Author Topic: why you shouldn't put women on a pedestal  (Read 2769 times)

sacred cow

  • Guest

NC

  • Guest
Re: why you shouldn't put women on a pedestal
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 08:31:54 am »
Because they are still alive.

ragnar_danneskjold

  • Guest
Re: why you shouldn't put women on a pedestal
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 07:40:08 pm »
...because it's f--king pathetic.

sacred cow

  • Guest
Re: why you shouldn't put women on a pedestal
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 09:20:32 pm »
^ correct, unfortunately most men especially in our country think otherwise

chichi143

  • Guest
Re: why you shouldn't put women on a pedestal
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 09:24:38 pm »
i agree with the article. if a guy's like that, it's a big turn off. but it can be worked on. they write pretty awesome articles in thought catalog :)

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: why you shouldn't put women on a pedestal
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 12:03:20 pm »
Hey!! :(

It's okay to "worship"

ughh I hate that word. [insert less pathetic word here]

 women naman..I mean, not worship per se, you know, treat them like queens/princesses.
 I actually praise guys and appreciate them when they do that.. but it gets freaky
if done too much. I mean, treating them like a princess when she's at her weakest
(eg can someone google up brad pitt and angelina jolie "woman is reflection of her man")
is actually pretty sweet and empowering. :)

I don't know how to explain it, but I don't want chivalry to die (please god no) and I still
want to be treated like a princess and I'm sure girls still want to be treated as special,

but the guy in the catalog just sounds about pathetic. The guy is worshipping the girl but
putting himself down (which shouldnt be the case) That is TOO beta behavior. I'm not saying
that guys should be alpha-holes too but it all boils down to what type of girl you're wooing.

Naturally if your girl is alpha-ish either she wants a beta to push around, or an alpha as high as
her. I'm assuming this one is the latter. Actually, sometimes girls want a bit of both. :)
I know I do, I mean, it's nice if someone can run errands for you sometimes or help you,
and it's also nice to know that the guy you're with doesn't make you ashamed to be in his presence
(or pathetic)

I don’t want to feel like I can walk all over you, because if I think I can, I might. :)

hershey

  • Guest
Re: why you shouldn't put women on a pedestal
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 06:05:11 pm »
^ i agree with your last line

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close