watch now

Author Topic: Sleep Paralysis, anyone?  (Read 11192 times)

cookerbel

  • Guest
Sleep Paralysis, anyone?
« on: April 29, 2013, 04:57:18 pm »
Has anyone of you ever experienced sleep paralysis? Yung tipong tulog ka(or gising) nakikita mo yung surroundings mo, you hear voices sometimes, worse, you see some shadow of some kind or hear voices, yet your body is frozen and you force yourself to move but cannot, force yourself to speak up, but cannot. I've experienced this several times and it's horrible. Happens mostly when I fall asleep with the lights on and fall asleep without praying.

IN college, sobrang dalas ko ma experience ito. I am thinking kasi di ako palasimba nung college at andami kong heartaches nun hehe. NUng nagwowork nako seldom. Grabe scary lang parang may demonyo lang talaga sa paligid when I experience this sleep paralysis. Only recently I found out its scientific explanation, mga comments naman ng tao dun sa article, eh hindi agreeable. Anyway, last time I experienced this was 4 days ago. I just uttered Jesus' name and I woke up(Thank God).


Care to share your experience?

deity17

  • Guest
Re: Sleep Paralysis, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 09:59:17 am »
I often experience this especially nung undergrad days ko. mag-isa lang kasi ako sa condo nun. i think psychological din sa case ko since lagi ko iniisip na nakakatakot na mag-isa lang ako. what usually happen to me is i see myself na natutulog sa condo ko rin, then i force myself to wake up but i couldnt.wala naman ako naririnig na voices or nakikitang ibang tao, basta ako lang mag-isa na gusto ko na gumising but instead na-trap ako sa 'dream' na yun

femmenagerie

  • Guest
Re: Sleep Paralysis, anyone?
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 11:32:13 am »
I used to experience this every 2 years since HS. Haha! May timeline talaga. :)) Actually, yung boyfriend ko nakapansin about the timeline. Bago pa lang kami nun when I told him about sleep paralysis. At that time hindi ko pa alam may term pala for it, but ayun nakwento ko sa kanya na there was this guy in black who always showed himself to me sa dreams. Yung clothing niya yung tipong old school talaga. As in suit na may matching "magician's" hat. Gets ba?

Tapos in all these dreams, he always asks me to go with him and he'll give me all things I wanted daw. He asks me this just after ko magstart na hindi makagalaw and hirap makahinga. And yung feeling na alam mo dream lang at gising ka pero hindi ka makagising. Takot na takot and you keep convincing yourself na dream lang yun and nothing bad will happen kasi magigising ka rin eventually.

Nakwento ko rin ito sa mommy ko before ko makilala si bf now. And my mom tells me not to agree with the guy in my dreams in case magtanong ulit. Kasi daw baka mamaya mawala ako bigla in my sleep. So anyway going back kay bf nung nakwnto ko about these incidents.. He asked me: Malungkot ka ba nung napapanaginipan mo yang ganyan?

That was the only time na narealize ko na oo nga it always happens every time na depressed ako or having heart aches. hehe. Tapos I told him: now that you mention it, tama ka. Tapos he said: Don't worry you won't dream of him anymore. Kinilig ako nun. Haha! And true enough I don't dream of the guy anymore.

Although yung part about not being able to breathe and move. Mga a month ago na-experience ko ulit. I guess it must be related to stress since medyo hindi ako masaya lately sa work ko.

What I usually do is to pray in my dreams pag nararamdaman ko na magsstart yung sleep paralysis. Kasi diba, may moment talaga na alam mo aatakihin ka nung Sleep Paralysis. Parang mabigat na magaan yung loob mo at the same time. Ang labo lang. Tapos parang you're extra alert sa surroundings mo. Sobrang tahimik pero at the same time, parang may mga maririnig ka na di mo maintindihan and then ayun na.. hindi ka na makagalaw and makahinga.

I've done a lot of reading about these kasi natatakot ako na ma-deads ako sa sleep ko. Hehe. Plus, nakakapraning talaga siya ha. Anway, I always see stuff about prayers before sleeping and while na-eexperience mo na yung sleep paralysis. Yung prayers daw kasi will help you take your mind off the feeling of dread/paralysis.

Yung ibang advise naman na nakita ko is, weird as it might seem... You need lang to relax. Tapos eventually magigising ka rin daw. Or kaya tell yourself to move yung big toe mo or fingers. I've found that yung prayers work best and yung toe. As for the relaxing part... I tried it, too. But minsan parang nakakapraning eh. So stick na lang ako sa prayers. Hehe.

Sorry napahaba, but i hope my post helped naman :) I hope hindi kayo masyado ma-affect dun sa sleep paralysis kasi ang hirap niya talaga paminsan. Hehe

fabuleuxmoi

  • Guest
Re: Sleep Paralysis, anyone?
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 07:58:01 pm »
I first experienced this when I was still in high school. That was already five years ago. I used to experience this a lot before, until it came to a point na hindi na ako natatakot. I just wait until it's over kasi nakakasawa na. I don't get this anymore, though. To think, I was more "religious" when I used to have this. I've read all of those scientific explanations, but I don't believe them 100% either. I guess whatever it really is, we should just learn how to "ask for protection."

chinita05

  • Guest
Re: Sleep Paralysis, anyone?
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 10:18:34 am »
I've been experiencing this for years since college. There are times pa nga na it happens 3-4times in 1 night. Yung everytime you fall asleep nagkaka sleeping paralysis ka and then when you succeed to wake yourself up aantukin ka ulit tapos it will happen again and again until matakot ka na ma fall asleep. There are 3 things that helped me prevent this from reoccuring more often.

1. Make sure to relax before sleeping
2. Do not sleep at your back, make sure to sleep at your side (just make sure thats your position when youre trying to get some sleep)
3. Make sure your room is very dark or wear eye mask before going to sleep (seeing weird things while sleeping paralysis is happening can be prevented by this kasi your eyes are covered eh)

jtansanco

  • Guest
Re: Sleep Paralysis, anyone?
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 10:31:50 am »
^ Really? Sleeping on your back causes this?

I think the cause of this is because of a disrupt in REM sleep so you can't distinguish between a dream and reality. If what my understanding is correct, then I often experience. Just earlier, I dreamed of trying to sleep (parang Inception yung dating). I look forward to this kind of experience actually. :)

fabuleuxmoi

  • Guest
Re: Sleep Paralysis, anyone?
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 02:04:01 pm »
^ I guess chances of experiencing this only decrease when you sleep on your back. For a while akala ko effective siya but I still had it even when I slept on my side.

chinita05

  • Guest
Re: Sleep Paralysis, anyone?
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 10:04:51 am »
I said it may help but I never said it will stop. Pero most of the time it was happening to me when I am so tired or stressed.

xhawie0131

  • Guest
Re: Sleep Paralysis, anyone?
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 01:41:30 pm »
i used to have this pero mga 2 yrs na rin na hindi ko na na experience ulit. Thank God.

sa akin naman sa na ooberve ko mas madalas sya tuwing natutulog ako sa hapon (siesta time) lalo na yung masarap ang tulog ko then magigising ako but then sarap parin matulog. matutulog ulit ako at ayan na, sleep paralysis na sya. kasi siguro half of my brain is saying na dapat gumising na ako, then the other half is gusto pa matulog kaya siguro ganun...did i make sense? hehe... but, so true effective talaga ang prayer. Ako ang sambit ko always is "In the name of Jesus!" ayan na, gising na ako bigla nyan... :)

Pink_Sugar

  • Guest
Re: Sleep Paralysis, anyone?
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2013, 05:29:55 pm »
Na experience ko rin to akala ko mamatay na ako. Lol gusto kong magdasal pero biglang hindi ko maalala yung words. Tapos kelangan kong gumawa ng malakas na tunog para makinig ako ng kasama ko sa kabila kelangan kong ihulog ang sarili ko sa higaan para may kumalabog. Buti nagising ako at hindi ako makahinga. Pagod sa trabaho ata ang cause. Mga 8 years ago na ng nangyari yun.

rufapeachypie

  • Guest
Re: Sleep Paralysis, anyone?
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 01:14:29 pm »
Ako din naeexperience ko to since bata ako..Last experience ko eh last week lang din at i guess un ang pinakamalala.Kakahiga ko lang non eh tapos nakatulog ako kagad sa sobrang antok then ayun na nanaginip ako kagad at ang weird kasi sa panaginip ko eh nananaginip din ako na di ako makahinga tapos struggling to wake up nako kasi parang ang tagal ko ng di humihinga na parang feel ko na manipis na yung breath ko so ginawa ko bumwelo ko para gumising. Mga 3x pa naulit un kasi di ba pag nagising ka di mo malabanan yung antok kaya pipikit ka ulit. After non, si creepy dream naman ang sumunod, ang eksena eh parang may monster na nakahuli saken so tili ako ng tili hanggang sa nagising ako na kala ko tumitili talaga ko only to find out na yung ears ko pala ang lakas ng ugong to the point na parang nabibingi nako. Natakot talaga ko non kasi kala ko un na ang last battle ko haha!

I think malaking factor ang sleep deprivation ko at saka stress. Minsan may out of body experience din ako lalo pag nag-siesta ko dito sa office, madalas creepy din yung mga nakikita ko pag nangyayari saken to.

det060403

  • Guest
Re: Sleep Paralysis, anyone?
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 12:18:58 am »
ive experienced such when I was younger. pero hindi naman palagi like every night...  it made me fear "sleep" itself.

yhiing

  • Guest
Re: Sleep Paralysis, anyone?
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2013, 02:01:18 am »
I've read scientific explanations, and di din ako 100% naniniwala.  It only happened 3 times, when I was so depressed, angry or has nega emotions.  Nangyari lang din yun sa isang house na hindi maganda ang pasok ng natural light, hindi ko maexplain ng maayos, but these are the type of places na madali ako makakakita ng shadow person.  Madaming antiques yung house including a St. Michael slaying the devil statue.

Nagstop ang "sleep paralysis" when I learned to control my feelings and always stayed emotionally and mentally positive.  Have faith & constantly communicate with God.  Ignore corners/places na madalas mag-form/makakita ng shadow person.     

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: Sleep Paralysis, anyone?
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2013, 04:11:58 pm »
I started experiencing this when I was maybe 4 years old. That first one yung pinakanakakatakot because there was a hooded black figure sa gilid ng bed ko. After that, nasanay na lang. I read about it and talagang magkikick in daw talaga yung feeling of fear. Pag nangyayari sya sakin now, I just pray na sana magising na ko. Then, pag gising ko, I get on with my life.

stupidgal

  • Guest
Re: Sleep Paralysis, anyone?
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2014, 06:01:34 am »
So iba pa pala to sa bangungot.  I thought bangungot yung sakin without the bad-dream part pero yung hindi makagalaw, yes na-experience ko yun.

Good thing napadpad ako dito, now I know may term pala sa ganon.

Do you think doctors can check?

April30

  • Guest
Re: Sleep Paralysis, anyone?
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2014, 07:24:46 pm »
Have same experience din when I was in high school and college. In my case this happens during my afternoon naps. Nung nagka-asawa at pamilya na ako na sarili ko, hindi ko na naranasan ito.

KVsWahmmy

  • Guest
Re: Sleep Paralysis, anyone?
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2014, 09:00:53 pm »
Nangyari to sa kin twice when I was still living in a boarding house nung nagwowork pa ko sa call center. Mag-isa lang ako sa room. The first time was brief, and it happened shortly after a friend's death. I prayed and talked to my friend who passed away and asked if she can help me, nagising naman ako.

The second one was longer - and grabehan ang feeling. Inception talaga ang peg. Here's what happened. Sa panaginip ko, nananaginip daw ako at biglang nagising (so in short, nasa panaginip pa din ako), nung nagising daw ako, tumayo ako going towards the door. I opened the door, and saw my bf (ex ko na ngayon) and he was telling me to go out. Hindi ako sumama, and then I closed the door and went back to bed to sleep.  Tapos ayun, still in the same dream, pagbalik ko sa 'pagtulog', 'nagising' ako ulit, still in the dream. And same thing happened, tumayo ako, binuksan ang pinto (minus the bf scene the 2nd time around), and then bumalik sa kama para mahiga at matulog ulit. By this 2nd time, conscious na ko na teka, hindi ako magising. Sa panaginip ko, pag bumabalik ako sa pagtulog, ina-attempt ko magising, pero hindi ako magising. And I was thinking consciously that time na nga na I was having sleep paralysis na. The third time, still in the same freaking dream - the same eksena. Pero when I went back to bed, ang nilagay ko sa isip ko, hindi ko susubukan gisingin ang sarili ko, instead, patutulugin ko ang sarili ko, that I was really going back to sleep, and then I prayed, and tried my darn best to move my toes. Nung nagalaw ko na yung toes ko, nagising na ko (for real). And super takot na takot ako, I felt cold all over, and pawis na pawis din. Hindi naman na nangyari ulit ito. Thank God. nakakabaliw eh.

chicafabulosa

  • Guest
Re: Sleep Paralysis, anyone?
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2014, 10:22:11 pm »
Suki na yata ako nito. I was checked by a doctor because of the frequent sleep paralysis ko. I was diagnosed with postdormital sleep paralysis. (Mine kasi its happening during waking up process). It started after I gave birth. I was diagnosed with postpartum so according to the doctor it is connected to my stress and depression and lack of sleep. So i was given anti depressant meds for me to relax. Also it happens to me whenever i sleep on my back. Feeling ko sinasakal ko. So i was told to sleep in fetal position.

I was told lessening my stresses will definitely help. So ayun right now it happens na lang pag super stressed ako and wala akong tulog. But hindi na kagaya ng dati na halos every other day after I gave birth

jtansanco

  • Guest
Re: Sleep Paralysis, anyone?
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2014, 06:09:01 am »
Speaking of sleep paralysis, I experienced this about 1-2 weeks ago.

I was sleeping facing my right side in a fetal position with both hands stretching in front of me with palms facing upward. My mind was dreaming although both of my eyes were surprisingly open. Then, the nightmare began. I "saw" a monster-like hand creep up from the side of my bed and putting his hand down on my palms as if it was pushing it downwards. I could actually "feel" the pressure and I felt paralyzed the whole time. My mind subconsciously told myself "it's the devil!". After "hearing" that phrase, I panicked and WILLED myself to wake up.

Oh well, just another dream experience worth remembering.

sugardrop

  • Guest
Re: Sleep Paralysis, anyone?
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2014, 09:33:01 am »
Suki na ako nito. Less frequent na lang compared before nga lang na almost everyday which is good.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close