Author Topic: Cebu Brides  (Read 52627 times)

insanelypurpleprincess

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2014, 07:14:11 am »
Hi ladies,

Medyo nai-stress ako sa planning at alam kong late na ang start namin (we are targeting a Jan 2015 wedding).

Baka naman may mare-recommend kayong mga wedding coordinators na Cebu-based? We are an overseas couple and we are looking at hiring someone for full coordination. We appreciate any info you can share. :)

Thanks very much!

^ Hi sis @hadrians, do try to check out Tisha Gerona, she is with CebuWedding.net :) She is very meticulous with details and very creative, too!!! To top all that, she is very easy to deal with as well :)

Anyamcbeal

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2014, 06:56:40 pm »
Hello mga sis!! I am back. I am currently doing my supplier's review on my blog. It's quite long. Once I am done, I will share the link here or you can just click it in my signature. I will try to finish it tonight so you can read it as soon as possible. Of course you can still ask me if you need more info.

@sis hadrians-- I am a BLISS UNLIMITED BRIDE. Tisha Cue was my coordinator and I am sg-based din. I have only praises for her. And she only offer full coordination talaga. She is Cebu-based, and if I am not mistaken, she's the head of Sugbu Coordinators (she's one of the founders too) now. My wedding was last December 28,2013. And I am still on what they call "wedding hang-over" hehe...kidding aside, you can always email her for inquiry. Try looking for their FB page its also under the name BLISS UNLIMITED CEBU.

hadrians

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2014, 02:57:11 am »
@sis hadrians-- I am a BLISS UNLIMITED BRIDE. Tisha Cue was my coordinator and I am sg-based din. I have only praises for her. And she only offer full coordination talaga. She is Cebu-based, and if I am not mistaken, she's the head of Sugbu Coordinators (she's one of the founders too) now. My wedding was last December 28,2013. And I am still on what they call "wedding hang-over" hehe...kidding aside, you can always email her for inquiry. Try looking for their FB page its also under the name BLISS UNLIMITED CEBU.
[/quote]

Oh wow! Your wedding date was our first choice too. :P Congratulations on your wedding! I can just imagine the wedding hangover will last for months! :D Yes, Tisha is very good at responding to emails, kahit na ang kulit-kulit ko and maraming tanong!

Thank you for the responses ladies! :)

joanlim

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2014, 10:47:03 am »
im so happy knowing im not the only cebu bride here.. i always thought i was alone kaya i made the page.. im begging my fiance to get Tisha too... he is at 15k budget, what is a few more thousands to get the best, right?

Anyamcbeal

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2014, 11:52:03 am »
Hi mga sis!!

Part 1 of my supplier's review up on my blog now. It's really loong so I decided to have it in two-parts. Here's the link:http://sweetroundtwo.tumblr.com

If the link does not work just please kindly click it on my signature na lang :)

Anyamcbeal

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2014, 11:55:57 am »
Hi sis insanelypurpleprincess - yes we are back here in sg. I am terribly missing the preps. I always look at our photos and sde. I want one again!!!hahaha!!

insanelypurpleprincess

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2014, 12:23:01 pm »
^ @sis Anyamcbeal - Thanks for sharing the update that you already wrote a review for your suppliers. Will check on it shortly. As for your state of being 'high'.. hold on to it as long as you can.. No one has the license to stop you anyway.. Sa mga nag enjoy sa wedding, surely gusto mag round two.. Yung mga napagod and na trauma (in a way or another) naman, ayaw na!

joanlim

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2014, 11:18:17 am »
So far planning our February 2015 wedding is a total blur; a lot of if's.. what i do is canvassing and lay everything to fiance. prob is his too busy with work that is why bookings are not sign-sealed-delivered yet; so far we are considering the ff:

Church: Sacred Heart or Cebu Cathedral?
Reception: Grand Convention Center
Dress up venue: Quest Hotel or Radisson Blu
HMUA: Joseph Agdao(is he good?)
Photo: Blinkbox Photography
Video: Glen Ducante
Entourage Gowns: Beckettes
Wedding Gown: c/o fiance's designer Tita
Flowers and Decors: still negotiating with Pink Flora\
Coordinator: Tisha Marie Gerona

fingers cross mabook and mafinalize everything...

112214bride

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2014, 08:55:18 pm »
Hi! Im also based in SG. none of us is from Cebu kaya mejo hirap mag asikaso.. puro search lang lagi sa internet tapos inquire inquire thru email.. buti nalang nahanap ko tong forum. sana marami pang mag share dito and post ng mga reviews! at least nalaman ko na hindi lang pala ako yung makulit at maraming tanong sa email! hehe. happy prep mga sis!  ;)

joanlim

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2014, 09:33:36 pm »
@112214bride sang church and reception plan n'yo?

112214bride

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2014, 08:50:40 am »
^ joanlim hi sis. sa ocean pavilion yung ceremony and beach front yung reception namin. both in shangri-la mactan

insanelypurpleprincess

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2014, 10:54:42 am »
Hi! Im also based in SG. none of us is from Cebu kaya mejo hirap mag asikaso.. puro search lang lagi sa internet tapos inquire inquire thru email.. buti nalang nahanap ko tong forum. sana marami pang mag share dito and post ng mga reviews! at least nalaman ko na hindi lang pala ako yung makulit at maraming tanong sa email! hehe. happy prep mga sis!  ;)

^ Yes, yes.. It's better to ask the questions now habang maaga para naman di ka mas lalong ma stress later on. Ask away and we will do what we can to help you find answers... So, if you're SG based, who is from Cebu? Or Destination wedding lang ang peg?

112214bride

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2014, 01:17:57 pm »
hi insanelypurpleprincess yes, destination wedding lang ang peg. hehe. gusto lang talaga namin ni h2b ang beach wedding and cebu ang pinaka accessible sa lahat since may direct flight din sya from SG. yun nga lang kailangan ng extra effort kasi wala kaming kakilala sa cebu and yung family namin puro nasa manila. plus OTD coordinator lang ang balak namin kunin kasi mukhang hindi na carry ng budget yung full time. mejo nakaka gulat pala ang mga presyo nila ano..

Anyamcbeal

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2014, 02:35:06 pm »
Hello girls!! Just thought of stopping by...i still have the second part of the review to post but di pa tapos, so sorry po. Anyways, just ask away if you want to know what I did with mine.

One advice that I could share would be, lalo na sa mga sis natin na abroad-based, is to narrow than your choices up to 3. It's difficult to do the inquiry when you have too many in your list. If you have a theme or an idea of how you want your wedding to look like, you can actually start suppliers that would suit you best.

For example, for our photos, we wanted shots na colorful and vivid in details, not too grainy or vintagey, plus we wanted someone whose good with portrait shots. From the categories, we only had 2 candidates. Hence we got Mark Cantalejo. Another example, if you want elaborate set-up for church and venue, you can have the popular choices in the cebu scene, or if you want something rustic, backyard and upbeat, there are budding stylists who can tackle that kind of theme na din in cebu. Those kind of things. In my case I got cuckoo cloud concepts to style the reception and church. I am also a DIY bride, so in a way, April and Gizelle (who does a lot of diy too) understood my vision.

I am also base here in sg. If you want some DIY help/ideas, just let me know sis 112214bride and I'll be happy to assist you.


112214bride

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2014, 05:19:03 pm »
Eto pa lang ang na-book namin so far..

Ceremony: Shangri-La Ocean Pavilion
Reception: Shangri-La Beachfront
Dress up venue: Shangri-La na rin kasi they have free room stay sa package nila
Cater and Cake: Also both included in shang package
Photographer: Marlon Capuyan (not available na si Mark Cantalejo)
Videographer: Photogenics from Olongapo (yes... we have to pay for their airfare, hotel, etc etc)

halos lahat kasi ng videographer fully booked na as early as now. like Bob Nicolas, Mayad, Jason Magbanua, (<---tanong tanong lang naman kahit hindi swak sa budget. hehe) & DIgital minds (cebu). Franz Arrogante naman hindi nag rereply eh...   

Anyway, we’re going to Cebu next week for site visit and food tasting. Baka pwede na rin siguro makipag meet sa wedding planner? Kaya lang wala pa kaming nahahanap eh.. baka meron kayong ma-recommend na wedding planner? Wala kasi akong mahanap na review ng mga wedding planners in cebu. I heard ok si Ms. Tisha Cue of Bliss Unlimited, unfortunately she only offers full coordination service which hindi rin carry ng budget namin. TIA mga sis!

Anyamcbeal hi! Thank you for your advice! I saw your DIY wedding invitations from your blog. Plan rin naming mag DIY ng invitations. We still have to look for a place here in SG kung saan pwede mag print. (nakaka hiya naman kasi kung sa office. Hehe) we’re planning to limit our guests to 60~65 lang so probably I need to make more or less 50 invitations. Where did you get you supplies? And by the way, yung bouquet mo ba DIY din? Sobrang ganda! Ang galing!!

joanlim

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2014, 05:23:20 pm »
Shangrila Mactan will host a bridal fair on March 29,2014 perfect time sana for inquiries for all their approved suppliers are present on the said event. but anyway i think as of the moment i am the only one who is in Cebu right now, i would also try my best to be able to assist for i am also inquiring and booking for my wedding next year...

Anyamcbeal

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2014, 12:28:26 pm »
@112214bride -hello sis! For your question, I bought the felt cloth in divisoria (madami kasi ang kailangan ko and with specific colors,pero I did not actually get my desired color pa din), also the buttons then the rest sa Daiso ko lahat kinuha. In my opinion, you can get pretty much everything you need from Daiso, because I did.  For the paper naman, I got it from kikki stores and Urban write Stuff pati sa Popular Bookstore.

About my bouquet, yes I did it. Actually I made 5 bouquets for the girls and for my daughter. Pati bouttonierres na din. Medyo nag-enjoy ako sa Diy kaya halos madami akong nagawa hehe!

My piece of advice about printing, originally kasi dapat print din ang invites namen, kaso I decided na handwritten nalang since mahilig akong magsulat (readable naman kahit paano ang handwritting ko hehe), try looking for second hand na printing machine sa cash converter kasi yung friend ko nakabili ng printer ng 56sgd mas nakakasave siya kesa nagpprrint siya sa labas. Mas mahal kasi ang printing e,lalo na kung medyo pang-invites ang dating. Yan talaga ang plan namen ni husband before I came up with handwritten notes.

I hope this helps...and  second part of my supplier review up on my tumblr blog, you can click my signature below if you have time.

112214bride

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2014, 04:01:51 pm »
joanlim Hi! thanks for the info. Unfortunately I won't be able to join the bridal fair. Anyway, I just went to Cebu and met with several suppliers. I found out that Ms Tisha Cue (Bliss Unlimited) & Snoogie Mata ang pinaka famous/okay na WP sa Cebu. Have you chosen your HMUA already? I was eyeing on Jessi Glova however after talking to someone from Cebu parang nag bago na isip ko. I heard something not so nice about him. Also with Wen2 Zaspa. I'm now confused.. hindi ko alam kung totoo ba yun or sinisiraan lang sila? :( Since you're from Cebu, baka you know something about them?

Anyamcbeal hi! I just went to Cebu. And I heard may nalasing na bride daw dun nung Dec 28 who's also from singapore. Is that you? hehe. Super nice naman daw yung wedding. Thanks for your reply and I'll check out your tumblr later! :)


Anyamcbeal

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2014, 01:53:42 pm »
@112214bride -- yay!!!hahaha! I guess that was me nga!! It'll be quite hard for them to forget me kasi I was entertaining my supplier and speechy-fying while I was "tipsy". It was super duper fun, and the next day, hang-over to the max ako. Husband said I was dead knocked out hahaha!

About make-up artists naman, if you want , you can check out Vanessa Gamus, Ramil Solis. Vanessa did mine and my entourage, he's very nice and jolly. I only paid 2k for reservation then the rest was on the day. My package was 20k, I just had to pay extra kasi some of my visitors had their hair fixed pa. His hair assistants were very nice as well. That included retouched na for me and ny husband (actually lahat kame pati entourage na-retouched nya e). Airbrush na din pala yun for me.

My gown was designed by Dino Lloren,another Cebu pride. I only met him once, 1st day when I came nagpasukat agad ako, then when we had to go back to Manila na on the 3rd day, he did the lining of the gown and had me fit it then from there he worked on the gown na. I did not went through any diet na ( I am quite "malaman"), but he asked me not to gain anymore weight sana. Pero he was meticulous talaga with the fit. When I came 3days before the wedding I had the dress fit and kasya siya sa akin, but he was keen on seeing that it did fit me very well. He was keen like that. He was also present on the wedding day itself and dressed me up.

To help you here's our sde by Franz Arrogante, you can check my make-up and dress :  http://vimeo.com/m/83997063

joanlim

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2014, 10:17:02 am »
oh no!! i was super eyeing Jessie Glova pa naman, what have you herd about him.. worry tuloy me.. im meeting my coordinator soon, ill ask her opinion about it

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close