watch now

Author Topic: Is it ok for kids not to get a serving of fruit and veggies daily?  (Read 2364 times)

thegomom

  • Guest
My kids don't eat much veggies and fruits.  Ok lang ba yon?  Sometimes they eat banana, papaya, kangkong and carrots but not regularly. Meal times becomes a bit stressful kasi when I force them to eat veggies kaya sometimes I let it pass na lang.  I figured ako din naman I'm not a veggie eater when I was a kid (kangkong lang) but now I can't eat without veggies in the meal.  Ok lang ba yon?   

princessrio

  • Guest
Re: Is it ok for kids not to get a serving of fruit and veggies daily?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 11:18:16 am »
my 15 month old doesn't eat veggies regularly. not that he's choosy but depende kasi yun sa ulam namin. i usually alternate it with fish and chicken. minsan naman, yung fish and chicken sinasamahan ko ng gulay. fruit nga nya banana madalas.

bluegintonic

  • Guest
Re: Is it ok for kids not to get a serving of fruit and veggies daily?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 06:04:02 pm »
as long as they are eating okay na yon kaysa naman wala di ba? ;D my 27 month old ganyan din, may araw na type na type fruits may days ayaw. It helps to keep it on the table/kitchen counter to serve as a reminder or as a snack alternative, lalo na ang bananas.My daughter eats a wide variety of fruits and veggies-bananas,apples,pears,watermelon,pears,broccoli etc...maybe you can give it to them in a way na hindi gaano halata na fruits yun-like in a smoothie (make it with lowfat yogurt) or freeze it as ice popsicles.all natural na fun to eat pa! ;D

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: Is it ok for kids not to get a serving of fruit and veggies daily?
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 04:55:48 pm »
My daughter super hirap pakainin ng veggies ngayon. Potatoes and munggo lang kinakain nya. Pero she eats a lot of fruits kaya I stock up on these.

bluegintonic

  • Guest
Re: Is it ok for kids not to get a serving of fruit and veggies daily?
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 10:41:49 am »
^get her excited.Involve her in the shopping for fruits.Limit buying other snacks (cookies, snack bars, crisps, sweets, etc...) and let her watch you prepare them.If you're a bit adventurous,try making a fruit kebab- cut them in cute shapes and skewer them.Or cut them for choco fondue ;D Until dumating time no need na for the chocolate.My daughter enjoys these e, kasi I do too! ;D

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close