Author Topic: ano ba talaga ang tunay na relihiyon?  (Read 5624 times)

maye2k

• GirlTalker
Re: ano ba talaga ang tunay na relihiyon?
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2014, 06:15:50 pm »
HOW TO IDENTIFY THE TRUE RELIGION?

How can ‘the road to life’ be found? Jesus said that  the true religion would be evident in the lives of the people who practice it. “By their fruits you will recognize them,” he said. “Every good tree produces fine fruit.” (Matthew 7:16, 17) In other words, those who practice the true religion would be recognized by their beliefs and their conduct. Although they are not perfect and they make mistakes, true worshipers as a group seek to do God’s will.

How do God’s servants view the Bible, and how did Jesus set the example in this regard?

God’s servants base their teachings on the Bible. The Bible itself says: “All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, that the man [or woman] of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.” (2 Timothy 3:16, 17) To his fellow Christians, the apostle Paul wrote: “When you received God’s word, which you heard from us, you accepted it, not as the word of men, but, just as it truthfully is, as the word of God.” (1 Thessalonians 2:13) Hence, beliefs and practices of the true religion are not based on human views or tradition. They originate in God’s inspired Word, the Bible.

Jesus Christ set the proper example by basing his teachings on God’s Word. In prayer to his heavenly Father, he said: “Your word is truth.” (John 17:17) Jesus believed the Word of God, and everything he taught harmonized with the Scriptures. Jesus often said: “It is written.” (Matthew 4:4, 7, 10) Then Jesus would quote a scripture. Similarly, God’s people today do not teach their own ideas. They believe that the Bible is God’s Word, and they base their teachings firmly on what it says.

What is involved in worshiping Jehovah?

Those who practice the true religion worship only Jehovah and make his name known. Jesus declared: “It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.” (Matthew 4:10) Thus, God’s servants worship no one other than Jehovah. This worship includes letting people know what the name of the true God is and what he is like. Psalm 83:18 states: “You, whose name is Jehovah, you alone are the Most High over all the earth.” Jesus set the pattern in helping others to get to know God, as he said in prayer: “I have made your name manifest to the men you gave me out of the world.” (John 17:6) Similarly, true worshipers today teach others about God’s name, his purposes, and his qualities.

In what ways do true Christians show love for one another?

God’s people show genuine, unselfish love for one another. Jesus said: “By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves.” (John 13:35) The early Christians had such love for one another. Godly love overcomes racial, social, and national barriers and draws people together in an unbreakable bond of true brotherhood. (Colossians 3:14) Members of false religions do not have such a loving brotherhood. How do we know that? They kill one another because of national or ethnic differences. True Christians do not take up weapons to kill their Christian brothers or anyone else. The Bible states: “The children of God and the children of the Devil are evident by this fact: Everyone who does not carry on righteousness does not originate with God, neither does he who does not love his brother. . . . We should have love for one another; not like Cain, who originated with the wicked one and slaughtered his brother.”—1 John 3:10-12; 4:20, 21.

Of course, genuine love means more than not killing others. True Christians unselfishly use their time, energy, and resources to help and encourage one another. (Hebrews 10:24, 25) They help one another in times of distress, and they deal honestly with others. In fact, they apply in their lives the Bible counsel to “work what is good toward all.”

Why is it important to accept Jesus Christ as God’s means of salvation?

True Christians accept Jesus Christ as God’s means of salvation. The Bible says: “There is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.” (Acts 4:12) As we saw in Chapter 5, Jesus gave his life as a ransom for obedient humans. (Matthew 20:28) In addition, Jesus is God’s appointed King in the heavenly Kingdom that will rule the entire earth. And God requires that we obey Jesus and apply his teachings if we want everlasting life. That is why the Bible states: “He that exercises faith in the Son has everlasting life; he that disobeys the Son will not see life.”—John 3:36.

What does being no part of the world involve?

True worshipers are no part of the world. When on trial before the Roman ruler Pilate, Jesus said: “My kingdom is no part of this world.” (John 18:36) No matter what country they live in, Jesus’ true followers are subjects of his heavenly Kingdom and thus maintain strict neutrality in the world’s political affairs. They take no part in its conflicts. However, Jehovah’s worshipers do not interfere with what others choose to do about joining a political party, running for office, or voting. And while God’s true worshipers are neutral regarding politics, they are law-abiding. Why? Because God’s Word commands them to “be in subjection” to the governmental  “superior authorities.” (Romans 13:1) Where there is a conflict between what God requires and what a political system requires, true worshipers follow the example of the apostles, who said: “We must obey God as ruler rather than men.”—Acts 5:29; Mark 12:17.

How do Jesus’ true followers view God’s Kingdom, and therefore, what action do they take?

Jesus’ true followers preach that God’s Kingdom is  mankind’s only hope. Jesus foretold: “This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.” (Matthew 24:14) Instead of encouraging people to look to human rulers to solve their problems, true followers of Jesus Christ proclaim God’s heavenly Kingdom as the only hope for mankind. (Psalm 146:3) Jesus taught us to pray for that perfect government when he said: “Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.” (Matthew 6:10) God’s Word foretold that this heavenly Kingdom “will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms [now existing], and it itself will stand to times indefinite.”—Daniel 2:44.

What religious group do you believe meets the requirements for true worship?

On the basis of what we have just considered, ask yourself: ‘What religious group bases all its teachings on the Bible and makes known Jehovah’s name? What group practices godly love, exercises faith in Jesus, is no part of the world, and proclaims that God’s Kingdom is the only real hope for mankind? Of all the religious groups on earth, which one meets all these requirements?’ The facts clearly show that it is Jehovah’s Witnesses.—

Isaiah 43:10-12.
 “You are my witnesses,” declares Jehovah,
“Yes, my servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and have faith in me
And understand that I am the same One. Before me no God was formed,
And after me there has been none. 11  I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.” 12  “I am the One who declared and saved and made known
When there was no foreign god among you. So you are my witnesses,” declares Jehovah, “and I am God.

What does God require in addition to believing that he exists?

Simply believing in God is not enough to please him. After all, the Bible says that even the demons believe that God exists. (James 2:19) Obviously, though, they do not do God’s will and do not have his approval. To be approved by God, not only must we believe in his existence but we must also do his will. We must also break free from false religion and embrace true worship.

Just sharing..

mrsonthego

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2014, 07:32:58 pm »
^Jehovah's Witness ka po?  :)

candygrenade

• Strawberry Girl, Banana Split Lady
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • 永遠に愛してくれてありがとう♥
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2014, 12:41:23 am »
Wala..Hindi nga yun nabanggit sa Bible. :D

sabi nga ni Dalai Lama, my religion is kindness

OffT: Nakakamiss ang mga Catholic songs

TRUE!

“We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection.”

Personally? My religion is UNIVERSAL LOVE. Cheesy, but I am convinced it is the One True Way.
Ego tells us that only when things fall into place will we attain Peace. But if we listen to the Spirit, our Higher Self will tell us that only when we are at Peace will things fall into place...

maye2k

• GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2014, 08:57:13 am »
^Jehovah's Witness ka po?  :)

yes po :D

khaleesiCersei

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2014, 02:48:25 am »
"The Kingdom of God is inside you and all around you,
Not in a mansion of wood and stone.
Split a piece of wood and God is there,
Lift a stone and you will find God."

In my opnion.. Wala sa religion yan.. Nasa faith yan, faith that there is somebody up there greater than all of us..

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2014, 03:33:47 am »

when you leave something for something better and you finally find that thing you're looking for,
in the end whether shallow or not ang reason ng paglipat lipat ng isang tao, lahat yun under God's will. tatawanan mo lang later yun. God works in mysterious ways. never underestimate his love.

Agree. 

My simple opinion is that whatever the religion: the end goal is to uplift the self to the Self.
God is in every religion.  His love  is unlimited. 

Since the start -- when mankind grasped the concept of religion --  the insistence that 1 religion is the better one, or the "true" religion has led to great conflict & massive sufferings.  To this day, this insistence is the root of wars & much cruelty inflicted on others.   

FN Administrator

• Administrator
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2014, 04:00:15 pm »
Reminding everyone in the thread to make your point without having to bully others. Another report and this thread will be locked.

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2014, 08:29:23 am »
i think this thread should be locked because pinoys are not yet ready to openly discuss different beliefs the way people do in highly developed countries.

pinoys are very clannish  and our attitudes are still very far from the attitudes that people in progressive countries have. over there, religion is as private as one's sex life -- you don't discuss it openly. when discussed, every angle is touched on and even other beliefs are discussed objectively. mahihiya pa sila i enganyo ka sa paniniwala nila! it is even more beautiful when someone like the Dalai Lama visits their place. how is it beautiful? because people from all religions visit him. see, they're able to unite. unlike sa pinas, forever fragmented. religion man or politics.

problem kasi with us pinoys, we think that the SOLE belief that we cling on is the truth. dito nga sa amin, if you ask someone to share and explain their belief. mahihiya pa sila ----they don't even claim that theirs is right path. again, nahihiya pa sila.

with the "im right, you're wrong" attitude. expect discussions to be like Israel and Palestine.

never ending yan.

the best way, imho, for a seeker or a "lost soul" is to PERSONALLY approach someone from the different belief systems and spend some time learning the basics of the system.

imbes na dito pa tatanunging.

then pag hindi niya like, say goodbye respecfully and move to another belief system. move and move until you find the one that works for you.

how will you know that it works for you? growth is tremendous.  life becomes better. and if its for you, you will not leave you belief anymore. you know deeply its for you. the oneness is there. God's expression via that pathway is for you.

this thread is not needed for the sincere seeker, because a sincere seeker will seek privately on his own. he is open and respectful.  this thread is something for the showbiz /controversy types, or for someone who enjoys seeing people clash.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 08:53:05 am by akthung »
I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

mrsonthego

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2014, 04:35:40 pm »
^agree!

nettai

• Tropical Citrus Fruit
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2014, 10:19:22 pm »
I agree with bro akthung. Thing is, no two persons have the same way of thinking. One will always say that his or her belief is more "right" than any others, and no one can make all people agree with him or her.

Unless there is logical or empirical proof, we cannot say that there is one true religion. What is only left with us are the writings (Quran, Bible, Torah, analects, etc) which are not even verified as 100% true and cannot be considered as infallible and inerrant; there is only faith and/or personal experience.
~ Crux Sacra Sit Mihi Lux, Non Draco Sit Mihi Dux ~

Lurker_Man

• GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2014, 07:44:48 am »
Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.  -JAMES 1:27

brendzy

• Carpe Diem
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • sweet surrender
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2014, 08:06:01 pm »
napapansin ko sa mga taong who feel "pagka-uhaw" sa faith will convert to other religion and would say they found God in that religion, nagbago ang buhay nila etc etc..

for me personally, rather than converting or diverting to other religion, why not deepen your faith by researching what your faith is. as a Catholic, ano ba ang mga teachings ng simbahan na dapat kong alamin sa faith ko. bakit nga ba ito ang kinagishan kong faith simula pagkabata, ano ba ang dapat kong alamin sa paniniwalang ito.

kaya maraming Katoliko ang madaling mag-convert to other religion kasi kadalasan hindi nila alam kung ano ang faith nila, ang babaw ng pagkaka-alam nila sa faith nila. kaya tuloy pag nagka-bf na ibang religion, easily moved and converted.

not meant to argue, but I was a little affected kasi I, too, converted to other, please do not generalize yung iba mong naencounter na converted din. I converted from Catholic kasi it's true I do not understand the faith I am into then. Most of the time we make decisions for the better, hindi naman for the worse di ba? If one thing is not making you a better person even you exert the best effort then you need to look for something. I believe if you have a deepened knowledge with your faith, then you will not even post what you had posted. Thanks
This is me, I am lovingly and uniquely created by God and I love me! Lol

schizo_me

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Live Enjoy Act Love Express See and Awaken
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2014, 09:36:46 am »
^ agree.. sabi kasi nila ang soul mo daw talaga ang naghahanap kung saan ka mag-grogrow..

misissara

• Probationary
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2015, 03:14:48 am »

LOGICALLY there must be just one true religion. This is in harmony with the fact that the true God is a God, “not of disorder, but of peace.” (1 Corinthians 14:33) Furthermore, Jesus Christ spoke of those who practice such religion as worshiping God “with spirit and truth,” and truth is never at disagreement with itself. (John 4:23, 24) How can you identify them and know that their worship is indeed the one approved by God?

Is there a true religion?

▪ When Jesus met a woman in Samaria who had been deceived by false religion, he said to her: “You worship what you do not know . . . The true worshipers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for, indeed, the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him.” (John 4:22, 23) Clearly, true worship can be found.

Identifying Marks of the True Religion

1.) It's teachings are based firmly on the inspired Scriptures (Bible) 2 Timothy 3:16. Hindi nag-da-dagdag ng mga doctrines na hindi Biblical and hindi rin naman nag-i-ignore sa maraming Biblical parts.

2) The true religion advocates worship of only the one true God (Deuteronomy 4:35)

3) An important part of worship that is pleasing to God is faith in his Son, Jesus Christ. (John 3:36; Acts 4:12). Hindi lang puro faith, there has to be action.

4) True worship is not tainted by involvement in politics and worldly conflicts. (James 1:27). Because Jesus said regarding his followers: “They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world.” (John 17:16) Jesus did not meddle in politics, and he restrained his followers from resorting to carnal weapons. 

5) The true religion teaches and practices unselfish love. (John 13:35; 1 John 3:10-12) Such love is not just spoken about in sermons. It actually draws together in genuine brotherhood people of all races, all economic groups, all languages, all nations. (Revelation 7:9, 10)

6) The true religion advocates God’s Kingdom as the lasting solution to the problems of humankind. (Daniel 2:44; 7:13, 14; 2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 21:4, 5) - God's Kingdom is the main theme of the Bible.

jw.org

red_yesha

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2015, 10:06:38 am »
Tunay na relihiyon? that I don't know.
Madasalin ako pero hindi ko pa talaga alam kung saang relihiyon ako aanib.
Sumubok na ako ng iba't ibang relihiyon pero hindi ko pa rin talaga ito nahahanap.
Dun sa isang sinubukan kong relihiyon kiniclaim nila na sila daw ang tama. Medyo nayabangan lang ako kasi karamihan sa miyembro nila ay kinukutya ang ibang relihiyon. Ayoko naman ng ganun. Sana man lang respeto sa ibang paniniwala.
hayss.. hanggang ngayon naliligaw pa rin ako. Siguro ipagpapatuloy ko nalang ang pagpapakabait ko. hehe
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. :)

quinone

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2015, 12:32:17 am »
i think maswerte na rin tayo sa panahon ngayon at may internet na at maraming religions na pwede natin mapag-aralan.

yung iba nakita yung nahanap nila by hopping from one religion to another, pero sa mga naghahanap pa rin despite doing that then i would suggest researching.ok rin yung suggestion ni bluish_mommy, deepen your understanding by learning more about the Catholic faith...or explore other religions too, pero i would suggest going the 'apologetics' route. huwag yung kung sino-sino lang na member ng this or that religion ang tatanungin mo.

the following people may mga clips sa youtube: Catholic apologists such as Jimmy Akin, Scott Hahn, Trent Horn. yung mga evangelicals naman, i like listening to Ravi Zacharias, Michael Ramsden, Nabeel Qureshi.

beware lang sa mga religions na literal maginterpret ng Bible. lastly, pray for it na huwag ka madeceive o maligaw.

bluish_mommy

• ako ang bluish na
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2015, 07:09:01 am »
^sis, I also watch Scott Hahn, also Taylor Marshall.

quinone

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2015, 09:13:25 am »
^thanks! i will watch more of his clips when i find time :)

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close