watch now

Author Topic: COPING UP WITH JET LAG  (Read 1499 times)

j_in_tokyo

  • Guest
COPING UP WITH JET LAG
« on: December 05, 2013, 11:39:15 am »
It will be my first time to travel to a different time zone, TOKYO-NEW YORK this new year.
Sa mga nakaranas na ng mga long haul flights, how do you cope with JET LAG?
any tips?

I will be leaving Tokyo at 12pm and will arrive at New York at 9AM (same day).
How did you adjust before and after the flight?

cmartinez1026

  • Guest
Re: COPING UP WITH JET LAG
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 12:40:29 pm »
When you're on the plane, adjust your watch to the time of your destination. For example, if you're flying to LA, adjust your watch to LA time and follow the LA timezone during the flight.

We used to make the mistake of sleeping on the plane on a 11:30 p.m. flight back to Manila. Bad idea.

Basically, force yourself to follow the schedule of the locals. When it's time to sleep, sleep. When it's daytime, go about with daily activities. :)

miSlovESka

  • Guest
Re: COPING UP WITH JET LAG
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 12:54:28 pm »
During day time watch movies, 30 minutes after the dinner has serve, try to sleep adjust your time watch to your destination and treat the day as an ordinary day off.

oreo08

  • Guest
Re: COPING UP WITH JET LAG
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 01:57:15 pm »
when we travelled from Adelaide to Amsterdam, basta pinilit ko matulog during the flight basta madilim sa labas... so ang tagal kong tulog lol

after the flight, ganun ulit... I slept basta gabi (tried to at least!) and stayed up basta may araw. It was difficult at first but eventually coped with it.

little_princess

  • Guest
Re: COPING UP WITH JET LAG
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 02:37:43 pm »
i check the time of arrival and make sure that i will try to adjust my sleeping time while still on the plane. when i get to the destination, i try not to nap odd hours and force myself to sleep on the right time. i also bring sleepasil to help me sleep

j_in_tokyo

  • Guest
Re: COPING UP WITH JET LAG
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 08:04:55 am »
okay lang kaya kumain sa plane while its night time sa destination namin?
dating kasi namin umaga na..
Or should we just sleep sa plane and just eat light? and sa new york na lang kumain ng heavy?

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: COPING UP WITH JET LAG
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 09:27:34 am »
Pre-flight: When I go to the US or Europe, I try to adjust to their time zone at least a day or two before my departure from MNL. Meaning I try to sleep and eat as near as possible to the time zone where I'm headed at. I also take lots of vitamin C to boost my immune system. And if I'll be arriving during the cold months, I try to acclimatize with their temperature by lowering my a/c's temp. 

Inflight: I try to lessen my caffeine or alcohol intake instead I take lots of water to keep me hydrated. Disadvantage lang here is you go banyo often which I don't really mind (got lots of alcohol and wipes with me!). I adjust my watch to the local time of my destination and follow the sleeping/waking hours.

Inflight food: I pre-order low-fat, low-cholesterol, low calorie airline food or just eat light. Bawi na lang when I get to my destination but don't overdo it din kasi aantukin ka. I also follow the eating hours of my destination kaya I would pass on the regular meal servings and just get myself light snacks from the galley.

I prefer taking night flights since I get to arrive during the day. Mapipilitan ka to fully adjust kaagad to that time zone. Don't be tempted lang to take a nap in the middle of the day at baka mapahaba tulog mo.

Try to hit the ground running. Pasyal kayo kaagad so when you get back to your hotel at the end of the day you'll be lights out in a snap. But then again try not to overdo your first day at baka magkasakit naman kayo specially if you'll be arriving during the cold months.

Last tip: Take business class. Tanggal jetlag and pagod mo.  ;D

 :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close