Author Topic: ALL ABOUT IVF Thread V  (Read 12648 times)

au_chic

• Cancer Survivor, MD and
  • Junior GirlTalker
Re: ALL ABOUT IVF Thread V
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2015, 10:34:38 pm »
@cherry143: sis, the various ob/gyne doctors who used to handle my case before said they used to refer patients to Taiwan for IVF because of its affordability.

There is an alternative in Makati now :) search for Kato Repro Biotech Center :)

You can PM me your email so I can share a detailed expenses list of our experience in Kato and St. Lukes CARMI.

trumpetclive

• GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2015, 10:08:52 pm »
Hi there!

I've been reading some posts about IVF and there's so much to absorb! We're considering Kato, Carmi or taiwan for ivf. Based on what we've read so far, Taiwan  has the a higher success rateI among the 3 and more affordable than Makati Med/Carmi. Kato almost has the same success rate as carmi but more affordable. I've had my initial lab tests in carmi that's why we're considering them. I hope someone could give advise on any of these.

crzysxycl

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2015, 09:52:30 am »
Hi sisses! Ask ko lang kung pwede magpa IVF kahit may endo? Nabasa ko kasi sa kabilang thread may isang sis dun na pinaalis muna cyst nya bago nagpa IVF. Thanks!

au_chic

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2015, 01:35:26 pm »
@trumpetclive: we had one cycle of IVF in CARMI this March 2015. 5 eggs retrieved, 5 were fertilized, 2 Grade A embryos put back (chemical pregnancy lang), and the 3 Grade B we frozen. When CARMI thawed the 3 embryos for my supposedly frozen transfer the next month, all of them died in the petri dish :'( Everything there cost around 500k.

Taiwan's IVF cycle is around 250k, but there are additional expenses of plane tickets and accommodation :(

Kato's minimal stimulation cycle is around 300k for a complete cycle. Their natural cycle (no injections) is around 250k for a complete cycle. I am currently 15 weeks pregnant from Kato's natural cycle :)

@cryzysxycl: Sis, it depends on the location of your endometriosis :) the location is very variable. I have endometriosis rin sa stump of where my left fallopian tube was cut, pero they opted not to remove it since I have adhesions from my 3 abdominal operations 8 years ago.

n_moviehouse

• GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2015, 05:52:51 pm »
hi sisses, Ive been lurking this thread for several years. 6 years ago, I tried AI with Dra Martinez but it was BFN. Now my husband wants us to try again. Kindly adivise me what to do first? should I go directly to IVF or try AI first. Dra Martinez did a "Hesto" something on me bfore where the Fllopian tube is cleaned with dye. And unfortunately only one tube is barely functioning. kung sa canal pa eh, barado na yung isa, at isa nalang ang medyo malinis pero onti nalang ang space for the egg or sperm to travel on. Thanks for any advise.

crzysxycl

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2015, 06:13:55 pm »
^^thanks sa reply sis and congrats! :) sana pwede kami for natural cycle kung sakali.

au_chic

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2015, 09:04:27 pm »
^thanks sis :) we actually did 1 minimal stims cycle, which was what they recommended there (2 eggs frozen, no transfer), 1 natural the next month (1 egg frozen, 1 put back-negative), and another natural cycle (1 egg put back in my uterus) which got us the pregnancy :) IVF is not 100%, pero it has the highest success rate :)

@n_moviehouse: Was it a hysterosalpingogram? :)
Here are the facts you need to know:
1. Artificial insemination or Intrauterine Insemination - its success rate is only 10-20%. That means 9 out 10 women who did it received bad news.
2. IVF's success rate is 30-40%. That means 2 out of 3 women who underwent IVF did not get pregnant.

crzysxycl

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2015, 09:59:00 pm »
^happy for you sis. :) medyo nosebleed pa ako sa terms, di pa kasi ko tapos mag backread haha.

trumpetclive

• GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2015, 10:18:14 am »
@au_chic thanks for the info and congratulations on your pregnancy :) Kato seems to be the most practical among the 3. Did you attend their seminar prior to the first consultation? We missed their seminar last September and they don't have a schedule for the next one yet.

In prep for our intended IVF, we just take vitamis and supplements (c, folic, e, coq10)

@crzysxycl pareho tayo nosebleed pa! Lol. I've been trying to backread during my free time but there's a lot to catch up on. Do you have the link for the previous IVF threads? I only see the latest one, yung V.

crzysxycl

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2015, 10:05:17 pm »
^yung recent lang din ang meron ako sis, haven't tried searching for the older threads. True, daming kailangan iabsorb. :)

au_chic

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2015, 11:31:58 pm »
^^no sis, hindi na kami nag-seminar :) i personally think there's no need na, pero that's just me O_o

You can search Kato Philippines Support Group in FB to check out the success (or not-so-success) stories shared by our TTC sisters :) you have to use your personal FB profile though, hindi allowed ang dummy profile :)

n_moviehouse

• GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2017, 02:05:01 pm »
@au_chic hello and how are you?, I am now in the process of transferring my frozen embryo at CARMI when I remembered your post. If you dont mind may I ask kung anong binigay na reason ng CARMI for the death of the thawed embryos? I really am worried too. Baka pag inischedule na ako i biglang wala pala. FYI, nagavail pala ako ng PGD and [textspeak!] nagiisang FET na yun ang normal. Thanks for any info.

Cherry143

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2017, 03:01:52 am »
Hello sisses! Just want to share update. Our ttc journey is now over!  I have my 2nd baby via FET from Dr. Lee Taiwan last Nov2016, and have given birth already!
My 1st baby was 6yrs ago from our 1st ivf, done in dr. Lee taiwan.
Just a short recap of my ttc challenge:
Endometriosis with hydrosalpinx. 2x laparoscopy with hydrosalpingectomy so my tubes were clipped.
No iui.
Apas, gestational diabetes, total thyroidecromy.
Shortened cervix so bedrest ako on both pregnancies.
Cerclage in the 2nd baby.
Bleeding -meron, nacoconfine ako.
Ayan. So sisses don't give up! Baby dust!

HMisabelle

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Mrs. T
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2019, 06:58:45 am »
^How much sis was your ivf? And other expenses?
Mark 11:24- "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."

Psalms 37:4- "Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart."

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close