watch now

Author Topic: Mommies infected during pregnancy?  (Read 1702 times)

KagamiChan

  • Guest
Mommies infected during pregnancy?
« on: August 27, 2013, 11:37:18 pm »
Hi,

I'm a 1st mommy, and my son has CRS (Congenital Rubella Syndrome).

At my 1st trimester, I was infected with german measles. Ever since then, my pregnancy was a roller coaster ride. Not only was the pregnancy, but also after my son was born. He was born at 36weeks and 2days weighing 1.3kilos. Is an IUGR baby, due to his 2-vessel cord. Both his eyes have cataracts & he has 2 congenital heart defects (PDA & VSD). Recently, we received his ABR results and it was found out that he has profound hearing loss both ears. Having a baby with multiple anomalies could be heartbreaking, after each and every visit from different specialists... But I'm glad that we met doctors who are also emotionally supportive of us. Who I believe served with true passion as doctors.

So far, it was a very challenging journey, but all worth it. God is watching over his journey. :) We never even imagined he could reach this far, but he did. We thank the one and only Heavenly Father. I also believe He has a great plan for my son, and so we live each day one step at a time.

I'm here to share insights & experience with mommies out there who are also struggling with their little one's who have been through infections during pregnancy. Although, I know my son's journey is a unique one, but I'm here to reach out to other mommies who also needed emotional support at these times and also share the knowledge I've gained ever since my pregnancy. :)


 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close