watch now

Author Topic: All about Breastpumping part 4  (Read 26130 times)

Micaaa

  • Guest
Re: All about Breastpumping part 4
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2014, 06:46:26 pm »
No, I'm a full time mom. :) I drink malunggay capsules everyday and occasionally halaan and malunggay to keep my milk supply up. I've tried to make my son relatch but then his mouth is still too small so he ends up getting irritated so instead of forcing him I just opted to continue pumping. :(

MaraMeow

  • Guest
Re: All about Breastpumping part 4
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2014, 02:19:23 pm »
Hello mommies ask ko lang.. Manual na breast pump gamit ko, first ko triny is yung avent manual breastpump hindi siya okay sakin, napupunta yung milk sa diaphragm and naglealeak din sa breast shell.. sorry hindi ko maexplain ng maayos hehe.. then I tried tommee tippee manual breast pump din okay naman kaso minsan nagleleak din sa breast shell may ginagawa ba akong mali? any tips? thanks

Micaaa

  • Guest
Re: All about Breastpumping part 4
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2014, 03:46:15 pm »
Hi sis! Baka mali yung mag pasok ng breast mo sa may pump? :) Nag Avent manual pump rin kasi ako before pero hindi naman nagleleak. Pero at first akala ko rin nag leleak pero mali lang pala yung position ng breast ko. :)

prickyslime

  • Guest
Re: All about Breastpumping part 4
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2014, 06:07:29 pm »
Hi mommies. Manghihingi sana ako ng tips kung paano kayo naglilinis ng manual breastpump.
saka kung halimbawa, nagpump ako ngayon tapos nagstop ako ng mga 1 hour or 2hours, tapos mag-papump ulit ako. need ko pa ba isterilize ulit yung pump? TIA!

iristacey

  • Guest
Re: All about Breastpumping part 4
« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2014, 07:16:49 am »
^pumps are good to use for 24hrs provided they are kept cool. put it back in the ref and place it on a sealed container. as for cleaning, just wash the pump parts with baby bottle cleanser then sterilize, that's it :)

bluemargarita

  • Guest
Re: All about Breastpumping part 4
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2014, 11:50:47 am »
Hello ive been direct feeding and pumping the last 10 months.lately, parang sobrang humina supply ko when i pump.before, i can fill up 4 na 4oz na avent bottles. I pump 2x sa work..one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Ngayon one or two 4 oz na lang napupuno ko at work.. Ano kayang nangyari?  I use unimom pump. Is it because malakas na kag solids ang baby ko? I take natalac capsules twice a day. Paano ba palakasin uli ang supply?

iristacey

  • Guest
Re: All about Breastpumping part 4
« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2014, 02:36:25 pm »
^baka pwedeng dagdagan mo yung pumping mo sa office from 2x to 3x?

prickyslime

  • Guest
Re: All about Breastpumping part 4
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2014, 06:15:02 pm »
hi mommies. natural lang ba na humina ang milk supply kapag nagka-mens na? :[ saka pano ulit padamihim? para kasing ang hina na nya unlike nung before pako magka-mens.

shooting_star

  • Guest
Re: All about Breastpumping part 4
« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2014, 07:29:13 am »
^ ako super humina yung milk supply when I got my period back.

Here's what I did:
- pump as soon as I wake up
- increased expressing milk from 3 to 4 times (over an 8 hour work day)
- eat tinola w/ lots of malunggay
- eat lactation cupcakes
- latch-all-you can when I'm with my baby

Ang tagal din bago bumalik sa dati yung pump output ko. We had to dip into our freezer stash.

chin0608

  • Guest
Re: All about Breastpumping part 4
« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2016, 09:20:53 am »
Has anyone tried Horigen Double Electric Breast Pump? and how was it?  :)

crzysxycl

  • Guest
Re: All about Breastpumping part 4
« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2016, 08:33:16 am »
hi mommies! im currently 31 weeks preggy, ftm. pahingi naman feedback on spectra m1. also, gaano po katagal pwede store ang breastmilk sa freezer? saka yung sinasabing "stash", good for how long po yun? thank you! :)

caterpillar-girl

  • Guest
Re: All about Breastpumping part 4
« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2016, 09:12:01 am »
I don't have feedback on the M1 but I have the Spectra350 and I wish I bought the S1 instead. Portable kasi ang S1 (350 is not) which would have been useful when you're out of the house and need to pump on the go. Still, a friend lent me her Medela Freestyle and overall I like that better than my Spectra.

Re storage: there are different rules, but I adhere to this: 6 hours in room temp, 8 days in the refrigerator, and 6 months in the freezer. Some say 5-6 hours lang in room temp, then 3-5 days lang sa ref. Personally I have given my baby breastmilk that's been in the ref for a week and my baby has had no problems at all. But that's max na. Any more than 8 days, I wouldn't take a chance anymore even if wala namang smell. But make sure if you thaw frozen breastmilk that you never refreeze it. Thawed breastmilk must be consumed within 24 hours.

Re stash, there's no rule about how much stash you need to have. I guess it depends on how much milk you can express and what your baby's needs are. Like if you're going back to work and you can only pump a few ounces a day, but baby needs 10 ounces while you're gone, better make sure you have enough to last you a week or so para hindi ka naghahabol ng pagpump. Hindi ka isang pump, isang feed.

crzysxycl

  • Guest
Re: All about Breastpumping part 4
« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2016, 12:06:56 am »
^Thank you very much sis!

Ireneeeeee

  • Guest
Re: All about Breastpumping part 4
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2016, 10:44:45 am »
Has anyone tried Horigen Double Electric Breast Pump? and how was it?  :)

i have the dual and single mini. sa bahay yun dual while sa office mini gamit ko. i love them both! no complaints:)

coco_cola

  • Guest
Re: All about Breastpumping part 4
« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2016, 08:35:13 am »
I understand that the standard amount to be given when bottle feeding breast milk is 1-1.5 oz per hour.

I will still be direct latching and will just bottle feed when I'm out. I'll start pumping after my baby has reached 6 weeks.

What if I'll be out the whole night?  Is it still on an per hour basis?

Thank you.

Which is Witch?

  • Guest
Re: All about Breastpumping part 4
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2016, 11:01:05 pm »
Hello mga sis, di pa ko nakakapagbackread. May question lang ako. Hand me down yung breastpump ko, from my sister. Is it necessary to replace any breastpump parts? If yes, ano yung mga parts na need palitan? TIA!

ghye

  • Guest
Re: All about Breastpumping part 4
« Reply #96 on: July 04, 2016, 04:48:24 pm »
^Nope, I don't think you need to replace any of the parts unless broken especially that you know who the previous owner is.  Just sterilize and it's good to go again.

Which is Witch?

  • Guest
Re: All about Breastpumping part 4
« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2016, 09:10:39 am »
Thanks sis ghye!

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: All about Breastpumping part 4
« Reply #98 on: July 08, 2016, 05:45:27 pm »
^otherwise, you can buy those parts that gets in contact with milk for hygienic reasons. Membranes, bottles..

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close