manila maybe because of the competition. Ang dami ng coordinators sa Manila kaya I think as a strategy, they have to offer some reasonable price din. In conclusion, my only advice for you guys is to go with your guts. I did. I had no other resources or contact person to go to when I was searching so I relied heavily with my guts. Of course, I had my husband to help me decide. Then, there's the issue of budget. Kapag hindi sakto sa budget, let go ako agad.

However, I believe there are good coordinators there talaga. I came to know their names along the preps. Snoogie Mata, Deoliza   Rapada (not sure kung tama ba alala ko sa surname niya),or you can try researching "sugbu coordinators" on google, kasi they have their own association there in Cebu. Hope this helps

@joanlim - di naman siguro sis. As long as your on top of the preps before you turn everything to them, di naman siguro magiging cheap-looking ang wedding. One thing I adore about Cebu-local hospitality is that their genuine desire to help. And I personally think that the key is to prepare way ahead. Your current timetable is very much apt because you have more time to research and to choose. Would you believe na prior sa '2 year' actual prep period of my wedding, I had it planned in my head for almost 6 yrs na? That long. So just keep the interest and excitement going. Mabilis lang ang mga araw, naku next month April na nga agad :)

112214bride

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2014, 09:38:38 am »
wow Mark Cantalejo ka pala. I'm sure magaganda ang pics mo! Sana ipost na nya, can't wait to see them! 80K ang rate ni Tisha Cue diba? mataas yun! But i heard she's the best in cebu. If I have the money why not. Sya talaga ang 1st choice ko, hindi lang talaga carry ng budget.

Yes, meron daw association ang mga wc sa cebu.. which i was not aware of. hindi ko alam na magkakaibigan pala yung mga wc dun kaya nawrong move ako nung sinendan ko sila lahat ng same email with questions.. pinag uusapan na pala nila ako. nyahaha.

anyway, i think i found my wc already. nakipag meet kami sakanya during our visit there. kaya lang may napansin ako sa payment scheme sa contract nya. 50% DP + 50% full payment (1week before wedding day). Ganun ba talga? I was expecting kasi that the final payment would be upon completion of their task.. hindi ko pa tuloy nasisign yung contract..

joanlim

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2014, 10:25:40 am »
we'll be meeting our prospect coordinator next week, ill try to check their payment scheme if same ba...

Anyamcbeal

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2014, 11:08:55 am »
@112214bride - i doubt it na i-post ni Mark hehe, he has loads of prettier weddings in his portfolio to choose from besides ours :)
I'll try to post nalang the onsite photos in my blog, I posted it though in my fb, so if you want let's stalk each other in fb nalang hahaha!

About the payment schemes sa coordinator sis, actually I read your question on the other thread, you can always ask your chosen coordinator kung pwedeng i-modify any clause in your contract that your not comfortable with. And to answer your question kung ganun ba talaga ang payment schedule, I can speak from my experience with tisha, and for me hindi ganun. In my contract, I should pay the remaining after the event. Pero since ayoko na mahassle, I paid her a day before the event, kasama na lahat ng payments for the rest of the suppliers.

I believe you should be able to tell your future coordinator anything that you dont feel agreeable in your contract, and find something that works for you both. I think mapapag usapan naman sis. Hope this helps.

Happy preps guys :)

112214bride

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2014, 03:08:41 pm »
Anyamcbeal ay hindi ba lahat pinopost nila? anyway im sure yours was one of the prettiest. thank you for always being a big help. already emailed my wc and still waiting for her reply. sana pumayag sya. pag hindi.. hmmm bahala na. hehe

joanlim i remember meron akong nameet na wc when i went to cebu. she asked me kung sino sino pa ang mga suppliers na i-meet ko so i told her. the next day when i met the supplier apparently alam na nya na nakipag meet ako sa wc na yun and started telling me that she's good. natawa nalang ako kasi ang bilis ng balita. hehe. anyways, hope you find a good wc too! keep us updated :-)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 03:11:14 pm by 112214bride »

joanlim

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2014, 10:45:34 am »
at 8 months to go; booked na the following:

Church :  Sacred Heart
Reception: Grand Convention Center
Dress-up: Radisson Bleu
Coordinator: Otep
Photographer: Shutterfairy
Videographer: Noel Samson

Yay!

112214bride

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2014, 12:08:31 pm »
sis joanlim may HMUA ka na?


ako din :) 5months to go! (omg 5months nalang pala??)

Booked:
Church: Ocean Pavilion Shangri-La
Reception: Beachfront Shangri-La
Coordinator: Belle MariƩe
Photographer: Marlon Capuyan
Videographer: Photogenics
HMUA (bride): Jessie Glova
Event Styling: Cuckoo Clouds

insanelypurpleprincess

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2014, 12:29:43 pm »
^^ joanlim, yey! That is awesome news. Very fantastic choices, too. Sacred Heart is lovely and has an aircon option. Check! Grand Convention is very new and fresh. Check! Radisson Blu has very nice spaces for your pictorials. Check! Shutterfairy and Noel Samson --- Fantastic choices, too! You will surely have great stuff to remember your wedding by!

^ 112214bride, kayang kaya yan at 5 months to go. Go, girl! :)

nimnim

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2014, 10:31:51 am »
Hello I'm a Cebu bride too. Wedding is June 2015.

Booked

Church- Archbishop Palace
Venue- Radisson
Video- Ian Cruz Films (MNL)
Make Up- Wenwen Zaspa Team

 :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close