you won't go wrong with Father Allen, mga sisses.
Reproducing my supplier's rating:
Officiating Priest: FR. ALLEN DE GUZMAN – 100/10
I love this priest! After our wedding and until now, I am one of his prayer warriors. I include him in my prayers every day. I want him to live long so that he will continue his vocation to impart goodness and beauty in all weddings which couples and their guests will cherish for a lifetime. This is not an exaggeration but if there is one thing that really made our wedding so special, it was him. I did not dream of a grand wedding with all the best suppliers around. First, I cannot afford as I have many responsibilities to carry. Second, I want to save for our future as we are building our house since last year pa. But if there is one thing to invest in a wedding, it is your priest. I believe that the church ceremony is most important of all and the one who will
make this meaningful is the officiating priest who will convey the word of God to you and your guests.
We started the mass around 6:15 and it ended 10 minutes before 9pm. There was no instance that I heard people complaining how long the mass or his homily was because he made sure that everyone participated. There was some form of recitation of the bride and the groom, the I AM NOT YOUR BOSS anecdote and the GOOD MEMORIES to save until 2039. Everyone listened intently, laughing and smiling, some even crying how touched they were.
He is really superb. The guests comprising of the legal and dental profession were so amazed with his homily, he spoke fluently in English and Tagalog, he sang, he laughed with us and he joked around. We were all in awe with this John Lloyd look-alike priest. There was no hint that he is sick with a disease that may even cause his life. He was God’s gift to us and he heard what we want our guests to know about us. He was a great storyteller and for that, We will always remember him. Even days after the wedding, we were constantly receiving SMS and emails on his name and where to contact him. Aside from answering their queries, I asked them to pray for his health, that he may live long and make other couple happy with their wedding.
Some things to make your partnership with Fr. Allen a click:
a. Attend the wedding rehearsal if you can, it really helps. Know when to stand, be seated, memorize your vows but prepare your “codigo” for your personal message to each other, orient your lectors and commentator, remember his tips on facing each other, one step closer, how to hand the arrhae, when to arrange the tail of your gown, when to do thumbs up, when to wave, when to sign, etc. Choose efficient MOH & BM. All these details, you need to know.
b. Prepare a formal misalette. Send soft copy to Caleruega for approval and then print it after.
c. PLEASE send your love story to Caleruega because this will be the contents of his HOMILY.
d. In case your forget some lines, don’t be afraid, just look at his ipad and read. He also whispers instructions to you.
e. Don’t forget his stipend since he really deserves it.
One thing I cannot forget, before he left the Chapel, he went around and greeted everybody. Some hugged him also then he whispered to me and husband, “it pays to attend the wedding rehearsal, your ceremony was great, the vows and the everything. Congratulations.” I hugged him tightly. Husband even joked around and told me after, “crush mo si John Lloyd!”