Author Topic: Catholic ako pero nag-aattend ako ng worship sa CCF. Is this okay?  (Read 29223 times)

tinsantos10

• Junior GirlTalker
Hi!! I'm a Catholic pero hindi ako nakaka-attend ng mass for the past 10 months. Last Sunday, my friend invited me to attend worship at CCF near Tiendesitas. I was really amazed with the way they worship our Lord. I am planning to attend worship na lang don every Sunday instead of attending mass at the usual churches kasi to be honest (no offense meant or anything), medyo boring sa big church.

Is it okay if sa CCF na lang ako magworship instead sa big church?

*yvainne*

• GirlTalker
  • ^the oRiGiNaL^
Re: Catholic ako pero nag-aattend ako ng worship sa CCF. Is this okay?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 08:36:26 pm »
okay lang yan.  relationship with God naman ang gusto nila maestablish ng mga umaattend sa kanila. mas nagustuhan ko din umattend sa ccf, vcf.  mas priority nila magkaron ng personal relationship with God at hindi ipamper ang mga tao na kumapit sa religion.
tHe LovE iN uR hEaRt waSn\'t put tHeRe tO sTay; LoVe iSn\'t LovE \'tiL yOu give it away

resme

• GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 09:36:53 pm »
Try mo sis attend ng The Feast, it's a sunday mass and worship sa PICC pero they have chapters all over the Phils. Around 2 hrs mahigit lang yun and they have powerful talks and awesome worship. Bro. Bo Sanchez preaches at PICC every Sunday. ;-)

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 11:42:19 pm »
ako nga esoteric sciences ang belief ko but i enjoy going to CCF with my friends (sila yung taga CCF).
and they know my background.

generally, lahat naman yan parepareho.

sometimes others explain things better or in a new and practical way.

lahat ng mga belief, may mga die hard and narrow minded members. yun ang dapat iwasan.

ika nga sis, plant yourself in the most fertile ground ( for you ha). if you see yourself getting the best growth with CCF, doon ka sis.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 11:44:03 pm by akthung »
I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

tinsantos10

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 06:49:00 am »
*yvaine*, Correct sis. :) Hehe

resme, sige sis. I heard na magaling daw talagang speaker si Bro. Bo Sanchez :)

akthung, thanks sis. Natakot kasi ako kasi sabi ng ate ko bawal daw yun. Pwede naman pala :)

*yvainne*

• GirlTalker
  • ^the oRiGiNaL^
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 09:36:14 am »
^totoo sabi nila sis. importante kung san ka magkakaron mg spiritual growth at deep relationship with God. at magkaron ka ng personal experience with HIM, His power and His presence. at yung merong magmementor talaga sayo. mahirap kasi yun walang group leader or mentor na mag gaguide sa spiritual life mo. malaking tulong yun. may mga churches like ccf and vcf na ganun.ay naka-toka na nagaalaga sa growth mo. 
tHe LovE iN uR hEaRt waSn\'t put tHeRe tO sTay; LoVe iSn\'t LovE \'tiL yOu give it away

pretty_in_white

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 07:24:09 pm »
^^ :)  I'm sure they brought you to CCF to encourage you to go there narin talaga. Bakit naman bawal.  I also go there pero hindi pa naman talaga ako Christian talaga.
We tell lies when we are afraid... afraid of what we don't know, afraid of what others will think, afraid of what will be found out about us.  But every time we tell a lie, the thing that we fear grows stronger.  ~Tad Williams

gracita13

• happywife.vintage. loveshabby.kawaii and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 07:53:18 pm »
hi sis ok lang yan im a born again christian pero nagchurch ako sa catholic magkaiba kasi kame ni hubby ng religion,ganun din si hubby sumasama din sya saken  ;D sabe nga diba "hindi ang religion ang makakapagligtas sayo kundi ang relasyon mu ke God.
You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it. John 14:14

insta: gracita04

Mr.Punch

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 02:54:23 am »
Threadstarter, one of these days you have to ask yourself why you still call yourself "Catholic".

I don't mean anything negative in saying that.  I just think you'd do yourself a big favor and be true to yourself as regards your worship preferences.

caterpillar-girl

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2013, 11:53:01 am »
I'm a Catholic, and I attended a CCF worship twice, after which I told my priest friend about it. And he said, well, so when you go to mass, and say the Nicene Creed (I believe in one holy, Catholic, Apostolic Church, etc etc), what does that mean to you? Does it still mean anything? If you profess that you truly believe in one, holy, catholic, apostolic church, why go to another Church? If that doesn't mean a thing to you, then perhaps you need to reassess your faith.

It kind of knocked some sense into me. Oo nga, how can I claim to be Catholic, stand in Church before God and say all those nice things, and THEN go to another church the following week? It doesn't say "I believe in a church in all its wondrous, various forms." Hehe. It says "I believe in ONE holy, catholic, church." So if you want to be super formal about it, the Church does say that there is only ONE true Church, the Church that Christ himself instituted on earth. Maybe that's what your sister meant when she said "bawal" for Catholics. 

Having said that, I've come to believe that we all have different processes in finding God.  Maybe your path to God is through CCF, I don't know. But yes, be true to yourself nalang, so you can stop being conflicted.
"Like a bird on the wire / Like a drunk in a midnight choir / I have tried in my way to be free."

Mr.Punch

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2013, 05:49:21 pm »
^ Good point about the Nicene creed.  The strength of Catholicism is also its ultimate "weakness", so to speak.  It recognizes that faith is organic and develops through time.  Being Catholic these days therefore should mean also being educated about history, tradition, and how these have shaped its theology.

Unfortunately, many young Catholics find this too cumbersome and are attracted to sects that have a more fundamental approach to Christianity (which, in itself, is also a double-edged sword.)

I guess it's not enough to say "to each his own".  There also has to be something to be said against fence-sitting.

joeygirly

• GirlTalker
  • If you want to find a good man, find God!!
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 12:58:07 am »
I think it's okay lang naman sis. :)
I was a catholic dati sister, then one day umattend kami ng mass sa christian church,
di ko alam na hindi na pala Catholic mom ko noon, i just felt like she's changed. Less irritable na siya,and totally moved on sa death ng father ko...so mabalik tayo, i listen to the pastor's preach, it's like reflection lang about sa verses sa Bible, I was young pa that time and I find the preaches "informative" pa without me knowing na I'm living with it na pala. I understand things better, never feel worried about anything and I guess my relationship with God is really personal na :) so i asked my mom na maging christian na ko.
I'm a member of Christ Commission Fellowship (CCF) for 12 years.

Don't worry sis kung catholic, inglesia, or jehoba ka man basta kung san mo siya nakikita't naiintindihan dun ka. It's your relationship with God that matters, not with the church ;)
“A woman with opinions had better develop a thick skin and a loud voice.”
― Anya Seton, The Winthrop Woman

graceofhearing

• Probationary
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2013, 10:28:34 pm »
 :)sis, ang mahalaga ang relationship mo kay Lord. its better to be Godly Normal kesa Ungodly Religious....

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2013, 09:29:26 pm »
ako nga esoteric sciences ang belief ko but i enjoy going to CCF with my friends (sila yung taga CCF).
and they know my background.

generally, lahat naman yan parepareho.

sometimes others explain things better or in a new and practical way.

lahat ng mga belief, may mga die hard and narrow minded members. yun ang dapat iwasan.

ika nga sis, plant yourself in the most fertile ground ( for you ha). if you see yourself getting the best growth with CCF, doon ka sis.

I agree.
Whatever makes you a better person, your Supreme Being will not take against you.

angelstandingby

• GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2013, 09:14:36 am »
It's not bawal. There'sno such law in catholic na pagbawalan ka. For me, as long as it teaches u the right path and the right doings, go.

Cheesecak3

• Mom
  • Super GirlTalker
  • missing my baby so much....
    • Sasuman's Travel and Tours
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2013, 04:56:43 pm »
You can do whatever you want, wala  namang bawal sa Catholic Church.

sugardrop

• Super GirlTalker
  • Loving life's simple pleasures.
    • J'adore Rougit
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2013, 12:03:52 am »
I do this too. I even attended their retreat and no one forced me to be baptized. They respected my decision to remain a Catholic to honor and respect my dad's choice of religion for me. And besides, it's not the religion that matters to me. It's the faith and acceptance of God and Christ in your life. Iba iba lang ng ways to worship and names and interpretations but at the end of the day it's still God we are worshiping.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 11:13:06 am by sugardrop »
A little backreading won't hurt.

J'adore Rougit

Instagram: greenappletini

sachagirl

• GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2013, 05:37:30 pm »
there are catholic charismatic communities that can help deepen your relationship with God. masarap yun member ka ng isang community kasi malaki ang naitutulong nito sa paglago ng ispiritualidad.

you may want to explore light of jesus, ito yung naghheld ng the feast sa picc. meron din cfc, or bukas loobs a diyos. super dami nila na makakahanap ka ng catholic community na magiging at home k.
everyday in everything there's always something to be grateful for!

chicafabulosa

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2013, 05:42:38 pm »
No matter what religion you are in, it doesnt matter. What's important which one you feel you are more connected spiritually with God. If you think you are more at peace and more connected if you attend worship at CCF, then do so.. God will not judge you based on what religion you are in. Its the relationship you have with Him.
A girl's most beautiful outfit is charisma, the prettiest accessory is smile, & the best pair of heels is confidence.

pretty_in_white

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2013, 07:15:47 pm »
:)  I am a baptised as a catholic nga but i go to ccf too.  I joined their discipleship group din and so far ok pa naman.
We tell lies when we are afraid... afraid of what we don't know, afraid of what others will think, afraid of what will be found out about us.  But every time we tell a lie, the thing that we fear grows stronger.  ~Tad Williams

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close