Author Topic: Life after being terminated  (Read 6083 times)

ms.unpredictable

• GirlTalker
  • live life to the fullest!!!!!!!!!!!
Life after being terminated
« on: May 31, 2013, 01:29:41 am »
Hi mga sis just wanted to hear your point of views.

if you are terminated with your previous employer lalagay nyo pa ba to sa resume nyo o hindi na. for examples 6 months and di kana makakakuha ng certificate of employment.

Do you have an idea if san pwede mag apply na di nag babackground check?

Thanks in advance.

babyboo.0326

• Senior GirlTalker
  • "Believe..."
Re: Life after being terminated
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 01:55:53 am »
sis, i don't think it's a good idea to put your previous employment if you were terminated. that will instantly give you a bad impression. if you have other work experiences naman, then you might want to put them instead nalang and just leave that one behind. if you don't squeal, they won't hear  :) they will only do background checks for the companies you declare i guess.
"One should always be in love. That is the reason why one should never marry.  -  Oscar Wilde"

ms.unpredictable

• GirlTalker
  • live life to the fullest!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 03:11:26 am »
Thanks Babyboo for your reply :)

babyboo.0326

• Senior GirlTalker
  • "Believe..."
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 03:21:36 am »
^no worries  ;)
"One should always be in love. That is the reason why one should never marry.  -  Oscar Wilde"

e.viv

• GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 03:09:25 am »
I think you have to be honest especially if your previous company paid your SSS, Philhealth, Taxes, etc... since the company you are applying for will be able to get this information. It's better to be honest in the very beginning pa lang. You could get terminated (if you get hired) for non-disclosure of those information.

tzikenn

• GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 11:29:17 am »
yes it will reflect in your SSS Philhealth contribution. but in my case i never write my first job kasi my position is probationary but i was not able to be a regular so i ended in 6mos. nung nag apply ako for other company hindi naman ako tinatanong kung bakit hindi ko nilagay sa resume ko yung first jo ko. :)
Always be a blessings to others and you will feel blessed..

mooncake and leaves

• Super GirlTalker
    • Clickity
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 11:41:12 am »
not sure i'll put it on my resume. but if they ask at the interview, i'll be honest.

craziestqueenever

• GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 11:48:28 pm »
In my case naman it was a retrenchment pero para na ring Termination ang peg hehe... I still put it in my resume kahit na probationary ang status ko. When I applied again in a BPO Industry di rin sila nag tanong kung bakit ilang months lang ako dun...
"Haters don't really hates you. They hate themselves because you are the reflection of what they wished and hoped to be"

emilyenchanted

• GirlTalker
  • Crazy/Beautiful
    • Life and Pigments c:
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 12:19:40 am »
after i was terminated, I and my colleagues sued the company for illegal termination. we were not kasi given due notice. the law mandates that at least 30 days before effective date. what they did kasi right away as in the following day hindi na kami pinabalik. parang may malice pa yung real reason na they fired us kasi some days prior may complaints kami aired to mgt. twas a dummy firm managed by filipinos but in reality, was owned by south koreans.

craziestqueenever

• GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 02:07:28 pm »
^ same thing happened. Parang di makatarungan iyong pag terminate sa amin walang notice na ma te-terminate iyong sa amin nga sasabihan ka na lang na "Log-out", " after your call follow them" then ihaharap ka sa mga managers.

In my case, I was happy na na terminate ako kasi pagod na din ako, pero may slight part of me na nagsisisisi. I should've fight for it.

But then again, Past is past.
"Haters don't really hates you. They hate themselves because you are the reflection of what they wished and hoped to be"

greyzie

• in reHav
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 05:31:40 pm »
^if no due notice but you were paid for the 30 days before the effective date, i think it's legal.
"D period of gr8st gain in knowledge & experience is d most difficult period in one's life. Thru a difficult period, u can learn, u can develop inner strength, determination, & courage to face d problem. Who gives u this chance? Your enemy." -- Dalai Lama

agape

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 09:22:18 am »
Madaming klaseng termination eh. Redundancy, Retrenchment, and some due to some criminal offense. As long as wala ka naman "bad" ginawa, I guess it's okay to put in your resume.
Pero kung super tagal na ng panahon at di naman na kasya sa resume, pwede na rin alisin.
Employers will still ask you to fill-up a Work History form naman.
Just be prepared on how to answer the reason for termination during the interview.
Also, I guess some companies or bosses are kind enough to let you resign (force resignation)
kesa yung employee naman ang mag-sue sa company. Para wala rin bad records for both parties.
Integrity, Ethics, Etiquette...

xtine

• Certified Jetsetter
  • Super GirlTalker
  • ...my next destination
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 10:57:42 am »
I was given a month's notice by my Singapore employer last June 2013.  I still put it in my resume but when my prospective employers ask during interview why I left that company, I tell them, I left because they wanted to relocate me to india.  When I declined, they gave me a month's notice.  Ayun, natawa pa sila kaya good shot din naman as long as you didn't commit really bad things, then its okay.  Its understandable to prospective clients if due to redundancy or retrenchment.

miss resilient

• Nagbabalik......
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • IloveJeremiah
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 04:04:51 pm »
kung di mo naman mali kung bakit na terminate ka bakit hindi ilalagay? ano naman ang nakakahiya roon?

di bale sana kung nagnakaw ka kaya natermed..yun ang nakakahiya.

but if due to poor performance..yun nakakahiya nga rin.

PhamLuis23

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2013, 04:04:40 pm »
I think it's better not to put it in your resume because, one, 6 months isn't that valuable, two, certificate of employment is almost always required if you're applying in MNCs, and, three, not being able to produce the COE might raise more questions/concerns than your termination.
I hate frog bosses... they cause so much grief

annd

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2013, 11:29:59 pm »
ako naman, nagwork ako for 5 months, but since medyo mabigat yung work dun sa pinapasukan ko, i resigned kasi nag aaral (mba) din ako. ok lang ba na ilagay yun sa resume ko? kasi next year balak ko na mag apply kasi maluwag na yung schedule ko sa school nun.

PhamLuis23

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2013, 11:51:01 pm »
If you resigned properly and you have your clearance and COE, I would put it in my CV. Otherwise, I wouldn't. No clearance/COE is a red flag and will involve additional work on the part of HR to investigate what really happened. If I have to guess, they will probably tag it as not worth the trouble and just move on to the next applicant with no issues. And, in certain cases, they cannot even process you even if they wanted to because they might have a company policy that requires COE as part of experience verification.
I hate frog bosses... they cause so much grief

annd

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2013, 04:06:10 pm »
^hi there. meron naman ako COE and i resigned properly. the reason i resigned is because sobra ang workload na ang hirap ibalance ng school and work. and i chose my school kasi ito yung mas priority ko. but since this sem lang ako need mag full time student, im planning to apply for a job next year maybe last week of feb para if ever, makapagstart na ako work by march. naiinip na kasi ako dito sa bahay.

happie

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2014, 10:08:40 pm »
If you don't mind, why were you terminated? You can still work parin naman after termination, sana Lang don't spoil it.

annd

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2019, 10:17:21 am »
^ hi i wasnt terminated :) by the way, 5 years na ako sa work ko ngayon.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close