watch now

Author Topic: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)  (Read 85985 times)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #520 on: February 04, 2016, 07:18:12 pm »
^ Its pronouced as zo-wee-va

moonstar_004

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #521 on: February 04, 2016, 08:08:43 pm »
^Thanks, sis! Now to hunt for this brush...

gusto ko rin nyan. out of stock sa luxola when i bought my zoeva brushes.

swim_fatale

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #522 on: February 04, 2016, 08:49:17 pm »
Recently discovered Ever Bilena Powder Brush. Sobrang lambot and it doesn't shed. For P150, it's a steal!

I remembered this post of yours sis so I got the brush when I was in the mall kanina -- ganda nga! :D

honeybunny

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #523 on: February 05, 2016, 01:39:31 am »
i have yung shiseido foundation brush. i love it. i just need to look for blush brush and maybe yung brush for highlighters..i dont know what it's called :)

moonstar_004

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #524 on: February 05, 2016, 08:28:25 am »
i have a variety of blush brushes, because i really don't like mixing colors. i have mac 116, real techniques, soffia and zoeva 126 and stippling for cream blush. i find them all good.

Ireneeeeee

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #525 on: February 05, 2016, 11:22:25 am »
Would anyone know if meron ba sa landmark nun parang bagong lumalabas na mushroom brushes? I want to try this! Puro online stores lang nakikita ko eh..

currently addicted to beauty blender and mac 138 which i use for baking kasi ngayon pa lang ako natututo hihi

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #526 on: February 07, 2016, 01:56:37 pm »
mga sis.. dapat ba iba-iba yung eyeshadow brushes? :( help po. Iba ba yung application brush and iba ba yung brush for blending? So how many brushes do I need if I want to practice eyeshadow? :(

And for contouring, what's a good brush? Yung face ko pala size sa isang CD. Yung plano contour ko is siguro face lang most especially sa cheeks and sides ng face.
Sa MAC I'm choosing between 163,168, 109. If I get a bigger one,wont it look too diffused? Should I get the thin one? I want to get the natural look eh. And what about my nose contourrr hihi help naman po :(

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #527 on: February 07, 2016, 04:46:41 pm »
^sis minimum for eyeshadow is blending brush and eyeshadow application brush.

1. Blending Brush- My favorite of all time is MAC 217- but some prefer MAC 224
2. Application Brush- my fave is MAC 239

Zoeva has dupes of this. They work well naman and are cheaper. Bdellium also has! Sigma too---but I dont own Sigma.

But it you have zero brushes and you just want to practice or start out, then Ecotools are good and cheap. You can buy them in The Ramp Crossings. If youre just trying to play with the brushes till you find our what shapes or sizes your prefer before you invest, the ELF Cosmetics in SM has OK shapes and are cheap. But they arent good quality.

Contouring is tricky. I dont contour but when I do I notice I always use different brushes heheh So I guess it depends what you will end up liking. I prefer small round brushes then diffuse it after with a bigger fluffy brush
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 04:52:28 pm by Chili1113 »

vain_kixie

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #528 on: February 07, 2016, 10:46:23 pm »
I second the 217 and 239!!! Must buys yan for mac eyebrushes!

For contouring, although i rarely contour, i prefer the 109 over the 168

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #529 on: February 08, 2016, 04:48:40 am »
thank you sis chili and sis vain :)

@sis chili
po, when you say, not good quality, do you mean scratchy siya sa face (which makes it a no-try for me) or habang wash siya palagi magshed and umiiba texture? Unfortunately, walang store na ganyan dito :( regarding ecotools.

madali bang masira yung mac?kase siguro magpractice ako mga 10 times before confident ako na namaster ko na siya lol

kahit eyeshadow wala pa ako haha

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #530 on: February 08, 2016, 05:10:52 am »
^Yes sis. When I mean bad quality I meant that it is scratchy and it sheds too hehe But they are cheap. Di madali masira ang mac brushes. Ive had mine for many many years =)

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #531 on: February 08, 2016, 05:57:44 am »
^ great sis. I guess elf is out of the question for now muna and I just might take the plunge for MAC..and if I have the patience to wait, Zoeva. I just hope walang customs issues yung Sephora PH? Have you tried getting brushes from there sis? Yun lang nakadiscourage ko sa Zoeva. :(

izzie7

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #532 on: February 08, 2016, 09:01:12 am »
^nagpalit lang naman ng name yung luxola to sephora.ph diba kasi yung luxola door to door delivery, walang cUstoms, mabilis din yung delivery less than 5 days? Nakalimutan ko na haha hindi pa ko nakaka order ulit sana magkaron sila nung mga bagong zoeva brushes.

budzwhiz

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #533 on: February 08, 2016, 12:00:05 pm »
For me ang must-haves talaga ng beginners when it comes to eyeshadows ay shader brush (to pack eyeshadow on) and blending brush.

For contouring, it really depends on your face shape and the finish you want to achieve. Para sakin hindi ko bagay yung finish ng mga brushes like zoeva face paint and nars ita. Mas gusto ko small round contour brushes -- if mag ccontour talaga, on special occasions. And I don't like the uber sculpted look, hindi bagay sa round face ko, I just define the hollows of my cheeks. On regular days naman, I just use a big fluffy brush for a bronze/slight contour.

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #534 on: February 08, 2016, 12:06:39 pm »
Can I 2nd the motion sa MAC 217 and 239? haha

These are the two brushes na sobrang versatile at yan na yan lang pwede mo ng gamitin pang-eyeshadow.

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #535 on: February 08, 2016, 12:49:08 pm »
@izzie hehe I havent tried pa kase sis.. and hopefully name change lang talaga and wala pang iiba (and maybe dagdagin ng brands hehe)

---edit lol omg I didnt know there were other posts before me
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 02:36:02 pm by minatay91 »

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #536 on: February 08, 2016, 01:12:50 pm »
Heheh so many fans of MAC 217 ans 239!! =) If there are only 2 eye brushes I can keep in the world it is these two. Plus Ive had mine for many years and they dont shed and are as good as new

izzie7

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #537 on: February 08, 2016, 05:53:52 pm »
^mine naman scratchy na yung 217. Pero pwede pa din baka kulang lang sa shampoo. Saka 242 yung ginagamit ko hindi 239. Si jaclyn hill kasi pinapanood ko nung time na bumili ako. Yung 217 ginagamit ni lisa eldridge sa concealer sa undereyes.

Ok naman yung elf flat shader brush yung white handle pwede na pang practice.

honeybunny

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #538 on: February 09, 2016, 01:22:59 am »
so face paint pala yung gamit for contour? i thought yung angled brush sya?

ang alam ko lang sa brushes is yung blush brush and powder brush haha.. medyo nacoconvince na ako jan sa zoeva..  my aunt gave me clarins brush kasi..

meron bang counterpart yung mac 217, 239 and 109 brush sa zoeva? or counterpart ng zoeva na mabibili sa beauty bar, etc?

thanks

EDIT: is sigma better than zoeva? also may local store ba ang sigma?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 01:27:05 am by honeybunny »

strawberryswitchblade

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #539 on: February 09, 2016, 01:51:13 am »
^ Based on some forums/blogs I've read, people usually prefer Zoeva to Sigma.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close