watch now

Author Topic: Sample Room: Try Before You Buy  (Read 30440 times)

megumiii

  • Guest
Re: Sample Room: Try Before You Buy
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2013, 07:42:41 pm »
Finally registered to Sample Room! Big thanks to sis @px17 for introducing this! :)

What made me join Sample Room is that I get to test out beauty products in sample sizes first before buying the items in full price. You are initially given 100 points for signing up, which you can use to buy samples of your choice. Upon check-out, only have to pay P100 for the door-to-door shipping. Plus, submit a review about the product and if it's been approved, you get back the points, and from there, you can use it to sample more products. Sweet, right? :)

Anyway, my first purchase is Céleteque Hydration Hydrolyzed Moisturizing Mist 120mL (full-sized). Original price is P349, but since I'll be getting it from Sample Room, I only shelled out 65 points (from my 100 initial sign-up points). I was really hoping I could get to try Cure Natural Aqua Gel, but unfortunately, most of the products are already Out-of-Stock, and Céleteque Hydration Hydrolyzed Moisturizing Mist seems to be the only available skin care product and one I'm willing to splurge my points on. Anyway, paid for the shipping fee via PayPal. Can't wait to receive and road test the product! :)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 10:51:40 am by megumiii »

kho_leen

  • Guest
Re: Sample Room: Try Before You Buy
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2013, 09:09:40 pm »
Same here.  I got the celeteque mist.  Full size pa yun. Happy with the results. :)

Tinitipid ko rin points ko. hehe.

They email naman when they have new items then paunahan uli.

Sayang. Di ko naabutan before ang shu uemura cleansing oil or the benetint.

toocrazy

  • Guest
Re: Sample Room: Try Before You Buy
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2013, 09:39:56 pm »
I was able to sample Benefit Porefessional and Shu Cleansing Oil. I love Sample Room!

zoeymaicaboo

  • Guest
Re: Sample Room: Try Before You Buy
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2013, 09:46:29 pm »
i've recently tried sampleroom :)  I got the celeteque after-sun gel since I already use a lot of other Celeteque products.  I do love the product and it works well on my skin.  But I noticed that the bottle they sent me was manufactured 2 years ago and the expiry date is in 3 months :( Just wanted to get feedback from fellow GT sisters - Have you checked the expiry dates on the items you got from sampleroom?
makes me think kasi na maybe these are just products that they want to get rid of because its going to expire na.

px17

  • Guest
Re: Sample Room: Try Before You Buy
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2013, 12:12:39 am »
^napacheck tuloy ako sis. The hydration mist that I got 2 weeks ago will exp on 12/2013. Ang bilis lang pala. Hindi pwedeng itabi.

Dapat magavail ako nyang sun gel kaya lang nung triny ko sa mall hindi ko type consistency at amoy mas okay sakin ang shisheido sun gel.

tylerdurden

  • Guest
Re: Sample Room: Try Before You Buy
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2013, 10:30:04 am »
^^ ako din napacheck. I don't have the Celeteque mist though. The Nivea products I got are all recently manufactured naman.

megumiii

  • Guest
Re: Sample Room: Try Before You Buy
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2013, 04:06:31 pm »
Got an email from Sample Room regarding my order. Seems like they already shipped it via Xend Express this morning. Super excited! Hopefully, I'll be receiving the package tomorrow. :)

zoeymaicaboo

  • Guest
Re: Sample Room: Try Before You Buy
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2013, 04:56:12 pm »
^^that's good to know sis tyler. i guess it depends on the brand lang.   judging from what sis px17 said,  the Celeteque products seem to be the ones with the nearest expiration dates. 

^^^off topic: sis px17, gel based din ba ang shisheido sun gel? how's the scent? :)
the reason why i like the celeteque gel is because i don't like the traditional lotion/moisturizer formulation. and i often use facial moisturizers as body lotion since they tend to be less greasy and gets absorbed by the skin quickly. but i'm always on the lookout for a good lotion/moisturizer :)

anyways, back to sampleroom - i do hope they come up with nicer products next month though.  i agree with sis sakura na medyo "blah" yung current selection nila, hehe. and when kaya ma implement yung option to buy points?

px17

  • Guest
Re: Sample Room: Try Before You Buy
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2013, 05:08:27 pm »
^yes sis its gel type din. fragrance free siya wala kasi ako maamoy. Ewan ko kung ako lang pero yung celeteque sun gel kasi parang malangkit langkit feel ko e after application. with shisheido ang light nung gel tas absorbed agad.

Hindi ko nga type yung selection nila ngayon. Baka wala pa sila sponsors. hehe at di nakakatuwa yung pwede bumilii ng points parang hindi na siya "try before you buy"

megumiii

  • Guest
Re: Sample Room: Try Before You Buy
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2013, 03:55:16 pm »
Finally received my package from Sample Room - Céleteque Hydration Hydrolyzed Moisturizing Mist 120mL (that's the full size)! Checked the expiry date - I still have until December to fully consume this product, but hopefully I can finish this before the deadline. Planning to give this a go after my shower tonight. Can't wait! :)

@kho_leen Sis, you also got the same product, right? How do you use it? I'm kinda hesitant to spray it directly on my face. Actually, I don't know specifically where to spray it on.

username.taken

  • Guest
Re: Sample Room: Try Before You Buy
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2013, 03:59:08 pm »
tagal mag-approve ng Sample Room sa mga pending reviews ko. lol.

sakura_bloom

  • Guest
Re: Sample Room: Try Before You Buy
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2013, 09:54:52 pm »
^talaga. weird. yung akin kasi approved agad. I think kapag ka hindi masyado maganda yung reviews hindi agad yung approval..

kho_leen

  • Guest
Re: Sample Room: Try Before You Buy
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2013, 10:51:54 pm »
@megumii - sis, i spray on my left cheek, then right cheek and finally on the forehead then i spread the excess water.  Masakit sa eyes if diretso spray lang.  :)


babyface82

  • Guest
Re: Sample Room: Try Before You Buy
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2013, 11:24:13 pm »
wow naman...thanks sis px

now im curious..link naman please

thanks...

megumiii

  • Guest
Re: Sample Room: Try Before You Buy
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2013, 11:09:45 am »
Used Céleteque Hydration Hydrolyzed Moisturizing Mist yesterday after bath. Had a few problems with the pump, so I ended up doing 4 sprays on my face instead of the 1-2 sprays as indicated in the directions. Some of the fluid got into my eyes and caused a bit of stinging sensation, but quickly recovered anyway. I wiped my face with a towel (as per instructions again), then applied Belo Facial Sunblock SPF40.

Honestly, it's hard to appreciate the hydration that this product offers after taking a bath or washing the face because even without the mist, I still feel cool, fresh, and hydrated. And even if I suppose my skin would become dry at the end of the day, I would think of it as normal and attribute it to the hot weather. As for the softness, it's still too early to notice, but I think my face is soft to begin with anyway. I'll try using this in the evening as well when I'm not putting anything else on my face after washing. This is the first moisturizing product I ever used, by the way.

@babyface82 Sis, try back-reading. I believe the link has already been mentioned here. We have only reached 2 pages anyway. But here's the link for your benefit: http://sampleroom.ph/ :)

@kho_leen I wish I read your reply before using the product, cause I sprayed it directly on my face as per instructions, and I think a few went into my eyes and made it sting a bit. The atomizer isn't working very well; sometimes it sprays okay, sometimes liquid flows from the nozzle.  :(
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 11:12:12 am by megumiii »

vain_kixie

  • Guest
Re: Sample Room: Try Before You Buy
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2013, 12:30:18 pm »
puro naman oos yung items nila.

megumiii

  • Guest
Re: Sample Room: Try Before You Buy
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2013, 03:11:26 pm »
Checked their site last night and saw 3 Gluta-C products in stock. I hope they bring back Cure Natural Aqua Gel soon.

username.taken

  • Guest
Re: Sample Room: Try Before You Buy
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2013, 08:29:57 am »
^talaga. weird. yung akin kasi approved agad. I think kapag ka hindi masyado maganda yung reviews hindi agad yung approval..

really? weird din coz I gave Cure a very positive review. pero I gave the Pevonia scrub a negative one. lol. oh well, i already emailed them regarding the issue. pero if ever that's the case, wow ha. napaka biased naman nila. lol.

zoeymaicaboo

  • Guest
Re: Sample Room: Try Before You Buy
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2013, 01:15:59 pm »
^that's too bad sis  :( i hope technical glitch lang yun sis, and that they don't ostracize people who give valid negative feedbacks, as long as na follow ang guidelines nila.  i thought the main purpose for the site was to gather authentic product reviews and feedback from customers.  they won't be able to do that if they show preference to positive reviews

username.taken

  • Guest
Re: Sample Room: Try Before You Buy
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2013, 01:22:46 pm »
^ true, sis. i wish na hindi nga ganon ang system sa sample room. sana yung mga next samples nila mga high end naman. puro drugstore ngayon eh. lol.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close