Author Topic: Bs tourism course and cost  (Read 11654 times)

Len143

• My Little AnGeL~!
  • Junior GirlTalker
    • Len Tc Store Beauty Products
Bs tourism course and cost
« on: April 16, 2013, 12:08:59 pm »
Actually, not for my little kid. Balak kasing mag bs tourism kapatid ko kasi gusto niyang maging flight attendant. pero may mga nagsasabi na sobrang magastos at mahal. baka kasi pag nagtourism siya pagdating 3rd level hindi ko na maafford kasi maraming tour daw..  Pashare naman sa mga kumuha ng tourism course. thanks

(hindi ko alan kung dito dapat ipost ito and kung may topic na nito pashare nalang po. thanks )

binggay

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Career-woman, devout wife, and supermom!
Re: Bs tourism course and cost
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 01:40:30 pm »
It will depend on the school, you have to find out how much they charge per unit kasi.

BS Tourism grad ako from UP Diliman. Wala ni isa ata sa mga kaklase ko ang naging flight attendant. Kasi kung tama pagkakaintindi ko, medyo iba ang tourism sa UP compared to other schools. Ours was primarily a business course. Puro management classes. Yes, there were tours, pero most of it local. And it wasn't that often.

Sa ibang school yata yung maraming tours na yan pag tourism ang course. Better if you specify what schools you are eyeing.

jjqxiv

• GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 03:36:42 pm »
Yes sis, it depends on the school. I'm a BS Tourism graduate too from St. Scho Manila. Most of my classmates/batch mates became flight attendants, except for me.

I have a niece who just graduated BS Tourism in PATTS ParaƱaque, her tuition fee was around 30-40K (kami ni hubby nagpa-aral sa kanya) depende sa unit nga. During her 1st and 2nd years, local lang yung tours nila (the first was in Ilocos then Cebu-Bohol). Nung third year sya medyo mabigat although local pa din naman yung tour nya (Ilocos-Guimaras) pero nag-OJT na sya nun sa NAIA. Then during her last year, Singapore-Malaysia sya. Their out-of-town tours wasn't that often, mas marami yung dito lang sa Metro Manila. Now she's applying in Magsaysay for experience lang, when she turns 21, she will try to apply in Emirates Airlines. Hope this one helps. :)
"And if your deepest compulsions and instincts tell you that you're meant to be with that person, you should let go, wait and see how life takes you there."

billy

• billy's got a gun but she's a good girl and a
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 03:46:34 pm »
Hi sis, my daughter will be on her fourth year next SY, she's taking up BS Travel Management (formerly Tourism)
at UST. Her tuition is around 60k per sem. 2nd year, they have a local tour (Cebu/Bohol - I forgot how much), a tour guiding exam
(Metro Manila) and just last Feb, international tour - Korea (almost 70k excluding pocket money and winter clothes).

As for their graduates, meron ding airline staff, airport management staff, flight attendants and yes, beauty queens :)
But because it's an improved tourism course, some ended up in travel agencies (not just employees but owners, at that),
hotels, resorts (they also have HRM subjects), events management companies.

others: mahal ang books in French and German (but later on, they can sell it sa lowerclass, kasi hindi na nila gagamitin), may Event Mgt Class sila wherein they have to shell out 15k-20k each to fund their event (which they can recover kasi they will sell tickets and get sponsors), mahal ang uniform (UST has an accredited uniform supplier, iba kasi ang college blouse nila, hindi pwedeng kopyahin, exclusive ang tela sa UST), but the vest, scarf and skirt, pwedeng sa labas ipagawa
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 03:50:24 pm by billy »
don't feed the troll!

Len143

• My Little AnGeL~!
  • Junior GirlTalker
    • Len Tc Store Beauty Products
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 04:33:20 pm »
Thanks  mga sis.

BodenEzra

• Probationary
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 04:20:46 pm »
This bs tourism course looks quite interesting, and I want to join this course soon. I wonder if my mates who write cheap essays online reviews can join this course, as will. If you can help me know about this, I would be thankful.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close