watch now

Author Topic: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments  (Read 17798 times)

mxherr5

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2014, 09:21:45 pm »
^
Yan ang methodology ng YNAB.
Hindi lang sya software pero more of a "financial" methodology
pero yung sa YNAB, its living the current month on last month's
budget. Hindi tulad sayo na yearly talaga lol

chubs

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2014, 11:15:12 am »
ah i see... ill check YNAB nga... naiisip ko yearly kasi may mga once a year expenses lang...

IronLady

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2014, 08:58:38 pm »
Mga sis pano nyo tinatrack yung worth ng mutual fund nyo? Monthly? Quarterly? Or as in yung no. Of shares lang ninonote nyo?

mxherr5

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2014, 05:28:56 am »
Ang # of shares ang pinka importante.

Pero I use Quicken so I can find out what
the value of my investments are for any past date
and what my returns are.

I can also compare it to an index(PSEi) if
I want to.

ikaela

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2014, 08:30:49 am »
^^Okay din mag-track sa Bloomberg, sis. I have Philequity Fund on my watchlist, and  I input there every top-up I make. It shows me total gain and how much each of my top-ups have gained separately. Yung top-up ko a year and a half ago nasa 40%, while yung top-up ko last May 2013 nasa 6% lang. 

IronLady

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2014, 07:49:23 pm »
^sis sorry bago lang ako sa mf.. What do you mean by top ups? Growth fund sa alfm ang meron ako.. Pwede din ba sya sa bloomberg? Sa app ba yun sis?

^^sis bakit sa psei index mo sya kinocompare? Anong value mismo yung kinocompare mo? Kakainvest ko lang sa mf last month.. So im thinking kung pano itatrack.. Or kung dapat pa ba itrack, since long term din naman ang purpose ko.. Ang ginagawa ko lang price per share nya nung binili ko.. Tapos kung gusto ko makuha value nya ngayon, compare ko lang sa navpu o price kahapon.. Hehe!

mxherr5

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2014, 10:15:26 pm »
top ups are a term from VULs, meaning additional investments

ang PSEi ang baseline, kung below or on par with the PSEi
lang ang returns ng fund mo ibig sabihin walang value add
ang fund manager.

ikaela

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2014, 11:22:23 pm »
^^Pwede yung ALFM Growth Fund, here's the link to its page on Bloomberg: http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/ALFMGRW:PM

Meanwhile, here's the one for the PSEi: http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/PCOMP:IND

I-compare mo yung returns being shown on their pages. As of today:

ALFM Growth Fund's return year-to date is 17.43%
PSEi is 22.90%

ALFM Growth Fund's 1-year return is 17.37%
PSEi is 26.61%

So you can see that the fund is actually underperforming the index. This is one way of finding out if a fund and its managers are any good or not.

IronLady

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2014, 04:28:14 am »
Wow! Thanks sa inyo sis! Check ko yan! 😊 dami ko pa dapat matutunan! Kamusta performance ni philequity? So underperforming si alfm? Lol.. Meron na bang nakabeat ng market or at par with psei based on your experience tracking your investments?

ikaela

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2014, 09:46:36 am »
^Philequity has been beating the index for 20 years. :) They're THAT good. But they also charge one of the highest fees, so lalabas na parang same lang yung returns sa Philequity and other less stellar funds. I-check mo rin yung fees sis, factor din yan. 

tsina

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2014, 08:24:35 pm »
Thanks sis ikaela for mentioning budgetpulse. I just started, inputted everything and there I could start tracking my finances. I love it. I hope they remain to be a free site. :)

luckypal

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2016, 05:43:21 am »
Hi everyone :)

Ako, sobrang low tech ang way of monitoring my expenses and savings. Everyday I write down everything I spend and do a month end accounting. From there, I know my monthly savings and YTD savings. Also, contributions to investments are considered "spending" for me because that's money out of my savings account into investments.

During that month end accounting, I also take a look at all my investment accounts and how they are doing. Again, I write everything down and add it all up and have a record in my planner. I know that there are apps for this kind of thing, but I like the process of writing things down because it feels more real for me.... especially the spending part! I write my expenses in red ink, so sometimes I challenge myself to not have any red for a particular week para no gastos! :)

mooncake and leaves

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2016, 05:29:27 am »
Back to excel. Mas madali.

milafernz

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2016, 04:34:25 pm »
mga sis sorry ano po ulit yung ynab?

Annie M.

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2016, 03:45:39 pm »
^ You Need a Budget (YNAB) http://www.youneedabudget.com/

friendlyneighbor

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2016, 05:09:19 pm »
I am using google spreadsheet. Tapos I made it available kahit offline ako para maupdate ko expenses ko everyday. Kaya kahit pumipila sa mall para magbayad or nag Me-Me time sa coffee shop, nauupdate ko sya..

luckypal

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2016, 01:40:11 am »
^ I love that idea, friendlyneighbor :) do you have a template that you can share? I'm so old school that I record it in my planner... but I like being able to update it realtime so that I don't forget later on.

kaiz

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2016, 02:32:29 pm »
ako sa notebook lang. as in sinusulat ko lang. and dala dala ko notebook always

swtgrl_bee

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2016, 04:04:59 pm »
Old school din ako, sulat ng sulat.

akotobakit

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2016, 11:24:34 pm »
Ako din old school - notebook lang and excel. I update my excel template on weekends lang.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close