^^@ Sis Awesomecakes, in your 7 years together, how open are you 2 to each other? Kasi sa nakikita ko, if hindi mo pa "i-challenge" si bf na magsabi kung talagang okay as in okay lang sa kanya na hindi ka agree na magborrow siya sa wedding funds niyo, eh I am sure that in the future if ever may financial needs ulit family niya, he will keep it from you na and malamang ma-compromise ang savings allotted for your wedding fund. I am not saying that he shouldn't help out, for one thing, hindi pa kayo kasal so mahirap manghimasok sa finances niya even with his promise.
In some ways, it will help if both your families will know na you guys are already on the wedding planning and have been saving for it, they will then understand na bawas-bawas muna kayo ng mga "obligations" sa sarili niyong family. A little caveat though, because if his/your family is not the understanding type, eh it can be viewed as ka-competition na sa "support" and will keep on asking for help for this and that until hindi na madagdagan savings niyo.
Hubby and I were never in that situation because our families are independent financially. If we give or help out, eh it's because of our own accord. No pressure. So I can't give you that much on specifically how you should go about this.
In your case, were you able to keep track kung sino ang naghulog for this certain dep? If you were, then make sure that BF only gets to borrow the part na he himself contributed. For me lang ha, ansama na nga kung hindi mababalik yung savings, mas lalo na if pati my part of the savings eh nagamit din. I'm not saying be selfish, just protect your interests. And lastly, how on-board is he to the plan of settling down? Baka kasi hindi wedding ang priorities niya as of now kaya it's okay for him na mabawasan yung fund. May target budget ba kayo?
^sis neraks, I agree! As much as possible, wag pag-awayan ang pera. Kikitain pa rin yan, pero hurt feelings, broken heart and marriage, mahirap ng mabawi pa. And besides, when we married our spouses, we vowed to love and to cherish each other, for richer or for poorer. I know it sounds so gasgas na, pero for me I have so much respect to these vows. Traditional and old fashioned, may be, but hindi mo maaalis ang gravity ng meaning ng words na yon.
Good luck sa inyo sis, and always pray for wisdom and guidance. This too shall pass.