Author Topic: Cebu Brides  (Read 52525 times)

joanlim

  • Guest
Cebu Brides
« on: December 09, 2013, 05:15:54 pm »
Hello Guys,

I hope i'm not alone here; I am a Cebu Bride but most of our sisters here are Manila or out of town brides; although most of the topics are very informative, i do hope that we also have sisters here I could share with within the vicinity, specially with suppliers rating and such.

Anyamcbeal

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 11:53:52 pm »
Hello sis! Finally a fellow Cebu bride!!

My wedding will be 18 days from now and I cant wait! Here are my suppliers: (by the way, I am sg-based pala, and I am from manila.Pero we lived there for 7months)

Church: Mactan Airbase Chapel
Reception: Crimson Resort and Spa
Coordinator: Tisha Cue of Bliss Unlimited
Gown: Dino Lloren
Photo: Marck Cantalejo
Video: Franz Arrogante
Stylist: Cuckoo clouds concepts
Make-Up: Vanessa Gamus
Accomodations: The Quest Hotel
Cake: cake art by desiree lopez
Souvenir: Alunsina  necklace journal (manila based)

I'll be posting supplier review once the weddings done and of course you can always ask me if you need anything. Happy preps sis:)

joanlim

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 09:38:43 am »
ay pls. do, i am eyeing Quest Hotel also, pero wow Crimson.. hehe.. anyway pls do with the rating specially with Franz Arrogante... Thank You in advance sis

Anyamcbeal

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 01:26:34 pm »
I got a great deal both from Crimson and Quest sis. We'll be shouldering the guests accomodation and Quest gave us a really great option  (they are really,really nice sis,plus the AE's are attentive). With Crimson naman, ay they are very nice as well (sister company sila,both filinvest companies). The quote they gave me were way cheaper than that of shang (with Shang,arms and legs ang presyo,although Shangrila is still Shangrila naman). Plus sis, I have a very small party, we are 31 pax in total,including na the kids.

I was eyeing Digital minds before, but my coordinator told me to get Franz, and since then I have been reviewing his work and I must say na he's really at great advantage compared with the others. Of course sis I am being bias hehe. But really, there are other budding videographers and photographers in cebu ( for photo you can see rock,paper scissors, shutterfairy, marlon capuyan, for videos yun nga digital minds, or thaal salboro,noel samson).

I hope you find the one that suits your taste best sis, enjoy the preps and dont hesitate to ask me if you need any info pa. I am very happy to help out.

joanlim

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 11:03:01 am »
so far we are at 200pax that's why it would be a bit too pricey, will definitely check your photo and video suggestions.. please do also give me feedback on the make-up artist, seems everyone is recommending Weng2x Zaspa but his too pricey for a group of 12 ... hahaha a year of preparation pa and i'm already stress.. hahaha

Anyamcbeal

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 02:08:20 pm »
@insanelypurpleprincess --thank you sis! And I am very excited too

Regarding Wenwen, we were supposed to get him but a year and half blocked na yung date ko with him. So isa siya sa hindi ko nakuhang supplier na gusto ko talaga sana. You can also try Jessie Glova, pareho ata sila ng rate ni wenwen din, I did not push through with him kasi blocked na din [textspeak!] date ko. I am happy naman witj Vanessa kasi I am following his fb account kaya medyo updated naman ako sa style nya.
Few more days and we'll be flying to cebu nakaka tense na.

insanelypurpleprincess

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 08:29:09 am »
@Anyamcbeal --- A wedding really does stimulate that kind of emotion. Anyhow, yes, grabe sina Wenwen and Jessie, usually more than a year ahead ang booking, pero again, depende sa date. Also, with Vanessa - magaling siya. Tried  once when siya yung nag handle sa akin as part of a team of my usual HMUA. So, I'd say, good choice with Vanessa, plus the rate is also very reasonable. Excited excited much for you sis!!!

joanlim

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 09:30:29 am »
wow another sister to guide me, thank you so much... honestly my mind is still so blah... main goal muna is to book the church.

@Anyamcbeal - super lapit na.!! so excited for you.

insanelypurpleprincess

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 11:56:46 am »
@joanlim - May date na ba? Usually naman Sacred Heart Church or Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral. :)

joanlim

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2013, 04:38:04 pm »
Feb. 28, 2015.. tagal pa since my sister and cousins from US wants to be present on the said day and they need 1-2 years lead time...

We were considering Sacred Heart but is it true that we can"t have Flower girls and ring bearer who have not received their first communion yet?

insanelypurpleprincess

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2013, 10:17:45 pm »
^ Wow! Tagal pa pala so ang dami dami dami mong opportunities to totally prepare for the big day. Anyway, go for Sacred Heart. Hindi true na that you can't have Flower Girls and Bearers who have not yet received the First Communion. I was just in a wedding there last 14 December and the kids were tiny. So super puede yan!

joanlim

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2013, 01:19:28 pm »
yey! really... will visit sacred heart soon... super like the structure... I hope it will push through

insanelypurpleprincess

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2013, 03:29:37 pm »
^ Yep, yep! You really should. If it is indeed set na your date, book it na as early as possible para di ka maunahan. You know how it is, kala mo matagal pa, next thing you know, it's already just a few months away :)

joanlim

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2014, 02:42:17 pm »
Sis @Anyamcbeal how was the wedding?

Anyamcbeal

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2014, 05:57:34 pm »
hello sis joanlim!!

Until now,two weeks after the wedding, I still have that "wedding hangover"... I could just not start to write a rating because I am just too high with everything about our wedding. It was perfect. Really. The weather was great, everyone looked beautiful, the set-up was beyond what I imagined.

But you'll have to forgive me muna for not going into full details muna kasi parang I am still not in the right state of mind to write a reliable review hehe! I am just too happy. Parang lasing lang. Ay!, oo nga pala I got drunk sa sarili kong party. A sign that I really had a blast...but I promise to give you a review within this week,dito ko nalang sa thread nato i-post para sa iyo at para sa future Cebu Brides. Meanwhile, enjoy this sde of our's by Franz Arrogante (if your planning to get him, ay go na sis!!he's good and really nice pa)
http://vimeo.com/m/83997063

till next post sis :)

lady_avoidant

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2014, 06:13:42 pm »
nice to know na may sariling thread na ang brides from cebu.. keep the suggestions coming guys...

insanelypurpleprincess

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2014, 03:40:50 pm »
@Anyamcbeal Best wishes! Saw your video from Franz and you guys looked amazing! Cheers to years of marital bliss!!!

joanlim

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2014, 06:34:55 pm »
@Anyamcbeal hi sis, so happy for you.. i am still in the process of making ligaw my fiance of getting Franz Arrogante, for the meantime we are considering Storyteller. really excited for your review and i so love your SDE... enjoy your honeymoon

hadrians

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2014, 03:49:37 pm »
Hi ladies,

Medyo nai-stress ako sa planning at alam kong late na ang start namin (we are targeting a Jan 2015 wedding).

Baka naman may mare-recommend kayong mga wedding coordinators na Cebu-based? We are an overseas couple and we are looking at hiring someone for full coordination. We appreciate any info you can share. :)

Thanks very much!

joanlim

  • Guest
Re: Cebu Brides
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2014, 07:38:46 pm »
hi sis @hadsians, im a february bride. so far we are considering Otep Empic Arnejo as our coordinator, he did my cousins wedding last year, she had nothing but high praises about him

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close