watch now

Author Topic: Singapore (Thread 23)  (Read 68714 times)

kayesl

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #140 on: December 16, 2013, 08:37:28 pm »
^  airlines catering SG to MLA
- Cebu Pacific
- Jetstar
- PAL Express
- PAL
- Singapore Airlines
- Tiger Air

lahat yan nagsa-sale naman. kailangan mo lang mag-abang. subscribe/sign-up ka na lang email newsletter nila or i-add mo sila sa FB to get the latest sale info

xtine

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #141 on: December 16, 2013, 11:31:58 pm »
^ true. hindi kasama yung pilipinas sa list ng countries na pwede magdala ng beef at pork sa Singapore.
may friend ako na na-confiscate-an ng lechon  (with matching lecture ng customs officer at pamphlet for future reference :-\). pero madami din naman nakakalusot, since not every bag naman ini-inspect.

I dunno ha, pero I have monterey sisig (500grams), longganisa, tender juicy hotdog and adobo cooked by my mom when I arrived here (Nov 5, 2013).

My mom who visited me last september (2013) brought me tender juicy hotdog and longganisa as well. 

Me naman, every  uwi ko (once every two months), I bring 1 kilo of Ikea meatballs, plums, cherry tomatoes. 

So I am not sure if its really bawal.  My housemates have tocino and longganisa from somebody who visited them here in SG.

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #142 on: December 17, 2013, 07:07:32 am »
On bringing meat products, I guess timing-timing lang. Pag napili ka for inspection, then baka maconfiscate nga. But in my experience, ilang beses na din ako nakapagdala from Manila to SG (like hotdog, lechon, tuna, daing na bangus, etc). I always pack them properly para di mangamoy food ang maleta ko.

I think generally e bawal ang meat and meat products, but yun nga, swertihan na lang. Even in Narita, nakapagdala ako TJ hotdogs and lechon for my brother.

littlemissbiatch

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #143 on: December 17, 2013, 11:00:55 am »
^^ I'm not saying naman na walang nakakapagdala ng meat products to SG. I was able to bring chicharon and corned beef din dati. Pero, on paper, it's not allowed.

You can check this link here: http://www.ava.gov.sg/InformationForTravellers/BringFood/index.htm

No permit is required if small amount of food products are brought in from approved sources for personal consumption. And hindi kasama yung Pinas sa approved sources ng beef/pork (fish pwede).

Naging aware lang din ako dito when my friend's lechon got confiscated at the airport, kasi I was outside waiting for him (sabay kami sa flight). Wala naman masyado trouble, ni-confiscate lang, pero medyo napagalitan siya nung customs officer since PR siya (and they noted his IC number).

Pero yun nga, since hindi naman ni-i-inspect lahat, very rarely naman na may na-c-confiscate. Especially sa check-in na luggage, I think di na papansinin.  ;)

xtine

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #144 on: December 17, 2013, 03:53:39 pm »
^My friend brought Cebu Lechon in a big tupperware just last August 2013.  I think the lechon your friend brought is a whole pig? or in a very huge quantity? 

My friend only brought 2 kg, pinalagpas naman. 

kayesl

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #145 on: December 17, 2013, 04:43:19 pm »
We are not supposed to bring in any meat product from the Philippines to SG because it is not allowed.

that being said, i think we should not brag about the different meat products we were able to bring in kasi pede sya talagang kumpiskahin. swerte lang natin at hindi sya nakukumpiska.  i've been in the SG thread for quite a while now, and we always discourage any activity na bawal sa SG.  we've already posted the link of what we can and cannot bring in.  sa ating past experience may mga nakakalusot.  up to the traveler na lang if they want to take that risk   ;) :)   

yun lang pow.  :)




littlemissbiatch

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #146 on: December 17, 2013, 07:22:59 pm »
^^ Ay no, not one whole pig. Grabeng iyak niya siguro if ipatapon sa kanya yung isang buong pig lol. Less than 1kg lang yung dala nya nun.

I don't contest naman the fact that people are able to bring in meat products. But like what kayesl said above, as per SG regulations it's not allowed, regardless of quantity, so it's not something I would encourage :)

pinksuman

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #147 on: December 19, 2013, 04:03:06 pm »
tamarind26,
I'm not too sure what kind of water puede sa baby mo. Any bottled water will do naman. If sigurista ka then just boil it na lang from the hotel normally may electric water kettle naman sa room.
But me personally I have a 2 year old kid and nung infant pa sya  I just boil the tap water and ok na so hiyang na sya up till now. Just to be on the safe side any bottled water will do.

bratty,
mama ko nga gusto ring magdala ng fiesta ham pero natakot hehe :)

GirlCrush,
If last 2 years pa yung bugis crossing experience mo then that's Illuma Mall and they renovated now and got a new name of Bugis+. Better sya and they build this overhead covered bridge linking from the 2 malls.
Hassle talaga yang Bugis crossing because I experience na mag-over the bakod on my long hehe. Maslalo na kung nagmamadali hehe :)

littlemissbiatch,
Kawawa naman ang friend mo at na lecture pa because syempre PR sya and he/she should know na bawal nga. Nagkataon lang talaga na sya ang na check and nagkataon din na may dalang pagkain.
PR pa naman ako. Takot tuloy ako. hehe. Gusto ko pa naman magdala ng spicy lechon ng Rico's na grabe ang sarap just by thinking of it.

kayesi,
Tama ka sis. Bawala is bawal so para no hassle na lang just don't bring those foods. Maganda kung lahat po tayong mga pinoy law abiding. Parati na lang hot seat ditto ang mga foreigners like us ;)

Weather report is that it's always raining here in SG so always bring your umbrella. Lapit na pasko. Work work parin me.



tamarind26

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #148 on: December 19, 2013, 04:37:48 pm »
Thanks sa mga recos mga sis. Meron palang Sheng Siong near the apartment and marami silang stock ng distilled water.  Alpheus yung nabili ko.

I also bought Singtel sim so I can text hubby while he's at work. Hirap rin magkulong sa room, nagwawala si baby dahil sa boredom. Problem ko naman sa sim ko, madaling maubos ang load in less than a day, 1 local text lang and no calls, meron naman wifi sa house. Ginawa ko now naka airplane mode nalang yung phone while nasa bahay ako :(

GirlCrush

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #149 on: December 19, 2013, 06:44:24 pm »
^^pinksuman, I was talking about the stoplight intersection mismo from Bugis Village to Bugis Junction where I got stuck a few times before with a pram on tow.. I never mentioned Illuma mall in my previous posts :)

little_princess

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #150 on: December 20, 2013, 03:18:30 pm »
is Dec 30 and 31 a holiady in SG? Planning on our trip and would want to avoid the crowd.

Is USS and SEA aquarium do-able in 1 day?
How about River Safari?

GirlCrush

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #151 on: December 21, 2013, 01:40:00 am »
^Not a holiday but there's still a lot of people due to school holiday here in the country... USS/SEA doable in 1 day, River Safari is also 1 day.

pinksuman

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #152 on: December 26, 2013, 03:22:49 pm »
GirlCrush,
hahaha...sorry...but I know what you mean about that stoplight intersection.
but now easier na coz bugis village is just beside bugis + (formerly illuma) and may airconditioned bridge / intersecting from these 2 malls so less hassle na ang pagtawid :) pero dami parin akong nakikita tumatawid syempre sa open space. ngayon I think easier na kesa date.

Enjoy sa mga bakasyonista. Daming sale. Nina nas plaza singapura me and daming sale especially sa marks & spencer na goodies and toiletries nila. Well I just bought 2 neckties for my dad in law na $39. I think the price is ok na coz one tie sa G200 is $53++ na na may 40% off so mga $31 something na lang eh konti na lang 2 ties na sa Marks and Spencer eh :) Tanda ko nun sa pinas pa me hindi ako makapasok sa marks and spencer coz I know I can't afford it pero ngayon ok na :)
Sa mga shoppers dito ok na ba yung $39 marks and spencer na nectie? Is it cheaper ba sa pinas?

TIA!

- nice weather today syempre maulan parin and daming shoppers parin -

watch out for the new year countdown and fireworks display sa marina. libre sya pero daming tao. if your going be ready to walk very far coz hirap makahanap ng taxi nyan pauwe pero dami din naming party dyan like Clarke quay, sentosa etc

u8mypinkcookies

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #153 on: December 26, 2013, 06:25:40 pm »
^ yehey! Daming sale? :) naexcite naman ako. Leaving this weekend going to SG for new year :)

San kaya okay mag-NY Eve media noche? Hehe. After namin manood ng fireworks sa Marina Bay, we might eat out. Yung yummy na di super mahal. :)

Sana we can be lucky to try Tim Ho Wan, good luck sa pila :)

little_princess

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #154 on: December 26, 2013, 09:58:04 pm »
^ we're leaving on the 28th and finally settled on having NYE dinner at Carousel which is convenient kasi it's also where we are staying.

yeah, may sale na ba? :) Watching out for end of season sale.

scents01

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #155 on: December 26, 2013, 11:49:50 pm »
Yep, ang daming sale grabe.. Sa isetan, takashimaya, topshop, abercrombie, halos ata lahat along orchard haha

Scored a paul and joe foundation for only sgd10, original price at sgd63. Boxers at aeropostale 3 for sgd30, original price at sgd30 each. And my gucci wallet is on sale too. Saya dito :)

u8mypinkcookies

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #156 on: December 27, 2013, 06:38:58 am »
^ hanggang kelan kaya? Sana sale pa pagdating namin :)

Kumusta weather? Sana di umuulan para masarap maglakad haha ;)

pinksuman

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #157 on: December 27, 2013, 11:02:18 am »
weather forecast for today is = sunny sunny sunny :) pero dala paring kaya ng paying kahit folded coz maulan naman talaga pag December.

yes maraming year end hehe ;)

later hatid ko mama ko sa airport at balik na syang pinas. kame naming uwe ng pinas sa sunday.

#tgif #yolo #sg

u8mypinkcookies

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #158 on: December 27, 2013, 01:28:00 pm »
^ thank you!!! :D i'm excited haha parang first-timer lang eh. Dun ako sa sale natuwa!

AnJelatine

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 23)
« Reply #159 on: December 28, 2013, 10:37:48 am »
Help po Please! :D First time ko mag travel na ako ang mag plan :P Ano-ano po airlines ang dapat ko abangan ng seat sale? MLA-SG-MLA. And where to buy USS tickets online? :D

Back read ko na lang 'to Singapore thread, baka may makuha ako for our itinerary :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close