Author Topic: Single moms..... would you?  (Read 21394 times)

dheive

• GirlTalker
  • babaeng becky
Single moms..... would you?
« on: July 03, 2013, 02:17:10 am »
 guys question: would you consider dating... courting and then eventually marrying a single mom?
Dont waste a minute not being happy. If one window closes, run to the next window or break down a door. ;)

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
Re: Single moms..... would you?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 05:00:26 am »
if its love, its love right?

pre-started family.  ;D

I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

babyboo.0326

• Senior GirlTalker
  • "Believe..."
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 05:33:07 am »
^i agree. when it's love, it has no conditions  :)
"One should always be in love. That is the reason why one should never marry.  -  Oscar Wilde"

sacred cow

• Nice Asshole
  • GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
  • alpha fvcks, beta bvcks
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 08:37:56 am »
go out on dates: YES
having sex: YES
courting: NO, kahit naman dalaga hindi ko liligawan
dating: NO, dati may isang nagparamdam pero yun nga may anak tsaka 'di ko masyado type
marriage: only if she was widowed, rich and is really really hot and if I'm widowed and with kids as well

honestly, not to be sexist or anything but raising another man's kid is extremely beta behavior

and reading threads like these http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=195952 would make you
really run the other way.

Not sure about the mature part but I do know that women age faster than men

Women who are interested won't confuse you

What women say they want and what they actually want are often 2 different things

sacred cow

• Nice Asshole
  • GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 10:48:37 am »
^ props to amethyst028, reminds me of my friend's gf whose situation is almost identical to yours. the way
she looks and carries herself, you wouldn't believe na nanay na siya...I was actually surprised to meet her kid
last time I visited them. Maybe I'm just jaded from the experiences of my friends and other people, kaya
ganito pag-iisip ko...I fear the day na kainin ko sinabi/pinost ko...lol

What women say they want and what they actually want are often 2 different things

Green_Ice

• Probationary
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 03:45:46 pm »

amethyst028, bow naman ako sa iyo, ikaw na! You must be on fire, girl!  ;)

Well for me, as long as the relation is not illicit, (wala ng sabit), I can consider to go with a single mother. As long as you love each other, the status then should not be that important. I will accept her as she is for I know whatever "mistake" she had in the past, I know its not for her to carry the burden for the rest of her life. She deserves happiness and love for her lifetime.

Being a single mother is not a destiny, it is journey that some women go through with - to make them a better person because the past will never define your future.

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 03:54:30 pm »
kanya kanyang pananaw at paniniwala lang yan. if jive, then good. if hindi. sorry.
I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

anon

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 04:11:25 pm »
guys question: would you consider dating... courting and then eventually marrying a single mom?

dating, yes
courting, yes
marrying, yes

sa akin kasi, its a 'why not, coconut?' type of question.

viellemacey

• Senior GirlTalker
  • a proud mathematician ,")
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 08:17:52 pm »
single mom here. 6 months pa lang girly ko and eversince i got pregnant wala na yung daddy nya. why? because he's too afraid to take responsibilities.

i honestly went through that phase "baka wala ng magkagusto sa'kin" and pagnaaalala ko ngayon yun natatawa na lang ako. i have the best gift, my daughter, so why should i worry being alone. one time i'm out with my friends who are moms too and there's this group of guys who introduced themselves. in all fairness gwapo naman. one even asked for my # but i never gave mine, why should i? not that cheap huh! and maybe he just saw me arrived with my m.sports kaya he's interested ( lol ).

my secret, i don't wear make ups, i just make sure that i look presentable, smells good and i never deny that i already had a baby. so what if people think i'm such a disgrace, i can't please everyone because i'm not oblige.

to those guys who can't take to marry someone like us, its ok, iba iba ang tao. but i salute those who are brave enough to marry us and have an instant family. it takes a real man to accept us.
growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional :)

sacred cow

• Nice Asshole
  • GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 08:52:02 pm »
it takes a real man to accept us.

hahaha...dito talaga ako natatawa sa mga single moms, why do you keep saying that it takes a real man to accept/marry you.
you girls are not any more special than women na walang anak. pampalubag loob lang yata yan sainyo.

ang real man pinapanagutan ang nabuntis niya, preferring a woman na walang anak doesn't make us any less of a man.
what I do believe is that it takes a man na sobrang blinded by love or wala nang ibang options to go for a single mom and not care about the consequences/drama that she entails.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 09:09:58 pm by sacred cow »

viellemacey

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2013, 09:12:43 pm »
^waahhh! na-quote pa tuloy ako. haha. anyways sabi nga iba iba tayo ng POVs.

but i have to say we are all made special and will stay special no matter what :)

sacred cow

• Nice Asshole
  • GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2013, 09:16:56 pm »
^of course we are :)

viellemacey

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2013, 09:21:10 pm »
^like!

anon

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2013, 08:29:26 am »
what I do believe is that it takes a man na sobrang blinded by love or wala nang ibang options to go for a single mom and not care about the consequences/drama that she entails.

wow. such a holier-than-thou BS statement.

Green_Ice

• Probationary
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2013, 10:02:41 am »
Whoah, we got a chauvinist here! :P
Aray ko! Kung makalait ka naman ng mga Pinoy, wagas!  :(

I beg to disagree na mas ok pa mga foreigner. And the word 'foreigner' is a general term, be it caucasian, mongolian or negroid...I think nasa tao lang naman yan at wala sa ano mang race natin, of having a single mother as a partner.

jonielle

• GirlTalker
  • Guy po ako (",)
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2013, 10:07:25 am »
Why not? If a am single now I might court my high school friend who was abandoned by his husband.

anon

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2013, 10:34:08 am »
Unfortunately sacred cow's POV reflects the majority of male Pinoys' double standard perspective. I'm sure for his ilk, it's okay for a single dad to marry a virgin. Tama ba, cow?

This is why I wouldn't blame Pinays if they choose non-Pinoys to build a meaningful relationship with.

sacred cow

• Nice Asshole
  • GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2013, 12:10:34 pm »
^ actually hindi lang pinoy pre, if you look at male forums...it is generally the consensus that dating single moms
are not worth the drama/problems na kasama. I also have single mom friends na 2x na nabuntis sa magkaibang lalake pa,
friends na nagdate ng single mom and then regretted it later. I know it's unfair to those single moms na mabuti naman
at hindi naman batshit crazy, kaso more often than not kasi...nagiging siraulo talaga mga single moms.
Her kid would almost always also come first at pangalawa ka lang...unless if the kid is both your child, e pantay kayo nung bata. Bakit ko gugustuhing makipag-agawan
ng pwesto sa bata, kung pwede namang ako yung priority niya.

regarding your rhetorical question, nasa virgin naman yun kung papatol siya sa single dad. there's nothing right or wrong
basta dapat alam niya yung papasukin niya.

we all have our own criteria for dating someone, some of us might consider dating single moms kasi para sa kanila
hindi naman kaso yun while for some people like me would prefer not to.
while I would consider dating a 16 yr old, but for some guys...it's not worth the trouble (girl is too immature, fear of judgement from society, delikado makipagsexual relations, different wavelengths)

I'm not foisting my opinion on other guys, nasa sainyo naman yun if you wanna play another man's saved game.

Girltalker2

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2013, 08:41:21 am »
^ ganun talaga sa Asia. It is very typical kasi nasa culture natin eh.

That's why single moms end up marrying Caucasians kasi mas open minded sila. They like you as you are and not because hindi ka pa naanakan or nakapag-asawa in the past.

It is really not easy to date single moms.  I am a single mom myself and it took me several years to leave my marriage simply because I do not want to be branded as a single mom.  I went through the normal course of courtship, engagement, got married a virgin, then gave birth to my kids.  Then parang di ko matanggap na I will end up just like any other disgrasyada (sorry for the term - but that's how the oldies look at it).  At the end of the day, narealize ko din na kahit ano pa ang napagdaanan ng tao, ang importante ay masaya sya at wala syang ginagawang masama. So sabi ko sa sarili ko alangan naman I stick to the marriage just for the sake of avoiding the branding. Eh ano ngayon, ang point is I am happier to be a single mom rather than sticking it out with an *censored*.

Another reason why it is a bit complicated to date single moms is - they have less time on their hands.  Admittedly, since single mom ka, you have to be focused on being the mother and father to your kid/s.  Kasama na dyan financial stability mo, well-being din ng mga anak mo.  May mga kids din kasi involved.  So if the guy is not mature enough and open minded enough (which most Pinoys are by the way), chances are he won't be able to take it. In the end, kung magsama man kayo, there will be a lot of issues, with your ex (if he is still around), with your kids, and paano mo hahatiin ang oras mo.

Single dads are not as complicated compared to single moms.  Though syempre iba parin kung walang sabit.  For single dads kasi, most of them, wala sa poder nila ang mga anak nila, either nasa grandparents or ex wife, kaya chances are they have more freedom compared to single moms.

Kung ako ang lalaki na single, papapiliin ako single mom vs a girl never been married before, all things equal. Syempre, common sense naman na you will pick the later, unless there is this something sa single mom na super head over heels nagfall ka na.

May mga guys nga, ang target single moms - not for long term. Only for short term relationships kasi feeling nila mas madali ikama since they are not as shy compared to girls na hindi pa married, kasi mas experienced na.  As for single moms naman, with kids around na kelangan nila palakihin nang maayos, the more they cannot afford to be desperate and the more they should be discerning to their future partners kasi they simply cannot afford to mess up their life further.

jonielle

• GirlTalker
  • Guy po ako (",)
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2013, 11:44:20 am »
May mga guys nga, ang target single moms - not for long term. Only for short term relationships kasi feeling nila mas madali ikama

I strongly disagree with this  :P no pun intended maam.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close