Author Topic: How do you budget your meals for the help? Tips please  (Read 1603 times)

Karrie

• GirlTalker
How do you budget your meals for the help? Tips please
« on: August 29, 2013, 07:26:15 am »
Hi Sis!  Hope you could share your tips.  I have help and so far I think I have been spending too much on food for them. We have 3 help and 1 boy, naku they use more then a kilo of rice a day. They HAVE to drink coffee twice a day, yung isa pa only 3 in one coffee daw ang puede.  They have 3 full meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner plus 1 merienda.  I think at this point they are getting abusive and would like some tips on how manage this.   Worst part is our boy eats less then all of them.  So i have 3 hungry help who i think when they leave us will be 20 pounds heavier.  I am thinking baka they throw the rice?
Please share your tips on this subject.  Thank you very much.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 07:27:51 am by Karrie »

bellapot

• GirlTalker
  • Mommy of Isabella
Re: How do you budget your meals for the help? Tips please
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 11:21:53 am »
More than a kilo of rice a day? Have you tried just giving them money for their food? You can tell them that that's their food budget in a week and if they finish it before the week ends, or if they spend it on something else then sorry na lang sila. If you dont want to give them budget for all their meals, then at least, just the rice and coffee. I 've done this with some of our previous helps. When they were told that they only have this amount of money to buy certain food for the week, mas naging matipid sila, as in there was a big difference. Very particular naman one of your HH, at gusto pa talaga na 3 In one na coffee. Malakas magpataas ng blood sugar ng 3 in 1 na coffee, not to mention na ang lakas pa nila sa kanin. In a few months time baka lahat sila pre-diabetic na. You also have to check if they just end up throwing the rice kung nasobrahan or ayaw na nila kainin what was left from the previous saing. If you haven't checked before, you have to do that now. I don't have as much help as you do, but sa amin kasi, our help eat what we eat. Although if they ARE worth it, like masipag sa work, marunong at di nagrereklamo, then you really have to feed them well. My Mom always said that with their line of work, mahirap magtrabaho ng ganyan pag gutom.

sistah!

• sistah!
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • proud mom to four doggies :-)
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 12:07:07 pm »
true, mahirap magtrabaho pag gutom. and food is a major deal with them. I had a helper who used to tell me that her employer prior to me was matapobre and madamot sa pagkain. however, during her stay with us, I noticed how much she would eat so I wondered if perhaps that employer just had a budget?

I used to have 2 help + 1 boy. now I just have a yaya and 1 boy. the yaya eats whatever we have at home. in fairness sa kanya, medyo diet sya lagi so konti lang kumain. yung boy naman, my husband gives him money to buy his food outside na lang kasi sa kabilang bahay sya natutulog (assigned sa pag-alaga ng aso kasi) and odd hours sya kumain. sya na bahala mag-budget. may water dispenser sya. we provide him a weekly allocation for coffee and juice.
 dati sa mga maid naming na matakaw, kahit ano na nasa house pwede kainin. until they became abusive. ang coffee, biscuits, juice nila, 1 week allocation. sila magbudget. pag mag-unli coffee sila, 3 days pa lang wala na sila coffee. wag sila kumuha sa stash ko ( I buy a diff brand for them). sa rice and ulam, hindi ko mapigilan ang quantity ng consumption nila so eat sila ng marami if they want. ang ayoko lang is yung mga food ng anak ko kinukuha nila (nutella, pancakes, etc). suggest you keep a budget for them whether naka-rasyon ang kape (we allocate 2x a day) or budget na money (bahala kayo to buy or spend pag mag-grocery). if it helps, assign a cabinet for them too para they wont dip into your stash. dun lang sila kukuha. draw up the rules na para maliwanag sa kanila that you are not running a buffet shop.
arf! arf! woof! woof!

hunny_ally

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 06:59:25 am »
I give them budget to buy their own rice, coffee, breakfast items and bread. Sila bahala how they manage it. One of my yayas, super malakas mag coffee. She takes minimum 3 per day. She doesn't like pa the cheap 3-in-1 that I used to buy them. Nescafé Lang daw (ano siya Hilo?). So I gave them money instead.

kisan

• Probationary
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 01:33:16 pm »
pano un yaya ko.. 3-4 mugs morning palang.. gastos talaga!

khriseeee

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 07:28:49 pm »
I portion control na for them, like if I buy drumsticks, fish or pork, when I get home I have them portion them out into separate bags. Works both ways - they don't need to defrost a whole pack of drumsticks and portion control narin. Funny lang, my yaya asked if they could increase the allocation since my daughter eats solid food and eats what they eat. She finishes an entire drumstick on her own  :P

Aside from that, they know I only do groceries twice a month, so they gotta make the food last. Exception is bread and veggies.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close