watch now

Author Topic: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments  (Read 17810 times)

mxherr5

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2013, 08:35:21 am »
I have the apk and did a side load and I confirmed that only USD
works. I did a test USD account and it showed up eh ;p

Really? you spend money to be sure that you're always on the
latest version?

At any rate, like traditional personal finance software, quicken
is more like "big data" historical tracking lang. That's what its
good for.

I use YNAB for budgetting. Quicken's budgetting sucks.

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2013, 02:34:21 am »
Loyalista kasi tatay ko so ya. He buys softwares online and includes all of our PCs ::)

Did try budget also and I'm like whuuuuut :o Ayon never tried it again haha! Di ko naman din kasi kailangan.

MissChievous

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2013, 01:56:44 am »
^ Galing naman ng tatay mo. Hehe.

Ako I am torn whether to use Expense Tracker or the Excel file template that I have downloaded. Nagustuhan ko na din yung Excel pero gusto ko ng interface ng Expense Tracker. HIrap kasi if you have to update the two and sync them. Hmm, isip2.

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2013, 11:34:15 am »
^ Ya, if not for him, hindi ako magttrack haha :P

Mahirap yata kapag 2 kasi sooner or later, meron kang hindi na maupdate.

MissChievous

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2013, 12:29:30 pm »
Uu nga sis eh. Yun din naisip ko. I'm going to weigh the pros and cons muna.

Cheesecak3

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2013, 06:16:53 pm »
I am using Excel to monitor our expenses and income.

agape

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2014, 02:21:02 pm »
I will check those apps you guys suggested.
My problem kasi is I forget to track my expenses eh. :-/

ikaela

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2014, 03:33:02 pm »
Just discovered ClearCheckbook.com. So far so good. They have great support through social media plus they have a mobile app. Might transfer here completely from Budgetpulse. One bug I discovered though is the website doesn't show you the total or the breakdown of your income.

mypb_1123

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2014, 08:20:32 pm »
For me, I have 3 Excel files that I maintain. 1) Monthly budget-updated monthly and contains my target budget per category; 2) Daily Expenses-updated daily (but some months I fail to update :p)  3) Net Worth-started only last year and updated monthly. These are fully customized according to my needs. Q4 last year, I had the urge to revamp these files and included some graphs relevant to me hehe.

Now that I have an Ipad, I may start looking for apps tailored to my needs but I'm still not letting go of my files :) .
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 08:52:55 pm by mypb_1123 »

awesomemaia

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2014, 09:48:23 am »
Hi mga sis what can you suggest iphone apps. soon magka ipad na din ako and i really want to track my expenses. I haven't use anything yet and i want a mobile app. please help me..thanks!

happie

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2014, 12:08:56 am »
I just use excel to track my net worth din. Whatever extra cash I have sa wallet, I don't include anymore. My sa/ca is my checking account narin so automatic deduction na cc expense ko and whatever is left is my savings for the month.

angelovepink

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2014, 02:59:20 am »
I primarily use excel din to track my net worth, my monthly target budget, my UITF investments, and of course my short-term to long-term financial goals -- keeps me on track of where I want to be at the end of the year, etc.

Recently, I purchased YNAB for me and the BF to track our daily spending since they have iphone and android apps that syncs with my Dropbox. Kahit papano naeencourage ko na si BF to track his finances because of YNAB. Oh, I love their 4 rules/method -- specially #4 live on last month's income. :)

mxherr5

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2014, 09:46:58 am »
^
Cool we have almost the same exact setup
but whereas you use excel for managing your
overall financial picture, I use Quicken.

I use YNAB for budgetting. Quicken's budgetting
sucks plus YNAB cloud sync is super awesome :D


MissChievous

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2014, 07:03:22 pm »
I have checked a couple of Apps, pero none suit me.  :-\

That's why I made my own. Excel lang for
  • Daily Expenses
  • Asset Allocation
  • Savings Tracker

Yung Savings Tracker is mga financial goals ko at kung saan na ako dun. I downloaded a template from Excel Office 360.  ;D

Ma.Jewel_1987

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2014, 09:33:07 pm »
Me too excel lang mas nasisimplehan ako hehe

lulai

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2014, 11:19:19 pm »
i'm using excel to track my budget, expenses, investments and net worth. i found excel is simple to use and versatile when it comes to computing as of data, variances and percentages.  ;)

nicola_juliano

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2014, 09:46:47 am »
I want to track this too so I created a spreadsheet na for these.

MissChievous

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2014, 05:51:53 pm »
^That's so nice sis. Ako nga din, wala pa akong liabilities na account. I should do it soon! CC debt lg naman mostly. :) Para I'll the exact amount of my net worth.

momentum

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2014, 07:05:48 pm »
This is a good idea. Will try and follow you girls para ma-organize narin financial aspect ng buhay ko hehe :)

melodymedley

  • Guest
Re: Tracking Your Net Worth, Budget & Investments
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2014, 12:49:52 pm »
I use Excel! I started doing my budget in excel when I started working. Dati .xls yung files pero ngayon.xlsx na. Started out my career earning minimum wage kaya dapat i-budget yung pera.

Finance file.
My worksheets:

1. Salary with breakdown: Gross pay less Taxes, SS contributions and other deductions = Net pay.
2. Budget: This worksheet shows the allocation of my net pay. Donations, Expenses, Travel funds, Investments.
3. ATM Payroll account. The Net Pay amount in #1 is linked here. Lahat din ng withdrawals and fund transfers, nandito. The credit card balance is also linked here  - as deduction. So even though may pera akong 10,000, pero ang CC bill ko is 8,000, ang totoong pera ko ay 2,000.
4. ATM Savings Account - for travel and emergency funds. May detailed breakdown ako within the worksheet kung para saan yung funds.
5. Credit Card  - Masipag ako mag-lista ng CC transactions ko. I reconcile this with my monthly cc bill.
6. Travel Worksheet. I plot out my planned adventures - especially the big trips. I do research how much is needed for each trip. I plot it there, then make a planned budget how to save for that amount. In another column, I input the amount I saved - which I transfer from my payroll (#3) to savings account (#4).
7. Christmas Budget worksheet. Expenses in December are huge. Hindi lang kasi gifts ang expenses, pati mga costumes from Christmas parties, Christmas dinners with friends, donations to charities, they all pile up. I write down my budget every year para I can compare with last year kung magkano nung nagastos ko. This is to avoid a "black hole" in my finances during the holidays.


Investments file.
My worksheets:

1. Total Assets. All other worksheets are linked here. With book value (amount invested) and Current Market Value columns.
2. Mutual Fund. NAPVs are updated via XML. Philequity has this feature in their website.
3. Life Insurance payments
4. Mutual Fund payments.

Every payday, I spend 10-15 minutes updating the Salary, ATM Travel and ATM Payroll Worksheet.  Then after investing in my mutual funds, I update the Investments file. Hindi naman matagal or mahirap. Tiyagaan lang. In a month, I probably spend a total of 1 or 2 hours tinkering around my finances. Keeps me on top of my plans.

Di effective sakin yung mga apps. Too many features that I don't use. This one is simple and effective for me.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close