watch now

Author Topic: Korea (Thread 8)  (Read 83149 times)

u8mypinkcookies

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #200 on: May 19, 2013, 01:23:11 pm »
^ enjoy sis!!!

kahapon gloomy ang weather tapos umulan mga 5pm. the past days mainit. malamig lang sa morning then maaraw na until late afternoon, pero yung init naman is mahangin pa rin di tulad na hot weather ng manila :)

nami-miss ko na agad :(

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #201 on: May 19, 2013, 10:54:48 pm »
^Nice to know ok ang Myeongdong Kyoja! I've been meaning to try that resto. I'll take my folks there on our next trip. So far, I'm planning on staying at Nine Tree in Myeongdong. My dad just has to renew his passport around August and after that, I'll be filing the visa applications for 3 out of our party of 4. My Australian aunt will be joining us so she doesn't need a Korean visa. 3 of them will be flying 5J and I'll be jetting in a bit earlier on PR. I found out recently that their flight had a schedule change (unannounced pa, I just noticed when I accessed their itinerary recently) due to the new A330 usage of 5J. I had to fix their seat assignments again.

My hubby and I took the bus to NSeoul Tower last Nov but I would like to know if taking the cable car is better for elderly persons who cannot walk far. I'm afraid my mother would be barely able to walk up the steep incline towards the tower if via bus or taxi. My mom is only 61 but a bit on the heavy side, thus, cannot walk far.

I am still on the process of researching places to visit since I now have to consider my parents' ages (my dad almost had a heart attack the last time he attempted to get to NSeoul Tower circa 2002) and places we haven't and have been to. At the top of my list now is Nami Island. Didn't prioritize this before since I don't watch Korean dramas but I would love to venture outside of Seoul proper. Crossing off our list is Everland, Lotte World, Gyeongbokgung, War Memorial, DMZ, Itaewon, Namdaemun, Dongdaemun cos we have been to these spots numerous times. I'll give Nanta cooking theater a go this time, plus food and shopping trip.

princess lorraine

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #202 on: May 20, 2013, 06:35:04 am »
^sis, i would suggest that you take the cable car to seoul tower. We also stayed at nine tree hotel myeongdong last april. We really love that hotel. We had a pleasant stay there. We just walked to namsan cable car station from nine tree hotel. It's about 10-15 minutes walk but uphill. I would suggest you take a cab to get to namsan cable car.  Myeongdong kyoja is just a few steps away from the hotel. Very yummy and affordable!  :)

u8mypinkcookies

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #203 on: May 20, 2013, 06:27:20 pm »
^ haba lang ng line sa myeongdong gyoja but worth it! 2 branches nila sa myeongdong, magkalapit lang.

^^ love Nami Island. The trip was iinda tiring since we commuted lang pero maganda yung place. Chill lang while your there and cool weather pa! Sarap pa ng dakgalbi na kinain namin, haha!

princess lorraine

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #204 on: May 20, 2013, 07:14:11 pm »
^sinuwerte lang siguro kami pag punta namin sa myeongdong kyoja mga 10:30am walang pila pero pag akyat namin halos puno na. Then after namin kumain pag baba namin haba na ng pila.  :)

kikaygirl

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #205 on: May 20, 2013, 07:45:46 pm »
hello, sa itr ang declared salary lang sa akin is 10k ok lang ba yun?
oo nga tanong ko din yan...

u8mypinkcookies

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #206 on: May 20, 2013, 08:44:30 pm »
^^ we arrived kasi mga 12:30pm so lunch talaga! pero mabilis naman makapasok since ilang floors yung resto kahit di super laki. ang bilis din nila mag-serve & matapos kumain yung customers so di naman matagal wait. tiyagaan lang pero sulit naman! ;D

paopaoo

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #207 on: May 22, 2013, 07:36:35 pm »
Hello!

Kababalik lang namin ng Korea yesterday. Super nice ng weather, tama lang at di gaano mainit. Mas malamig lalo pag gabi na. Nung may 7 a.m flight kami pauwi, we took the airport limousine bus. Sobrang lamig nung time na yun, may usok na nalabas sa mouth, haha! Okay ang Banana Backpackers na pinag-stayan namin, double room kami ng mother ko dun, malaki na rin sya. Cosmetics shopping sa myeongdong, and shopping din ng clothes  around Ewha/Hongdae area. Ganda ng Korea, super amused din ako sa Subway nila. Download nyo yung Jihachul/Subway app din nila, sobrang nakakatulong sya, di rin kami naligaw sa Subway. :-) Babalik talaga kami dito ulit sa susunod! :)

u8mypinkcookies

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #208 on: May 22, 2013, 08:40:35 pm »
^ yeah super helpful ng Jihachul :D we're already planning our trip for next year!! definitely pupunta kami kaya on the look out na kami sa seat sale. LOL.

travelling_daisy

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #209 on: May 23, 2013, 11:17:18 am »
Hi mga sis! Need ba bg thermals for temperatures between 2 - 13C? Or layering will do plus jackets? We're going in Nov first week. I hope you can provde inputs so I know what clothes to pack especially for my kids. Thanks!

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #210 on: May 23, 2013, 03:32:29 pm »
^ sis, for 2-13deg weather, i think you'll need thermals na, especially for the kids.. Ganyang temp nung nag-Japan kami nung March. Especially if medyo lamigin kayo (like me, hehe) and if mahangin. Pero si husband ko, di sya nagthermals - undershirt + polo/poloshirt + thick jacket lang sya, kasi mas mataas tolerance nya sa lamig.

On another note, mga sis, pwede ba pambayad ng airport limousine bus ang T-Money? Also, san pwede makabili ng T-Money Card sa Incheon airport?

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #211 on: May 23, 2013, 03:58:12 pm »
I've been to Korea 5 times already but I've never used T-money. Is it's usage like the octopus card of HKG? What are it's benefits (if aside from avoiding to have coins/change all the time, use in tranpos/shops?).. I'm your average cash/card/atm kind of person.

For transpo, I usually get picked up at the airport by either hotel service or I use the Korean Air limo bus. It has stops at the hotels I stay at so I buy discounted bus tickets at the inflight duty free. Subway or pre-arranged tours for moving around town. If laziness sets in, I take the cab but it can be frustrating at times esp if I forget my Hangeul version of the hotel name. Just curious. ;)

princess lorraine

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #212 on: May 23, 2013, 04:58:13 pm »
^^sis, we bought our t-money at gs25 convenience store at the arrival hall of incheon airport. We also used it for the airport limousine. :)
^yes sis, t-money is like octopus card in hk. You can also use it to purchase items at gs25 convenience stores.  :)

u8mypinkcookies

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #213 on: May 23, 2013, 06:45:11 pm »
^ us too, gs25 rin sa airport pero nag-reload nalang ako since bumili na kami card last yr :) di rin nageexpire yung load hehe. Super convenient ng Tmoney. Alam ko cheaper ng konti ang fare if you use Tmoney than cash.

^^^ yup pwede na sa airport limo yung tmoney :D

I miss korea na!!  :'(
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 07:23:17 pm by u8mypinkcookies »

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #214 on: May 24, 2013, 12:19:46 am »
Thanks sis u8mypinkcookies and sis princess lorraine for the reply. I thought di sya pwede sa airport limousine bus, buti nabanggit nyo.  :)

Sis theflygirl, yup just like Octopus card na aside from transpo (bus, subway, pwede rin sa taxi ang t-money),  pwede rin pambayad sa grocery/convenience stores. :)

preferred ko yung mga prepaid/reloadable transpo cards pag nagta-travel para mas mabilis. Tsaka me konting discount din sya for transfers between bus & subway within alloted time frame.

u8mypinkcookies

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #215 on: May 24, 2013, 05:05:40 am »
^ yah, nagamit ko sa convenience store doom when we buy water and mga chips hahaha :)

Yung natira ko sa Tmoney last year, nagamit ko pa last week e! :)

Sarap nung binili namin na choco covered mochi sa Lotte supermart. Nagustuhan ng mga pinasalubungan ko.

travelling_daisy

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #216 on: May 24, 2013, 01:11:20 pm »
^ sis, for 2-13deg weather, i think you'll need thermals na, especially for the kids.. Ganyang temp nung nag-Japan kami nung March. Especially if medyo lamigin kayo (like me, hehe) and if mahangin. Pero si husband ko, di sya nagthermals - undershirt + polo/poloshirt + thick jacket lang sya, kasi mas mataas tolerance nya sa lamig.

Thanks for the info sis. Sabi kase ng iba pwede thick jackets lang daw and layers... Naku, eh, lamigin ako, baka di ko makayanan. :)

Medyo off topic pero I'll ask na rin. Would you know where we can get thermals/winter clothes aside from Uniqlo, Promod, Zara, Gap, Debenhams, M&S and Surplus shop? So far, dito pa lang sa mga shops ako tumingin at nakabili ng few pieces last year. Baka may iba pang shops na pwede ko ma-check. Especially if for kids po.

Lastly, anong footwear ang recommended for this type of temperature too? Ok lang ba rubber shoes? Or need boots?  We'll wear thermal socks din...

thanks! :)

« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 01:53:11 pm by travelling_daisy »

bigdadis_girl

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #217 on: May 26, 2013, 05:53:32 am »
^sis try greenhills meron daw doon sabi ng iba nating sisses dito pero di ko pa na try:)
hope to be back soon mis na mis ko na SK, exactly a year ago when we went there and i'm planning na may next trip next spring season :)

if area ba ng myeongdong/namdaemun ang stay hindi ba masyado malayo lalakarin to subway?

u8mypinkcookies

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #218 on: May 26, 2013, 06:20:42 am »
^ kami nga kakabalik lang last week, nag-plan na kami for early next yr :) di naman malayo if sa myeongdong. Dun kami lagi stay e. More or less 3 mins. walk sa subway and shopping area. ;)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 05:40:06 pm by u8mypinkcookies »

princess lorraine

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #219 on: May 26, 2013, 07:05:08 am »
^^sis, if sa myeongdong mismo super lapit lang sa subway. We stayed at nine tree hotel myeongdong and it's less than a minute walk to the subway.  :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close