Author Topic: Honeymoon (Thread 2)  (Read 78345 times)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 2)
« Reply #240 on: February 28, 2015, 03:55:51 pm »
caleeice: oh my!!! I also want a mini-moon, honeymoon, and now a post-moon!! LOL my h2b  will kill me na hahaha. I can't wait for airfare promos to come out for 2016. Where are you going sis on your "many-moons?" hehe I can't decide where to go yet for the mini-moon and hopefully post-moon,  as a lot will depend on what promo airfares are available! =)

blackgreen: same here sis! Nauna pa kami mag agree on the honeymoon plans even before we decided on a wedding date, venue, and church! Haha

sunsetbeach

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 2)
« Reply #241 on: February 28, 2015, 06:34:53 pm »
^hahahahah natawa ako dun sa last statement mo sis.

Kami bahay na muna after wedding after 4/5 months pa yun honeymoon pero sa bahay pa lang sisimulan na namin ang ligaya :)

ahaha seriously sis, dami ko kasi naririnig na horror story kasama nila ang in laws sa bahay kahit gaano pala kabait ang in laws wag na wag daw titira with them. kaya sabi ko kay hubby, demanding as it may sound, dapat may bahay na bago tayo ikasal. kaya ayun, almost 3 years kaming engaged haha. :) happy kami both at nakabukod kami. i learned how to cook haha :D at maraming continuation ang honeymoon. maraming sexy time haha :))))))

@ sunsetbeach if you don't mind me asking, what was the total expense for your Maldives honeymoon, including airfare?

Here's the breakdown sis, with some tips haha :D
airfare: 40k each rt via cathay. tip: if you don't mind budget carriers, please wait for tiger air seat sale that could go as low as 20k rt all in. my hubby is maarte kasi, high maintenance, sakit sa ulo, kaya even if naka tyempo ako ng sale price na ganun, ayaw niya huhu. kuripot kasi ako, e gusto ko lahat sale haha. pero inisip ko rin siya, 6 footer kasi so ayun napilitan na lang din ako hehe.

hotel: 60k per night - anantara dhigu. tip: do not go to Maldives from November - March. This is peak season. I did a survey while I was there kasi we wanted to go back next year. We were there February. Anantara could go as low as 30k per night during off peak :) Bring snacks. We didn't. A meal costed us 100 usd. So kung dalawa kami our bill would be 100-150 per meal. Tipid ako kumain di ko malunok yung fries na worth 15usd (+12 percent govt tax +10% service charge). Maraming hotels din na mura sis, just check tripadvisor. Nagkataon lang honeymoon kaya medyo choosy sa hotel. :D

More or less 300,000-350,000 sis for this Maldives trip. I actually did not hire a stylist for our wedding and allotted the budget for the stylist to this trip instead :)

sunsetbeach: I love your idea of having mini or pre-honeymoons. Our real honeymoon kasi will be about 2 months after the wedding, and now after reading your post I got this idea of having a mini-honeymoon somewhere right after the wedding hehe. But I am thinking, I wont include that in our budget anymore, I will make our mini-honeymoon sorta like my wedding gift to him. Thanks for the idea!!!

Sis how is Dubai for a honeymoon? Thinking of doing a few days in Dubai if we fly via Emirates and have a Dubai stopover enroute to Cape Town.

Sis! ! I like the terms! Haha so alam ko na ang isasagot sa mga nagtatanong bakit andaming honeymoon. Sasabihin ko, kasi may mini moon, honey moon, post moon and baby moon haha :)

Surprisingly, nagenjoy kami sa Dubai sis. Kala ko kasi mababaho tao dun hehe. We just wanted to try the Desert Safari and we wanted medyo malayo sa Pinas pero hindi sobrang layo kasi medyo pagod pa sa wedding preps, so Dubai ang naisip namin. Bait ng mga Emirati (yun ata tawag sa kanila) and a lot of pinoys there and mababait din sila. Highlight of the trip was Desert Safari (Night) and syempre Atlantis itself where we stayed. We boarded Qatar Airways for the trip. I think better ata planes ng Emirates no? :)

Sorry medyo na late ang reply mga sis. But promise I will reply :) I wanted to give back talaga to GT. My wedding would not be as beautiful as it was if not for this forum. Pero hanggang ngayon, installment basis parin ang suppliers review ko haha. Enjoy your wedding preps but don't forget honeymoon preps sisses :D

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 2)
« Reply #242 on: February 28, 2015, 08:58:49 pm »
@ sunsetbeach thank you for the tips and reco! Nakakatawa yung di mo malunok yung fries sa mahal. Haha :) pero agree mahal nga but like you said, exception kasi honeymoon and I'm sure you enjoyed it with your fiance sis :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 2)
« Reply #243 on: February 28, 2015, 09:16:39 pm »
sunsetbeach: a baby moon sounds lovely too!! hahaah Thanks for the tips sis. Ako naman I don't really care kung maganda ang planes or airline. I am more concerned about airfare hahaha I was thinking lang of Emirates bec may stopover talaga siya in Dubai before going to Johannesburg/Cape Town. Di ba pag Qatar, Doha naman yung stopover?

Sis, when I was doing my research for Dubai, I was also thinking of staying in Atlantis Hotel. That's the hotel on the Palm shaped island itself right? Was it accessible to the downtown area? Thanks for the tips sis!!

OMG hehe 60k per night in that gorgeous resort in Maldives?  I was palpitating while looking at pictures of your resort on tripadvisor! Its soooo pretty!!! Whaaaaaaa... I am so so tempted to give up my stylist budget for more honeymoon trips!!! Hmmm.... flowers or Maldives?! Parang Maldives wins hands down hahaha

Grabe... sarap sarap to plan travels!! LOL ... Wedding planning isn't nearly half as fun as travel planning!! LOL Now that I am reading all the honeymoon plans gusto ko tuloy super tipirin yung wedding ko so that I can go super all out in my honeymoon!!!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 10:02:44 pm by Chili1113 »

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 2)
« Reply #244 on: February 28, 2015, 10:31:08 pm »
^haha sis if youre not conscious naman sa styling I guess give up mo si stylist and choose Maldives! Kasi sa totoo lang for me pang picture lang yung sa stylist eh and 1 day lang sya unlike pag maldives ma e experience mo talaga and forever in your memory na yun :p

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 2)
« Reply #245 on: February 28, 2015, 10:37:37 pm »
^ totally agree!! Go na with Maldives! :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 2)
« Reply #246 on: February 28, 2015, 11:05:02 pm »
shygirlme and juwie: I wish I could give up my styling haha pero medyo mahilig ako sa styling. In fact, I cut my gown budget in half just so I can add to styling. Pero tama... 1 night lang naman ang styling saying vs lifetime of honeymoon memories hehe 

Back to Dagdag-Bawas mode ako... Bawas budget for other wedding items, para Dagdag budget for honeymoon upgrade!

shegie_285

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 2)
« Reply #247 on: February 28, 2015, 11:23:33 pm »
belle_v2g napaconvert ako sa AUD35k mo equivalent to €24k. That's a very high budget!  Im not sure how much the fares are from OZ to Europe but Europe (Dublin specifically) to Manila, I normally pay €600-€700 on off peak months, between €1,000 - €1300 if December. I am guessing the range is the same or siguro slightly higher lang from OZ. If you book in advance you'd get good fares. Mahal lang if you don't plan.  My mom paid USD1500 before from Manila to Dublin dahil she booked 3 weeks before lang. Then even if you stay in a €100 hotel per night, if 30 days, that's €3k lang. Im sure kung matagalan you'd stay in airbnb type or hostels. Kami ni hubby pag mga at least one week sa hotel, our budget is €50 per night. Pag weekend trip lang, €120 per night. Some parts of Europe are not expensive naman, like Spain and Italy are cheap, mahal sa Australia right? so may mga parts dito na you'd find mura.

From Europe to the US, you could get fares as low as €550.

Going to the US naman, I used to live in the Cayman Islands, my flights from Pinas to Cayman via US, mga USD1,600 - USD2,000. But malayo siya dahil from LA or San Francisco, fly pa to Miami then Miami to Cayman.  Depende din sa states, I find hindi naman din ganun kamahal sa US. My friend who lives in Sydney, when we were in New York hindi siya masyadong namahalan dahil mahal daw sa Sydney. We have friends in NY so it helped dahil hotel ang mahal doon, at least free na kami. :)

Kami din dati sa wedding, we had mini-moon. 3 weeks lang ang off ko for the wedding, 2 weeks were in Pinas and since Boracay ang wedding may mini-moon na kami ni hubby doon although with everyone! Then on the way home we stayed in Dubai for 4 days dahil Emirates airlines kami, mini-moon again with hubby's family.  We never really had a honeymoon but we had a one week trip to Spain 9 months after the wedding, I told hubby that was our honeymoon! I went to NY din kase with a friend few months after the wedding so walang time maghoneymoon.

Chili113 Dubai wont be on my list of favourite cities but if you have the chance to see it, go.  Mas okay pa na on the way mo at least hindi ka na mag-add pa ng pamasahe. :)You have to see Dubai, it's different with all those impressive buildings.  Its interesting din to know na may mga flyers sa malls na talagang may flyers na nakalagay ng dress codes, I am interested on those, learn how other people live in another country.

I'd love to go to Maldives too. Sabi ko kay hubby punta kami but I get disappointed sa news dati na there was a girl who was raped was also lashed like 100 times dahil may kasalanan din daw siya.  Ayaw ko na, actually Maldives is not on my list anymore. Plus super mahal din siya so ayaw ni hubby.  Sa El Nido na lang ako pupunta, im sure mas maganda pa ang El Nido or Coron. Feeling ko a lot wants to see Maldives because its not in the Philippines. Like a lot wants to go to the Caribbean but promise mas super maganda ang beaches sa Pinas. Boracay lang wala sobrang ganda na.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 11:30:54 pm by shegie_285 »

maukris

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 2)
« Reply #248 on: March 01, 2015, 12:08:44 am »
We will have our mini moon in palawan or in davao singe h2b is working overseas after wedding ilang days na lang kasi sya, we cannot afford to go out of the contry due to time constrain.
We are planning to have our honeymoon in qatar once documents are okay na, and dun na din ako kasama nya. Hopefully.. Fingers cross magilis maayos ang docs pra after 6mons magkasama na kami.  :D

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 2)
« Reply #249 on: March 01, 2015, 05:46:20 am »
Thank you sis sis shegie for the tips :) you're right.. mataas cost of living here. I was told to allocate like $5k aud for the 3 of us plus extra 20k aud for other expenses kaya I thought, I'll buy a house na lang kung ganon kamahal! :)
Mas napupuyat nga akong maghanap ng hotels ngayon kaysa asikasuhin ang wedding. We're not going anywhere overseas too. We booked flights from manila to boracay then bora to cebu. From cebu to puerto princesa (for elnido) then back to manila. I missed organising tours like this. Dati kase ako lagi ang gumagawa ng itinerary if we have trips with our friends. If meron dito within Philippines ang post wedding trip, check na kayo flights now with cebu pac. Puro promo nakuha ko :)

mooncake and leaves

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 2)
« Reply #250 on: March 01, 2015, 06:36:21 am »
i find that most beaches naman talaga are comparable to each other. i've been to a couple of parts in the caribbean din (technically atlantic daw), in hawaii and to some of the beaches in The Philippines and mahirap talaga to say which is better. for that whole tropical, island feel, i would say na palawan talaga is topnotch. 

i think when it comes to honeymoon, for me ha, ang labanan is how relaxing talaga and how indulgent it is. but that's just me. my bf and i have traveled a bit together kasi and we have several planned trips so when it comes to honeymoon, we're like, kelangan lazy.

ok nga din ang cruise. nakakataba nga lang hehe.

blackgreen

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 2)
« Reply #251 on: March 01, 2015, 09:43:23 am »
blackgreen: same here sis! Nauna pa kami mag agree on the honeymoon plans even before we decided on a wedding date, venue, and church! Haha

Kami rin nauna pa talaga saan place ng honeymoon, kaya nga medyo malayo sa wedding date ang honeymoon.

Ang mahal ng Maldives!! Pangarap na lang. Hahahah!!

maukris

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 2)
« Reply #252 on: March 01, 2015, 04:30:14 pm »
Mga sis eto sana yung mga pwede namain puntahan lang since short lang talaga ang plan namin like 4days lang.

Davao - pearlfarm 3days in pearlfarm and 1 day sa city yun lang ang tour namin.
Palawan - either sheridan or daluyon resort  both in sabang last day lang kami city tour para malapit na sa airport.

Relax lang, massage, we wanted beach front kasi.. October din kasi wedding namin sana di na mabagyo.


Maxim04

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 2)
« Reply #253 on: March 01, 2015, 04:57:41 pm »
Mga sis eto sana yung mga pwede namain puntahan lang since short lang talaga ang plan namin like 4days lang.

Davao - pearlfarm 3days in pearlfarm and 1 day sa city yun lang ang tour namin.
Palawan - either sheridan or daluyon resort  both in sabang last day lang kami city tour para malapit na sa airport.

Relax lang, massage, we wanted beach front kasi.. October din kasi wedding namin sana di na mabagyo.

Same here sis october!! Hahaha.. Baka sabay pa tayo!  :D

Agree ako sa inyo mga sis. Madami naman nakapag sabi na sikat lang ang carribean, bahamas, turks and taicos, pero mas maganda ang beach ng Pinas... Nakakaproud no.  ;)

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 2)
« Reply #254 on: March 01, 2015, 05:05:26 pm »
^^hands down sa Davao! Ang babait ng tao!

maukris

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 2)
« Reply #255 on: March 02, 2015, 12:07:10 am »
^^kelan ka sis maxim04
October 10 kami sis.

simang

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 2)
« Reply #256 on: March 12, 2015, 05:57:26 am »
Nagbook na kami ng flights for our domestic mini-moon :) a few days apart lang from our wedding day. Mas lalo ako naexcite :)

f878

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 2)
« Reply #257 on: March 12, 2015, 06:06:40 am »
booked na ang flights and accommodation namin for our honeymoon sa pearl farm, davao. :D

sa 4 years+ relationship namin never kame nakapag-bakasyon na kame lang lageng may family at friends na kasama kaya nae-excite ako ng bongga.  ;D

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 2)
« Reply #258 on: March 12, 2015, 06:40:41 am »
^hihi. nakakaexcite naman ang mga plans nyo sis, kami wala pa tlagang final plan kung saan kami sa honeymoon. gusto nyo na bang magbaby agad after the wedding? Family ni H2B gusto na at baby girl pa ang request, puru lalaki kasi ang 4 pamangkins nya:)

Dawn11

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 2)
« Reply #259 on: March 22, 2015, 10:39:01 pm »
Since we are based here in Dubai, at married na kami.. pwede bang mag pre-moon? hahaha We just confirmed our booking for Atlantis The Palm Dubai for the coming weekend na! :) excited nako kasi we'll have dinner as well then massage the next morning. we'll have access pa sa beach and their water park.

We'll also have our another pre-moon sa HK since stop over kami dun from Dubai to Pinas kaya we decided narin to stay dun for 2 days.

Then finally ang honeymoon namin will be sa Palawan naman. Puerto and El Nido :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close