watch now

Author Topic: Immigration Officers: How to Deal (Thread 2)  (Read 70187 times)

runbarbierun

  • Guest
Re: Immigration Officers: How to Deal (Thread 2)
« Reply #220 on: March 25, 2016, 02:38:49 pm »
mama squeak! tawang tawa ako sa bakit daw retired na ako ang bata ko pa daw (eh anong paki mo - syempre hindi ko sinabi yun no)  ;D ;D ;D

sophistique

  • Guest
Re: Immigration Officers: How to Deal (Thread 2)
« Reply #221 on: April 05, 2016, 03:25:35 pm »
I have a relative who recently traveled with her baby. They were understandably questioned by the IO since the baby's father didn't accompany them (an aunt went with them). While they were ultimately allowed to leave, she said she was asked to sign a document. The problem is, she couldn't recall ano yun. :( Sobrang stressed nya daw kasi that time because first time nya mag-travel tapos iyak na daw ng iyak si baby during the questioning. They went there for vacation kaso more than 7 days since my relative's planning to buy a few things for her business. Is there a way kaya to trace kung anong document yun? Is it possibly a letter of guarantee that they would indeed come back? Thank you.

whimsical.unicorn

  • Guest
Re: Immigration Officers: How to Deal (Thread 2)
« Reply #222 on: April 05, 2016, 05:39:11 pm »
Hayyy now I've gotta look for my old passport para walang hassle pag labas namin. Stressful ba talaga mag tanong ang mga IO? :o

annasui

  • Guest
Re: Immigration Officers: How to Deal (Thread 2)
« Reply #223 on: April 06, 2016, 10:42:00 am »
^Yes sis better bring na lang your old passport to be prepared. Traveled with the fam and hubby last March 26. Magkasama kame ni hubby sa window, wala naman tinanong saken kahit housewife lang nakalagay sa slip ko. Si hubby ang madami tinanong, saan work, position ganyan (since kaka-renew lang passport nya). He was asked nakapag-travel na ba sha (yes mostly sa Japan). Hinanap old passport buti dala namen. E nagvavacay sha dati dun mga 2 months since his mom works there before. Sino ba daw asa Japan, andun pa ba daw. Gusto ko sana sabihin relevant pa ba mga questions mo, e sa HK naman kame pupunta? ??? Anyway after naman nung questions nya okay na, and mabait naman si IO nun di mataray.

Yung fiance ng ate ko, katabing window namen. Kaka renew lang ng passport and super tagal na ng last travel nya, yung previous passport nya wala tatak. Nung tinanong kelan uuwi, jusko hindi alam kinalabit at tinanong pa ako. Buti mabait rin yung IO nya haha! Nung nag-stamp na si IO, nag-yehey pa kase may tatak na daw passport nya, tapos sabi sa IO pwede pa ba daw dagdagan kakaloka. ;D

You just have to be prepared with the documents in case hanapin. Be confident na rin in answering their questions lalo na kung travel ka lang naman talaga. Before 6am kame nakalagpas ng immigration nun, pansin ko puro mga bata IO sa terminal 2 ng mga time na yun. I guess good mood sila kase maaga pa haha joke!

Yung sister ko na 24 years old pa lang, sumunod mag-isa the next day wala naman daw mga tinanong sa kanya. :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 10:43:59 am by annasui »

momentum

  • Guest
Re: Immigration Officers: How to Deal (Thread 2)
« Reply #224 on: April 07, 2016, 08:52:47 am »
I will be going to Seattle next week, I am bringing my daughter (6.9yo) with me to visit my dad.
I am employed. What documents should I bring aside from our old and new passports just in case the IO will ask? should I also bring the authorization letter from our HR for my leave? what about documents for my daughter? she has no school now so wala akong madadala na authorization from her school na she is taking a leave..I have not enrolled her yet to grade 2 so I cannot show any documents about that.
Is her old school ID enough (sy 2015-2016) and for me mga valid i.d's?

thanks!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 10:40:06 am by momentum »

[-c-h-a-]

  • Guest
Re: Immigration Officers: How to Deal (Thread 2)
« Reply #225 on: April 07, 2016, 10:33:56 am »
I wasn't aware na may issue kapag ikaw lang magttravel with your baby...

kelangan ba laging kasama ang asawa pag bumbyahe with your kids? First time ng baby ko in Manila when she was 6 months old, kami lang ng mommy ko bumyahe and sumunod lang si hubby at a later date. Magkaiba pa kami ng last name ni baby... buti di kami tinanong ng mga kung ano ano!

sophistique

  • Guest
Re: Immigration Officers: How to Deal (Thread 2)
« Reply #226 on: April 07, 2016, 11:41:46 am »
^ Sis gumdrops26, red flag siguro na almost 2 weeks yung stay nila, I don't know. I sent a message on the Bureau of Immigration's Facebook page at ang responsive ha.  :) Sabi nila the document my relative signed was a Border Control Questionnaire (BCQ). Automatic daw na you'll sign that form if you're subjected to a secondary inspection. It helps the IO daw in checking the passenger's consistency when answering.

^^ Sis momentum, I asked that relative to bring her marriage certificate and her son's birth certificate in case the IO makes further inquiries. :)

momentum

  • Guest
Re: Immigration Officers: How to Deal (Thread 2)
« Reply #227 on: April 07, 2016, 12:30:54 pm »
^thanks sis

[-c-h-a-]

  • Guest
Re: Immigration Officers: How to Deal (Thread 2)
« Reply #228 on: April 07, 2016, 01:47:20 pm »
^^sophistique, are they traveling to another country from Manila?

We're from Australia so I don't know, magkaiba ba rules kapag arriving and visiting the Philippines lang kesa sa aalis ka ng Phils and visiting another country?

heavensent

  • Guest
Re: Immigration Officers: How to Deal (Thread 2)
« Reply #229 on: April 11, 2016, 08:45:51 pm »
I'll be going to India this coming Wednesday for 26 days and I'll be staying at my friend's place. I'm completely getting paranoid from reading all those offloading incidents. I have prepared all the possible documents that I can.

- e-visa
- round trip ticket
- passport

- invitation letter stating that I'll be staying with him (does it need to be authenticated?)
- copy of his passport
- copy of his ID
- copy of his CC billing

- travel itinerary
- old passport (my last out of the country travel was 2010)
- proof of income from upwork (i work freelance)
- COE from another client
- print out of my bank statement
- my CC billing
- copy of my daughter's birth certificate
- itinerary for my upcoming trips (June-Corn, Aug-HK, Nov-Bali)

Is there anything else I need to accomplish just to be sure that I don't get offloaded? I'm just so stressed out right now worrying about it.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 09:07:47 pm by heavensent »

cl1995

  • Guest
Re: Immigration Officers: How to Deal (Thread 2)
« Reply #230 on: June 10, 2016, 10:50:20 pm »
My brother and I are leaving on July 5-8 for SG.

Student pa lang ako while he's unemployed but our trip is sponsored by my mother but we've been to US and Hong Kong twice na nakaattached naman ang mga old passports namin sa new ones.

First time niya sa SG while me second time kasi dun nag tour ang course namin.

I'll bring our hotel reservation voucher and plane itinerary kapag hinanap ng IO dito sa pinas since pwede naman kami sabay sa IO.

Pwede din kaya kami sabay pumunta sa IO ng SG sa arrival since magkapatid naman kami?


runbarbierun

  • Guest
Re: Immigration Officers: How to Deal (Thread 2)
« Reply #231 on: June 11, 2016, 06:52:58 am »
^ Nope, isa isa lang per IO sa SG. Medyo strict sila sa ganun, unless kids ang kasama :)

cl1995

  • Guest
Re: Immigration Officers: How to Deal (Thread 2)
« Reply #232 on: June 11, 2016, 09:48:27 am »
^OK! Thank you sis! :)

minnie99

  • Guest
Re: Immigration Officers: How to Deal (Thread 2)
« Reply #233 on: June 14, 2016, 04:16:10 am »
Observation lang, comparison between NAIA T3 and T2 IOs. Passed through both, parehong may trip na vacation at official business (as govt employee). Pansin ko lang, sa T3 laging may tanong, hiningan pa ko ng ID. Pero sa T2 never experienced na may tanong, kahit sa mga OB ko, considering na ang daming arte kapag gov't employee.

mathet

  • Guest
Re: Immigration Officers: How to Deal (Thread 2)
« Reply #234 on: June 15, 2016, 04:37:59 am »
we'll be travelling to france and our rntry point is through geneva.... it will be the three of us, me, hubby and her mother, however, di gaanibg fluent mother nya sa english but she knows the basics... pwede ba sabay sabay na kami sa isang window in the immigration, 3 kami?

I have pprepared na all the necessary docs, yung mga ginamit din namin to apply for a schengen visa....

wandergirl1980

  • Guest
Re: Immigration Officers: How to Deal (Thread 2)
« Reply #235 on: July 06, 2016, 12:24:33 am »
hingi ako POV mga sis...my husband has been invited by his boss to attend onboarding training sa Sweden for 2 months. Actually na-approve na din siya ng Schengen business visa. Hahanapan pa ba siya ng exit permit ng IO dito sa atin? He is a freelance web developer.

chicafabulosa

  • Guest
Re: Immigration Officers: How to Deal (Thread 2)
« Reply #236 on: July 06, 2016, 10:20:44 am »
Observation lang, comparison between NAIA T3 and T2 IOs. Passed through both, parehong may trip na vacation at official business (as govt employee). Pansin ko lang, sa T3 laging may tanong, hiningan pa ko ng ID. Pero sa T2 never experienced na may tanong, kahit sa mga OB ko, considering na ang daming arte kapag gov't employee.

Same observation. In T3 I was asked pa nga if may balak ako bumalik. Sagot ko of course, I have properties here. And mas masarap sa Pinas (but deep inside madre mio at that time ayoko na sa Pinas).
This next vacay ko I will be going out with my kiddo and Tita. I will be the one to answer for my tita too since group naman kame and first time nya to travel abroad. I think mas madali yata pag may bata na kasama, di sila ganun kahigpit right?

ezonme

  • Guest
Re: Immigration Officers: How to Deal (Thread 2)
« Reply #237 on: August 03, 2016, 03:38:10 am »
I need help din. I will be traveling with my 4 yo son to UK in March. I am not married and hindi din kami together ng
father ng baby ko although he does visit us every week. Kelangan ko pa ba ng permit from him so I can bring him
outside the country medyo matagal kasi kami mawawala mga 2 months. My son goes to school now and I will enrolling him
before we leave.

barbillie

  • Guest
Re: Immigration Officers: How to Deal (Thread 2)
« Reply #238 on: August 03, 2016, 08:42:33 am »
Nung first travel ko to Singapore, I remember yung IO tinanong kung FA ako. Yun kasing passport ko, nakaipit yung Qatar Airlines at Emirates frequent flyer card ko, tapos isang passport size na ID picture. Bukod dun, wala na sya tinanong. Easy breezy naman.

Nung nagpunta naman ako sa Argentina, complete naman ang papers ko. Tinanong lang saang company ako nagwowork at ilang years na ko nagwowork dun.

badmonkey

  • Guest
Re: Immigration Officers: How to Deal (Thread 2)
« Reply #239 on: August 13, 2016, 06:09:46 am »
HELP!

Here's the situation, magkikita kami ng husband ko sa KUL, galing ako abroad, sya galing Pinas. We will stay four days in KUL then uuwi kami ng Pinas. Hindi nya alam na sasama ako pauwi. Isusurprise ko sya. Ang problem si hubby ay hindi nagwowork now at malinis ang passport (bagong renew). I'm worried na ma-interrogate sya ng IO. So gusto ko syang iready.

Anong documents ang need namin iprepare? Eto mga naisip ko but I'm not sure if this will help.

-Joint bank account namin na kahit papaano may laman naman
-letter from me na sagot ko sya sa KUL with my ID and our MC (kase hindi ko ginamit ang last name nya)
-RT ticket nya
-Ticket ko to KUL and hotel booking (as proof na magkikita kami)

Do you think that would help? Advice please! Thanks!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close