watch now

Author Topic: Hotels.com  (Read 1676 times)

jeune

  • Guest
Hotels.com
« on: September 13, 2013, 02:13:08 am »
Anyone tried booking on this website?

I had a good experience with them so I'm a happy customer :D

Quick story: Booked a 4-star hotel in Prague a week before our trip but unfortunately hotel got overbooked. We were offered to stay in a different hotel which was way more expensive than what we paid for but I chose Hilton instead, still expensive but less than the hotel they were trying to give us. Room rate at Hilton was almost $500/night for King Deluxe at that time and we stayed for 2 nights plus parking fee of $39/day. We paid $114.72 for the original hotel for a 2 night stay but since we were 'inconvenienced' they gave us $150 hotel credit for next booking, refunded us $78 for parking fee on top of staying at a really nice hotel. I was impressed on how their customer service went above and beyond so they can meet our needs, plus more.

So mga sis if you're looking for hotels, try their website. Their prices are relatively cheap sometimes ;D


i_miss_sleep

  • Guest
Re: Hotels.com
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 03:23:30 am »
I either book here or straight from the hotel's website. I already earned a free night for booking with them 10x. BUT note their restrictions on that promotion. They'll average the price you spent on those 10 bookings and that amount is all you can spend on when booking for your free night stay (plus standard charges).

I also had an experience where I mistakenly booked an incorrect date. It was a good deal to pass up regardless if booking is final. I immediately called for the correct dates. Although it was changed, they gave me a hard time, insisting 'all sales are final' :(

Regardless, I still use Hotels.com as primary engine for hotel comparison. I use that and Tripadvisor for reviews.

mameejhy

  • Guest
Re: Hotels.com
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 08:56:31 pm »
Their free night for 10th room promo is really enticing! ;D

nageinna

  • Guest
Re: Hotels.com
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 04:35:55 pm »
i remembered booking through this website on my first out of the country trip. super ok naman hassle free din. and i think sila parin yung may cheapest rates compared sa other online booking sites. so i make sure to check them first sa mga out of the country trips namin.

icegayle

  • Guest
Re: Hotels.com
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 07:22:09 pm »
Mas mura ba sila compared sa agoda?

mameejhy

  • Guest
Re: Hotels.com
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 12:47:58 pm »
^Imo, Agoda is cheap for Asian hotels.

darna88

  • Guest
Re: Hotels.com
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 07:25:58 am »
how about when you compare them to expedia?...i first go to hotwire then i press somrhing i dont know bakit bigla naging hotels.com?....
and pano pala sis yun mga nagcacncell before the actual dates pwede daw but pano nila irerefund? sabi nila rerefund daw nila sa credit card mo? but how?.. :-\  pls enlighten me sorry this is my 1st time to book for interntiona hotel and worr lang me kasi need to give creditcard inforfmations

i_miss_sleep

  • Guest
Re: Hotels.com
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2014, 02:57:21 pm »
When I book hotels, I check Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com. I always end up booking from Hotels.com that's why since my last post, I already earned 3 free nights na. Minsan mas mababa ang listings ng Expedia but when you do a mock check-out, their add-on fees are a killer. Or maski mataas ang Hotels.com, I still book with them anyway to rack up some points. As for refund, it will take up to 1 week before you see the refund back to your credit card. Sometimes sooner. When booking try to look for options like 'free cancellation' and 'pay at the hotel' so it's easier to cancel when needed.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close