Author Topic: AM I BEING PUNISHED BY GOD?  (Read 3524 times)

oshiawase

• Senior GirlTalker
AM I BEING PUNISHED BY GOD?
« on: November 23, 2013, 04:44:22 am »
I feel so terrible now. For the past few weeks, so many unlucky things have been happening to me especially in my studies.

I always get called for questions I am not prepared for. I always study. And yet, i end up like this. While some of my classmates do not, they are so lucky. But for me, even if I kill myself exerting efforts and studying, I always end up with the worst.

This is so ironic because this seems to have started just when I started to become more prayerful and all.

i feel like quitting this whole thing. :(

I feel that God is punishing me for something.

zee87

• Junior GirlTalker
Re: AM I BEING PUNISHED BY GOD?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 05:18:23 am »
if we are going to think that God is punishing us everytime something bad happen to us...
so siguro, grabe ang kasalanan ng mga taong nawalan ng bahay at kabuhayan dahil sa bagyo at lindol.
siguro, yung mga namatay sa may magallanes nung may bus na nawalan ng preno, ganun din.
Siguro, yung mga batang nasa kalye at walang makain, matindi din ang kasalanan nila sa Diyos.

It's normal to feel sorry sometimes but im thinking you dwell so much on how unfortunate you are where in mas maraming tao ang mas unfortunate kesa sten. Di ko sinasabi na magpasalamat tayo dahil di nangyayari sten yung nangyayari sa iba. but we have to be thankful kung anong meron lang tayo.

Dont think that everytime something happens to you, pinaparusahan ka na agad. Baka naman kasi si Lord, may gustong ibigay na lesson sayo. Or mas may hinahanda sayong mas maganda.

As long as you are doing the right thing at wala kang tinatapakan na ibang tao, continue with what you're doing. Start with thanking God with what you have.

agape

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 10:33:54 pm »
God is not a punisher, he is a Savior.
Why blame God for all the bad? Why not the devil? Even Job experienced hardships, but it was not at God's hands, because God spared his life, and the devil took away everything from Job as a test.

Also remember that God is a Father, and he disciplines the children He loves.
Read your bible and get to know God better. He is good, and He is holy.
Every good and perfect gift comes from Him.
But the devil only comes to steal, kill and destroy.
Be strong and courageous.
Integrity, Ethics, Etiquette...

px17

• loves to be a
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 11:26:32 pm »
Masasabi ko lang. No one is being punished by God! Pray and Trust the Lord and everything will fall into places dear. :)

You can't always compare yourself with others. May iba iba tayong kakayahan at personalidad kung lagi mong ipapantay sarili mo sa iba mahirap ata yun. Everyone is unique. Example lang niyan magaling ako sa math tapos ikaw sa arts, Ganun lang yun.

Learn to Love yourself First! :)

luscious_lips

• GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 12:11:26 am »
I'm sure you are not being punished; you are being tested by God.. That happened to me as well when I started believing in God, and I almost gave up. It happens to many people as well. You are also being prepared by God to be strong. It's because having a true connection and relationship with God means you should be there not only in times of happiness but also in times of trial, just like other person who we have real connection with. Porke ba may problema ka, iiwan mo na Siya? This only means that your faith are still shallow.

Just remain faithful and pray continually. You'll see, pag ginawa mo un, you will reap good benefits later on. God has many promises in the bible for those who remain faithful to Him, at hindi Siya sinungaling.

Here are some of the verses I have found which can be related to this:

1 Peter 5:10
"And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you."

James 1:12 ESV
'
Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him."

1 Peter 1:7

"So that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ."

« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 12:13:39 am by luscious_lips »
"I guarantee there'll be tough times. I guarantee there'll be one day when one or both of us would want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I do not ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my lyf 'coz I know in my heart, u're the only one.

winkypops

• Live Boldly
  • Junior GirlTalker
    • My Simple Joy
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 01:27:39 am »
you are not being punished sis,pagsubok lang yan ni God para malaman nya at ma realize mo kung gaano kalakas ang faith mo sa kanya. Be strong and be positive always.

engr_neechee

• Junior GirlTalker
  • I'm in love with my Labrador Retriever
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 06:30:36 am »
Keep on praying. 

Medyo mababaw ang dahilan para isipin mong you are being punished. 

Prayer changes people who pray, not the circumstance.  Keep on praying.  It will lead you sa kung ano ang nararapat gawin. 
When you want something, the whole universe conspires on helping you to achieve it.

http://vimeo.com/56471638

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 09:56:18 am »
You may be studying hard but not getting to really understanding it all.
Go beyond the memorization level. You gotta be "deep" & connect everything you study about to current events & emerging trends.
Kelangan may "added value" ka to the course materials.

Is God punishing you? Nope.
You did not study as well/hard before --  you are just reaping what you sowed.

Mind this:
God helps those who help themselves.

shadow_man

• GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2013, 04:01:43 pm »
I feel so terrible now. For the past few weeks, so many unlucky things have been happening to me especially in my studies.

I always get called for questions I am not prepared for. I always study. And yet, i end up like this. While some of my classmates do not, they are so lucky. But for me, even if I kill myself exerting efforts and studying, I always end up with the worst.

This is so ironic because this seems to have started just when I started to become more prayerful and all.

i feel like quitting this whole thing. :(

I feel that God is punishing me for something.

No God is not punishing you, maybe its just you need to change your strategy. He will not punish you for studying hard, or doing good, maybe you just have to listen to Him and find out whats the reason behind your failing.

In the first place God might be giving you signs that this study you are pursuing is not really good for you. So why not try to find a field that will suit you best.

Remember the story of Job, he is a prayerful man but he lost all that is precious to him, did he rebel from God no, he kept of thanking God, and so God triumphed over the challenge of Satan, that man is faithful only to God when they are in abundance but take all that man loves and they will forget You (God), God was right, man loves Him even in times of trial. You dont know, satan is trying your faith specially now that you are more prayerful. Satan will bother not discourage those who do not have faith but those who have faith.

Finally, I remember this story of a man who prayed to God that, he will have his new car soon, instead what he received is a new pair of running shoes, he was so disappointed, later on he went to see doctor and was advised to do more jogging because he is in a high risk health situation. See, God knew exactly what we need before we ask for it, sometimes we ask something and its not granted not because God loves us less but because God loves us more and knew perfectly what we really need.

Keep your faith, pray for the gift of discernment and stay focused.

purple_tips

• Junior GirlTalker
  • full time beauty junkie
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 12:14:27 am »
Sis are you a law student? Wala lang based on your question mukhang maraming recitations. I get your point na sinasabi mo your classmates hindi nag aral tapos hindi din natatawag ng prof. Whereas you, up all night pero matatawag tapos yun kaisa isa mong di naaral or nabasa yun pa matatanong sayo. Tapos sasabihin ng prof i did not prepare for his class. It's like i read 48 cases out of 50 tapos ako yun natawag sa pang 49. Tapos yun iba 1 to 5 lang binasa tapos matatawag sila dun sa pang 1st, giving the prof the impression your classmate prepared well.

It felt unfair as in. Tapos sila nangongopya ako immemorize, analyze ko lahat. Sila ready na ang kodigo. Pero nun nag bar review na di sila sanay mag memorize kasi nabibigla sila. I am not saying it was easy for me din. Pero kung ako na nasanay sa level of difficulty na yun ay nahirapan na, what more sila?

I passed the bar exams on my first take. A lot failed (i am not saying those who failed did not study)

Just keep on doing what you are doing. Pray always. God reveals everything in His perfect time.

Nothing may make sense now because yun frustration mo matindi. Ilabas mo lahat, talk to God. Tomorrow balik ka ulit sa books mo. Pray ulit.

I felt the same way before sabi ko it feels so unfair kasi hanggang weekends nagaaral ako. I don't go out with friends and family. After mag church uwi ako agad. Routine ko yan for 4 years. Tapos yun iba, they watch movies before coming to class, nagiinuman sa gabi. Believe me alot of them graduated from law school doing that. Sa bar exams lang di nakalusot. (Not to say that i am happy they failed, just stating what happened).

God bless sis!

oshiawase

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 06:44:03 am »
^ i am not yet in law school (i plan to enter law school though) but the discipline here in my school is something like that too.

thank you for your comment. i really appreciate it!!!

engr_neechee

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 06:54:47 am »
sis purple_tips,

that was very well said and sana nakatulong kay TS.

Reading through this and talking to a friend a while ago, lahat ng tao pare-pareho ang level of stress/frustrations.  Like sa case ko, I feel to frustrated ngayon.  I hope readers don't mind if i share.

I got married towards the end of 2012.  That time, my hubby had many consulting jobs (part time jobs) and to think na sobra-sobra sa amin yung kinikita namin.  Pero narealize namin na bibigay ang katawan niya and I told him to stop.  Stopping meant PhP 35k cut out from our monthly income.

I came from a family that was always abundant.  Walang credit card debts, buys cars in cash, can spend on construction without a sweat. 

Then I got married.  First, we have three insurance policies to pay and one mutual fund.  Steps to para mapaghandaan ang pagtanda namin.

Yung house na tinitirhan namin is hand-me-down from my parents but it badly needs renovation.  Last Sunday kausap namin ang architect, in front of my mom.  We need to raise 500k.  Pwede i-loan, but i don't want to burden myself sa pagbabayad ng monthly. 

If we compute our monthly income, tamang-tama lang sa amin.  But we spent the last year travelling around the country kasi that was one of our reasons for marrying - to travel together.  Ngayon, hindi ko alam kung saan ko kukuhain yang 500k na need pamparenovate.  I have a condo in Paranaque na pinaparent ko ng sagad sa puhunan (kasi standard ang rental price dun sa place.  anything above that, walang uupa).  Kapag nabenta itong condo na ito, tapos ang problema ko.  Kung hindi mabenta, option ko is lumipat ng trabaho - but it's also frustrating na hindi dumarating yung talagang para sa akin.  Alam nyo yung feeling na lahat ng contemporaries ko may nalipatan nang iba and the pay is super okay na for them?  Pero maganda ang sked sa present job ko, okay ang mga tao and magkasama kami ni hubby sa office.  Pay lang ang problema saka ang layo.  Tapos sinasagot pa ng company ang mga certification exams ko.  Pinromote kami parehong mag-asawa (sa market value and dagdag work pero ang increase, wag nang asahan).  Alam nyo yung feeling na ayaw umayon?

But still, if I look back to 2013, ang daming blessings na hindi ko hiningi pero binigay sa akin:  awards, promotion, pasadong exams.  Kaya nga sabi, huwag hanapin yung wala. 

Ngayon I feel sorry for myself for getting frustrated kung saan kukunin yung 500k.  Ayoko na rin humiram sa parents ko.  Lalo na, big girl na ako.  Ibang family na kami ng asawa ko.  We have to work this on our own.

Sa ngayon, dasal dasal lang talaga ang maaari kong gawin. 

Did I ever think I was being punished by God? No.  I didn't.  Iniisip ko he has better plans for me.  Na darating yung tamang timing sa kasagutan sa mga dasal ko.  Pero gosh! Stressed na stressed ako!  Dagdag mo pa na pinepressure ako ng Mommy ko na ipagawa yung bahay ko.  Dagdag mo pa yung pressure na gusto daw mag-aral ng Law ng asawa ko sa June.  Hindi ko na alam talaga ang gagawin ko. 

Chill lang ang asawa ko eh.  Ako lang yung stressed.  Sabi niya, "walang nalumpo sa atin.  Pareho pa tayong nagtatrabaho.  Susweldo pa rin tayo tuwing 15 at 30.  Ano bang problema mo?"

Siguro may mali ako sa pagbubudget.  Siguro masyadong malaki ang nagastos namin for travel (but still, blessing pa rin na napuntahan namin yung mga lugar na yon.)

I boils down to I have to adjust.  So God, please help me.  Dasal ako nang dasal pero feeling ko rin ayaw ako pakinggan.  Iniisip ko hindi naman ako masamang tao.  Nagkulang siguro ako sa pagpapatawad sa mga taong nasaktan ako. 

I hope things would eventually make sense for me.  Like what I've said before, prayer changes the person who prays and not necessarily the circumstance.  Help me, God. 

(Gosh dumagdag pa ako sa bigat ng dinadala ng thread na ito, sorry).
When you want something, the whole universe conspires on helping you to achieve it.

shadow_man

• GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2014, 06:47:06 am »
engr_neechee I guess though, that financial loss if I may call it a loss is a worth it loss. In life either we keep busy dying or we keep busy living. So what if u earn a lot but health is prejudiced or even quality time with each other.

Your financial issue will be solved soon, what is important is you made a good choice, enjoy life together, more quality time together, keep busy living-living happily together. God Bless.

swiTsuplada

• Senior GirlTalker
  • *no room for sadness*
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2014, 01:52:11 pm »
Pasensya na po sa TS kasi I'm feeling the same way too right now.

You see, I'm jobless since December at kahit araw-araw pa akong maghanap ng work wala pa ding resulta. Aside from that, nandyan siyempre ang bills at food na hindi ko naman pwede hindi problemahin. My soon-to-be hubby although me work siya pero hindi naman sapat sa aming 3 kaso nagpapaaral kami ng anak namin at kapatid niya. Isa pa, andami niya ng loans na binabayaran. Naisangla na namin lahat ng pwedeng isanla. Ang hirap ding manghiram ng wala kang maipangako kung kelan mo mababayaran.

This week, due na utilities namin. We're also out of stock na ng food.

Next week, exams na ng anak ko and hindi na kami makakapag-promissory since we did that last month already.

Sa paniniwala ko hindi naman ako masamang tao pero sa nangyayari sa amin ngayon nandyan na nararamdaman ko ang inggit at kung ano2x pang masamang pwede ko maisip. Me point na nagtatampo na ko sa Kanya, kasi alam kong hindi ako madamot pero bakit kami napagdadamutan ngayon. Sometimes I remind myself na wala akong karapatang magtanong. Pero kapag nandyan na ang mga naniningil--- nanghihina na ang loob ko.

Nakapag-ipon naman kami dati pero dahil sa tagal kong nawalan ng trabaho (from 2012 ilang beses akong nawalan ng job contracts) naubos din. Halos ng pwedeng gawin para mapansin application ko ginawa ko na magkatrabaho lang. Nagtry na din kaming maghanap ng work abroad pero malabo pa din. I don't know what to do anymore.

Sorry mga sis, I just need to vent this out. I really feel at times na He is punishing me. Naaawa na ko sa family ko hindi ko sila matulungan.
I've learned that no matter how much I care, some people are just jackasses.

engr_neechee

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2014, 06:26:16 am »
^Hi sis,

Just hang in there.  God's grace is sufficient.  There's nothing given to us that we can't handle.

OT:  Would you mind sending your resume to me sa chee_qt@yahoo.com?

Sana may maitulong ako.

swiTsuplada

• Senior GirlTalker
  • *no room for sadness*
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2014, 09:32:58 am »
Thank you sis! Na-touch naman ako sa offer mo to help. Sana nga magkatrabaho na 'ko, nade-depress na ko kakaisip ng mga bayarin namin. Di na maiwasan ang pressure since 0 balance na kami.

Nakakahiya talaga lalo na sa situation na lugmok na lugmok na kami. Kaya sana Lord matapos na 'tong pagsubok mo sa 'min. Kawawa naman anak ko. She doesn't deserve to be burdened with my trials. :(

the_witness

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 11:01:49 pm »
Hi Sis,

"punishment" or "pagsubok" or "problema" or "pitik" from our loving God? According to His Word the Bible, NO Never yun manggagaling sa Kanya.

(James 1:13) 13 When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone.

This might bring the account of JOB to your mind, pero yung mga problema ni Job nanggaling lahat yun sa devil. In-allow ng Diyos na mangyari yun for a very significant reason (to prove to the devil that Job would be faithful under trials and bandang huli doble ang rewards kay Job di ba?) Ina-allow (he lets it happen again for a very significant reason din) niya ang trials but that is absolutely different sa Siya ang mismong nagbigay.  Job's account is not in the Bible for no reason, it serves as a great example to us.  We  could follow Job's course na we show faith not just during happy times and but also during trials di ba?

If anything, sa Kanya pa nga nanggaling ang lakas para ma-endure ang mga problems/trials - Philippians 4:13

This is one of my favorite favorite scriptures:

(1 Corinthians 10:13) 13 No temptation has taken YOU except what is common to men. But God is faithful, and he will not let YOU be tempted beyond what YOU can bear, but along with the temptation he will also make the way out in order for YOU to be able to endure it.

1 John 4:8 --- God is love, (not God "has" love). It is His very essence, or nature.

Smile sis.
jw.org

swiTsuplada

• Senior GirlTalker
  • *no room for sadness*
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 11:31:13 pm »
Thank you for the enlightening words sis. Everyday is a battle between holding on & keep waiting or giving up.

Ang hirap. Bahala na Siya kung ano ang gusto Niya for us. Pero hirap na ang kalooban ko. :(

the_witness

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 12:02:12 am »
Sis,

Always remember, hindi permanent ang situation na yan, pag may problema laging may solution, kelangan natin patience at soundness of mind para ma-tackle ang problema and kita mo eventually mababago ang situation mo. Di ba sabi nga nila pag andun ka sa bottom wala ka ng ibang direction kundi to go up?   Of course, alam ko naman madaling sabihin at mahirap gawin especially pag andun ka na sa situation itself but walang maitutulong ang anxiety . Anong sabi ng ating panginoong Jesus?  Undue anxiety will never help you to solve whatever problems we face. It will not, for example, help us to live longer. It will not “add one cubit to [your] life span (Matthew 6:27)

(1 Peter 5:6, 7) 6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt YOU in due time; 7 while YOU throw all YOUR anxiety upon him, because he cares for YOU. . .

Parang bola ng basketball sis ang anxieties, pag binato na natin sa Diyos after prayers, it means binato na natin sa Kanya, hindi na natin kukunin ulit yung bola di ba? It means, let Him answer your prayers and deal with helping you (while you also do your part).  Now,  God's wisdom hindi natin ka-level, He might answer our prayers NOT in a way na gusto natin but rest assured, He is the hearer of prayer, He knows our hearts, hindi pa nga natin sinasabi sa Kanya, Alam na niya kaya mas alam niya kung pano niya sasagutin ang prayers natin.

We all have different problems talaga sis. We all have to manifest endurance and patience.  Check mo yung James 1:2 - 3

(James 1:2-4) 2 Consider it all joy, my brothers, when YOU meet with various trials, 3 knowing as YOU do that this tested quality of YOUR faith works out endurance. 4 But let endurance have its work complete, that YOU may be complete and sound in all respects, not lacking in anything.

Sis, you will notice, I don't give my own opinions in my response for the most part. I use God's word as my manual in life, after all, His words are perfect and flawless and useful in all things (2 Timothy 3:16) and He created us so He knows us.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 12:06:18 am by the_witness »
jw.org

swiTsuplada

• Senior GirlTalker
  • *no room for sadness*
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 01:30:01 pm »
Thanks again sis. I feel your sincerity. God bless you.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close