watch now

Author Topic: mother forced me to have abortion before.. now wants me to leave my husband  (Read 29137 times)

carlijn

  • Guest
I have a problem with my mom, recently she and my husband had a really huge and heated argument… the issues stem from long way back, but was was triggered by my mother’s too much meddling… please bear with me as I try to narrate my story

My husband and I started dating when I was still studying… already post grad actually… anyway, back then my mother was still supporting me financially… All my life, my mother had a say in everything I do, controlling almost all aspect of my life, even with my choice of job after I graduated from college.. and this affected me a lot because I felt  I had no control over my life for she was making and calling all the shots and I obeyed like a robot.

When I was in my 2nd year of post grad studies, I got pregnant,… my husband back then who was my boyfriend was excited about the baby but he knew how stressed I was because he knew that my mother was very strict and controlling and yet we decided to tell her the truth… we thought she accepted it.. we were even crying on the phone, she was abroad at that time… she told me that I needed to join her so I did... not knowing that her intention was to force me to have my baby aborted… till now I have not forgiven myself for allowing her to control me and force me to undergo through something that will scar me for the rest of my life.  After I lost my baby, I was never myself again…she did not even considered taking me to counseling when she saw how depressed I was…  all day after that I stayed in my room … I did not even want to leave the house… when she saw my state, instead of regretting what she made me do, she wanted me to end my relationship with my boyfriend… and when I refused, she beat me.  I wanted to jump out the window and end my life back then… but I tried to be strong and wanted to come back to Manila and be away from her.  My mother accused me of so many hurtful things while she was beating me up… all this occurred after I lost my baby.

When I told my husband that I lost the baby, he was heartbroken and I knew somehow he blamed my mother but he did not admit it… what I never told him was how I lost our baby… he thinks I lost the baby because my mom drove us back and forth cross country kaya natagtag ako.  Until now he doesn’t know the truth because even I still cannot bring myself to forgive myself for being so weak and allowing my mother to threaten me and take my baby’s life.  It pains me to reminisce it all.  Not .once has my mother been sorry for forcing me undergo through it.

Anyway, I was still able to come back to the Philippines and finish my post grad studies… I never stopped seeing my boyfriend … I kept it from her… we had plans of settling down after I graduate.  Eventually I admitted that he and I are still very much together… and we thought she was ok with it already because my boyfriend did everything he can so she will accept him.  We were already able to go out legally and he could visit me at home

After I finished my postgrad, she was again forcing me to join her abroad but I was making all excuses so I would not go because I was really miserable when I am with her… and this angered her….  Unfortunately also at that time, my brother in law overheard my mother  telling a relative of mine of all her plans daw for me, even wanting me to marry a foreigner.  My husband found eventually found out about it and was very hurt… he started doubting if our relationship would ever work because my mother tried to control my life too much… and that if we ended up together, he would have a hellish life with her as a mother-in-law.  He admitted it was what triggered him at the time to go astray because he felt I did not have the nerve or guts to fight for him … I posted the story in a different thread around 2009

Anyway he ended up playing around and had a one night stand which unfortunately  resulted in a child.  It broke my heart when I found out, I thought I was being punished for every wrong thing I did and most especially for losing our child and now he was having a baby with someone else whom he barely knows….I almost gave up and wanted to end my life and end our relationship… God knows I have drank a lot of sleeping pills at that time to numb myself.… I was in so much pain…. but when he thought he was going to lose me when I left their house  (we were already living together )…. He went frantic when I was not answering his calls …. He realized he wanted me in his life and thus he still chose me he said he could not get me out of his system and could not imagine his life without me in it. 

Eventually he and I got married in a civil ceremony without my mother’s knowledge… and of course you can just imagine how furious she was when we told her after a month of what we did… she was so angry and said a lot of hurtful words you cannot even stomach… but I never answered back, I just allowed her to vent out all her anger… despite all repeated calls of shouting and banging the phone, I kept answering it  only for her to end up hanging up on me after all her cursing and repeated accusations on how ungrateful I was and that she was disowning me.  Yet I listened and never retaliated.  I prayed that she will eventually  come to accept us.

When I gave birth to my first child, she and her new boyfriend came to the Philippines and attended my child’s christening… we tried to make their visit as pleasant as we could... we accommodated them the best way we could… my husband even became their chauffer… they were also very fond of my son.  Despite seeming ok from outside opinion, I knew there was still tension at home for my mother still has not fully accepted my marriage.  During the christening I heard her saying to people and even my friends, how disappointed she is that I got married so soon when she still had plans for me… and that I should not have gotten married yet… FYI I was already 30 when I got married… my husband also overheard my mother say it to other people but he said nothing and did not complain. 
After they went back abroad, we still continued communicating with them, sending them updated pictures of the baby and all.  Then I got pregnant again with our second child, my mother seemed ok with it.  Eventually she and her boyfriend planned to marry abroad, and she wanted my family to be there and my son to be their ring bearer… so I resigned from work just so we could join them on their wedding day and show our support … My husband and I and our two kids travelled and I sacrificed my job for her just to make her happy because my job would not take me a leave of absence, but I did it for her.  And yet we kept hearing all her side comments to people on how I should not have gotten married.  My husband even met the mother of the guy my mother was planning on arranging me with, still my husband was patient and understanding.

About a couple of months ago, my mother and her new husband came to visit the Philippines again and again stayed with us.  Again like before, my husband drove them to places they needed to go to… and still my husband kept hearing  my mother make snide comments on how I should not have gotten married, and she has still plans for me… she wanted us to migrate abroad and join them… she wanted me to find a job so I can petition my husband and kids.  My husband kept silent despite hearing on how my mother never seem to stop saying that I should not have gotten married.  We have postponed my 2nd baby’s christening because my mother said to wait for them to come home… my baby has already turned 11 mos old … and when we asked her when would be the convenient time for her for us to have the christening because she was always busy kaya kami ang magaadjust… to this she replied “hindi naman uso ang binyag abroad”… of course this hurt me and my husband… and yet we tolerated her.

My step father left for an earlier flight so my mother was left here by herself while she settle some personal stuff. 

Anyway, my husband could not take it anymore was when my mom would not stop meddling with issues at home especially with our household helpers… she paid one of our helper without telling us, hence even when I have already requested the helpers  not to involve my mother with their trivial issues because she has the tendency to see things in exaggeration, the helper did not listen for her loyalty was now with my mother… and I specifically requested them that whatever issues they may think my husband and I have should not reach my mother because I know she cannot wait for the opportunity to see something negative about my husband.  I was frank with the helper that my mother even when I have already 2 kids she wanted me to separate from my husband and that she has no idea what trouble her gossiping could bring to my family… my mother even told me “ang babae kahit sampu pa ang anak kung kailangan iwanan ang lalake, iwanan”… I do not understand her motive for saying that when she has never seen me and my husband argue since they visited us…. And frankly we have not argued about anything big for a long time.  My mother is in fact upset when we told her that I am again pregnant with my third baby …. Again her plans are destroyed because she was planning on taking me with her when she leaves.

Anyway among all the other issues with the helpers... my husband and I decided to let the helper leave when she volunteered to go since she cannot get along with the 2 other helpers.  My mother was so adamant in letting her stay when I have already told her that if the helper is no longer happy at home I will not force her to stay.  But my mother was very persistent … sobrang nakialam sa desisyon namin magasawa kaya ang laki ng ulo nung helper. 

Anyway, my husband and my mom came to a point na nagkasagutan na at nagkalabasan ng sama ng loob mga lumang issues naungkat… after the argument, my husband and I decided to take the kids to my in-laws and stay with them for the mean time.  We decided that we’ll just leave the house temporarily so we can think clearly and contemplate on what happened, rather than tell my mother to leave our home.

We have not yet returned to our house because my mother hasn’t left yet.  Sadly my mother has been doing humiliating things to destroy our reputation in our village… some of which are already to embarrassing to mention here.  They have been spreading nasty rumors about my husband.  She even accompanied the maid to the police to file a complaint that she was physically hurt by my husband.  When we left the house in the middle of the night, the maid even rode in the car with us since there was no more transportation out of the village during that time, we dropped her at a very well lit market place near her home with a lot of people and tricycle she can take.  It was also near the police station, she knew we were heading to my in-laws’ house, if she was hurt she could have gone straight to the police and lead them to the house to have my husband arrested… but instead she met with my mother the following morning to plan on destroying my husband.  My mom is willing to pay people to lie to destroy my husband.  She is so mad na sinagotsagot sha ng husband ko, na kung tutuusin kung sa akin din gawin ng in-laws ko ay malamang ganun din gagawin ko.

I have not talked to my mother since we left our house… frankly I do not know paano kami magaayos, for I know my mother … she is too proud and would never admit her mistakes… she must always be right and must win all arguments..  Now she cannot stop enumerating all her hardships and sacrifices for me and that I am very ungrateful… I can never be happy in my life for I am not making her happy, she is making me responsible for her happiness and disappointments.  She wants me to pay back all the money spent for my education and kulang pa daw yun tapos iba lang ang makikinabang sa pinaghirapan nya.  When in fact she took my baby’s life, not even all the money in the world she can give me can ever be enough to bring my baby back to life, for I can never be healed knowing I was partly responsible for being weak and afraid of my mother.  And all her anger is all about what?  She thinks I can do better, can find a richer husband… its all about money issues…  I feel physically, and emotionally drained from all the stress she is causing me and I am pregnant.  She sees me as an investment… na kailangan ko ibigay ang buhay na hindi naibigay ng parents nya at ng dad ko.

I feel so ashamed that my mother is capable of doing the things she is doing… because nalalaman ng in-laws ko… buti na lang I have not heard them speak ill against me despite what my mom has done to their son.

Sorry for the tedious post… I just need to let it out of my system and ask for advice… I wish there is a family counselor I can talk to regarding parent issues which is similar to retrovaille… I really think my mother needs outside intervention for not even the elders in our family can do anything… sasabihin lang nila kami ang umintindi…. Hindi na kasi pwedeng ganun, she needs to change if she wants to fix our family… the older people cannot keep using the excuse na sila ang matanda at sila lang ang tama.  I want my children to grow  up and learn to be humble  and admit if they make a mistake, I want them to see that even their parents are capable of apologizing and admitting mistakes if we have to. Hindi yung.. “ako ang magulang wag mo kequestionin” mentality because nobody is perfect.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 01:10:08 pm by carlijn »

molybdenumstudios

  • Guest
You can count on me.

Okay, some people will say that I'm too young to explain this one (I'm not yet on my 20s), but your mother has always been exploiting you for her own benefit. Her attitude has been a sign of insecurity kaya she wanted those "frustrations" of hers to be passed toward you.

You see, she should seek a psychiatrist because she does not simply have an attitude problem. In fact, she's an unstable mother who has a severe case of personality disorder (I'm not a psychology major but based ny instincts, personal experiences and observations). I think if I were you, confront her, and tell her that she should have a psychiatric check! She really needs that. Very unstable na 'yung attitude problem niya (este personality disorder) niya because there are some arrogant people who will concede when they know they're already below the belt.

Kung ako pa ang nasa posisyon mo, I would have rather committed suicide na lang para matauhan talaga siya (IMO). No, I'm not encouraging you to commit suicide, but you have to file a restraining order against her. She's one example of a very dangerous person who will do everything to exploit you, para lang may ipagmayabang siya that these are her "achievements" at your expense.

I think she came from a very dysfunctional family, kaya siguro ganyan ugali niya. Not to generalize, but her actions are not tolerable. Kahit sinong matinong tao, nobody will ever tolerate her attitude. She's dangerous not because of her excessive pride. Mentally unstable na ang tawag ko diyan.

So if I were you sis carlijn, you should file a restraining order against her right now. (:

erin1992

  • Guest
Naka-relate ako.
I agree with sis molybdenumstudios, you should file a restraining order against your mom, kasi in the first place, hindi naman talaga akakatulong na malapit sya sa inyo.

Well, parang kahit anong ganda pa ang ipakita nyo, ganun pa din ang opinyon nya, maling mali na yun. Isa pa, para sya pa mismo ang magpilit na mag-undergo ka ng abortion tas sya pang palaging galit at parang ikaw pa rin ang sumisira sa buhay mo, maling mali pa rin.

 Parang napaka-twisted talaga ng mom mo sis carljin, very unhealthy in every way.
Lalong unhealthy sa lagay mo ngayong buntis ka. tsk tsk tsk. you shouldn't be dealing with things like this. haaay.

I'm not that old to give my opinions too, I'm only 21. I got pregnant and gave birth last year, I'm only 20 back then. When my mom knew, ang sabi nya sakin "Anong plano mo dyan?" sabi ko "Syempre itutuloy ko, anak ko 'to eh. Alangan namang ilaglag ko." She said "Di lang naman ikaw ang unang gagawa nyan pag nagkataon eh." Conversations like that happened until my dad found out. (She's trying to keep it from him too.)

Yup, she hinted that I should abort my baby too (she even know what to do for that), but she didn't pushed me when I said I want to keep him. She have a lot of plans for me pa, she wanted me to take up culinary, have a nice career, go abroad and stuff (I graduated last year too, HRM) before settling down. Ayaw nya din sa tatay ng baby ko, but at least she was supportive enough to give him a chance.
~napa-share na din ako.

So, yeah... TRO against her.
You should get away from a lot of stressful things sis, preggy ka pa naman.
Kapag medyo ok na sitwasyon,unwind and relax relax ka muna.
Buti na lang mabait si hubby. Stay strong, both of you.
And keep the baby in mind, plus your two kids.

Can't imagine your mom, haaaay, very unhealthy. Wiw.
Keep us posted sis!
Take care palagi!

quinone

  • Guest
I wish there is a family counselor I can talk to regarding parent issues which is similar to retrovaille… I really think my mother needs outside intervention for not even the elders in our family can do anything…

hindi mo mababago ibang tao, sarili mo lang. it is you & your husband who needs counseling, maybe the therapist can tell you how to better handle your mother. unang-una kailangan muna tanggapin ng mother mo na something is wrong with her bago mo siya ma-convince na magpunta sa doctor; i very much doubt you can convince her!

kahit mali, you let her do what she wants, WHY? tahimik ka lang, you do not stand up for your husband kahit natatapakan ang pride niya with what your mother is doing. kawawa naman ang husband mo, baka lumaki anak mo tapos naririnig nila their lola belittles their daddy. ano iisipin nila diba?

parang i want to tell you to keep your kids away from your mother, pero i don't know if that is right. sa part naman na 3 na kids mo, medyo tama lang na ma-concern ang mother mo, medyo madami na ata yun sa hirap ng buhay ngayon.

sa abortion clinic ba talagang wala kang choice? pwede ka naman mag eskandalo doon kung talagang ayaw mo. you need to grow a spine. tandaan mo nanay ka na rin. talk to your husband about this and ask for his support, you will need it very much. goodluck, wag ka matakot awayin ang nanay mo kung alam mong tama ka, you are of age na.

freelancer_babe

  • Guest
This is probably one of the most awful, shocking and saddest story I've read in GT.

An abortion? But really, she had you do that? I'm quite shocked na nagawa mo and you didn't fight against your mom's decision? Why?

As many others say, "Mothers know best". But her behavior is extreme and I think it is not something that a typical mom would do. So, yeah - looks like she doesn't know what is best for you.

And yes, as mentioned there could be something seriously wrong with her personality. I see something wrong with your mom's personality too.. hmm.. so she has a boyfriend. I wonder what happened to your dad?

I also do not know why you still want to follow your mother's wishes even if you think what she wants is wrong? Is it because you love her and want to get her approval ba?

Temporary restraining order as advised earlier could give you peace - but for the meantime. But then, the word "temporary" is just temporary and will not give you a long term solution to your problem.

If not TRO, then the extreme measure (but I think is highly effective) is to go live away from her and cut off all contact before she gives you and your family any more harm. Hard and painful decision to make, but for the sake of the kids and even your husband's relationship... you're not a kid anymore who will always need to get the approval of your mom.

But yep, definitely getting a family counselor could help solve this. Get a very good one. I think there is something in her past that made her behave this way at present. You cannot solve this problem all by yourselves.

moonie

  • Guest
Kaninong bahay ba yung iniwan niyo?  Kung hindi naman sa nanay mo, then kick her out of the house! Gumagawa na siya ng gulo, sinisiraan ang asawa mo't ginawan pa ng kwento para maipapulis.  Baka mamaya hinahanap na ng pulis yang asawa mo.  Hindi yata titigil yang nanay mo hangang maghiwalay kayo ng asawa mo.  Better cut ties with her.  Sorry, pero may topak ang nanay mo.  Keep your whole family together and away from her.

Nasaan na ang 2 mo pang kasambahay?  Kunin mo na rin baka bayaran din ng nanay mo para magsinungaling.  You need them as witnesses against the other kasambahay who filed a complaint.  Go to your relatives and tell them the problem you have with your mom.  I don't believe they'll side with her no matter how much they value respect for elders.  Naninira na ng pamilya at nagfa-fabricate na ng krimen ang nanay mo e.  Perhaps they can talk to her.  They might not convince her deranged mind (sorry again), but it might be enough to send her back abroad.

Hey, I know she's your mum but her presence is clearly destructive and unhealthy for all of you.  If you wish to keep her in your life better do it by communicating via the phone or the internet.  If she has to visit the Philippines, then make arrangements for her to stay in a hotel. 

marose17

  • Guest
Your mother has ruined your life because you let her.  It's time to make a stand and end her domination.  If you can do that, you will be at peace.  All the advices of the sisters here will come to naught if you do not fight for what you think is right.  You still have time to change the course of your life. 

CityHunter

  • Guest
Hi, carlijn.

Before anything muna ask ko lang how do you pronounce yun handle mo? :)

Uber bad yan mom mo though she doesn't yet take the top award as I have a case where the devil of a mom-in-law has commissioned black magic on her daughter-in-law AND granddaughter.  All for the want naman na her son be someone else that she can control.  Well, if yours resort to that you can PM me for help though I do pray you don't ever need of that!

With regards to ejecting your mom from your place may measures rin ako for that but for now let's resort to something less "otherworldly."  Though her forcing you to have an abortion makes me think that is reason enough to do something really bad to her.

Some have commented na you should've fought back when you were forced to abort your child.  They are partly correct.  However, yun situation mo then were set in conditions that favor more your evil mom - sorry for calling her that.  Not unless one has a very strong character wherein his or her will can dominate even the traditions or conditions of the place - which is very rare - ay I can understand why that happened despite your disagreement to it.

Question.  Others have asked that you seek expert help to remedy that.  Tama yun and you should avail of that.  The other which you should've done long ago to come at peace is to confess it through the sacrament of confession.  May karmic repercussions kasi yun.

True rin na sabi ng iba na malamang galing sa dysfunctional family or what yan mom mo.  If that is not so ay may something in her that made her so want to control all those she has around her. 

Ang mabigat nito she has one ace up her sleeves to use against sa inyo ng husband mo - the abortion.  Kaya your actions sa present must incorporate that knowledge.  I have no idea how that news will be taken by your husband.  Pwedeng magwala siya or iwan ka.  Definitely of the extreme ang labas.  But it is a path that must be taken before any other measure can be effectively made.  And that secret is eating you like cancer - kaya unahin mo na ito sa confession.

As you are working on that ay pag-isipan rin ninyo how to kick out your mom off your place.  As long as hindi sa kanya nakapangalan yun kahit regalo pa niya sa inyo you have all the right to drag her out.  I can give you pointers to determine sino pa ba ang loyal sa iyo na househelp but sa future na yun (and OT na here kasi). 

Sigh, your case is roughly like a friend's wherein aunt naman gusto i-manipulate mga buhay ng mga nieces niya to the point of wrecking it.  Ha ha, total joke yan sa abroad may better pastures always. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 10:29:51 am by CityHunter »

angelzero

  • Guest
such a sad story. sis carlijn, sorry to say but your mom is the devil. something's definitely wrong with her. she doesn't see you as her daughter but someone or something na "mapapakinabangan." our parents send us to school so we can make a life for ourselves, not for them. if she thinks you owe her too much just cuz she sent you to graduate school, she's sadly mistaken. and that you have to go abroad so you can meet a rich husband, so she can also benefit off of it. i say, just cut all ties. it may be hard at first but you'll get used to it. you don't need her. you have your husband, whom i commend for being tough through all the sh*t. and just think of your kids. imagine if she also becomes a horrible grandma to them once they grow up. it's very possible. so for once, ipaglaban mo sarili mo and your family. hindi pa huli ang lahat. it's your life after all. i wish you good luck. i hope you can get through this.

mslcgrey

  • Guest
sis carljin, as our other sisses here have advised, the best thing you can do is stay away from your mom. obviously, she doesn't treat you as a daughter but as a property or commodity na dapat mapakinabangan niya. if it is your house she is staying at, then kindly ask her to leave. siguro mag-sama ka ng mga relatives to help you na paalisin siya.

tama rin si sis cityhunter, may pwede siyang ipang-blackmail sa iyo. so siguro pag-isipan mo na rin na aminin sa husband mo what really happened to your first baby. pareho kayong mabait but minsan hindi rin maganda ang masyadong mabait especially kapag ganyan na ang situation.

pray for her na lang na dumating ang time na marealize niya what she had done. prayers can do miracles but if not at least you did your best to understand her and pray for her pero you should not let her control your lives.

aquacharly

  • Guest


Your mom ay not be crazy; but her character is very  warped.

Enough is enough.  It is time you make a stand -- turn your back on her.  IMO, you should cut ties with her totally until she makes the first move to mend fences & behave.  Oras na ipakita mo sa kanya masyado na suang bastos and unreasonable. 

Your primary obligation is to your husband and children now. 
I don't think you should spend your time pandering to her & her warped collection program. If she says lugi sya sa yo, iba makikinabang -- well tell her, not all investments guarantee payback or profits.

Stop thinking of ways how you or anyone can make her realuze and change her masamang ugali.
People change only when they themselves  want to, not a minute sooner. 

What you should focus on is how to isolate yourself from her.  Maintaining a relationship with her is extremely toxic. So leave in The Past  what no longer works.  That is how we make Beautiful Lives for ourselves:  exclude/minimize exposure to  those people who do not uplift you, or do not bring out the
best in you. 

Darling, it is time -- overdue na nga --  use your backbone to defend your husband and kids.

If I were in your shoes, Doblehin ko Prayers  of Protection for my own family kasi susko! my mom is soooo aswang!  Hehe. 

PM me if you need someone competent & non-judgmental to talk with.
Teka, that's not me (am not qualified), and I have no financial gain from that.
No, it will not cost you. :).




aquacharly

  • Guest
Another thing, with regards  to your secret abortion  -- if I were in your shoes --  It is just 1 of those secrets you bring to the grave with you.  Sige, confess to a priest if you feel you need to do so. But IMO, never never to your hubby.

If your mom reveals it -- deny it. Your word against hers.
Eh for sure people can observe her bad traits -- intrigera, bungagera, lacks goodwill towards your hubby, controlling, mukhang pera, macuenta, b1tchy, mean to you,  etc --  so paniniwalaan ka din ng hubby mo and other people.

Not  that you will be dishonest to your hubby, but what's the point at this point in time???
 It's done, it's history. Why add another issue pa? 

Actually, History repeats itself until The Lesson is learned. To this day you feel betrayed & you can't forgive yourslf for allowing her to railroad you into that abortion.  Noon, you let her lead you by the neck, lije a lamb o slaughter. 
IF you did not learn The Lesson there -- she will bring you to similar siruations again & again & again -- that  you will regret deeply again and again  and again.  tama na, sobra na.

carlijn

  • Guest
@molybdenumstudiost

Yes my mother came from a very dysfunctional family… her parents abandoned her when she was just a baby… she grew up with relatives whom she says also hurt her physically… her mother remarried despite the legal separation and she was never introduced to her stepfather and half siblings until years after my grandmother’s second husband died… as for her dad… I have tried doing some research to find out where he is hoping that I would be able to talk to him and ask him what happened between him and my grandmother and why they abandoned my mom.  My mom said she is no longer interested in finding him, but I am… however I don’t think his current family is willing to let me talk to him… I once was able to locate his number and tried calling but they always say he’s not at home…

Anyway, my mother was able to finish college on her own… she and my dad married in their teens and had me in their 20s… from the beginning she never got along with her in laws that is why she chose to isolate me from them…kaya hindi ako close sa kanila..  she would always nag at aawayin nya dad ko everytime my relatives would attempt to contact him… she claims galit sha sa kanila because my grandfather wanted me aborted daw at that time and she never forgave them.  As I was growing up she would always belittle my dad’s relatives, and even him…  that she could have done better,… but my dad really loved her and still stayed with us.. pinagpasensyahan nya mom ko… in fact feeling ko nga under nya ang dad ko.  When I was growing up, everytime my mom is upset with me, she would always say to me that I take after my dad’s side, tell me im stupid or ugly…  she was always so strict with me, most of the times, I did not understand her, but I tried to be a good daughter… I loved her pero sobra ang takot ko sa kanya….

When I was in college I was a scholar… bahay school lang ang buhay ko. But even then parang kulang pa rin ginagawa ko, lahat naman ng gusto nya sinusunod ko kahit hindi na ko masaya… just to let her feel, I am there for her and I will not abandon her like what her parents did dahil yun ang lagi nya pinamumuka sakin na kami lang daw magdadamayan sa mundo dahil wala daw kwenta relatives nya.   My dad died before reaching 40 yrs old due to car crash…  3 years after his death,  my mom got married to foreigner number 1… but even before she remarried, she dated several guys one after the other… hinayaan ko lang sha, inintindi ko na maybe she wants companionship and gusto ko din may makasama sha pagtanda nya dahil hindi naman pwede forever kami lang 2 saka para medyo mawala sa akin attention nya dahil nasasakal na ko.  They got a divorce 5 years later… but even during the process of the divorce she would already date other men. .. now she is again married to foreigner number 2…

It was during the time that I was  in my post grad studies that and I met my bf now my husband.. dun ko lang naenjoy ang buhay ko, maranasan yung mga labas labas at gimik gimik.. late bloomer kung baga.  I do not know why I let her control me for this long… all I know is lumaki ako na sobra talaga ang takot ko sa kanya, because everytime I would disappoint her she would threaten to disown or abandon me… knowing I had no dad anymore,nor was I close to my relatives dahil inilayo nya ako, I did not want to feel alone… I felt so isolated and trapped, wala ako siblings…  Marami na instances as I was growing up that I wanted to commit suicide…

carlijn

  • Guest
@erin1992

Nung time na inamin ko na buntis ako, I thought she understood, na she wanted to take care of me kaya nya ko pinasunod abroad… akala ko natanggap nya ang sitwasyon ko dahil sabi nya mas maganda pagusapan namin in person… nung umalis ako ng Philippines, I had no money, I had no savings, I had no financial means to support myself kahit nga pamasahe pabalik ng pinas wala dahil I had a one way ticket… if I knew what she was planning, hindi sana ako umalis…

carlijn

  • Guest
@quinone and @freelancer_babe

Yung family counselor that I was hoping to get is dahil kelangan naming lahat ng outside intervention, not just for my husband and me pero para din sa mom ko because I cannot rely on relatives because biased sila masyado… they insist na kami ang umintindi dahil magulang pa rin daw yan na hindi ako mabubuhay sa mundo kung hindi dahil sa kanya… hanggang dulo naman ginawa naming ng husband ko ang pagintindi sa kanya… oo andun na ako binuhay ako ng parents ko, pero hindi ko naman ginusto buhayin ako eh, para singilin lang in the end…dahil pakiramdam ko parang investment ako na binuhay sa mundo para sa bandang huli eh may interes na papakinabangan…. napakasakit marinig sa isang magulang paulit ulit na wala akong utang na loob na after paaralin at lahat eh hindi ko sha mapasaya at hindi ko maibalik lahat ng binigay nya dahil ayoko na sumunod sa mga gusto nya.  Magulang na rin ako and I understand her sacrifices,marami pa ako hindi alam sa mundo kaya nga willing ako matuto, pero I believe that my kids should never have to hear from my husband and me na utang na loob nila samin na binuhay at pinalaki namin sila at pinagaral … dahil yun ang responsibilidad namin bilang magulang.  Dahil kung ang point ng mom ko is kelangan ko muna pagbayaran lahat ng ibinigay nya eh di sana hindi na nya ko pinagaral at mas ok pa siguro na pinabayaan nya ko ng sa ganun wala sha masisingil sa akin.  Hanggang dulo I never wanted my relationship with her to turn out like this… dahil everytime nakakakita ako ng palabas sa tv on children abandoning their old parents, dumudugo ang puso ko, kaya kahit ang dami nya nagawa sa akin na masakit, nang nag-asawa ako ayoko mafeel nya na inabandona ko sha, kaya sa amin ko sha pinatutuloy pagumuuwi ng Pilipinas.

Kilala ng relatives ko how stubborn and strong willed ang mom ko and will not bend down to anyone, baka sakali lang na kapag ibang tao na ang nagsalita sa kanya eh matauhan sha.
Siguro nga I did not have a backbone to fight … hindi ko maintindihan din baket ganun kalaki ang takot ko sa kanya, dahil never talaga ako lumaban  at sumuway sa magulang… kahit binubugbog nya ko tinanggap ko lang dahil inintindi ko pa rin na marami sha hinanakit sa mundo at ako ang nagging taga-salo or shock absorber nya …. I guess it was only after I lost my baby na sobrang wake up call sa akin that she would  go to all length to control me… kaya I got married without her knowledge.
When I got married, I did not let her do what she want dahil kami pa rin nagdedecide sa bahay  ng husband ko, bukod lang dun sa hinahayaan namin sha sa mga side comments nya para wala sha masabi .. pero minsan sinasabihan ko din sha na tumigil sha… kaya nga mainit na dugo nya sa husband ko is dahil mula daw ng mag-asawa ako eh hindi na ako tulad ng dati… kaya nga I stood by my husband’s decision na kami ang umalis muna sa bahay kahit kami ang nagrerent sa house dahil  hindi ko hahayaan na sirain ng mom ko ang family na binubuo ko.  Kahit papano nasa katinuan pa rin kami ng pagiisip na hindi sha ang pinalayas namin kahit pwede naming gawin… I’m just thankful that despite it all ay tanggap at mahal ako ng asawa ko. 

AS for my growing family, yes she is probably concerned, pero ano gusto nya gawin ko ipaalis tong dinadala ko? Paglumabas ba to sasabihin ko sa kanya na ang tingin sa kanya ng lola nya eh pabigat.  More than anything she is upset na buntis ako dahil hindi matutuloy yung plans nya that I would go abroad this year to join them.  Kasi nga madami pa daw sha plans for me.  Nagpaplano na naman sha ng buhay ko nang hindi ako kinokonsulta.  Eh gusto nga nya maghiwalay kami ng asawa ko dahil meron pa raw sha pwede ipakilala na mas better na willing tanggapin ako at mga anak ko.  Hello naman diba…

As for your question dun sa abortion clinic, it was one of the most painful and confusing times in my life, hindi ko alam pano sasagutin kung baket nga ba hindi ako nageskandalo… sa totoo lang sobrang tulala ako nun, madami ako tanong sa sarili ko… na baket kaya ng nanay ko na ipa-undergo ako sa ganun,  na hindi ba nya naisip yung effect sa akin especially afterwards….  I will forever regret and feel the pain of what transpired that day, hanggang ngayon hindi ko pa rin kaya patawarin ang sarili ko baket ko hinayaan mangyari yun.  I have sought counseling  from a nun and confession to a priest for this … kahit sinabi pa sakin na kelangan ko patawarin sarili ko eh hindi ko magawa.  There is no excuse for my weakness.

CityHunter

  • Guest
Hi muli, carlijn :)

Noted.  Grabe pala rin ang life ng mom mo then but she did not use that to create a better future for her family.  I had a friend (RIP) na itinakwil rin ng father niya, guy ito, who worked hard to put himself sa school and siya lang nakapagtapos but instead of having spite for his father ay siya pa ang nag-assist sa kanya and siblings to the end.  He got murdered at his home nga lang mga 2 or 3 years na.

Correct then ako to note that you were forced to circumstances beyond your capabilities kaya natuloy yun abortion.  Mga sis, do note it was in a foreign land.  Kahit you are one loaded with dinero ay not unless you can effect your own will to dominate theirs ay pressure will be there and be very difficult to overcome.

Actually, was thinking of suggesting what sis aquacharly suggested - to simply take to your grave that secret.  But, per experience no secret is left kept secret forever kasi.  Well, I leave it to your best decision on what path to take.

carlijn

  • Guest
@ moonie

Kami ang nagrerent sa house ni hubby, out of the 3 kasambahays, pinalayas na nga rin naming yung isang chismosa, [textspeak!] isa nasa amin, yung isa nasa mom ko bago lang kasi yun at sha ang kumuha nun kaya I don’t expect her loyalty.  I have already talked to some relatives… lalo na sa dad side ko, ako na mismo lumapit sa kanila to confirm yung mga negative issues nila ng mom ko…  sa kanila daw wala naman na at kinalimutan na nila, mom ko lang daw talaga matigas.

I have also confronted my grandmother thru email who is also abroad regarding sa ugali  ng mom ko at mga ginagawa sa amin ng husband ko, actually medyo may kasamang paninisi nga mga sinabi ko eh… hindi rin naman nya masagot mga tanong ko because she cannot justify what she did either… anyway uuwi daw sha ng Pilipinas so we can all talk.

We have not returned to our house yet because my mom hasn’t left yet.  Have not yet talked to her either. I do not know whether I should talk to her personally (pero with a third party na alam ang istorya para lang hindi sha makapag eskandalo)or over the phone ko lang ba kakausapin.  Ewan ko wala pa ako ginagawa na step dahil nagiisip pa ako… as for my mom ewan ko lang kung may ginawa na naming eskandalo sa lugar naming para sirain name ng husband ko.  Nakakahiya na nga eh.  Minsan nga naiisip ko tumawag kaya ako sa Mental.

carlijn

  • Guest
Thank you to all the replies, I do not expect everybody to understand why ko hinayaan na gawin sakin ng mom ko mga ginawa nya dahil even I myself hindi ko maintindihan baket ganun ang hold nya sa akin. I have multiple times sought counseling regarding sa pagkawala ng baby ko…unfortunately, it is still really eating me up… and now na-refresh na naman lahat ng memories.  Madaming beses ko na inisip if I would tell my husband the truth pero hindi ko talaga kaya… it is enough na hindi ko mapatawad ang sarili ko till now… baka hindi ko kayanin kapag si hubby na ang hindi ako mapatawad baka ano magawa ko sa sarili ko.

Yes tama naman po kayo that I will not and should not let her destroy the family I am building.  Yung misery naman ng buhay nya choice nya yun eh… she could choose to let go of all her negative issues and confront the people involved na mga nakasakit sa life nya before pero ayaw nya kaya hindi sha maka-move on.  Kaya ayoko na tularan ang path na tinake nya because hindi talaga healthy.  I grew up in an environment na kaliwa’t kanang hinanakit ang naririnig ko sa kanya.  Ayoko na ganun din kalakihan ng mga anak ko.  Time will tell na lang siguro if pwede kami magsama sa isang bubong uli pero sa ngayon kelangan talaga naming lumayo.

 Kami ng husband ko willing naman magpatawad at aminin mga mali namin, sana lang mom ko din.  Hindi naman kami perpekto eh pero at least we are trying to handle things maturely dahil kung siraulo din kami pwede naming pinadlock yung house diba kapag umaalis sha at iniwan sa labas ng gate mga things nya pero hindi naming ginagawa kasi hindi pa kami nasisiraan ng bait.
Sa ngayon I am wishing na lang na umalis na sha.  Yung husband nya ngayon I have not told him yet of the whole story although nag email na ako ng gist ng gulo namin.  Nagpipigil pa ako kahit papano na sirain ang mom ko dahil hindi nya kilala ng buo ang mom ko dahil baka magulat sha  if I reveal everything.  I just hope my mom would not push me to the edge na aabot ako sa puntong ilabas ko lahat ng secret nya sa husband nya at friends nya if she does something to really harm my family.  I do not know how her new husband would take it at baka mauwi pa sa hiwalayan na naman.
Sa totoo lang I feel so embarrassed narrating my dilemma, but I don’t know what to do na rin kasi sobrang stressed nako naapektuhan na pregnancy ko.   

molybdenumstudios

  • Guest
Sis carlijn, it's okay. We GIRLTalkers are very willing to help you. Yes, super agree ako that your mother chose to live her life holding grudges against the past. I mean, those things are eating her conscience, which is a very deadly disease. Kung ako ang ganyan, I would rather motivate myself to do the better things, and not let them experience a miserable life. That's what I was thinking if I were going to be a parent: To be supportive to your kids. That's it. And kung ano ang wishes ko for them, that would not be as coercive as what dictators usually do. (;

Another thing, hindi ka naman talaga nag-iisa, eh. I have a friend whose older siblings are even more dictator than their mom -- actually it seems that her two siblings impose "rules" to her para mag-behave raw siya. Well, she wished to go back to the Middle East because she feels more "at home" there. Eh, kasi when you're ina-under ng mga "feelingeros" diyan, you'll never be happy. Trust me.

thebratinella

  • Guest
Move to another place. Don't contact your mom. Don't force her to change because you can't. Sorry but she's a terrible person. You have a family to nurture. You wasted your life being controlled by her so move on. Ayaw niya magbago so why waste your time trying to make peace with her di ba? Hindi puwede pilitin ang ayaw. Pabayaan mo siya with her husband. Just be prepared to fight back pag biglang sumulpot one day. She's a threat. Scary. She has no qualms of destroying you so keep your distance. Don't believe your relatives if they tell you na magpakumbaba kasi matanda mom mo. Hindi naman buhay nila nasisira eh. Don't be scared. You're not alone. You have your husband and kids. Don't kill yourself because of your mom. Can you imagine if wala ka and she takes over your kids' lives? Baka isipin niya whatever you weren't able to do, kids mo babawi. Be strong, sis.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close