watch now

Author Topic: Singapore (Thread 21)  (Read 83516 times)

xtine

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 21)
« Reply #500 on: July 22, 2013, 10:39:15 pm »
^I think just the same as buses from Kranji MRT (SG) to Johor Bahru Immig (MY).  The bus you rode may not be the same bus that you will ride after immigration in MY.  Normally, since you paid for the fare already, you can ride the next available bus.  They don't wait kasi baka nga naman matagalan yung pasahero sa immig, kawawa yung ibang nagbayad.  So its a routine to have bus coming to JB in intervals to pick up passengers to kotaraya.  You don't need to worry if you rode a different bus because you will bring ALL your things to JB immig, walang maiiwan gamit sa bus na sinakyan nyo from Changi to JB.  Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 10:46:09 pm by xtine »

mom_c

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 21)
« Reply #501 on: July 23, 2013, 12:16:25 am »
^ thank you sis. clarify ko lang, ibig sabihin since bayad na namin yung fare nang una namin sinakyan  yung next available bus after immigration  di na kami magbabayad sa uli sa bus?

entwife

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 21)
« Reply #502 on: July 23, 2013, 08:56:51 am »
haha sis xtine! thanks. full effort with pics pa. Thanks talaga.

Pag hindi kasi ako mineet ng friend ko, 2 days kasi akong solo so mejo kabado. This is my first out of the country so i'm starting from scratch. Even currency exchange and sim card (if needed) eh nireresearch ko.haha

mahilig kasi ako sa history sis xtine, napanood ko yung docu about sir raffles. So gusto ko lang makita haha,. Kung saan yung first step niya sa SG. I mean I have so much time to kill on my 2nd day kasi. Di naman ako mahilig talaga sa mga mall.


xtine

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 21)
« Reply #503 on: July 23, 2013, 09:39:02 am »
^ thank you sis. clarify ko lang, ibig sabihin since bayad na namin yung fare nang una namin sinakyan  yung next available bus after immigration  di na kami magbabayad sa uli sa bus?

Di na sis. :) Routine lang na marami bus na dadating.  Kung by ezlink ang pay, then yung leg mo to kotaraya pwedeng free na sya.  If via cash, ask for receipt para sure, pero more or less, either of the two leg changi - JB or JB to Kotaraya is free na.

haha sis xtine! thanks. full effort with pics pa. Thanks talaga.

Pag hindi kasi ako mineet ng friend ko, 2 days kasi akong solo so mejo kabado. This is my first out of the country so i'm starting from scratch. Even currency exchange and sim card (if needed) eh nireresearch ko.haha

mahilig kasi ako sa history sis xtine, napanood ko yung docu about sir raffles. So gusto ko lang makita haha,. Kung saan yung first step niya sa SG. I mean I have so much time to kill on my 2nd day kasi. Di naman ako mahilig talaga sa mga mall.



Sis, pareho tayo.  Mahilig din ako sa history and culture ng ibang countries.  I highly suggest you take the National Museum of Singapore.  Pabalik balik ako dyan.  I bring guests who enjoy history so much.  Interactive sya kaya marami fun way to discover and learn the history of Singapore.  Hindi sya old and boring museum (free on Sun and S$10 on normal days).  Same as Asian civilization museum, its interactive and fun.  You get to learn the history of religion and cultures of asian countries.  Very fun and informative (S$8) last year, not free on sunday.  If you have less time here, I suggest you skip sir stamford kasi kumpleto lahat ng stories nya (interactive pa) sa National museum (Douby Ghaut Stn).

With regards with picture, kasi mahirap explain pag wala picture.  He he he. 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 09:48:10 am by xtine »

mom_c

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 21)
« Reply #504 on: July 23, 2013, 09:48:43 am »
^ thank you sis sa reply. mas malinaw na sa akin ngayon yung transfer from Singapore airport to johor bahru.. ask ko din pala sis, regarding Universal studio free shuttle. kahit ba hindi guest  sa pick up point hotel nila maaring sumakay basta may voucher or ticket ng universal studio? thanks 😊

xtine

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 21)
« Reply #505 on: July 23, 2013, 09:53:21 am »
^That I am not sure sis.  I have never gone to USS with a free shuttle simply because we haven't taken free shuttles to USS or sentosa.  We commute kasi.    Even when we stayed in MBS and went to USS we still took the MRT to Sentosa.  :)


mom_c

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 21)
« Reply #506 on: July 23, 2013, 10:05:27 am »
ganun ba sis. last time kasi nagpunta kami Universal studio nag hire kami private shuttle kasi may kasama kami mga bata. kung mag mtr kami sis, may bayad na ba ang 4yrs old child? nung nagpunta kasi kami Hong Kong nung June yung anak ko karga ni hubby kaya wala bayad pati sa airport express.hehe..  sa Singapore ba mahigpit kaya sila sa mtr? thanks uli sis!

entwife

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 21)
« Reply #507 on: July 23, 2013, 10:33:39 am »
I think I like to see the National Museum. Kaso I dont want to spend an entire day naman dun. okay na kaya yung 2-3 hours? I'll do that maybe on my 2nd day.

Kaso sis gusto ko pa rin makita si sir raffles. Lol. haha. Kahit yung white na lang. I think along the river lang din naman siya di ba? pero kung malayo pa dun sa walking tour ko, i might reconsider.

And sis medyo nalito lang ako,. yung 2nd directions ba na pinost mo, yung with pictures, madadaanan ko rin yung raffles place?

xtine

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 21)
« Reply #508 on: July 23, 2013, 11:34:52 am »
^Actually sis National museum is only 3 hours max. :) 

When I was assigned here in SG and my only availability to roam around is only 2 hrs (because I had to go back home to finish some pending work), I always end up going there just to reset my mind.  Then balik na ulit ako sa bahay ko to finish all my tasks at work.  Sandali lang sya.

Sir Stamford's statue is just located at the back of Asian Civilization museum.  So madadaanan mo sha on the way there.  I thought the statue was located in the old Raffles Hotel.

http://www.streetdirectory.com/sg/sir-stamford-raffles-statue/45850_1.html

entwife

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 21)
« Reply #509 on: July 23, 2013, 11:48:23 am »
Sis., you are so helpful! Thanks. I'll do the museum in the morning then I'll do my walking tour in the afternoon.

Medyo confused pa rin ako sa walking tour ko but you mentioned naman na it's all in there so I think madali na lang kapag andun na ako.
Parang pinaka hahanapin ko lang is Fullerton Bay hotel and makikita ko na lahat.haha

How about this sis, Arab Street, Little India and Bugis. Tama bang pinagsama ko silang tatlo and worth it ba?

kayesl

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 21)
« Reply #510 on: July 23, 2013, 11:51:04 am »
ganun ba sis. last time kasi nagpunta kami Universal studio nag hire kami private shuttle kasi may kasama kami mga bata. kung mag mtr kami sis, may bayad na ba ang 4yrs old child? nung nagpunta kasi kami Hong Kong nung June yung anak ko karga ni hubby kaya wala bayad pati sa airport express.hehe..  sa Singapore ba mahigpit kaya sila sa mtr? thanks uli sis!

pag 90cm na yung bata, may bayad na sa MRT and bus. meron iba nakakapagpuslit pa ng bata up to 95cm.  pag mas malaki dyan, baka masita na kayo...
i remember i already bought a Child ez-link card for my daughter when she was 3yo.

entwife

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 21)
« Reply #511 on: July 23, 2013, 01:27:03 pm »
Ah.. ang hirap gumawa ng itinerary,. haha thanks sisters.

Marami bang spots ang free wifi? Sa airport ba free? how about sa mga restaurants?

xtine

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 21)
« Reply #512 on: July 23, 2013, 01:43:17 pm »
^Sis, there aren't that much restaurants with Wifi.  Burger king and Mcdo lang ang merong wifi most of the time.  Don't forget to try Din tai fung when you get here.  Bugis, Little India and Arab street is So so for me.  I was assigned before within that area (near raffles hospital) and I dunno, its not as lively and relaxing as River valley (clarke quay, asian civilization, esplananade area where the river path is).  Arab street reminds me of Malate where bars are located.  Bugis is Baclaran and Little India is divisoria only cleaner and minus the street vendors. :) Ha ha ha sorry for the description of those places.

entwife

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 21)
« Reply #513 on: July 23, 2013, 02:11:30 pm »
Haha Funny sis. Okay. Then I might skip that one.
Now, problem ko talaga yung internet. Hay what would I do.

So far eto ang itinerary ko:

Day 1: I'll be arriving at 9am. No plans yet,.Kasi this is supposed to be the day na imimeet ko yung friend ko from SG. (If wala siya then I'll move my walking tour to this day.)
Day 2: National Museum in the morning, then walking city tour in the afternoon
Day 3: USS then Skyride + Luge
Day 4: Maybe eto na yung mall tour. haha. Yung 2 friends ko kasi na susunod sa SG from Philippines mahilig sa malls.

How about holland village? Is it like Bugis?
I like dumplings sis. So yes i'll check Din tai fung. Di ko rin pala alam kung san ko isisingit yung Henderson waves.

xtine

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 21)
« Reply #514 on: July 23, 2013, 02:18:53 pm »
^With your limited time, I don't think you'll be able to squeeze in Holland Village and Henderson Wave.  The reason being is that Holland Village is like Maginhawa st near QC circle.  Rows of bars and restaurants lang sya.  There's nothing spectacular to that place unlike if you stay here longer, you can visit it.  Clark Quay is more lively and interesting.

Henderson waves, although its a good see, its just the view of Keppel Bay (the port area of SG).  It has a nice ambiance but then again, you will have to take the taxi going here kasi its hard to describe how to get here unless I know where you are coming from.  You might only stay here for 10 minutes or less just to take pix and leave already.  So not that good for those with limited time.

entwife

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 21)
« Reply #515 on: July 23, 2013, 02:44:00 pm »
I'll just leave my Day 1 open for anything and my last day well, I have to talk sa mga kasama ko anong gusto nilang gawin. Baka balik uli sa sentosa.

Thanks sis xtine. I'll post again if I have more questions :)

mom_c

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 21)
« Reply #516 on: July 23, 2013, 04:58:26 pm »
mga sis ask ko lang uli kung need na ba ng ticket or ez link ang 4year old child sa mtr ng Singapore? mahigpit ba sila di tulad s Hong Kong? thanks..

cinnam

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 21)
« Reply #517 on: July 23, 2013, 05:24:59 pm »
Wow sis pinksuman thanks for taking time to reply and suggest more must try's in sg, sige I'll fine tune pa our itinerary whew thank you talaga :)

GirlCrush

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 21)
« Reply #518 on: July 23, 2013, 06:35:17 pm »
^^YES a 4yr old needs an ez link card :) If I were you, I will just pay and won't take any chances to gamble if you can get away without paying for your child... Madalas na mabad shot ang mga Pinoys dito kaya I don't think this is a good idea :)

mom_c

  • Guest
Re: Singapore (Thread 21)
« Reply #519 on: July 23, 2013, 06:43:20 pm »
 no problem naman kung bibili ng ezlink for child. just asking lang po kung di naman ganun kahigpit sa mga bata like Hong Kong. thanks!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close