watch now

Author Topic: US TV: Spartacus Thread 2  (Read 9671 times)

mishmish

  • Guest
US TV: Spartacus Thread 2
« on: April 15, 2013, 02:30:34 pm »
Link to previous thread: http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,244700.0.html

Let us continue our discussion here, for those who are still watching, and re-watching this breathtaking TV series. And for those who haven't watched, I highly recommend this show. This series is just so close to the heart.

I hope it's ok with the admin. Gratitude.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 03:54:25 pm by mishmish »

heavensent

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Spartacus Thread 2
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 02:41:20 pm »
i feel the same way, sa series lang na to ako sobrang na attach sa mga characters, i feel so close to them, i love them so much.

i will surely watch this again, i recommend this to everyone kaso yung iba masyadong di makaget over sa mga s*x scenes and sa gore

cheezecake

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Spartacus Thread 2
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 03:02:32 pm »
ako din super na-inlove ako dito sa Spartacus though i only watched this for a week.  ;D two thumbs up talaga!

mishmish

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Spartacus Thread 2
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 03:10:02 pm »
^^ Ako din... Iba talaga ang impact ng show na ito sakin. You really need to have strong guts to stomach the gore which this show offers. This is the only series na hindi ka mao-offend sa mga cussing nila ;D

This show is quite underrated, don't know if that's the right term, kasi siguro dahil sa explicit scenes/gore/coarse language, pero really, Spartacus deserves a standing ovation or an Oscar award. The actors are just superb and brilliant. The storyline is just amazing.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 03:12:20 pm by mishmish »

mishmish

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Spartacus Thread 2
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 03:21:19 pm »
I was a bit disppointed na walang confession of undying love sila Sparlaeta haha, but well, it's just me. I just love their chemistry. But at least they found comfort and care for each other...

mishmish

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Spartacus Thread 2
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 03:37:38 pm »

OT: Starz have a new show "Da Vinci's Demon" maganda ang reviews, will try to watch it.

Hubby and I tried to watch this right after the Spartacus finale, but I just couldn't absorb the story. Maganda daw ang review? Sa FB page ni Spartacus, people are bashing the new show :-\ I'm still mourning the deaths of my comrades, thus wearing black clothes yesterday and today. I'll try to watch Da Vinci's demons when I am myself again. Maga kaya ang mata ko, natatawa na nga lang si hubby sakin, grabe daw ako :P

heavensent

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Spartacus Thread 2
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 03:45:00 pm »
^I decided to watch it alone kasi alam ko na iiyak ako ng sobra, haha..

di ko pa din pinapanood Da Vinci's Demon cause I'm sure na di pa ko prepared.

can't move on..

cookerbel

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Spartacus Thread 2
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 05:58:57 pm »
Ako I love gory scenes (kaya I love Final destination movies kahit mababaw haha) and Spartacus satisfies my love for gore, doesn't bother me a bit. Anyhoo, para naman to keep it going, some poll, questions:

Favorite  Character: Gannicus and Andy Spartacus
Best action scene/s: I am still undecided, I loved that last scene of Blood and Sand 'Kill 'em All' and also the last action scene of Wrath of the Gods S04E10 - Victory.
Hottest man: Gannicus
Hottest chic: Illythia when naked, I find her the sexiest iba ang 'curves' nitong babaeng ito grabe oozing with sex appeal, But most beautiful face for me is Sybil(Gannicus' shadow   :))
Greatest Villain: Ashur hehe (I forgot how bad Glaber is, I need to rewatch S3 to see whether if it's Glaber or Crassus)
Best love/s3x scene: (Pwede ba tanong na'to dito?) Sa dami di ko alam hahaha! I liked Melitta and Gannicus' scene I don't know why and Spartacus and Illythia's too :)


What's yours?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 06:02:28 pm by cookerbel »

heavensent

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Spartacus Thread 2
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 06:24:35 pm »
^sis, same tayo ng answers.. haha..

Favorite  Character: Gannicus and Spartacus
Best action scene/s: sa dami ng action scenes super dami din ng fave ko
Hottest man: Gannicus
Hottest chic: Illythia and Sybil
Greatest Villain: definitely Ashur
Best love/s3x scene: I love Melitta and Gannicus' scene too

mishmish

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Spartacus Thread 2
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 07:23:40 pm »
Favorite  Character:
Spartacus (Liam and Andy), Gannicus, Laeta

Best action scene/s: There are a lot. I love Shadow Games, where Spartacus and Crixus defeated Theokoles. Kill Them All -- epic for me yung armor tapping ni Crixus before Spartacus flies up in the air. I love Vengeance episode 5 I think, when Spartacus and the rebels took down the arena whew it really was mind blowing. WOTD Mors indecepta - Spartacus and Crixus had a one on one fight, where the latter hit the former with a cup. WOTD Victory.

Hottest man:
Spartacus (Liam and Andy) and Gannicus

Hottest chic:
Illythia, Laeta, Saxa

Greatest Villain:
Ashur

Best love/s3x scene: Spartacus and Illythia, Gannicus and Mellita,  Spartacus and Laeta since I love, love these two (my only complain was, it was too short and too fast)

« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 07:26:06 pm by mishmish »

heavensent

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Spartacus Thread 2
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 07:28:08 pm »
^kaya nga eh too short yung love scene ni Laeta and Spartacus

mishmish

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Spartacus Thread 2
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 08:09:40 pm »
^ Yeah, kasi wala kasing love na involve, since Spartacus couldn't give his heart, and Laeta wasn't after it, so... oh well... Siguro kung slow-mo yung love scene, ang romantic siguro ng dating :P

Pero natuwa pa rin ako na kahit walang love between them, nakikita ko na may affection sila for each other.

heavensent

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Spartacus Thread 2
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 08:39:29 pm »
^^ Ako din... Iba talaga ang impact ng show na ito sakin. You really need to have strong guts to stomach the gore which this show offers. This is the only series na hindi ka mao-offend sa mga cussing nila ;D

This show is quite underrated, don't know if that's the right term, kasi siguro dahil sa explicit scenes/gore/coarse language, pero really, Spartacus deserves a standing ovation or an Oscar award. The actors are just superb and brilliant. The storyline is just amazing.

they truly deserve an award, never mind the gore, the s*x scenes and the cussing

the emotions are so real, imposibleng hindi ka maiiyak, even guys admitted that they cried a lot..

mishmish

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Spartacus Thread 2
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 08:42:53 pm »
^ True, nababasa ko sa FB kahit mga tough guys napapaiyak.

Rebels, How about your most heartbreaking scene/s?
- There are too many to count. Varro's death, Mira's death, Crixus' death, Tribute for crixus, Mellita's death, Spartacus' speech before the final battle -- naiyak ako sa mga non-fighters na nag-gratitude kay Spartacus. and of course Ganny and Sparty's death :'(

@ Sis cookerbel, for me lang ha, between Glaber and Crassus, mas bad for me si Glaber. Ambisyoso masyado itong si Glaber eh, madaming sneaky tactics, unlike Crassus. Actually sa lahat ng villain, si Crassus yung pinaka-hindi evil, kung tutuusin medyo likeable pa nga siya eh. Hmp, yun nga lang, tinalo pa niya si Sparty pagdating sa love scenes :P

heavensent

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Spartacus Thread 2
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 09:41:18 pm »
^same as yours sis, yan din ang mga heartbreaking moments na di ko makalimutan, yung death ni Varro as in grabe ang iniyak ko dun..

sobrang daming sad moments talaga pero yung death ni Gannicus at Spartacus ang pinaka masakit sa lahat :'(

I also agree about Glaber..

and sis sa love scenes talaga natalo si Spartacus ah.. haha..

_gigles_

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Spartacus Thread 2
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 10:03:36 pm »
Best Series ever!!! There is still so many storyline that can be explored, sayang talaga. :(

Sakit sa dibdib watching the finale.

mishmish

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Spartacus Thread 2
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 10:16:51 pm »
^^ LOL! Oo sis, ang daming love scenes si Crassus/Kore eh, samantalang si Sparty 1 love scene lang sa whole season 3, tapos ang bilis bilis pa :-\

How about the most gruesome scene/s?
-- Ayoko yung napatay si Seppia, tapos si Glaber and Illithyia, were making out beside the corpse, can't remember exactly the scene kung katabi nga ba o nalubog sa pool, basta puro blood talaga.
-- Nung na-cs ng di oras si Illithyia..

heavensent

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Spartacus Thread 2
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2013, 10:24:31 pm »
^I think nakalubog sa parang tub yata yun

super dami ng gory scenes lalo na nung nasa arena pa sila..

mishmish

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Spartacus Thread 2
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2013, 10:29:20 pm »
^ Ay oo, yung mga arena scenes, tsaka yung mga natatapyasan ng mukha, o kaya mga nade-decapitate.

^^^ I always feel the 3rd season was a bit rushed. Sana man lang ginawa nilang 13 episodes just like Blood and Sand. O kaya one more season, but alas it was not so...

lovehatemanila

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Spartacus Thread 2
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2013, 01:58:03 am »
At talagang may final sex scene si Gannicus, haha.  So befitting.   ;D

Eto, naiiyak pa rin sa finale. Sana hindi nalang ipinakita na namatay si Spartacus.   Yung mala-mystery nalang.  And sana na-butt rape din yan si Crassus ni Pompy.  :'(

At naiyak ako kay Saxa and her final words.   :'(

At mas naiyak ako kay Gannicus at kay Doctore pero napa-smile din sa last images nya, nasa arena pa rin sya and bet ng mga tao.  I think talaga, sya ang tunay na God of the Arena.  Sobrang enjoy sya sa arena and sa mga battle.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close