Author Topic: Poe vs. Binay vs Aquino 2016  (Read 18757 times)

allura

• GirlTalker
Re: Poe vs. Binay vs Aquino 2016
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2014, 01:48:17 pm »
Even before this investigation had materialize,  I had been hearing for the longest time since the early 90's that binay always ask for a free condo unit before he would allow you to build one on his turf and regarding the cakes being rumored as costing P1,000 had also been around way before all of these were revealed. 

Here are some interesting opinions by the public I read during the heated investigations:

DaddyStargazer's Blog

http://daddystargazer.blogspot.com/2014/04/the-logic-behind-why-we-hate-binay.html

Let me remind everyone that it was the Ayalas and the Business Sector who brought Makati to it's current state now.  If the Ayalas did not set-up the Makati Central Business District (which was an old airport), I don't think that Makati would be the same thing as it is now.

But I'm not saying that he deliberately said that he was the reason why Makati became rich, but I know that he knows how to play with the minds of the Filipinos in the provinces who doesn't really have an idea what's happening in Metro Manila and that's why I hate him so much.  I hate those kinds of politicians who play with the minds of those less-fortunate people.  They know that these are uneducated citizens, and can easily be bought by P500 or easily be fooled by ads. 

These politicians don't really care if they would be criticized for their misleading ads, because those intelligent people who whine about these misleading political ads are most of the time, people from the Metro (Manila, Cebu, and Davao).  Therefore, they make ads to get into the hearts and minds of the less-fortunate and uneducated Filipino without thinking if it's misleading or not, why would they care, those people in the provinces won't get it anyways because the viewers will only get the "ganito kami sa Makati".

(facebook comments)

Pam MacRieve Cabrera

I live in a php5b worth building, the highest in the country (71 storeys) with 6 subterranean parking, highly amenitized, and one of the most expensive piece of real estate in the country.. This is located within the area of the said new makati city hall 2. Also, being in the construction industry, i know that excavations and reinforcement for basements are more expensive than building above ground parking spaces. So the reasoning na "malambot [textspeak!] lupa kaya mas matatag [textspeak!] reinforcement" is utter BS... pareho lang po ang grade ng ground ng makati city hall at building ko, and we were able to build 6 level basement parking with all the luxuries of a 5-star international hotel. Tapos kayo, ilang palapag lang ng building almost kalahati na ng presyo ng gramercy?!!!

winne monsod

one wonders why mayor jun jun binaydid not correct immediatelybondals statementthat the makati cakes were worth "mahigit na P1,000."  if they cost only P300, as his people are now trumpeting, why he didnt say so then, in front of the nation? did he not know? or is the P300 figure made up?  I am a makati resident, and the grapevine (about foru years ago) was the cakes cost P750 or P800, and worse-the bakeshop belongs to a binay.  can we please have some transparency? why is it so difficult to find out who bakes the cake, and how much they cost the people of makati?"

maria clarissa

i was in the phils 3 years ago and went to see a friend in makati who received that scandalous cake birthday cake,  during that time, rumors were already circulating that those birthday cakes cost P1,000 and that bakesop is owned by a binay.  curious enough, i attempted to try a slice but didnt like the taste due ot its commercial flavor like a bakery product.  if makati govt is claiming its just P306.75...maybe a deeper auditing of documents is needed.  they might have 2 books.   where will this accuser get that idea if not from inner sources

norman lee

Those using the cake as a dud are wrong... The cake was brought out in order to have the committee get the PO's, checks and vouchers... you can definitely still make a case if you are able to get the check payment and other documents... although regardless if it's Php1000 or Php300 it is unethical for the city to have the Mayors daughter supply the cake... amazing though... the first time I heard the cake issue in Makati wasn't the Senate hearing but when I was in a Taxi and the driver boasted that he had one of the Binay's "personnel" talk that the cake that Makati gives to the elderly comes from a business of one of the daughters. Basically, it's an open secret in Makati

chinkywinky

• Prinsesa at adik na
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2014, 01:33:31 am »
Ayoko na ng corrupt sa gobyerno, so no to Binay. Grabe yang mga yan sa Makati. I want someone with integrity and honesty, hindi baleng walang masyadong experience basta mamahalin ang Pilipinas at mga tao regardless of social status.
i would love to love you like you do to me....

Giri

• GirlTalker
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 01:24:47 pm by Giri »

DV

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2014, 07:47:49 am »
There is a growing belief that President B. S. Aquino 3rd was not legitimately elected in 2010, but was simply “processed into office” by the Commission on Elections and Smartmatic, using the precinct count optical scan machines, which they had illegally divested of safety features and accuracy mechanisms. Aquino is, in effect, a de facto president.

http://www.manilatimes.net/doubt-persists-pnoys-election/133861/
"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go."    --Dr Seuss, I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!

Giri

• GirlTalker
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2014, 08:32:31 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=o54fuKLUyW0

at around 0:7:34 - binay categorically said he bought the land.

^
Sinungalin talaga si Binay.

Hard to keep up with all the lies he tells people. A huge blow is when a supposed bidder (I forget the name) testified in the Senate that HE DID NOT PARTICIPATE in the bidding and that he was surprised that he was the “Losing Bidder” when he did not even signify his intention to participate in the bidding. It’s a RIGGED BIDDING as confirmed by Engr.Hechanova and former Vice Mayor Mercado. Huli ka na kayong mga Binay!

May-ari ng lupa ng JCB Farms, may 'partnership' kay Binay

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/video/nation/10/13/14/excl-may-ari-ng-lupa-ng-jcb-farms-may-partnership-kay-binay
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 09:06:23 am by Giri »

allura

• GirlTalker
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2014, 05:09:35 pm »
Binay told me in 2010 he had bought – not leased – the land for his piggery

October 13, 2014

Listen to my taped interview with VP Binay about his properties, his guns, his being perceived a warlord, his plunder cases and about coffins

Exclusive by Raïssa Robles

Reacting to allegations raised in the Senate hearings, Vice-President Jejomar Binay says he has never owned any of the land he used for his pig farm.

This is the exact opposite of what he told me on June 29. 2010 in a one-on-one interview with him for South China Morning Post, the Hong Kong newspaper I write for.

http://raissarobles.com/2014/10/13/binay-told-me-in-2010-he-had-bought-not-leased-the-land-for-his-piggery/

Giri

• GirlTalker
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2014, 02:22:18 pm »
VP Binay lobbied for General Garcia
http://www.rappler.com/nation/4227-binay-lobbied-for-general-charged-with-plunder

Ex-Makati vice mayor Bobby Brillante asks Ombudsman to re-open Binay graft case

A former Makati City official has asked the Office of the Ombudsman to revisit the case he filed against Vice President Jejomar Binay more than 10 years ago.

In his letter, former Makati vice mayor Bobby Brillante decried the “hasty dismissal” of the case by the Sandiganbayan.

“[The case] was raffled on Friday afternoon of October 27, 2006  and then hastily dismissed by the Sandiganbayan Third Division the following Monday, October 30, 2006, ‘for lack of probable cause without prejudice,’” Brillante, who filed the complaint with the Office of the Ombudsman in 2003, said in his letter.

The case stemmed from Binay’s alleged anomalous purchase of office partitions and furniture for the Makati City Hall.

In his letter, Brillante also narrated his experience being jailed after he spoke out against the Binay family.

“When I assailed the highly irregular resolution and exposed the alleged P30-million bribery in exchange for the dismissal of this case in a press conference, I was cited in contempt by the same division... and was sentenced to one month in jail,” Brillante said.

He added that his “harrowing experience was a classic telenovela-like case of a complainant being unjustly tried by a Kangaroo Court, and imprisoned, instead of the accused, Jejomar Binay.”

Brillante also questioned why four other similar cases filed against Binay’s wife, Elenita Binay, herself also a former Makati mayor, were found to have probable cause.

“All five cases were covered and evidenced by one and the same COA audit report. If the case against Jejomar Binay did lack probable cause under the same adverse findings of the same audit report, the First, Second, Fourth and Fifth divisions should have dismissed the other four cases. But all were indicted, posted bail and went to trial, including Elenita Binay,” Brillante said.

Binay is currently facing a plunder complaint before the Ombudsman for the alleged anomalies in the construction of Makati City Hall Building II in 2007 when he was still mayor. He is also accused of having hidden wealth.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/384726/news/nation/ex-makati-vice-mayor-bobby-brillante-asks-ombudsman-to-re-open-binay-graft-case
USUFRUCT!
Tiu insists! You know why he did not bring with him even the document for
the usufruct - He will be in big trouble. He is just saying “I am the soon to be owner” Because in the usufruct in an estate like this there will be massive details that pertains original owners interest on what happens to the mansions, the orchidarium, the mini zoo, stalls of imported horses, pangsabung na manok, piggery and the plantation. How, when where, when and why those are bequeathed and terminated or what happens if one defaults the usufruct payments - it will be a 'voluminous document'. Also, what happens if one of the expensive horse dies or the ornaments are destroyed and improvements made. Kung generalities lang ang content ng usufruct it’s “fake”, pa usufruct-usufruct lang yan (as in bidding-biddingan). Remember also may isang house na hindi accessible, is it part of the usufruct agreement. The previous owner and the buyer would have a massive and detailed interest on everything that is in there. The buyer would have sounded like nakajackpot sila (pero no due diligence to research the true ownership of the property, and did not immediately worked to title the land para mapasa kanila na, BUKING!).They were afraid to bring a usufruct document kasi it will generate more questions than answers. Tiu has all the making of a dummy.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 01:22:08 pm by Giri »

DV

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2014, 10:22:25 am »
Corazon Aquino created the Binay that we have today.
"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go."    --Dr Seuss, I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!

catherine ann

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2014, 01:15:03 pm »
^ sabi ng friend ng mother ko after EDSA revolution  pumipili daw ng mga ilalagay sa mga position at sabi ni Cory wala pa sa Makati at tamang tama nag seserved si Binay ng coffee sabi raw ni A. Pimentel ayan si Jojo sya ilagay natin sa Makati . . . hahaha from pro bono lawyer to billionaire

DV

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2014, 12:37:22 pm »
^ sabi ng friend ng mother ko after EDSA revolution  pumipili daw ng mga ilalagay sa mga position at sabi ni Cory wala pa sa Makati at tamang tama nag seserved si Binay ng coffee sabi raw ni A. Pimentel ayan si Jojo sya ilagay natin sa Makati . . . hahaha from pro bono lawyer to billionaire

Nung sinuspend ni GMA si Binay, who showed her support? Corazon Aquino.

"Jojo, you can count on my support and prayers." She even called him a ROLE MODEL for all mayors.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2479&dat=20061018&id=y6VjAAAAIBAJ&sjid=biUMAAAAIBAJ&pg=1871,6972630
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 12:39:25 pm by DV »

DV

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2014, 12:08:10 pm »
Sorry if my point wasn't clear. GMA suspended Binay for being corrupt, but who coddled him? Cory Aquino. The yellow supporters are so angry at Binay, pero kung buhay pa si Cory, sya ang unang-unang magtatanggol sa kanya. The Cojuangcos support Binay, also the Aquino sisters. Iisa lang ang kulay ng mga Cojuangco-Aquino at Binay, so be more discerning at padami na nang padami ang paid hacks dito sa Girltalk.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 12:15:04 pm by DV »

argento

• straight as an arrow
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2014, 09:45:10 pm »
Ang boboto kay binay eh yung tanggap at ok lang ang mag corrupt sa govt.

Miss Taken

• His one & only
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2015, 01:54:17 am »
Mar Roxas has been chosen by Aquino as Philippine presidential candidate for 2016.
Binay will also run for the 2016 presidential elections.

His speech yesterday was just plain stupid. Especially in the part where he was talking about corruption. What a hypocrite.

Sa totoo lang wala akong mapili. Duterte pa rin ako kahit na alam kong malabo.

"Kiss me, and you will see how important I am."

tischarmedlife

• Super Mommy
  • Super GirlTalker
  • a warrior and a survivor
    • TisCharmedLife
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2015, 02:00:08 am »
^ pareho tayo sis. Si Duterte sana kaso ayaw nya talaga. Mukhang si Poe na lang ang iboboto ko if ever.
"I think, therefore I am"

http://tischarmedlife.wordpress.com/

Miss Taken

• His one & only
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2015, 12:06:24 am »
^ I don't think I'll vote next year kung hindi talaga tatakbo si Duterte.

Ayoko kay Mar at Binay. Not yet sure about Poe.

Leven

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2015, 07:07:14 am »
Sorry if my point wasn't clear. GMA suspended Binay for being corrupt, but who coddled him? Cory Aquino. The yellow supporters are so angry at Binay, pero kung buhay pa si Cory, sya ang unang-unang magtatanggol sa kanya. The Cojuangcos support Binay, also the Aquino sisters. Iisa lang ang kulay ng mga Cojuangco-Aquino at Binay, so be more discerning at padami na nang padami ang paid hacks dito sa Girltalk.

So true sis. Ito din ang sinabi ng tatay ko. Conclusion: Aquinos are the big mistake! Pati din yung paghingi ng tawad ni Cory kay Estrada, why?! It doesn't make sense..I'll go for Poe. Gusto ko yung pagturo niya kay Aquino na liable doon sa SAF44. I'm starting to like her na.

Giri

• GirlTalker
« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2015, 10:29:10 am »
WHY I WILL NOT VOTE FOR JOJO BINAY

Nathaniel von Einsiedel

The recent columns of Randy David and Sara Soliven de Guzman in the major dailies give us a pretty good picture of what a Binay presidency would be like -- it will be a disaster. The problem, however, is that the average Filipino does not read or understand their analytical writings. Anyway, I agree with them a hundred percent, not just because I believe in their analysis, but because I had worked directly with Binay in the past and, therefore, have personal knowledge of how he thinks and does things. And it is based on this that I will not vote for him come 2016.

I have known Jojo Binay personally since we were in college at UP Diliman. He was a fraternity brother of one of our neighbors in Area 1 where I grew up. He frequented our neighbor's house and that's how we got to know each other. After college, it was already in 1986 when I saw Binay again, when he was appointed by then President Cory Aquino as acting mayor of Makati and later on as Governor of Metro Manila in a concurrent capacity. Because of my job at the Metro Manila Commission, I got to meet with Binay on a regular basis, often assisting him in his meetings with the Metro Manila mayors and senior officials of national agencies. On many occasions, I had to join him on early morning site inspections and even late evening meetings.

My working relations with Binay took a break when I resigned from government accepted the invitation of the United Nations and worked abroad from 1990 to 2004. When I returned home, we revived our relationship. From 2004 up to a few years ago, my consulting firm, CONCEP, was engaged by Makati City for a number of projects, such as the Makati Pabahay Project, Makati Development Agenda for the 21st Century, the Jupiter Street Urban Renewal Plan, the MACDA Housing Project, the Barangay Rizal Disaster Oriented Urban Redevelopment, and the Makati Poblacion Heritage Conservation Program. In the course of working on these projects, I had to confer with Binay frequently and thus developed a deeper insight on how he thinks and operates as a public official.

It is based on this that I've become convinced that Binay is not the kind of president I would vote for president in 2016. My reasons are as follows:

1. He will befriend you if you can help him achieve his personal objectives, and will not hesitate to dump you when you're no longer useful to him. He is a master of charming people whom he can use to further his personal ambitions. But once they're of no use to him, or don't like to work with him anymore, he will readily get rid of them and fabricate a story on the reasons why.

2. He is a congenital liar. He has perfected the practice of looking you straight in the eye and lie without blinking an eyelash. His political ads project a lie. By claiming that he will do to the country what he did in Makati, he creates an expectation that is intended to mislead people. Common public perception of Makati is that of a first world city -- high rise offices and condos, glitzy malls, beautiful parks and myriad jobs. But that is Ayala's Makati, covering only 6 of the city's total of 33 barangays. He makes people believe that he can transform the whole country into Ayala Makati's likeness. He knows that is not true. He had no hand in Ayala Makati's development, and he knows he cannot replicate this anywhere.

3. He wants to perpetuate people's dependency on him, especially the poor. He doesn't believe in genuine development that uplifts the living and working conditions of the poor. This is reflected in Makati's dole-out approach to urban management, for example, its education and health programs. His political ads project the message that this dole-out system can be replicated throughout the country. He knows that the only reason he can do that in Makati is because the city has the biggest revenue among LGUs, all due to the thousands of the biggest firms located in the Ayala part of the city.

4. He wants complete control over all programs and projects. The programs and projects of Makati city's departments have to be approved by him directly. Thus, in Makati's annual budget, most if not all programs and projects are listed under the Office of the Mayor, and only he can authorize budget releases. Binay also established a system that consolidates the incomes of all of Makati's barangays and directly controls the approval of and budget releases for all barangay projects. But look at the majority of the barangays -- from Kasilawan, Tejeros, Sta. Cruz, Singkamas, Bangkal, Guadalupe Viejo, Pitogo, Pinagkaisahan, Guadalupe Nuevo, all the EMBO barangays, and even his own San Antonio. There is so much poverty in these areas that no amount of dole outs throughout his as well as his wife and son's terms of office have been able to diminish much less eradicate poverty. The incidence of poverty in the premier and richest city in the country is appalling.

5. His pro-poor actions are all for show. He actually loathes the poor. On a number of occasions when we were discussing in private the housing projects for the poor, he used the term "salaula" (Tagalog for "uncouth" or "uncivilized") to describe them. He has perfected the act of conveying his "concern" for the poor by, for example, setting aside time and a percentage of the city's budget for the poor's "KBL" -- kasal (weddings), burol (wakes), and libing (burial). When we were planning the MACDA housing project, he's approach to the issue of relocating the informal settlers was to pay them off without caring where they were to be resettled as long as they vacated the site.

When we proposed a massive workforce development program to include the poor in the productive milieu and benefit from the jobs available in the city, Binay turned it down, criticising it as "small-time." But he did not offer any alternative. It was obvious that he did not want the poor to improve their economic well-being and status. He wants them to be perpetually beholden to and dependent on him, and therefore, under his complete control.

7. His management style is 101% patronage politics. There is absolutely nothing developmental in his system of management. He may have introduced some innovations, but these have been mainly for his and his family's benefit rather than for the good of the people. He criticizes the Aquino administration as being inept, lazy, and slow. But what has he done, as Chairman of the Housing & Urban Development Coordinating Council for the past 5 years, to reduce the housing backlog? What has he done in the barangays of Makati to address poverty? Are the living and working conditions in the poorer barangays any better than before he first became mayor?

When my team and I started consultancy projects in Makati in 2004, its incidence of poverty was higher than the national average. Binay was not alarmed by this and, in fact, seemed to be pleased with it. Perhaps because it meant he could easily manipulate the poor. Today, after almost three decades under the Binays, Makati's overall quality of life, especially in the 27 poorer barangays, isn't much better.

Is this the kind of person who will be our next president? I certainly don't think so.

Miss Taken

• His one & only
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2015, 11:33:58 pm »
I hope the Filipinos will learn this time to really think twice before voting someone. Ang nangyayari kasi kung sino ang "sikat", yun na agad ang binoboto. Huwag sanang ibased sa apelyido lang.

CityHunter

• Awake, arise, or be forever fall'n!
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Non Timebo Mala
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2015, 05:56:36 pm »
Peeps, it is NOT enough that we think twice nor convince others to equally do so before voting.  I have it from a very reliable source that during the time of Pres. Marcos and VP Lopez that results of the elections down to the last number was already KNOWN to them 3 months before elections.  The last elections using the PCOS machines were under serious fire because of questioned chips.  5 million ang bentahan per chip na gamit sa PCOS machines.  Thus, no matter how we vote if they can manipulate the results kahit pa bagsak sa survey o may pinakapangit na reputation malamang mapwesto pa rin provided kaya magbayad.
We look for the real thing in friends, products and services. In people, we value sincerity more than almost any other virtue.

Miss Taken

• His one & only
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2015, 01:06:35 am »
^ Well ganyan naman talaga mga politicians sa bansa natin eh. Dirty tactics.

Ang saken na lang I'll do my part when it comes to voting kung sino yung sa tingin kong karapat-dapat.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close