watch now

Author Topic: Singapore (Thread 23)  (Read 68298 times)

smm_0411

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #500 on: March 08, 2014, 06:02:34 pm »
Hangang kelan kaya ang haze?  First week of April ang family travel namin.  :-(

cindylulu

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #501 on: March 08, 2014, 06:28:38 pm »
@sisPP201, I was waiting for my hubby to come out of the fitting room sa 3rd floor of h&m at orchard when I saw women coming out of the other cubicles as well. I thought kasi pang men's lang doon, and since I was going to fit some clothes too, might as well fit here na lang kesa bababa pa ko. when hubby came out and handed the clothes to that young Malay manning the the fitting room, I spoke with hubby in Tagalog na dyan na lang din ako magfifit. at the same time may pumasok na Chinese girl din sa isang cubicle. i told that Malay I would fit some clothes. he asked me how many clothes do I need to fit. I said 3. He pointed me to a cubicle nearest him. I said dun lang ako sa may looban kasi may bench dun na pwedeng mag antay si hubby. At that time there was a boy sitting at the bench and apparently waiting for his companion to come out of the cubicle too. That Malay quim suddenly muttered something like "you Filipinos..." and disrespectfully threw the number at me. syempre I got angry at him, "we are clients here and you are here to serve us. If not for our money you will not be enjoying your salary". and after I fitted, sadya kong tinapon din ang mga clothes and ang number sa kanya sabay sabi, "what's your name? You're quim? wait till I report your attitude to the management. Who knows your management team might be headed by a Filipino". syempre bluff lang din yun sa part ko pero malay natin baka pinoy nga talaga ang manager dun hahaha. swerte ng Malay na yan nagmamadali kami ni hubby kaya hindi na ako nag file ng complaint sa customer service. which remind me I have to email h&m pala about this.

GirlCrush

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #502 on: March 09, 2014, 12:34:29 am »
tamarind26, saw a bunch of N95 masks at Cold Storage at Katong mga 8 boxes siguro, not sure at Guardian... Better if he can buy nalang in Manila to be sure. Tsaka ask him to buy an air purifier na rin habang may stocks pa sa Best... :)

cindylulu, Better if you email H&M about it. TBH I have yet to meet a gracious and accommodating SA here in most major stores (with the exception of Pinoy staff) :-X Ilan beset na ako naka encounter ng mga tamad kumuha ng stocks, sasabihin wala daw pero d naman tinitignan sa stock room, and the likes. I think possible yung nagasikaso sa inyo is part timer..  ::)

tamarind26

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #503 on: March 09, 2014, 12:48:46 am »
Thanks @Girlcrush. I'll ask him to buy air purifier nalang since he insists on not wearing a mask ... lol. Hay sana mawala na yang haze na yan.

blue-purple

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #504 on: March 09, 2014, 02:16:25 am »
Kami March 15-22 :( wahhh anlapit na; sana mawala na yung haze. bought N95 mask na from Ace hardware just in case kailangan.

scents01

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #505 on: March 09, 2014, 07:53:10 pm »
Oh my.. May haze pala sa sg, i'll be there on the 18th, currently preggy pa naman.. Sana naman hindi na malala :(

xtine

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #506 on: March 09, 2014, 08:33:35 pm »
I was actually out for the iLights SG sa marina bay sands last night, so far maraming tao sa labas and haze is not very visible.  I still recommend coming here this March as the haze will be much worse around April - May according to NEA.  The PSI reading today is still under 50 which is "Good".

My mom and aunt will be arriving in two weeks and they were deeply concerned because of the haze as may edad na rin sila and cannot tolerate heavy smog.  I told them its okay to come this march rather than postponing it to wait for clearer skies kasi baka around June pa yun (although the heaviest haze was recorded on June - July 2013)

scents01

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #507 on: March 09, 2014, 09:49:38 pm »
^thanks for the heads up sis!
Work related din kasi pagpunta ko ng sg bago ako manganak sa katapusan..

GirlCrush

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #508 on: March 10, 2014, 12:45:51 am »
^^The reading for PM 2.5 ba yun medyo mataas nung friday.. Haze here is normally around June - August but this year it's going to be earlier daw, and longer.
 We just received a letter few days ago, distributed by the town council regarding this year's haze  :-\

I noticed mas hazy pagdating ng hapon. My throat usually acts up around this time too :(

smm_0411

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #509 on: March 10, 2014, 12:47:21 am »
Hi sis xtine,  does it mean na mas grabe ang haze by April.  Nandyan kasi kami ng April 7 to 12? Thanks

xtine

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #510 on: March 10, 2014, 09:53:32 am »
^Hi sis, there's a prediction that the haze will heighten around May.  Unfortunately damay na ang month of april.  If you can try to reschedule your trip around July or August siguro mas okay.  Although I can't say that the haze will go away by april, most probably it'll stay around that time. 

Papasok na ang haze season.  You won't be able to take panoramic pictures kasi most of the tourist spots will be covered in smog. 

PP2201

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #511 on: March 10, 2014, 01:01:05 pm »
Question po about haze, buong sg ba ang covered pati sentosa? Sentosa kasi nasa lower portion na.

littlemissbiatch

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #512 on: March 10, 2014, 01:34:55 pm »
^ Yes. Last year they even had to close down some attractions due to the haze.

kayesl

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #513 on: March 10, 2014, 03:49:41 pm »
SG is in a dry spell. the haze right now is not even coming daw from Indonesia (where the haze last year was from).  From Malaysia daw yung haze ngayon kasi dry spell din sila.  pasalamat pa nga ang SG kasi from SG to Indonesia ang hangin. pag nagbago ng direksyon, lagot na naman tayo...
napapansin ko from 4pm-9pm ang peak ng haze the past few days.  pero nasa moderate range pa din naman.
if you are from Manila and going to SG, basta nasa moderate range pa yung haze, no need to panic. sanay pa ang baga natin. kasi ganon ang level ng pollution sa manila. (moderate is PSI of 51-100).  kahit yung PM2.5, halos same same pa ng Manila.  kakaiba lang kasi ang amoy ng haze dito. amoy sunog na bukid.  ang haze sa Manila, amoy tambutso ng sasakyan.
wala pa naman akong nakikitang naka-N95 mask.  pag nakaka-irita sa ilong yung amoy ng haze, I use a 3-ply mask lang muna.  ang hirap din kasing huminga ng maayos sa N95.

smm_0411

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #514 on: March 10, 2014, 05:35:14 pm »
^Hi sis, there's a prediction that the haze will heighten around May.  Unfortunately damay na ang month of april.  If you can try to reschedule your trip around July or August siguro mas okay.  Although I can't say that the haze will go away by april, most probably it'll stay around that time. 

Papasok na ang haze season.  You won't be able to take panoramic pictures kasi most of the tourist spots will be covered in smog.

Thanks sis. I can't reschedule our travel since 3 weeks lang vacation ko sa pinas.  Sayang yung ticket namin, promo ng cebu pac kaya non refundable.   :(

PP2201

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #515 on: March 10, 2014, 06:23:17 pm »
Hay. So malamang no outdoor dining ito. So sad. Excited pa man din ako talaga. My friend was there last june. Lage daw silang nasa mall lang talaga. Haha

sweety_paige

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #516 on: March 10, 2014, 07:55:20 pm »
ano mas maganda mga sis? yung zoo or night safari?


food trip (anong restos ang sikat diyan na wala dito sa Manila?)


No signboard seafood - chili crab and hakaw
todai for me is not bad din.
poulet - nasarapan ako sa chicken niya.

m_lim

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #517 on: March 10, 2014, 10:47:26 pm »
ano kaya mas ok? RELC International or YMCA?

pareho sa Orchard area. mas malaki ata rooms ng RELC pero 10min walk pa to Orchard. di ko alam kung madaming kainan/ pasyalan pagbaba na mismo ng hotel

GirlCrush

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #518 on: March 11, 2014, 12:56:04 am »
Hi sis xtine,  does it mean na mas grabe ang haze by April.  Nandyan kasi kami ng April 7 to 12? Thanks
Ok pa April I think kasi usually ang simula ng pag heighten ng kaingin sa Indonesia is pag mga May-July...

I'm hoping na maudlin muna ang haze habang may pasok pa ang mga bata, i'm getting worried kasi asthmatic ang youngest ko :(
Question po about haze, buong sg ba ang covered pati sentosa? Sentosa kasi nasa lower portion na.
YES. Even Malaysia was badly affected...

sherlock

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #519 on: March 11, 2014, 11:45:11 am »
ma-haze na? we'll be there pa naman from march 16-19. need na ba talaga ng n95 na mask? how much yun sa ace hardware?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close