Author Topic: Doomsday Preppers  (Read 10502 times)

ysuran

• GirlTalker
  • GuyTalker
Re: Doomsday Preppers
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2016, 12:49:28 pm »
Salamat sa inputs akthung. Sana ay makita to ng mga girls dito na interested into prepping and survival. Doc Arvin (Sese)? tama ba sir?  He is also known for his affordable but very high quality seseblades.
Lalaki po ako.. :)

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2016, 04:07:07 pm »
Salamat sa inputs akthung. Sana ay makita to ng mga girls dito na interested into prepping and survival. Doc Arvin (Sese)? tama ba sir?  He is also known for his affordable but very high quality seseblades.

yung iba member na sis.

yes Doc Arvin ng Sese blades.

yan ang paboritong blade ng Camp Red. binubugbog nila mga blades ni Doc Ar. and the perform well.

the true test of a good blade is its actual use. hindi yung binabaril ng rifle yung blade.

why buy a 40k pesos blade? when you can buy several blades and put them in vital areas like your BOL, House, Office, etc... you can buy many things with 35k (considering you spent 5 on others)

« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 04:10:59 pm by akthung »
I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

ysuran

• GirlTalker
  • GuyTalker
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2016, 09:51:23 am »

hindi yung binabaril ng rifle yung blade.

naalala ko tuloy yung review sa cold steel recon 1, ganyan na ganyan binabaril.  ;D

anyway, magkano ba ang price range ng blades ni doc arvin? planning to buy kasi, lagay sa bahay for when SHTF use only.  Isa pa sa mga worth mentioning na local blades ay yung uragon blades of Dong Linao. roughly 1.2k++ lang yun tracker knife.  :)

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2016, 04:24:03 pm »
naalala ko tuloy yung review sa cold steel recon 1, ganyan na ganyan binabaril.  ;D

anyway, magkano ba ang price range ng blades ni doc arvin? planning to buy kasi, lagay sa bahay for when SHTF use only.  Isa pa sa mga worth mentioning na local blades ay yung uragon blades of Dong Linao. roughly 1.2k++ lang yun tracker knife.  :)

from what i remember his long blades are around 1500 mark. it can go up depending on the model, steel, etc. may mga models na din na powder coated.

si doc kasi utilitarian ang philosophy niya. second is afforability. last na ang itsura.

meron kaming friend nabumili sa kanya ng parang 4inch blade ata. anywhere from 4-6inches.

pinagwapo niya talaga, re-shape niya ng konti, pina cerakote, nilagyan ng custom micarta scales, etc...para na din siyang bumili ng ESEE...price wise. but performance wise iba pa din kay doc ar. lalo na convex blade. ( i have esee knives).

kaya it just proves that 1) he's keeping the price down by going conservative on looks without compromising perfomance 2) you can customize whatever you buy and make it look imported. gagastos ka nga lang. lalo na sa abrasives dahil matigas na yung certain parts ng bakal.

but personally i like his knives because they blend well with the philipppine environment. hindi mag iisip ang tao na mayaman ka, marami kang preps. and if you lose it its okay.  unlike Busse, halata agad may pera ka. pag nawala mo mararamdaman mo. and its too fat of a knife.

but knife lovers tend to play around, me included to an extent, but in terms of the kinds of knife that I NEED, masaya na ako sa meron ko.

I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

summersong

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2016, 01:42:29 am »
Ngayon ko lang napansin may ganitong thread pala.

Ang lawak ng sakop ng term na prepping. It can be as simple as preparing to hunker down during typhoons or in extreme cases (and unlimited access to resources) be able to live off-grid for several years.

I rather lean on the more practical aspects of preparedness.  Developing skills, increasing knowledge base, and healthy living rather than acquiring the latest gadgets. For example, try and adopt the lifestyle common during and right after WW2? People had been forced to be really innovative during this period para makaahon sa epekto ng digmaan. I love talking to the elderly. You can really learn a lot from them.

What helped for me was that early in life I had been exposed to the outdoors, camping, and staying periodically in areas so remote they have never been touched by electricity. But despite this, alam kong sobrang madami pa kong kailangang matutunan. At kailangan pa ng madaming budget para marating ang level ng preparedness na komportable ako. :D

Eventually, kung talagang oras na natin,wala tayong magagawa. But what if it's not an end of the world scenario and the outcome would've been eons in your favor if only you had what was needed? It could be something as simple as a knife to cut the seatbelt off you or your kid so you can get out of your car after an accident. It may not be as dramatic as that most of the time, but at least it will increase your level of comfort while everybody else is scrambling around to gather supplies that are fast running out.

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2016, 02:34:57 am »
Ngayon ko lang napansin may ganitong thread pala.

Ang lawak ng sakop ng term na prepping. It can be as simple as preparing to hunker down during typhoons or in extreme cases (and unlimited access to resources) be able to live off-grid for several years.

I rather lean on the more practical aspects of preparedness. 

Eventually, kung talagang oras na natin,wala tayong magagawa. But what if it's not an end of the world scenario and the outcome would've been eons in your favor if only you had what was needed? It could be something as simple as a knife to cut the seatbelt off you or your kid so you can get out of your car after an accident. It may not be as dramatic as that most of the time, but at least it will increase your level of comfort while everybody else is scrambling around to gather supplies that are fast running out.

Malawak talaga. on the other hand, i prefer to use the term preparedness. pag doomsday kasi or preppers, parang may negative connotation. even the word 'suvivalist' has a negative connotation...depende sa tao, but one common interpretation is hard core ka na tao, brusko, less finesse, weird

many nga of us started as a boy scout or some sort of outdoorsman. on the other hand sino naman gusto maging biktma ng circumstance. yes we can't predict what will happen to us, but we can at least control to an extent our direction, maybe make our situation a bit bearable, and luck also favors the prepared

hindi bat yung mga stragglers na japs noong nag surrender sila, and upon medical examination, they're found to be healthy. syempre active sila sa jungle, they had to physically work to to eat, maybe starve a little, they were not exposed to electronics or magnetic fields, nor were they exposed to sugary foods and drinks, the water they drink is healthy, the jungle is also full of healthy energy....the life style after WWII as also pretty much simple but not as raw as the jungle.

yung lugar nga namin near tagaytay, nagtatanim kami and most of our vegetable needs come from our garden (actually guerilla farming). part of our lighting system is solar powered.

before i moved to Oz, yung isang business ko was water station, but i did not operate within a 2-5km radius, multi city ang aking AO. despite stiff competition, my promise to my customers was i will serve them water as long as its safe to deliver. however i encouraged them to stock up on water pag may bagyong parating, i lend them bottles sometimes, payment is arranged and not outright. noong typhoon milenyo kasi daming water station nawalan ng tubig. many tried to buy from me noon pero i had to do a triage on them. syempre unahin ko yung loyal sa akin pero may consideration din sa level ng urgency (ie may baby vs ipang flush ng toilet). to support my promise i had huge huge tanks on standby (raw water + flood proof, some are even on the roof), then i have a generator, machine is highly elevated and can be easily dissembled, extra filters + supplies + parts, isuzu trucks with high clearance.... i can actually operate and serve my customer base for at least one month. isa eto sa major prepping strategies ko noon. and noon, friends can buy water from me, raw or purified, as long as they pay for transportation costs pag malayong malayo. pero kung prolonged shtf, i'd draw the line somewhere.

eto, part na din ng practical view ko on prepping. i dont have a bunker or an armory. i dont even have highly specialized communication equipment or even an EMP proof, NBC proof bunker/stronghold lol

« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 10:19:47 am by akthung »

ysuran

• GirlTalker
  • GuyTalker
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2016, 09:41:46 am »
^wow, bilib ako sa bro at least kahit papano may gameplan or strategy ka when hit shtf, at nagamit mo yung available resources mo nung bagyong milenyo. You have an experienced already and naexecute mo ng maayos yung prepping knowledge mo last calamity. I think may natutunan din sayo yung mga clients mo that time regarding emergency preparedness.. Keep it up!

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2016, 10:32:02 am »
Hopefully,  noon ndi pa sikat ang preparedness. Pero malaki concern, sa well being ng nasa immediate surroundings noon.

yung machine kong yun, together with my consultant, dinesign ko to be efficient.  It can produce all the water for all on my customer list + 30% extra in 1 hr 30 minutes. so i can use the generator somewhere else.

yung bahay namin may stand by na water tank and pressure tank. Noon 90s na nawawalan ng tubig sa manila, gamit na gamit namin. Basta pag nawala ang tubig, close lang valve ng mains, then open yung tank papuntang pressure tank. So normal consumption kami ng tubig for one week. Kung bisita ka hindi mo mararamdaman nga na may shortage kasi tuloy ang laba, shower and flush. After one week, rationing na. Worse na experience namin was 3 weeks ata na walang water. Pero since may business din kami noong araw na selling clean water (not in purified water standards na zero tds) may tankers kami. So pinapadaan ko na lang sa bahay and i top up na lang tanke namin.

ysuran

• GirlTalker
  • GuyTalker
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2016, 04:39:54 pm »
^hi akthung, any reference where I can look for seseblades (yung kung may mapagpipilian  ;D)? Hanggang ngayon, folding knife lang meron ako. for BOB, kelangan ko ng fixed/full tang blade for when SHTF.

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2016, 04:39:42 am »
Sis sa facebook lang, look for "Sese blades".

ysuran

• GirlTalker
  • GuyTalker
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2016, 08:49:24 am »
^Thank you! will do later, btw. Lalaki po ako.. hehe..

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2016, 09:51:01 am »
Haha alright. Sa ibang forum naman kahit lalaki "Sis" pa din tawag or Beki (as a joke).

ysuran

• GirlTalker
  • GuyTalker
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2016, 02:04:28 pm »
^LOL. anyway, nagcheck ako sa seseblade search sa fb, hanap ko yung parang kukri type sana, mga pasadya ba ang mga sese blade, or may mga ready-made na?

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2016, 08:24:41 am »
Sir by batches po kasi pagawa ni Doc. Kunwari batches of 10 ng type A. Then gagawa sya ng Type B. The one may have to wait depende sa availability.

ysuran

• GirlTalker
  • GuyTalker
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2016, 10:30:16 am »
Where can I see the announcement of Doc Arvin? or mag pm na lang me sa kanya sa fb nya? Di ko kasi alam mga pangalan/types ng sese blades. hehe..

summersong

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2016, 01:04:36 pm »
^ You can identify the different types of blades he produces through the posts. I don't often see him posting what types of blades he has readily available. Pm mo na lang. :) The blades I got from him are good workhorses.

I hope those affected by Hurricane Matthew will be okay. I was monitoring how people in Florida are scrambling for whatever food's left on the supermarket shelves and the long lines at gas stations. This is the type of situation that, if you're prepared, can prevent you from enduring such hassle. Keeping tabs on the most likely scenarios you'll be facing and preparing for it is just being practical.

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2016, 04:04:34 pm »
The blades I got from him are good workhorses.

yes they're good work horses. tested na ng Camp Red in Cebu.

may isang member nga na pina reprofile yung blade niya sa ibang smith and re heat treated. wala. iba na. problematic na. but when it was still all original it performed very well. it just shows na magaling yung smith ni Doc.

also for the price you can buy like 5 blades from doc ar...put one sa office, car, bug out location(s), caches, etc....for the price you can buy many. pag mawala okay lang. at least you can reach your location(s) na kaht naka hubad ka, alam mong nalagyan mo ng gamit dahil affordable, pero reliable.

ysuran

• GirlTalker
  • GuyTalker
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2016, 02:46:07 pm »
^ You can identify the different types of blades he produces through the posts. I don't often see him posting what types of blades he has readily available. Pm mo na lang. :) The blades I got from him are good workhorses.

I hope those affected by Hurricane Matthew will be okay. I was monitoring how people in Florida are scrambling for whatever food's left on the supermarket shelves and the long lines at gas stations. This is the type of situation that, if you're prepared, can prevent you from enduring such hassle. Keeping tabs on the most likely scenarios you'll be facing and preparing for it is just being practical.

Salamat sa inputs summersong, sige pm ko na lang siguro, ano ba recommended nyo na seseblade type yung pwede pang-iwan lang sa storage just incase when SHTF and for Bushcraft activity na din eventually? mga similar sa length ng tabak. kukri, or bolo. :)

Regarding dun sa typhoon Matthew, inanticipate na nila yung lakas, most opt for evacuation centers. Siguro yung government natin dito should adapt their Crisis Management System, Disaster Control Policy. Instead of learning it the hard way (i.e. Yolanda).

Pero if for some reason di ka makaalis sa property mo, then dun mo siguro magagamit yung prepping skills with the proper tool and knowledge.

ysuran

• GirlTalker
  • GuyTalker
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2016, 02:48:32 pm »
yes they're good work horses. tested na ng Camp Red in Cebu.

may isang member nga na pina reprofile yung blade niya sa ibang smith and re heat treated. wala. iba na. problematic na. but when it was still all original it performed very well. it just shows na magaling yung smith ni Doc.

also for the price you can buy like 5 blades from doc ar...put one sa office, car, bug out location(s), caches, etc....for the price you can buy many. pag mawala okay lang. at least you can reach your location(s) na kaht naka hubad ka, alam mong nalagyan mo ng gamit dahil affordable, pero reliable.

Thank you sa suggestion akthung will send pm to Doc Arvin! :)

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2016, 07:41:56 pm »
Yes PM is the best way. May powder coated din siya so yun ang mga maganda ipang long term storage, but some prefer na walang powder coat and nilalagyan lang nila ng coat ng ATF fluid.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close